PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning new edition of the game

nic727
Dec-21-2016, 12:23
Hi,

I have some questions regarding

2. Within a few weeks of the signing, TFS releases a single-install compilation of all Team Fusion work up to TF 4.312 as a 'Community Mod'. This package will be hosted on Steam as an optional update for all original game owners.

3. Within a number of months, TFS releases a new edition of the original game. This will have all the current TF 4.312 'mods', but this time these work-arounds and adaptions will be properly written to the Source Code, and the game will also be upgraded to DX11. In addition, we will provide a number of 'extras' over what is currently in TF 4.312. We can't say what these will be at this point, but we are sure the community will appreciate them. This 'new' game will replace the old one on Steam, and will be a free upgrade to those who already own CLIFFS.

I ordered Il2 Cliffs of Dover physical collector edition for Christmas. Will it be easy to patch from this "release" version to TF 4.312 with your single-install compilation?
Also, about the new edition of the game, will it exist in physical version (via Excalibur Publishing) or only digital?

thank you

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-21-2016, 12:38
Hi,

I have some questions regarding

I ordered Il2 Cliffs of Dover physical collector edition for Christmas. Will it be easy to patch from this "release" version to TF 4.312 with your single-install compilation?
Also, about the new edition of the game, will it exist in physical version (via Excalibur Publishing) or only digital?

thank you

Hi Nic,

I can answer one of your questions. The patch will automatically update through steam, just as other titles do when patches or updates are released.

nic727
Dec-21-2016, 12:41
Hi Nic,

I can answer one of your questions. The patch will automatically update through steam, just as other titles do when patches or updates are released.

Ok thank you.

I thought that there was a version of the game without Steam.

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-21-2016, 12:43
Ok thank you.

I thought that there was a version of the game without Steam.

Even the "hard copy" version is installed through steam

nic727
Dec-21-2016, 13:50
Even the "hard copy" version is installed through steam

so the disc version is more like a code to redeem on Steam?

finch
Dec-21-2016, 14:22
so the disc version is more like a code to redeem on Steam?

Yes, mine came with a dvd and a steam activation code, where you can initally install the game, then activate it in steam and download the patch

ATAG_Deacon
Dec-21-2016, 14:33
Merry Christmas indeed...

1lokos
Dec-21-2016, 18:14
Yes, mine came with a dvd and a steam activation code, where you can initally install the game, then activate it in steam and download the patch

You can install the DVD version without the DVD, just need the key for add in STEAM. Can keep the DVD sealed.

nic727
Dec-21-2016, 22:45
Thank you everyone!

Merry Christmas indeed...

finch
Dec-22-2016, 00:21
You can install the DVD version without the DVD, just need the key for add in STEAM. Can keep the DVD sealed.

I know, but the time I bought it my internet was very slow, so I used both

IIJG27Rich
Dec-22-2016, 02:11
Can i ask a dumb question? What will DirectX 11 do for the game in terms of the way it looks?

1lokos
Dec-22-2016, 06:16
I know, but the time I bought it my internet was very slow, so I used both

After install, update through STEAM and apply TF 5.0 patches, copy the install folder in DVD, so avoid do this all again in future.

Mysticpuma
Dec-22-2016, 07:19
Can i ask a dumb question? What will DirectX 11 do for the game in terms of the way it looks?

Improve performance and allow VR options :)

Check out the frame-rate difference in this video comparing DX10 and DX11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiS6kzXQchk

IIJG27Rich
Dec-22-2016, 08:13
Improve performance and allow VR options :)

Check out the frame-rate difference in this video comparing DX10 and DX11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiS6kzXQchk

I remember this video. You can really see the difference in the rock work etc. Thanks MP:salute:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-22-2016, 09:33
One think to keep in mind though, is that TFS is still a group or people with full time jobs so free time will still be a factor.
Having access to the source code opens up the possibilities to basically anything that time (and the community patience) allows. With the SC, less time will be needed to make many changes/fixes but a lot of effort is still involved.

Needless to say that TFS members will keep working hard on keeping the dream alive.

:salute:

Continu0
Dec-22-2016, 10:47
So I did understand right that there are no plans to go full- or part-time professional for some of you with the "new" game?

Swoop
Dec-22-2016, 10:49
I thought the same and did wonder if you would get help from full time members of the 1C team, or contract some of the work out.

Going the pre order route like 1C might start getting the money in to start paying for this help.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-22-2016, 12:17
So I did understand right that there are no plans to go full- or part-time professional for some of you with the "new" game?

Personally I'm keeping my day job, at least for now. Who knows what the future might bring, I might even get replaced :D

major_setback
Dec-22-2016, 13:46

Now: There will be more incentive to do work, complete work, and produce work of acceptable standard. But there will also be more pressure to do all of these things. There are bound to be effects and reactions to the change. How that will affect production, and how much of it will be visible is hard to say. But it is easy to stagnate without incentive, and so that will be welcomed, I'm sure.

cheers, major_setback

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-22-2016, 14:58
Personally I'm keeping my day job, at least for now. Who knows what the future might bring, I might even get replaced :D

roflmao

Barone
Dec-22-2016, 15:35
Sorry if I ask here but didn't see the point of opening a new post...
I'm very curious to see the game with DX11. Better the visual and the performance!
But... This will affect the ID of contacts? Because IDing of contacts in clod is probably the best out there in mil-sim world.
Thanks in advance for reply!
S!

439th_Wtornado
Dec-24-2016, 15:59
Any idea how much they will be charging for the North Africa add-on on Steam?

Mysticpuma
Dec-24-2016, 17:50
We're hoping for around £1,000,000

Now it may seem a lot but I reckon 1 red player and 1 blue player buying at that price should fund the creation of v6.00 quite nicely!? :)

Mysticpuma
Dec-24-2016, 17:52
In seriousness I'll have a look through the various threads and put together a Q&A list around the beginning of the new year and try and answer a few questions (where possible).

Cheers, MP

Continu0
Dec-24-2016, 18:08
In seriousness I'll have a look through the various threads and put together a Q&A list around the beginning of the new year and try and answer a few questions (where possible).

Cheers, MP

I have a couple which might be interesting, can I send them to you directly? :D

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-24-2016, 19:38
I have a couple which might be interesting, can I send them to you directly? :D

We cannot answer specific questions which are under the Non-Disclosure Agreement terms.

So basically for those outside, what you are seeing is as much as we can really say.

Continu0
Dec-25-2016, 05:13
We cannot answer specific questions which are under the Non-Disclosure Agreement terms.

So basically for those outside, what you are seeing is as much as we can really say.

Oh, my intention was rather to send them directly to Mystic so he does not have to search for them in some thread... I would have asked those questions in the forum anyway... :thumbsup:

BP_Lizard
Dec-25-2016, 12:20
After install, update through STEAM and apply TF 5.0 patches, copy the install folder in DVD, so avoid do this all again in future.

Is V. 5.0 out already? I'm still on 4.312 (patched using TF's individual files). Could someone please clarify? Thanks.
Follow up question: If I uninstall CloD, will I get the most recent patched version via Steam?

Continu0
Dec-25-2016, 13:01
Is V. 5.0 out already? I'm still on 4.312 (patched using TF's individual files). Could someone please clarify? Thanks.
Follow up question: If I uninstall CloD, will I get the most recent patched version via Steam?

No, no, no... 4.312 is still the last patch... See here:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23943&p=249421&viewfull=1#post249421

=FI=Murph
Dec-25-2016, 13:05
5.0 is not out yet. I'm sure he miss-typed.

nic727
Jan-27-2017, 14:47
First, I don't have the game yet... I was thinking to get it, but since the announcement, I don't know what to do.

I was looking at the collector edition (around $10 for physical game, book, maps, etc.). The problem is that's an old version of the game, so do you think 1C can take the right of the collector edition (which was Ubisoft) and re-release one with the latest game version?

Thank you

1lokos
Jan-27-2017, 14:56
First, I don't have the game yet... I was thinking to get it, but since the announcement, I don't know what to do.

I was looking at the collector edition (around $10 for physical game, book, maps, etc.). The problem is that's an old version of the game, so do you think 1C can take the right of the collector edition (which was Ubisoft) and re-release one with the latest game version?

If you buy this Collector Edition DVD the only thing that you need use in STEAM is the serial key, can leave the package sealed.