PDA

View Full Version : ACG's annual Flying Extravaganza All Welcome

Meaks
Dec-13-2016, 07:19
Gentlemen we over at ACG are holding our annual Flying Extravaganza this coming Sunday night from 19.00 hours GMT and you are all welcome :)

Please join us on our TS comms channel at 19.00 hours GMT at IP address 85.236.100.27:16317,we welcome you all.

The aircraft we use to fly in this extravaganza is the humble Tiger Moth and we encourage you all to create your skin of your choice,however madcap :glaughter:

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g374/fastted/http___a_amz_mshcdn_com_wp-content_uploads_2015_09_wingwalkers-5%20-%20Copy.jpg

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-13-2016, 10:51
Hi Meaker.

Thanks for posting this and for the very kind invite to participate in some Tiger Moth 'frolics'.

As a matter of interest a few months ago some friends and I did a 'Find the Source of the Thames' flight in Tiger Moths. It was a good night and great fun was had by all........and we did find the source of the Thames!

What is good about events like this is the chance to enjoy this awesome sim and the many graphical delights it has to offer without the need to constantly 'Check six' etc. I think we can sometimes miss out when 'fighting' the air war! It can also provide good navigational practice along the way. You never know very soon we may be able to do something like this in the good old 'wimpy'. Haha!

Cheers. :thumbsup:

~S~ :salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-13-2016, 13:25
Gentlemen we over at ACG are holding our annual Flying Extravaganza this coming Sunday night from 19.00 hours GMT and you are all welcome :)

Sweet !

I love this sort of lark... Hugely !

Pretty sure I'm not gonna be able to make 19:00, or most likely any time before about 21:00

I know a few others though who will likely jump at the chance

I think these sorts of recreational events are fantastic, both as a a break from combat, and socially !

Hats off to you Sir !

Thanks for posting here !...

Meaks
Dec-14-2016, 09:18
Thanks very much for the support and appreciation gents :salute:

Yes......you really are all,very welcome,we're planning on getting a mass flight of Tiger Moths airborne,and then to all follow a leader from the Thames estuary down the Thames(going through as many bridges as we dare!......there will be casualties,lol.... and maybe all finally landing on the Mall(Road leading to Buckinham Palace) for those that are left airborne.

We have done this before and it's a real hoot,something we all need at the moment eh ?

So anyway,please do join us if you can,I have also advertised this on all the major Cliffs Of Dover iL2 websites,so expect to witness something quite spectacular :)

Turan87
Dec-19-2016, 05:52
Oh man, so bleak I missed this. On Friday the Crete2Cape Vintage Air Rally (http://www.vintageairrally.com) concluded here in Cape Town. It was such a treat to watch them come in and to crawl all over those glorious old birds. Definitely put me in a biplane mood. Hopefully there will be another one of these.

ATAG_Vampire
Dec-19-2016, 08:48
Yes you certainly missed a good night of mayhem and frolics.............never seen so many Tiger Moths together........well that was until the mid-air collisions and terrain collisions started! Haha!

Damm good fun well worth participating. Looking forward to next year already (if invited).

Thanks to Meaker and Atreides for organising it and to all the ACG guys for making us welcome. :thumbsup:

~S~ :salute:

Meaks
Dec-19-2016, 09:20
Thanks Vampire,for you're support and participation last night buddy,it was very much appreciated,glad you and your buddies liked our little annual bash,and yes,you will definatly be invited next year,as will all you fine chaps here on ATAG :)

darky1
Dec-19-2016, 18:05
Brilliant night had by all with some very naughty skins we could never wear in a campaign mission and some totally insane frolics but so funny :)