PDA

View Full Version : Career tracker?

jonny_bass
Nov-22-2016, 11:42
Hey everybody,

In my ongoing quest to try and duplicate the single-player experience I have with IL2 1946, I stumbled across a guy who'd designed a career tracker for Excel. As far as I could tell, you put your mission results (kills scored etc) into it and it would calculate promotions, medals awarded, likelihood of survival if baling out into the Channel, etc. Looked quite well-presented, and a good way of adding atmosphere to TF 4.3's campaign/mission generator.

Unfortunately, the links he provided are now dead; I've messaged him, but as the original post was 5 years I'm not expecting a quick response lol. Anybody know of anything similar out here in the ATAG universe? Or (he asked cheekily) possessed of the skills to conjure up something similar? I can't be the only one who would be appreciative :-)

If anybody fancies the challenge, or simply wants to know what I'm banging on about, here's the link:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26264

♣_Spiritus_♣
Nov-23-2016, 01:37
Can't be any help but if that email is still active on that account you may hear back at some point. I heard back from a similar situation after 4 months with what I needed. Hopefully it is quicker than that or someone here has what you're looking for.

philstyle
Nov-23-2016, 02:47
I think a lot of single-player players would like this.
The best single-player career system I ever saw in a game was the Aces over Europe game from the mid 1990s.
When you got "promoted" it woud sometimes transfer you to another unit... was very immersive. Ah, I loved that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwT-7KubfLY

jonny_bass
Nov-23-2016, 06:18
@69th_Spiritus_Mortem fingers crossed! Hopefully quicker than 4 months away too :-) @philstyle never played that one, but I like the sound of that career mode lol. I grew up with Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, Lucasfilm's Their Finest Hour and SWOTL, and (latterly) EAW. Just a shame CloD's stock SP options feel so half-assed. Ah well...

_RAAF_Recon
Jan-11-2017, 22:45
Well what do you know, only took me 3 months to spot this, not 4! Well including the 5 or so years I guess from when I made it!

I'm the author of that excel system, and I've been away from clod for a few years, but am excited to get back into it. Happy to see if I can re-awaken the career tracker I made if people are still interested? It certainly worked for me to keep the single or even multiplayer game more interesting as you sought to keep your 'pilot' alive!

Cheers

Recon.

Mysticpuma
Jan-11-2017, 23:09
I think it will be of interest to the Single Player community and maybe the Multiplayer community too. Please keep me and everyone else informed, I think it's a cool idea and worth promoting :)

Cheers, MP

pliph
Mar-20-2018, 16:54
Hey everybody,

In my ongoing quest to try and duplicate the single-player experience I have with IL2 1946, I stumbled across a guy who'd designed a career tracker for Excel. As far as I could tell, you put your mission results (kills scored etc) into it and it would calculate promotions, medals awarded, likelihood of survival if baling out into the Channel, etc. Looked quite well-presented, and a good way of adding atmosphere to TF 4.3's campaign/mission generator.

Unfortunately, the links he provided are now dead; I've messaged him, but as the original post was 5 years I'm not expecting a quick response lol. Anybody know of anything similar out here in the ATAG universe? Or (he asked cheekily) possessed of the skills to conjure up something similar? I can't be the only one who would be appreciative :-)

If anybody fancies the challenge, or simply wants to know what I'm banging on about, here's the link:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26264

Is this request still active?
I managed to find ReconNZ's RAF Logbook v2 in an old CD I kept.

Pliph