PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Koala63
Nov-04-2012, 18:24
Koala63 here and most pleased to introduce myself to all you ATAG chaps.

I'm 49 and first gained my virtual wings in a P39D with v.457 Sq. on the just released IL2 demo. The first 457 cadet to do so during their transition from EAW, if memory serves.

I later served as an element leader with v.RAAF 3 Sq. and still relish the memories of many remarkable sorties flown with tight discipline and brilliant mateship. Some oldtimers out there might still remember the sinking of a certain Tirpitz in a certain online war...

I've only ever flown "full real" settings and have only had the occasional flight in a captured gerry crate where I couldn't read the dials.

A combination of the final CloD patch, long awaited computer upgrades and some electrical work on my house has meant that I can finally fly this game as intended. And finally I can fly on the ATAG server.

These days my online flying is a testament to why being a fighter pilot is a young mans caper. I'm poorly sighted, slow reacting and frequently and easily confused. I also tend to fly like an old woman, nursing the engine at low boost and RPM like I own it IRL and can't afford a mechanic. My BFM are rubbish and I consistently throw all my energy out the window in the first turn and then proceed to wallow about for a few minutes until shot down. Unless I cook the engine first in my boyish excitement... Yep. I'm a newb once more.

Anyway, I love the ATAG server. My online time is pretty limited by RL, and my flying times seem to coincide with quiet server periods. It also usually coincides with me having finished a hard day's manual work and one or three coldies... So if you see me I'll be looking to tag along with any fighter patrols as a semi-detached wingy and hope to be more a help than a hinderance. I'm still trying to streamline my controller setups for flying and TS3 (man, this overlay business is killing me) so apologies for frequent radio checks and drop-in/drop-outs etc.

Finally, thanks to the ATAG team for a great server, very helpful forum and vibrant community. S!

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-04-2012, 19:28
Welcome to the forum, Koala63!

I think you'll find yourself right at home on our server, especially if you hook up with us on our Teamspeak channels. We're a laid back bunch, and can get you up to speed in no time. Cliffs of Dover has had its fair share of quirks through a succession of patches, but we've done a lot of work behind the scenes to figure out what works and what doesn't. The important thing is to have FUN, and if we can help in that process we'll be very glad to.

Looking forward to seeing you online! :thumbsup:

Snapper

Old_Canuck
Nov-05-2012, 01:02
Welcome :) With aging reflexes I too serve as a bait plane more times than not. But it's all good when you fall in with the right mates. Like Snapper says, we're all about having fun and coming up against skilled opponents takes the fun factor up a notch.