PDA

View Full Version : Operation Fire Storm

=vit_unit=
Nov-06-2012, 03:03
Hello, ATAG friends!

Our indefatigable virpils from Sukhoi forum are planning another big-scale operation with code-name "Fire Storm".
We have three air groups (shock, assault and cover) which consist of Ju-87, bf-110, bf-109 planes. Groups are almost formed of 27+ pilots.
The date of the mission is as usual on Saturday 10th of November, 21:00 MSK (+4 GMT).
The question is that we don't know where exactly the mission will be set up.
Possibly it will be on your server.
So we need your help. And waiting for your active participation.
You will be informed with any changes.

:salute:

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-06-2012, 04:24
Vit!

Salute.

I think it's time that the English speaking CLoD community responded with a coordinated, and practiced defence.

What say you, my friends?
Can we arrange a practice session?

=vit_unit=
Nov-06-2012, 05:01
Vit!

Salute.

I think it's time that the English speaking CLoD community responded with a coordinated, and practiced defence.

What say you, my friends?
Can we arrange a practice session?

Some of red pilots organised operation "Extinguisher" against "Fire Storm":)
They plan the briefing and practice session on the 7th of November at 21:00 MSK (+4 GMT).
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=77695&page=2

Also it will have the point if you gather at least a group (flight) of 4 planes for each side. It is because of that will be difficult to communicate for one englishspeaking person. There will be a separate channel in TS for englishspeaking with a leader of the flight. Leader uses "whisper" option of TS for coordination with other flights of red/blue group.

So Shammy is in red team. As he speaks English very well you should contact with him for an information. I am on the blue side:D

ATAG_Colander
Nov-06-2012, 10:40
Vit,

How many pilots will be flying bombers? I'm thinking it would be interesting to set London as the target for this mission.

Colander.

=vit_unit=
Nov-06-2012, 11:31
Vit,

How many pilots will be flying bombers? I'm thinking it would be interesting to set London as the target for this mission.

Colander.

Colander,

I'm agree with you that London mission would be interesting. For now we have 15 Ju-87, 4 bf-110, two flights of bf-109 (8 planes).

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-06-2012, 11:49
I'll make sure I have FRAPS loaded up for this one! :thumbsup:

=vit_unit=
Nov-06-2012, 12:19
Colander.
We are interested in setting of this operation on your server but as I said above we do not know exactly where it will be. In my own opinion your server is the best :) Waiting for precise information about server of action on the 8th of November.
But there is a little condition!
If it's possible, could you please add bombers (ju-87, bf-110) on the such distant field as Wilmington (grid F3) on the Day of action only? There are Italian planes now.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-06-2012, 12:55
Vit,

What I'm thinking (not sure if I'll have the time to do it by then) is creating a mission like this:

1.- No AI.

2.- Several bases around the whole map for the bombers to take of from. This way you can pick and choose one or more and avoid attacks on the bases while forming up the bombers.

3.- A Random target on London. To be notified only to the Blue side.
Maybe a menu item to trigger the start of the mission. This way once the bombers are ready, the mission target can be created. We could do this so only a specific person or persons can do it.

The idea is to have the bombers to take an unknown route to an unknown target in London so the defending side will have to be on the lookout and hopefully coordinate the defense.

Bliss,

Do you think something like this is doable or will we hit a brick wall on something due to the limitations of the game?

Colander.

=vit_unit=
Nov-06-2012, 14:18
Vit,

What I'm thinking (not sure if I'll have the time to do it by then) is creating a mission like this:

1.- No AI.

2.- Several bases around the whole map for the bombers to take of from. This way you can pick and choose one or more and avoid attacks on the bases while forming up the bombers.

3.- A Random target on London. To be notified only to the Blue side.
Maybe a menu item to trigger the start of the mission. This way once the bombers are ready, the mission target can be created. We could do this so only a specific person or persons can do it.

The idea is to have the bombers to take an unknown route to an unknown target in London so the defending side will have to be on the lookout and hopefully coordinate the defense.

Bliss,

Do you think something like this is doable or will we hit a brick wall on something due to the limitations of the game?

Colander.
It sounds good but I think it is complex for strategic planning of the operation. We should be flexible in planing, navigation and orientation over England. I need to ask advice of my colleges.
How much time do you need to create the mission like this?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-06-2012, 14:28
Creating it is not the hard part. The time consuming is the testing, fixing, testing, correcting, tuning :D
Maybe is a better idea to forget about this new mission idea for this event.

=vit_unit=
Nov-06-2012, 14:47
Creating it is not the hard part. The time consuming is the testing, fixing, testing, correcting, tuning :D
Maybe is a better idea to forget about this new mission idea for this event.

So what about several bases in the current mission?:coolio:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-06-2012, 15:08
easy enough