PDA

View Full Version : Maybe now we could dream a little bit more

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-21-2016, 12:39
Please? For Tobruk? For Christmas sake? :)

http://www.warintheskies.com/images/3view/cutaway/fw190cutaway.jpg

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-21-2016, 15:08
Please? For Tobruk? For Christmas sake? :)

http://www.warintheskies.com/images/3view/cutaway/fw190cutaway.jpg

Thanks for all your support Lolsav... much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately we cannot commit to producing the Focke-Wulf 190A for TF 5.0... but if that release is a success, then the 'Butcher Bird' will be the #1 priority for TF's next release.

Pareto
Dec-21-2016, 16:58
What about the Ju88 C2 fighter bomber which got dropped from TF5.0 at the 11th hour? Is there still hope for it to be reinstated?

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-21-2016, 20:06
You know Buzz, dreaming is free :)

Im still ecstatic with all those recent news. They are sooooo sweet that despite all the information i gathered all these years, knowing how hard a task of building the FW from scratch would be, even so, i went over the top reaching for the moon.

I know its impossible. But its Christmas and i feel like a little kid again :)

69th_Zeb
Dec-23-2016, 20:33
Hi all,
My take is that a lot of time originally allotted for new content will need to be spent learning a new engine/DX11, reorganizing, and transitioning carefully under 1C and Ubisoft. I figure the NDA's won't be all that loose either.

I love the game right now and hope people's support won't wane because of some of the perceived delays or an inherent dislike for big companies.

~S~!

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-11-2017, 15:58
Hi all,
My take is that a lot of time originally allotted for new content will need to be spent learning a new engine/DX11, reorganizing, and transitioning carefully under 1C and Ubisoft. I figure the NDA's won't be all that loose either.

I love the game right now and hope people's support won't wane because of some of the perceived delays or an inherent dislike for big companies.

~S~!

Everything you said is spot on except for the Ubisoft thing. They have no longer have anything to do with regards to Cliffs of Dover at all.

BOO
Jan-11-2017, 16:04
Everything you said is spot on except for the Ubisoft thing. They have no longer have anything to do with regards to Cliffs of Dover at all.

Damn! i finally get a PC able to run that splash screen without a stutter and now its history!

ATAG_((dB))
Jan-12-2017, 00:55
Damn! i finally get a PC able to run that splash screen without a stutter and now its history!

lol Cute little plane you have there on your sig Boo. What model is that? Do they also make one for the man :getaway:

BOO
Jan-12-2017, 03:48
Oh you a Funny Guy, ya are, ya are, ya are!! :-)

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-19-2017, 13:05
From time to time I like to sit back and think of all the things I would like to see in this game. I love this game and feel like it has always had the most potential of all the games out there, especially at the time of its release. The Damage models.. Although sometimes buggy are still amazing..And I feel can be built upon and made even better. I think the possibilities are endless. The flight models feel amazing to me( I'm not a real pilot) just play one on my computer. The biggest thing that has always bothered me about this great game..Is the lack of " life' and " movement" in the game. Airfields feel lifeless ..I want to see vehicles moving around..I want to see people walking around. I want to see colums rolling off to transfer troops or fuel colums headed to nearby airfields to refuel them. We all know that the road splines are broken..And that's the reason we don't see alot of that stuff...But what about animated crew members walking around and doing stuff? I feel this game deep down needs this sort of thing..And is it even possible? Can annimated people be added into the game? And if so..Do we have anybody that can do annimated? Like Lolsav said dreaming is free..Will eventually getting the source code help with any of this and if someone wanted to step up with the skills, is it something you guys are considering? Never know unless you ask right? Dare to dream? I think so ... :)

Cheer
Ribbs

I feel this might be even more important with the upcoming theater as the desert environment is going to be even more baron..And empty feeling. I'm not bashing it by any means..I think it's going to be awesome! But that's alot of sand..Haha. I see alot of ground strafing and JABO missions..Would be great to see people running for their virtual lives. :recon:

TWC_Fatal_Error
Jan-19-2017, 22:10
The last few years have been amazing and you guys have done so very much and I appreciate this effort.I have been working on getting our server up as a campaign server and have convoys on roads that move and shoot and burn and blow up so as for life on the server it is possible.Currently we have 148 axis vehicles,and trains on every track, roaming all the highways and rails taking as much as 3 hours to reach a destination. They may move jerky and not so smooth as would be normal but they will scatter when attacked the shuffle down the road again in a few minutes when they think the coast is clear. Keep up the work boys this is going to be fantastic even more so than it is now. Dreaming of crowded skies. Fatal

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-20-2017, 00:13
The last few years have been amazing and you guys have done so very much and I appreciate this effort.I have been working on getting our server up as a campaign server and have convoys on roads that move and shoot and burn and blow up so as for life on the server it is possible.Currently we have 148 axis vehicles,and trains on every track, roaming all the highways and rails taking as much as 3 hours to reach a destination. They may move jerky and not so smooth as would be normal but they will scatter when attacked the shuffle down the road again in a few minutes when they think the coast is clear. Keep up the work boys this is going to be fantastic even more so than it is now. Dreaming of crowded skies. Fatal
Fatal! That's awesome! To me that seems more realistic than them just blindly continuing down the road anyways. I would like to see more of this in mission building. Keep up the great work.

Im still intrigued about the crew animation possibilities. Hopefully someone can shed some light. S!

Cheers
Ribbs

ATAG_((dB))
Jan-20-2017, 07:57

I remember vehicles circulating at the airport on your server too. Nice touch Fatal :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-20-2017, 10:53
I want to see the Ambulance and firetruck come scrambling to my side when I crash land. Hey if they crash oh well..( accidents happen) It would still be fun! GIVE US LIFE! Haha I want little guys fleeing strafffed vehicles! How cool.would that be! Just low Polly humans that disappear fairly quickly. The vehicles moving around the airfields is great..Love seeing things moving. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Ribbs

Brennus54
Jan-21-2017, 06:50
i disagree lolsav, Cliffs of Dover is a early war Sim, there is so much to do before think to those kind of spaceship,

There is plenty of planes which are already in the source code but are not flyable or even present in the game.
--> Avro Anson, Me 108, He 59, Walrus, dornier 17, gladiator, cr42... and i forgot the others. (+ GROUND VEHICLES OMG)

A dewoitine 520 is also being developped by TF, this open the way for a campaign of france battles. This theater is not represented by any Sim (except maybe il2 1946 mods), this can be an opportunity for TF. Indeed, to include this theater in the game, a great part of the work is already done.

In my mind, the Cliffs of Dover and TF way is to develop early war theaters. If they go to develop the same planes which are already present in others sims, it could be a mistake.

See you in the air.

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-21-2017, 08:13
I hope you'll understand this opinion Lolsav :)

See you in the air.

Of course i do. But althoug all you said is true and important to the game, the step foward to get a 190 is a milestone. I am aware that many old il2 1946 players prefer other games to Cliffs just because they cant fly a 190. And im not talking about 10 or 20, i mean a whole bunch. The 190 its not just a plane. Its not a strastopheric plane either, but it allows a whole new set of manouvers that the 109 cant. Its a pure boom and zoomer and it has a amazing roll rate. Its just a sheer speed plane. These guys who fly the 190 they dont care about Dewoitne or any contemporany plane like that. They want the 190. Thats all what they dream to have. And we are talking about Tobruk, where it makes sense to have a 190.

For instance the Martlet:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17987&d=1434989682

It gives the F4 lovers/Pacific fighters something to play with. The A3 would give those guys something also. Like i said before, its a milestone. It keeps the game alive and gives a reason for people to try it again. Once they discover what TF has done, they are hook :)

1lokos
Jan-21-2017, 09:27
Fw-190? O no! whaa

Will start all that endless post about "the bar", "FM is porket, Fw 190 is a "win the war Uber plane", "superior to all Allieds can brings to the air", "I can't make 10 kill per flight like "Hartmans", the plane is borked", etc. etc. :-P

DerDa
Jan-21-2017, 11:22
Actually, I think I would enourmously enjoy exactly these posts, 1lokos :)

The 190 might be the only thing that could lure me over to the blue side from time to time.
But I also have to agree with Brennus: the Battle of France, with Dewoitines, Moranes, Hawks and all would be just great.
And as far as I understood the TF(S) posts, well, it is okay to dream of all of this! Western Europe and North Africa from 39 to 45. That is truly a lot to dream about!

And if we are nice and patient and well behaved and keep on supporting TFS, then those dreams might come true.

S!

DerDa

(Still I am hiding away a little tear about my beloved Ki-43 in Team Fusion quality, but ... oh well)

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-21-2017, 12:02
This is a "Dare to dream thread"..Let's try and keep it that way. :)

Cheers
Ribbs

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-21-2017, 12:51
And if we are nice and patient and well behaved and keep on supporting TFS, then those dreams might come true.

S!

DerDa

Yep !!

and... if they don't i will be in my hurricane...
fitting a new flux capacitor.

I love this sim ! It's brilliant !

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Jan-27-2017, 18:21
Thanks for all your support Lolsav... much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately we cannot commit to producing the Focke-Wulf 190A for TF 5.0... but if that release is a success, then the 'Butcher Bird' will be the #1 priority for TF's next release.

Do you guys think you will be able to simulate the armoured glass refracting the image around the window frame and cowling? You're not supposed to see the window frame apparently.

ATAG_Flare
Jan-27-2017, 22:50
Oh no.

I can see "The Gunsight Bar" forum threads already!

Gromit
Jan-29-2017, 05:39
Anyone considered what aircraft you would need to balance the FW190 with, the only real candidate is the Typhoon?