PDA

View Full Version : HIGHSEAS TOURS PRESENTS : Sight Seeing IV - The French Connection

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-09-2016, 21:37
After much (minimal) debate..

OH YEAH !!

It's ON

Highseas Epic Tour IV

MONDAY 9 JANUARY 21:00 (GMT)

and this time chaps....

It's in Franceland(tm) !

It's basically an educational tour of the French coast line... with the normal arsing about stupidity !

I haven't thought it through at all well.. so.. basically

Role call !

Highseas

EDIT:

OK...

so.. Monday 9th 21:00 GMT

ATAG Bomber server

Assemble at Querqueville....

Gonna try this with a 109 myself.... never tried landing one (never survived long enough to have the need !!)

We will fly along the coastline about 1000ft / 300 or so metres and folk can call out important features below... (I'm looking to learn a lot about the French side from this... I know very little!!)

I though we would head to Deauville Saint Gatlen, just south of Le Havre... get to about 2000ft, and as one formation (whether in line or side by side...)... go for a loop the loop over the estuary on the way to Le Havre... )

Those who survive land at le Havre and get a new plane... and head on up the coast.... figured we could try the same trick when we get to the Somme valley !anyone who needs to can re spawn at Berck

When we head north from there we might want to do some circuits over significant places... so everyone can get familiar with the visuals and names...

Carry on up to Ostend... then turn back to land at Oye Plage..... I suggest we go with the up in the sky over the airstrip and multi bale out to land parachute style... like we did on the Airshow !

so

RECAP:

• Assemble at Querqueville....
• Fly along the coastline about 1000ft / 300 or so metres calling out important features below...
• At Deauville Saint Gatlen get to about 2000ft and as one formation fly north, drop to deck over the water and loop the loop
• Land (or respawn) at Le Havre
• Head on up the coast.... loop the loop again over the Somme Estuary
• Head to Berck and wait for anyone who dies to get airborne again
• Carry on up to Ostend... then turn back to land at Oye Plage.....
• Grande finallie we dive on Oye Plage... go vertical... and simultaneously bail out... Parachute to ground.

Final Edit:

We will have at our disposal on the day Spit 1a 100, Hurricane 100 ROTOL, 109 E3 and G50's to choose from at the airfields noted above

Possibly also a Sukhoi at Oye Plage, because I thought if anyone is still up for it at the end we could have one go up in a Sukhoi and then a collective hunt in our war birds... "RELEASE THE HOUNDS ! / Run Rabbit Run !". Only if there is time though...

If there isn't you know now what to expect of Highseas Tour V !!

Thanks to Freya for this !

Artist
Dec-10-2016, 03:14
1. Artist

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-10-2016, 03:55
2. ATAG_Vampire

~S~ :salute:

DerDa
Dec-10-2016, 04:25
3. DerDa (Celui Là)

ATAG_Laser
Dec-10-2016, 05:25
Pilot officer laserlight reporting for duty sar!!!!!!! :salute:

ATAG_Marlow
Dec-10-2016, 07:02
After much (minimal) debate..

OH YEAH !!

It's ON

Highseas Epic Tour IV

MONDAY 9 JANUARY 21:00 (GMT)

and this time chaps....

It's in Franceland(tm) !

It's basically an educational tour of the French coast line... with the normal arsing about stupidity !

I haven't thought it through at all well.. so.. basically

Role call !

Highseas

....Count me in, Seas! When you say educational....do you mean landing and visiting certain French Hostelries? (Vamps knows a few that are particularly........ 'invigorating!') :D

Or does anyone actually know where that famous french hayloft (complete with mademoiselle) is situated? :devilish:

DerDa
Dec-10-2016, 07:50
I have to insist on one hayloft (plus mademoiselle) for each participant!

farley
Dec-10-2016, 08:48
Farley says: Regretted missing the last tour, so will be sure not to miss this one!
:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-10-2016, 08:52
I should probably point out that at this point in time I have limited knowledge of the French coastline... or how to pronounce most of it..

I also have no anecdotes for this one ! (possibly mercifully !!)

Most likely start in the Southwest (of the map... not of France!) and work along the coast... Probably get someone educated like Marlow to call out the French names in his funny voice.... (hahahah)

Not sure if there are any Châteaus to gawp at or not... either way we will land at Dieppe for a refuel... and a glass a of Vin-du-Plonk

I'll post it up top as and when I figure out an actual game plan !!

Oh.. fairly obviously this one is gonna be in 109's, a plane I have yet to fly ! looks to me like its basically the same as the RAF kites... but with two radiators... and an engine that works upside down (what soucery is this ???)

Sounds simple enough.... !

Much like me :D

ATAG_Laser
Dec-10-2016, 09:21
I should probably point out that at this point in time I have limited knowledge of the French coastline... or how to pronounce most of it..

I also have no anecdotes for this one ! (possibly mercifully !!)

Most likely start in the Southwest and work along the coast... Probably get someone educated like Marlow to call out the French names in his funny voice.... (hahahah)

Not sure if there are any Châteaus to gawp at or not... either way we will land at Dieppe for a refuel... and a glass a of Vin-du-Plonk

I'll post it up top as and when I figure out an actual game plan !!

Oh.. fairly obviously this one is gonna be in 109's, a plane I have yet to fly ! looks to me like its basically the same as the RAF kites... but with two radiators... and an engine that works upside down (what soucery is this ???)

Sounds simple enough.... !

Much like me :D

Right, so 109's it is then. I have tried flying the 109 a few times myself, but only a couple of times have I succeeded in actually getting airbourne. I can start one and taxi ok, you have to bind a key for opening the oil radiator, as well as the normal rad, and taxiing is just the same as the RAF types. The problem for me is keeping it straight on the take off run. I use slight right aileron to counter the torque, like in the spit, but, just as you are opening the throttles thinking you are nice and straight it just decides to pirouette on the runway:grrr: For anyone unfamiliar with the 109 it's best to take an E4 as you have auto prop pitch, and it is also worth noting that the flaps are incremental, so if, like me you have a button or key bound for "toggle flaps" for the spit and Hurrie, it won't work for the 109.

So, best I start watching some of those youtube tutorials for the 109, and practicing on the bomber server, (yeah, I know practicing for a Highseas tour is usually not allowed seas, but we want to at least all get up in one piece eh):D

Losing my mojo a bit with the main server of late, so this will be great fun, bring it on!! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-10-2016, 10:17
One of the most important things to remember with the E4 is that for take off/landing the Auto prop pitch should be switched 'OFF' and then manually set at the 12 o'clock position. After take off the prop pitch should then be switched to 'ON' back into the automatic mode. It is best to let the prop pitch 'clock' wind down at least 30 minutes when disengaging the auto prop pitch before setting it to the 12 o'clock manually.

You can take off without flaps unless carrying bombs in the 'Jabo' role. I find it advisable to use flaps on take off in this instance, probably 20%. on landing use full flaps and don't touch the brakes until you have slowed right down! Otherwise you will 'nose over' very quickly.

I think I might try the G50 for the tour, the external visibility is much better with the open cockpit, for something like sight seeing. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Marlow
Dec-10-2016, 11:01
[QUOTE=ATAG_Highseas;248681]

Probably get someone educated like Marlow to call out the French names in his funny voice.... (hahahah)

....Funny voice! What funny voice? (Calls to loving and attentive wife: 'Hey, Love.....Have I got a funny voice?') Oh god...shan't sleep tonight, now!

I thought it would be fun to start at Querqueville, right on the end of the Cherbourg Peninsula, and fly round to Dunkirk, refuelling as we go. Trouble is: I don't suppose we could get a 109 at the end of the Peninsula?

I prefer to use the actual cockpit controls in all the aircraft I fly....(I'm funny like that! Like my voice! Ha ha!) I find it more immersive. You can get the rad control to turn and the oil thin gummy to do it's thing, too. I'm totally unsure about the E4 having never tried it. I can get on with the E3 provided I don't let the ATA get too high (24000 revs?)....dix and Vamps know all the ins and outs! If I get right through the whole tour without 'blowing me RADs'.......and no, Vamps that is not a euphemism for hayloft activities....it'll be a total miracle!!! Salute!

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-10-2016, 11:27
I can get on with the E3 provided I don't let the ATA get too high (24000 revs?)....!

24,000 rpm... ? !!!!

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-10-2016, 12:59
I think he means 2,400 (two thousand four hundred)?

Marlow probably got mixed up because was thinking of 'haylofts' and things!!! :devilish:

In my very limited knowledge of the Bf109 as I understand it if you stay between 2,300 & 2,500 revs you should be OK. You do need to watch the ATA though and adjust your rads accordingly.

As far as Marlows funny voice goes I never really thought about it...........OK I've thought about it. I suppose he can sound a bit funny at times! Never mind, we all sound funny over TS. If I hear my voice on a video I always think "that's not me, surely?" :thumbsup:

ATAG_yotheguy
Dec-10-2016, 13:00
Can I come learn how to fly the 109?:flying2:

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-10-2016, 14:48
Hi yo!

You would be most welcome buddy. Perhaps you might learn something.............there again maybe not!
Haha!

I for one could do with some of your extensive knowledge regarding the 109, as I am sure some of the others would.

It will be good fun to. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-10-2016, 15:15
Only if I can learn to play the accordion.

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-10-2016, 16:20
How did you know yo was an accordion player Seas? :D

ATAG_Marlow
Dec-10-2016, 19:07
Can I come learn how to fly the 109?:flying2:

So, if Yo knows nothing about the 109........... who the hell shot me down the other day....off Folkestone...low......about 3/4 thousand feet.........THE POPE?

Good one, Yo! I never even saw you........I'd just helped to shoot down a 110 (Drock?) and was just relaxing when ...BANG! Struggled feet dry and up to six thousand feet and then bailed! Brolly opened, thank goodness! You can teach me to fly the 109 anytime! Salute! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Laser
Dec-10-2016, 19:56
Tried the 109 again this afternoon on Lead Farm. After about 6 failed attempts I managed to get airbourne, even managed to shoot down a couple of AI Hurricanes, (man, that felt weird doing that!!) Just a few questions for those that are more familiar with the 109,

1) Why, on the take off run, when you think that you are holding it nice and straight does the 109 suddenly decide to do a pirouette on the runway? I try and take off the same way as the spit, using slight right aileron to counter torque.

2) On finals for landing, is there a way to drop the flaps all the way down using just one press of a button? The "toggle flaps" key that I have for the spit and Hurrie doesn't work with the 109, and I had to hit my "flaps down" key so many times to just get the flaps to come down only slightly.

3) This one won't be necessary for the sightseeing tour, only for combat, but the 109 gunsight is offset to the right, so when I press my "toggle gunsight illumination" key I just get a light shine on the top centre of the instrument panel, to the left of the sight itself, so, how do I get the cross hairs to show up on the actual sight?

Don't think I would fly blue on the main server, but it has been interesting trying to learn to fly something different:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-10-2016, 20:05
3. DerDa (Celui Là)

Nice bit of French that!

I remember that from the "how did you get your name " thread !

Highseas (HauteMer)

or if you want it as a literal word for word translation

ÉlevéMer

Actually.. thinking about it... a couple more letters at the end would make that work too ....... ÉlevéMerde

hehehe

think we will stick with:

HauteMer

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-10-2016, 20:13
Tried the 109 again this afternoon on Lead Farm. After about 6 failed attempts I managed to get airbourne, even managed to shoot down a couple of AI Hurricanes, (man, that felt weird doing that!!) Just a few questions for those that are more familiar with the 109,

1) Why, on the take off run, when you think that you are holding it nice and straight does the 109 suddenly decide to do a pirouette on the runway? I try and take off the same way as the spit, using slight right aileron to counter torque.

2) On finals for landing, is there a way to drop the flaps all the way down using just one press of a button? The "toggle flaps" key that I have for the spit and Hurrie doesn't work with the 109, and I had to hit my "flaps down" key so many times to just get the flaps to come down only slightly.

3) This one won't be necessary for the sightseeing tour, only for combat, but the 109 gunsight is offset to the right, so when I press my "toggle gunsight illumination" key I just get a light shine on the top centre of the instrument panel, to the left of the sight itself, so, how do I get the cross hairs to show up on the actual sight?

Don't think I would fly blue on the main server, but it has been interesting trying to learn to fly something different:thumbsup:

Last one probably works fine with Track IR as you can move your head sideways... EDTracker ain't gonna do that...

I don't use the "lean to gunsight" at all... just zoom in out... mainly because the lean to gunsight retstricts your head movement such that you cant look past 90 degrees... and as far as i can tell does bugger all else. !

ATAG_Freya
Dec-11-2016, 09:20
Trouble is: I don't suppose we could get a 109 at the end of the Peninsula?

For a few francs, a glass of vin-du-plonk, and maybe a madmoiselle, alterations can easily be made to server2's training map to suit your airbase/aircraft needs for the tour. Just give a shout!

~S~

ATAG_Marlow
Dec-11-2016, 09:49
For a few francs, a glass of vin-du-plonk, and maybe a madmoiselle, alterations can easily be made to server2's training map to suit your airbase/aircraft needs for the tour. Just give a shout!

~S~

Hey! Now here's a possible good idea! Thanks Freya!

If we were on the bomber server we wouldn't get interfered with by other enemy aircraft? Anyone else got any preferences? Seas.....perhaps it ought to be you call as you're Tour Director? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-11-2016, 09:51
Hi Freya!

What can I say other than that is very kind and accommodating of you Sir. :thumbsup:

I am sure Seas will be back to you when he picks up your post.

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-11-2016, 10:22
Hey! Now here's a possible good idea! Thanks Freya!

If we were on the bomber server we wouldn't get interfered with by other enemy aircraft? Anyone else got any preferences? Seas.....perhaps it ought to be you call as you're Tour Director? :thumbsup:

DEFINITELY the bomber server...

All the other tours have been there for that very reason !!

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-11-2016, 10:28

~S~

Sounds like a plan... !!

Figured we would start at Quequeville, follow the coast to Dieppe, land and refuel then on up to Ostend...
assuming the fuel holds out...

The original tour of England saw about 30 minutes of flight before we actually managed to set off proper !!

I will definitely come back to you nearer the time... though I assume you are joining us?!! :dthumb:

DerDa
Dec-11-2016, 10:33
think we will stick with:

HauteMer

If you are in a 109 it has to be Herr Hochsee

:)

Artist
Dec-11-2016, 13:15

Oh that is nice! Maybe the Luftwaffe can transfer all captured Spitfire IIa to Querqueville that day?

It would give some of us a chance to actually leave the ground. We from the FG28 thought about manning an 88 together....

....and pile the wrecks at the end of the runway.

GloriousRuse
Dec-11-2016, 23:21
Laser:

1) Mostly because of airflow over the tail beyond a certain speed. Try a touch of rudder to keep you straight. Just a touch mind.

2) Nope. Or I haven't found it. Not entirely needed though. Flaps at 20% and flaring your nose up are more than sufficient to let you land safely. You can actually land it sans flaps if you need to, just make sure you have a shallow glide path and low power.

3) Lean to gunsight key will center you out on the sights, basically simulating you putting your shoulder into that leather pad you see in front of you. That said, it is way easier just to actually move your body with track IR - shift your head slightly right and drop your right shoulder in slightly for some zoom, or just use the zoom in function.

ATAG_Laser
Dec-12-2016, 14:59
Laser:

1) Mostly because of airflow over the tail beyond a certain speed. Try a touch of rudder to keep you straight. Just a touch mind.

2) Nope. Or I haven't found it. Not entirely needed though. Flaps at 20% and flaring your nose up are more than sufficient to let you land safely. You can actually land it sans flaps if you need to, just make sure you have a shallow glide path and low power.

3) Lean to gunsight key will center you out on the sights, basically simulating you putting your shoulder into that leather pad you see in front of you. That said, it is way easier just to actually move your body with track IR - shift your head slightly right and drop your right shoulder in slightly for some zoom, or just use the zoom in function.

Thanks for the tips GloriousRuse

I guess that the answer to question 1 is practice. Had the same problem for a while when I converted from the Hurri to the Spit, still do if I am got giving that take off run 100% concentration. Seems like the 109 is the most difficult of the 3 fighters to keep straight on take off.

Shame about the flaps issue. I am used to applying full flaps for landing in the spit and Hurri, in fact landing crashes have bugged me since I started playing this. Again I guess it's just practice that is needed.

As to the gunsight issue, tried the Lean to gunsight key and that seems to work fine. Cannot do it the other way as I am using Ed Tracker, which only has 3 dof.

Thanks again for your help. Will you be joining the tour? :salute:

ATAG_yotheguy
Dec-12-2016, 18:52
Just a little tip from RL.

You land at the same speed, flaps or no flaps. The flaps are so you can come in with a more nose down attitude, and to slow you down a bit with all the drag they induce.

For take off's you want to roll on the power smoothly, and use your rudder a bit, but be careful you don't correct to much (less is better). The brakes on the 109 are a lot better then the Spit/Hurri, and its not just 100% or 0%. You can feather the brakes to keep you strait on landings.

If you don't have rudder peddles then you need to land with about 5-6% throttle to keep some air going over the rudder, so you don't ground loop on landing.

Although on red side the lean to gun sight is of little use, on the blue side it can be a useful tool, if used the right way. Think "Check six, lean in, shoot, lean out, check six." It takes about 1.5 sec to lean in, and the same to lean out. So if you don't think you have time to use it then don't, but it is there when you do have the time.

ATAG_Laser
Dec-13-2016, 14:06
Just a little tip from RL.

You land at the same speed, flaps or no flaps. The flaps are so you can come in with a more nose down attitude, and to slow you down a bit with all the drag they induce.

For take off's you want to roll on the power smoothly, and use your rudder a bit, but be careful you don't correct to much (less is better). The brakes on the 109 are a lot better then the Spit/Hurri, and its not just 100% or 0%. You can feather the brakes to keep you strait on landings.

If you don't have rudder peddles then you need to land with about 5-6% throttle to keep some air going over the rudder, so you don't ground loop on landing.

Although on red side the lean to gun sight is of little use, on the blue side it can be a useful tool, if used the right way. Think "Check six, lean in, shoot, lean out, check six." It takes about 1.5 sec to lean in, and the same to lean out. So if you don't think you have time to use it then don't, but it is there when you do have the time.

Cheers yo, like I said it's probably just a case of practice. I think that I need to check my rudder sensitivity settings, it really takes all of my effort and concentration just to get airbourne, even in the spitfire, and the 109 is even more difficult to keep straight.

Apologies to seas for taking this thread slightly off topic, I shall continue with a post on your old thread about axis sensitivity settings for further information about rudder settings

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-15-2016, 10:58
Oh that is nice! Maybe the Luftwaffe can transfer all captured Spitfire IIa to Querqueville that day?

It would give some of us a chance to actually leave the ground. We from the FG28 thought about manning an 88 together....

....and pile the wrecks at the end of the runway.

Had my first proper mess about in the 109 last night

I think Artist that you have a splendid idea above.

I will attempt it in a 109, but given the time it took for us all to get airbourne the option to use a familar plane might be welcomed by many....

Besides...

If we have a mix of Luftwaffe / RAF planes up, it will be like Christmas 1914

I really kinda like that idea !!

:thumbsup:

Artist
Dec-15-2016, 14:51
The urge to misuse my 8 MGs on that 109 flying peacefully beside (and slightly ahead of) me will be overwhelming. Almost impossible to resist. Gnnnnnnnnnnnngn...

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-15-2016, 16:17
It is funny you should say that Artist......Highseas doesn't even resist that urge.......or any other urge from what I can see! ;;)

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-15-2016, 18:37
The urge to misuse my 8 MGs on that 109 flying peacefully beside (and slightly ahead of) me will be overwhelming. Almost impossible to resist. Gnnnnnnnnnnnngn...

Just gotta hold back is all...

It's really easy... they say...

:cool:

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-22-2016, 06:44
Just to say I haven't forgotten to update the "plan..."

Something will appear before new years day !!

The date is solid !!

ZeroXIII
Dec-23-2016, 14:30
ZeroXIII reporting in, sounds like this could be a fun evening, best get some more practice in on the 109's beforehand :D

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-26-2016, 06:30
Practice?

That word again. .....

ATAG_Laser
Dec-26-2016, 06:44
With all this "Practising" going on there is a danger that there will be too few crashes for a highseas tour, but I am sure you will be able to rely on me to provide the smoke plumes :)

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-26-2016, 07:35
It won't matter how much 'practice' we get if Highseas has an attack of 'puppying'. There will be Messerschmit Mayhem to be sure!

In that case those that are left in the air will be able to navigate by the smoke plumes on the ground.

Looking forward to this! :thumbsup:

TURK_Enlem
Dec-26-2016, 08:04
Practice?

That word again. .....

There are good synonyms instead of... Such as "losing weight", "quit smoking...

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-30-2016, 15:14
Updated the plan of action. (see initial post)

See you on the day chaps !!

Highseas

ATAG_Flare
Jan-01-2017, 04:22
Wish this wasn't mid day on a Monday for me...

I could show you the cottage in Courseulles sur Mer that really needs to get a heater installed!

Pack some bombs on your 109s - blow it up and maybe they'll rebuild it with decent climate control inside!

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-01-2017, 06:59
Sorry you won't be able to make it for this tour Flare. We'll crash a few for you!

As for that cottage, I stayed in one in Courseulles sur Mer and I had a similar experience. You never know it was probably the same place. Haha! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Pattle
Jan-02-2017, 04:38
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the tour, once again. Who would have thought being on the other side of the world with Timezone and have to go to work issues, would make things so hard to partake!:doh:

Pattle

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-02-2017, 08:22
Ga'day Cobber!

Sorry you can't make the French tour Pat. I'm sure there will be another soon and hopefully at a time suitable for you to be with us.

Take care mate! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-02-2017, 09:56
Last update to the initial post.

Looks like we are all set.

We will have a full compliment of fighters, both axis and allies on the ATAG Bomber server on the day...

(Cheers Freya !)

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-02-2017, 10:12
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the tour, once again. Who would have thought being on the other side of the world with Timezone and have to go to work issues, would make things so hard to partake!:doh:

Pattle

"Oh Hi Mr / Mrs "insert boss name here"... yeah... thing is... well... I woke up and I'm feeling a bit... just chalk it up as a sick day eh? there's a good sport."

Or if you are self employed just write yourself a memo and stick it on the fridge...

"Dear me. Sorry about the bills and the mortgage... I know its a worry but I was busy... and you will forgive me anyway ... so we are all good."

"PS... I got you some of that beer you like to make up for it."

See... its easy...

ATAG_Scones
Jan-02-2017, 16:49
This sound good! Please, may Scones join the party? But, remembering my miserable attempts to fly the 109, I'll need to practice my take-offs!
:salute:

DerDa
Jan-03-2017, 03:42
If you already flew the109 more than twice, you are way ahead of me, Scones!

Maybe the admins should ban this nasty p... word.

Artist
Jan-03-2017, 05:46
Oh, and this is a must hear from Henry: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24079

There'll be an oral exam at the end of the tour.

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-03-2017, 09:00
I hope this oral exam has multiple choice answers? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-09-2017, 19:34
So...

What did we learn?

Well......

Probably most notably for a "Tour"... we learned NOTHING about France, my fault really as I know nothing about France, and was hoping somebody else might.

Vamps knew way more than anyone else... and Marlow knew stuff as well.... but learn anything?... I don't remember anything those two said at all !! :D

I learned that a loop the loop in a 109 is infinitely easier than in a Hurricane, that a 109 has inexhaustible ammo.... that actually I can 'kinda' fly one OK... and land 2/3 times... can't taxi one very well mind !! hahah !!! toe brake and all... need patience I think.

I learned that there is way more to look at on the British side of the map... which was a bit disappointing if I'm honest... England got the lot by the look of it !.. iconic buildings... not just in London either.. all around Kent and even in Wiltshire. but wow.. the cliffs... !! oh and if you are really into ploughing then Normandy has lots of that... really nice lines.... (and thankfully no golf courses !!!!..)

The French Cliffs really are quite are beautiful. !!

Where as the British ones are a creamy white Wensleydale.... the French ones are full on Roquefort... they genuinely look very different ! they look north facing... green and mottled... its a really nice touch. Well worth a low level gander if you have a day off from combat (which as you know I recommend on occasion).

Thank you chaps for your company.

and the stupidity around Le Harvre / Berck
hehe!

and for showing up for this stupid stuff !!

Cheers !

:salute:

'Seas

Artist
Jan-10-2017, 01:20
As with our previous expeditions, this was fun! Good company!

DerDa
Jan-10-2017, 02:20
As Artist said.

And I did learn quite a few things.
For one that I most probably will never learn how to taxi a 109.
And also that you guy pronounce 'Crep on' in a rather interesting way :):):)

Already looking forward to the next tour (maybe over the desert?)

S!

DerDa

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-10-2017, 04:10
Another great night.....good, nearly clean 'Puppying' about ....FUN!

Firstly many thanks Seas for the inspiration and minimal planning....it always works mate.Haha!

A big thanks to ATAG_Freya and ATAG_PanTast for the work on the server and map....thanks brothers.

Of course it is always good if someone turns up for these events. So thanks to the following for taking part;
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Marlow
ATAG_Sunny
laserlight
No 54 Dix
FG28 Artist
FG28 DerDa
TNScones
......there were others but my memory isn't what it was and I didn't take a screen shot of TS but thanks guys for participating in all the madness. The company makes all the difference.

As DerDa says, looking forward to the next Sightseeing Tour wherever it may be.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-10-2017, 04:50
Maybe the learning wasn't quite so important as the 'taking part' and the companionship......... and we had plenty of that. I certainly got more of a feel for the 109 E4 and I'm glad about that! As always, it takes somebody to start these things by having the the idea and then championing it.......so big thanks to Seas for another wonderful, daft idea! here's to the next one! Salute All :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-10-2017, 05:42
Of course it is always good if someone turns up for these events. So thanks to the following for taking part;
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Marlow
ATAG_Sunny
laserlight
No 54 Dix
FG28 Artist
FG28 DerDa
TNScones
......there were others but my memory isn't what it was and I didn't take a screen shot of TS but thanks guys for participating in all the madness. The company makes all the difference.

You forgot Zero..... and that Highseas guy... and Vampire.

And the cameos from ATAG ' Kevin and Torian.....

dix
Jan-10-2017, 05:59
Great fun as always guys :thumbsup:

shout out to highseas for being impossible to keep formation with and for making me crash into the french sea!! at least german ASR guys don't sleep their days off like raf ones do :-)

thanks to everybody for taking part!! and we even manage to stay quite close all the way, nice!!

too bad my recording didn't go through :(
next time i need to start the stream instead of just pushing the preview button :laugh:

ZeroXIII
Jan-10-2017, 06:09
Agreed, it was a great night, had a good few laughs and a few close calls trying to "top gun" around Le Havre and spending quite a bit of time inverted (which I now know doesn't do a 109's engine any good after trying to fly up the coast like that),

Definitely looking forward to the next one.

Oh and I might remember to remap some keys so I don't accidently jettison my canopy while waiting to take off :D

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-10-2017, 06:43
Yeah, apologies Zero.

As I said my memory is not what it was. Nice to have you along. :thumbsup:

dix
Jan-10-2017, 06:49
Last night after we wrapped up the tour, i realized i had a funny story about something happened in france to tell.. in paris, and not war related (i think it happened before that), but it was interesting...
maybe another time.. :c

DerDa
Jan-10-2017, 07:03
Just one thing bothered me:
There was a lot of long grass, but I couldnt't find a single hayloft ...

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-10-2017, 08:13

Hahaha!

ZeroXIII
Jan-10-2017, 09:05

No busty blonde ground crew either :D

ATAG_Laser
Jan-10-2017, 11:57
Yes, that was another fun evening of sightseeing. :thumbsup:

Many thanks to Highseas for coming up with another one of these great tour idea's, (wonder what the next one will be?, Looking forward to it already)

Thanks to everyone else who attended and made it what it was, and thanks to Vamps and Marlow for the info as we flew along the coast. I was listening to you and taking it all in, but was quiet on comms as I was trying to concentrate on keeping eyes on you all.

As to what I have learned, well, I still struggle to keep up with / keep eyes on those I am flying with. I also learned that I still have work to do on those landings, (totally stuffed the first one, came in too fast) :doh: I also like to think that I learned a bit more about the French side of the map, which was what it was all about, apart from having a lot of fun of course. Oh, and I have also discovered that 109's look a lot better in front of me than behind on my 6. The trick now is learning how to keep them in front of me in combat :-)

Cheers again guys, brilliant fun :salute:

ATAG_Scones
Jan-10-2017, 12:17
Well, this was my first tour with you guys and it was great fun! :thumbsup:

Sorry for posting late - I've just come out of a hayloft!

~S~

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-10-2017, 12:39
shout out to highseas for being impossible to keep formation with and for making me crash into the french sea!!

I made you do no such thing.

Besides.. there is no such thing "French Sea"... you must mean the English Channel.

:-P

dix
Jan-10-2017, 13:27
I made you do no such thing.

Besides.. there is no such thing "French Sea"... you must mean the English Channel.

:-P

as far as i know within 6nm off the shore is considered french water :-P

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-10-2017, 14:09
as far as i know within 6nm off the shore is considered french water :-P

6 newton metres?

Torque has nothing to do with it.... though it may have contributed to your crash.

:P