PDA

View Full Version : What if WE, the Community could help?

J2_la00ecrivain
Dec-26-2016, 04:53
First of all I would like to thank Team Fusion,( soon to be Team Fusion Simulations)! Congratulations!!! :woohoo: for all the dedicated work over the years! It was such a joy for me to read what I have read today on the second day of Christmas - TF has signed the “Agreement in Principle” with 1C! What wonderful news for all the flight sims enthusiasts around the world!
Couldn’t think of a better Christmas present :salute: Thank you Team Fusion and thank you 1C! You guys are awesome!

I am a new pilot in Cliffs of Dover, coming from Rise of Flight being my first flying experience, but when I was still playing RoF I was always keeping my eye on the ATAG Forums and the Development of TF patches, and searching for a ww2 flying simulations, recently I decided to give a try to Cliffs because of all the good things I have heard and seen being done. And boy, I am happy with my decision! :)
Anyway, keeping updated with Team Fusion news updates, I read at the beginning of December, that someone mentioned: “My finger is hovering over "donation" for a sizable payment when 6.0 is released! If I continue to support BoS,BoM,Bo - whatever I can do at least the same for this terrific crew!”

Back then I thought, well why not support TF now?! Why would we have to wait till TF 6.0? And now with this news coming in, I couldn’t think of better opportunity for us as a community coming together and showing support and appreciation for all the things, all the updates, all the bug fixes, all optimizations, new models of planes that TF will bring, new maps, countless hours of figuring things out and development…

Mysticpuma said “Remember though... no money up front... the work has to be completed and published... and we only will see revenues if there are successful sales …”
I see how TF plans to go forward with financing the project, based on sales after the 5.0 is released, but being an online contractor myself, and even tough I am sure lots of people have passion for CLOD and skills that are needed ( 3D modelling, coding, etc..) and they would love to contribute; real life gets in the way, there is your job to be done and bills to be paid, etc… One solution to this problem would be to contract knowledgeable people in those fields that TF needs i.e. 3D modelling, coding etc… and to pay them “upfront” with money funded through donations - we as a community could DONATE!

Full time contractors. I would be ready to donate now for contracting those people and then when TF 5.0 is released I would continue to show support by buying it and financing further development ( FW A-3 anyone? :-)) that way. I am sure many of you feel the same.

I see no better opportunity then now to show our support and how much we truly appreciate what those guys did for Cliffs of Dover free of charge, in their spare time, because of their passion that fuelled them. Let´s help to keep the dream alive with our humble contributions that will add up towards a quicker release of TF 5.0 now that source code will be available, so we all see a new wonderful chapter opened and a great future for the sim we all love so much!
This is just a humble idea…. What do you guys think of it?

S!

DRock
Dec-26-2016, 08:16
Donating to ATAG would be a good start, since ATAG supports Team Fusion.

Unless things have changed since I was in ATAG, it costs about $20CAN/day to keep everything running, and Bliss covers the missing funds.

Luckily, this community has people like this, otherwise TF may not have existed in the first place.

~S~

1lokos
Dec-26-2016, 08:48
0,02$ Well, for now what the community should down is:

- Sit down and await, keeping their Fw 190's and and "Shangri_La" maps wish list in the drawer.

More than planes and maps the game need fixes, these "small" things like radio COMM, AI behavior, GUI misleadings, that CAVU weather... that MP player's don't bother but is important for SP, newcomers and "naysayers".

Meanwhile can play CLoD, BoS/BoM... DCS Spit IX - until their "two weeks" of novelty ends. :D

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-26-2016, 10:24
Hello Fellas

Right now the financial plans are being worked out.

And we cannot accept donations or pledges towards particular goals.

Can't say any more, hoping the community has patience.

What we need right now more than finances are skilled 3D artists to take the load off some of our existing guys.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-26-2016, 10:26
More than planes and maps the game need fixes, these "small" things like radio COMM, AI behavior, GUI misleadings, that CAVU weather... that MP player's don't bother but is important for SP, newcomers and "naysayers".

Unfortunately those 'small' things you mention require a lot of work and are extremely demanding changes. Once the agreement is finalized and we have the Source Code, then we will be able to start.

J2_la00ecrivain
Dec-26-2016, 10:55
Hello Fellas

Right now the financial plans are being worked out.

And we cannot accept donations or pledges towards particular goals.

Can't say any more, hoping the community has patience.

What we need right now more than finances are skilled 3D artists to take the load off some of our existing guys.

Thanks Buzzsaw for clearing that out... Its unfortunate that you guys can't accept donations, but as mentioned we can always donate for ATAG server maintenance. Anyway it was just an idea and once again congratulations for partnering with 1C! Great news! :woohoo:

FS~Fenice_1965
Jan-07-2017, 16:47
A pre release sell would solve the problem of financing the project earlier. I think this is up to 1c anyway.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

SoW Reddog
Jan-08-2017, 07:47
What is there to finance? This isn't a commercial operation. There's no overheads, no salaries, no taxes. It's a bunch of people doing stuff in their own free time, exactly the same as it was before the announcement.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-10-2017, 07:42
What is there to finance? This isn't a commercial operation. There's no overheads, no salaries, no taxes. It's a bunch of people doing stuff in their own free time, exactly the same as it was before the announcement.

It's not free by any stretch of the imagination. Bandwidth costs a lot of money. For example, the month the latest TF patch was released, our Amazon AWS bill was just a tad over $800 in the sheer amount of terabytes transferred in downloads. Normally this is around $200 month alone, just in bandwidth. It's also one of the reasons steam takes over 50% of the money on a sale of a product for themselves (to cover bandwidth expenses + make profit).

We have even off loaded some of the load on to our main server since we pay for a 10gbps connection. And with some of this off loaded, it's not uncommon for server 1 to be streaming over 60+mbps in uploads every second of the day just in TF downloads. That all adds up pretty fast, and also costs a lot of money.

Any donations are greatly appreciated to pay for the "costs" associated with TF.

SoW Reddog
Jan-10-2017, 14:32
Good job all future patches will be released via steam at no cost to Atag then.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-10-2017, 14:44
Good job all future patches will be released via steam at no cost to Atag then.:thumbsup:

Contributions are voluntary.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-10-2017, 14:55

Your point and/or intentions for this post being?

SoW Reddog
Jan-10-2017, 15:11
Did I get it wrong? New patches won't be distributed by steam? :recon:

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-10-2017, 15:45

Good job indeed. Glad we could help keep the sim alive.

In the future, the official patches will be released on steam. But the current state, and the years that have led up to 1C/TFS agreement, were not free as you tried to claim as fact. On average, costs come out to well over $300 monthly just in support of TF alone.

SoW Reddog
Jan-10-2017, 16:01
I didn't intend to claim (or think I had) any such thing, I was simply referring to the future, which appeared to be what the OP was talking about. My apologies if it appeared otherwise. I am glad that ATAG will no longer need to bear the burden of costs related to TF.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-10-2017, 16:12
I didn't intend to claim (or think I had) any such thing, I was simply referring to the future, which appeared to be what the OP was talking about. My apologies if it appeared otherwise. I am glad that ATAG will no longer need to bear the burden of costs related to TF.

Let me help you out:

Reading what you wrote, you claimed there was no costs involved in TF.. If you wanted to refer to the future, maybe you should've mentioned that in the 1st place. Because TF does indeed cost lots of money to operate presently and in the future for quite a long time to come.

Hopefully this clears up your confusion.

SoW Reddog
Jan-10-2017, 16:37
I don't understand exactly why you are pushing this, I have already apologised for any misunderstanding that has occurred.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-10-2017, 16:43
I don't understand exactly why you are pushing this, I have already apologised for any misunderstanding that has occurred.

I think my post was pretty clear. Maybe read it again? Here it is if you would like to take another gander: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23980&p=252339&viewfull=1#post252339

dix
Jan-11-2017, 07:53
oh i thought that the mod distribution was something atag was doing for the community, not part of "TF operations"

i can see why there's been a big confusion about it, but honestly i thought it was clear that fenice's post was meant for financing the project from this point onwards :recon:

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-11-2017, 10:31
oh i thought that the mod distribution was something atag was doing for the community, not part of "TF operations"

What exactly do you think ATAG was doing it for? The download links are public. It's obviously for everyone/community. I really don't understand what you are trying to say.

i can see why there's been a big confusion about it, but honestly i thought it was clear that fenice's post was meant for financing the project from this point onwards :recon:

And as previously stated, up until the point that the download links can be removed, (IE - Steam takes the hit and an official patch is released) there will be plenty of bandwidth costs here as there have been for years in support of TF. So financing the project from this point onwards is costing around the same money it has for years, with the exception of really high traffic when patches have been released in the past.

I don't understand why it's so confusing at all. When TF started, it was formed in the private ATAG forums. Then we reached out and started recruiting people. A name was developed for the group. And now we have what we have today, a nice path forward on developing the product. This is all public knowledge.

Can you please explain what confusion you have?

dix
Jan-11-2017, 14:06
What have I done to get you so much on the defensive?

I just said that I thought the hosting of the mod was a service atag was providing to all of us for the sake of the community, indipendently from TF and any of its operations. Having read multiple times from multiple tf members that the two things are completely separated.
Much like sometimes when there's a modding community, you can find multiple sites each with their own links to the same mods, and that have no correlation with the development team.

Fact is i thought TF "operations" were just limited to development, and mysticpuma's PR.
One could argue that if distrubution of the mod wasn't in their plans...what are they working for?
But for all this months that i've been playing clod and being part of atag's forum and flying community, I've never seen that as anything else than part of atag's operation to be one of the best community in flight sims.
Now I know more about it, and i'm glad, i always like to learn new stuff about things i care about

I hope that my bad english made clear where my confusion lied

ATAG_Colander
Jan-11-2017, 14:18
Confusion is understandable from newer members of the community but not from those that have been around since TF started (even before it had the TF name).

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-11-2017, 14:20
dix, other communities are very welcome to mirror the TF patches at their cost. ATAG bears the cost of distribution of the TF patches as a service to the community, which is why we are extremely grateful for any donations that are made. The donations also cover the costs of the ATAG operation itself, which is separate from Team Fusion Simulations. Any shortfall is covered out of Bliss' pocket.

I'm shaking my head as an ATAG member and ATAG admin at your confusion. Because I am not a Team Fusion member, I have no say whatsoever in their operation or decision-making, nor do I have any knowledge of what they discuss/communicate/etc. The same applies for the vast majority of my fellow ATAG members other than the very few that also happen to be on Team Fusion Simulations as well. In other words, ATAG and Team Fusion Simulations are completely separate entities. What can be plainer than that?

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-11-2017, 15:21
What have I done to get you so much on the defensive?

I just said that I thought the hosting of the mod was a service atag was providing to all of us for the sake of the community, indipendently from TF and any of its operations. Having read multiple times from multiple tf members that the two things are completely separated.
Much like sometimes when there's a modding community, you can find multiple sites each with their own links to the same mods, and that have no correlation with the development team.

Fact is i thought TF "operations" were just limited to development, and mysticpuma's PR.
One could argue that if distrubution of the mod wasn't in their plans...what are they working for?
But for all this months that i've been playing clod and being part of atag's forum and flying community, I've never seen that as anything else than part of atag's operation to be one of the best community in flight sims.
Now I know more about it, and i'm glad, i always like to learn new stuff about things i care about

I hope that my bad english made clear where my confusion lied

1st off, where was I being defensive? I prefer to deal with facts and avoid sugar coating. So I tell it like it is, always. I would much rather deal with facts. We already have enough conspiracy theorists, false accusations etc., floating around as it is.

And there was never any TF "operations". When the sim was officially cancelled, I knew of one person that had the skills to make a difference and could start fixing the game. He happened to be an ATAG member. So I made a thread on the private ATAG forums, suggesting we give a whack at fixing the sim and creating a mod group.., gathering everyone's ideas/thoughts. Finally everyone in ATAG agreed.

At that point we started asking publicly for help in certain areas of the game and for people that had the skills to apply. From there, 5 patches were compiled into what we have today, a name for the modding group (TF) was voted on, and here we are today.

What I don't really understand is why so many people seemed to care or worry about the fact ATAG or TF is in the same sentence. I mean, we should be caring about fixing the game instead lol. ATAG is simply a community of people. The same person that started ATAG started TF. I see comments saying "I can't wait for TF to finally get a new website" or "TF needs to move from ATAG".., but at the end of the day, it's not like the personnel is changing. Maybe people just want a different website to look at?? I'm kinda at a loss there really.

TF and ATAG are most definitely separate, and it should be pretty clear of that. But I'm also not going to go out and spend more of my own money buying another website, hosting fees, forcing everyone to re-make accounts again just to have the same admins etc., on both and double the work, all the while we are all just a bunch of flight sim enthusiasts working on our free time for the betterment of everyone else in the community. It would be one thing if the forum was some fly by night deal, but this is a pretty stout vbulletin commercial setup.

Now that there is a potential for a commercial deal on the table, a new website may very well be possibility. But to do it as a freelance modding group or all the confusion over it, it's kinda baffling to me.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-11-2017, 17:55
The only thing the Community really needs to know.... ;)

Everyone in TF joined for one reason... to make IL-2 CLIFFS OF DOVER the best simulation (series) it can be. ;;)

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-11-2017, 19:34
I'm gonna give that a full on HELL YEAH !!!!

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-28-2017, 01:30
First of all I want that is very clear that I do not want to offend no one with my comment below nor my intentions is to say something that can possibly hurt the sensibility of someone.
I have full respect of the opinion of everyone, also if different from mine, always, at least until the discussion is kept educated and constructive.

If I can give my 2 cents about this argument, keeping the things as much brief as possible, I think that the main " problems and complains " are not, in a certain way, directly related to the ATAG guys nor to the TeamFusion members...they are simply, in my opinion, the most easy " scapegoats " or " easy targets ", if you prefer, of the " Community attention " due to the fact that they have been the ones that have tried to do something of solid to change the state of a game that was totally crap once released ( TF ) and to provide an easy to find meeting point for the online community as first ones ( ATAG ).
This means that now that the years are passed the " online community " consider them both as a sort of " responsibles " of the good and the bad that the game has to offer\propose and that's why the online community, 99% of the times, tend to point the finger against\pro them, I presume.
Personally said I think that associating together the actions of the TF Team and of the ATAG members on the same plane, or as correlated together, is a great folishness...it's like saying that because I frequent a pub I am necessarily an alcoholist!

I think, if I can be frank, that the actual " feeling of being unwell " of the IL2 online community is more related to the following things more than against this or that person\s, this or that group ( note that below I will use the " we " in its general sense ).
Please note that my comments below are not to be intended at all as harsh or offensive, I hope instead that they could be possibly of help or of reference to the TF ( or TFS ) Team to possibly suit better the community needs and expectations and rendering, at the same time, their work more easy and more " effective ".

- " We " are very " tired " of seeing games considered as " arcade " or not of particular interest for " us " continuously updated or under constant development while, instead, this game, that we like and love so much, for a motive or the other, for luck or misfortune, it is ages that is not updated at all ( and as you know speaking in " internet times " 2-3 years without any new patches released can be compared to aeons in real time )

- Out of any doubt in the past and until now the TF Team have done an extraordinary work ( and I'm sure it will be so in the future too ) but now the community wants to see something of solid and tangible released, possibly in short times.
We have read for years articles about the modifications on which you are\were working, watched videos about the TF updates, participated to bug reports, etc...everything very interesting and useful to keep the interest high around this project but now " we " are a bit discouraged to see just " ephemeral smoke "...to let you understand what I mean...we want to put the hand on the stick and entering the cockpit for real and not only having the chance of watching the aircraft from the outside!

- Linked to what said above there is in the community the strong and diffuse " feeling " lurking around that also this time we will speak and hope a lot but at the end " we " will not see, again, nothing that we can " touch " for real

- The lack of detailed information from your side ( I intend TF\TFS here ) about what will happen in the next months with precision let the community thinking, very often, the worst possible things ( and in my opinion that's the main cause that generates most of the " antagonists horde " against to the success of the TF project and aims ).
Just to render the idea here, as reference and to make some examples, some unanswered questions that I've heard running around frequently in the community:

- What is the expected date to see something really new released? ( and here most of the persons I've heard thinks and say " Never! " or at least there are a lot of banters running around about this argument )

- Considering that the original game is around 10 euros price actually what will be the expected price of the new future releases\expansions?

- In the past 1C/777/ have always refused to provide the source code ( also to Oleg )...why now all of a sudden they changed idea? What are the real motives of their decision? ( Do they have seen the " light " from above and they received the holy illumination and they are become good Samaritans? Is there some kind of hidden business maneuvers behind their decision about which " we " ( intended as community ) should be very careful? )

There are probably 10000 other stories and questions that are running around and in the background but I think that these are the main ones that are actually " worrying " the online IL2 CloD community.

As I've said I really hope that the TF\TFS project will succeed and, as I've done many times, I can wish you only the best and I wish you to be able to achieve all the stuffs you have planned...but, if possible, provide us some more clear information about what's going on and about what we have to expect in the next months...this will probably solve and will " turn-off ", hopefully, most of the doubts and " fears " that the online community actually seems to have.

Whatever will be your decisions and actions really thanks for all your passion and dedication to let become a whispered dream a splendid and amazing reality!

My best regards to all of you! :salute:

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-28-2017, 08:25
...and I add also a personal note that it's a long time that I would like to say but that I've never wrote until now ( note that I've posted the same comment also on the SoW forums really hoping with sincerity that you will be able to smooth out this situation as adult, clever and responsible persons, as I'm more than sure that both you are! )

I think that between Reddog and TF the relations will be hardly easy due to past events , misunderstanding and different points of view.
Also when one of the part is in good faith the other one see always a possible menace or threat behind the words and comment of the other.
I do not want to comment about the motives that have brought them to the actual situation between them because I was not present at that time and I think that both the " contenders " are the only ones that really knows what has been done or not in the past.
What I can say for sure, instead, is that both TF and Reddog ( and also persons like Herr Dietrich ) have demonstrated many times of be capable of bringing huge improvements, with their skills and capabilities and commitment, to the community so it's a real pity that these " groups " are not working and collaborating together in the same team as it should be and that they are, instead, separated by what, at the end, seems, a little bit, seen from the outside, trivial reasons.
I do not know if this will be ever possible due to the current situation between them but I really hope that, one day, they will be able both to solve their problems against the other and that they will be able to bury the hatchet because until these two " groups " will remain separated certainly the community and the game will have something very important missing.
We can count, probably, the persons capable of bring decisive improvements to the game on the fingers of a hand so to see them litigate continuously ( and I do not care who of the two is wright or wrong ) and be separated it's something certainly that is not good for the community.
Sorry to say, that making these kind of " wars " inside, at what is at the end a small community, it's something that I consider very deleterious for all.
As I've said above if the real interest of both sides is really the " how the game could be improved " should be the right time, finally, to solve and discuss once and for all the existing problems between them in a civil way and put away whatever could be happened of wrong in the past and starting, finally, to collaborate together instead of losing precious time and efforts in a " war of the poor's " that will have the only result of let to miss something very important to us all.
I'm strongly convinced that to become a more solid community we have to try to do our best to collaborate ALL TOGETHER as much as possible and stopping, as fast as we can, these kind of behaviours.
We have to strive for unity, not for useless separations between us!

Is it really so hard forgetting the past and shaking hands? Come 'n guys let's make a small effort to achieve this...for the benefit of all here! ;)

*Note: with my comment above I do not intent to offend in any way, now or never, any of the persons or groups involved in this situation. This is simply what I sincerely think and what I think should be done for the whole benefit of the community. I can be right, I can be wrong or maybe I can be seen as a damned " dreamer " but what I would like to see in the future is the community more united in respect to now and see persons with very high levels of skills collaborating together and not making stupid and useless " wars " between them!!!

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-28-2017, 10:23
Thanks for your comment Molders. I believe most of your questions will get answered, at least partially once all the paperwork has been signed and filed. MP will be showing you the road once he gets the OK. The legal aspects and creating a company is taking time but we are hammering through all the details.

Hopefully a new page will be turned soon with everyone. I personally hope SoW will return to CloD once they have recharged their batteries. Everyone needs a break, especially those who put in a lot of work on forums/development/servers/ so on. I wish them luck on their new projects and hope it brings them back to CloD with fresh eyes and ideas for SoW.

The answers you seek should be answered soon.

:thumbsup:

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-28-2017, 10:54
I trully believe you are well intended Molders, hence the only thing i can say is to get a bit of more patient, like i personnaly going to have. We, the ones who love the game, are eager to get more things, more content, more evrything. But you see, we also depend on external factors, starting by TF (TFS) itself, with their own terrific efforts. Theres some members who belong to ATAG who havent seen fly for at least 2 years. And they log in to the forum evryday. They are working on the background tirelessly. We own a big thank you to them, since they sacrífice their time and efforts for our beneffict. All we have to do is wait. Its hard, i know, like little kids waiting for their birthday, but thats how it is. And i miss flying along with them. Good fellas, good companions who make the experience of online flying more enjoyable.

As for the comment below

- In the past 1C/777/ have always refused to provide the source code ( also to Oleg )...why now all of a sudden they changed idea? What are the real motives of their decision? ( Do they have seen the " light " from above and they received the holy illumination and they are become good Samaritans? Is there some kind of hidden business maneuvers behind their decision about which " we " ( intended as community ) should be very careful? )

I really dont understand the point. If TFS gets the code, finally, great, horrido, jolly good show. Thats what we have to focus on. Theories of evilness in the intents are counter productive. They dont help nothing at all. If someone feels mislead in time, can chose. To get, or not, the offerings that will show up (and like you i have no idea what the future will bring).

S!

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-28-2017, 11:01
Thanks for your kind and quick reply 69th_Spiritus_Mortem, it has been very much appreciated! :thumbsup:
I really hope that soon everything will go for the better way possible! Finger crossed and, again, thanks to whole TF\TFS Team and to the ones that put their continuous efforts to try to improve the game, its environment and this very nice community!

I know that we could seems a band of ball breakers sometimes but it's only because we love so much this marvellous game! :)

Salute! :salute:

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-28-2017, 11:29
I was always taught; 'Patience is a virtue'.

An interpretation of this is; THE ABILITY TO WAIT FOR SOMETHING WITHOUT GETTING ANGRY OR UPSET IS A VALUABLE QUALITY IN A PERSON.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that should be respected. I have only been here for about twelve months not a number of years like many others. However, let us please give TFS a chance to get the new situation sorted and then see what transpires. At the end of the day getting all uptight will not change anything.

I and others have said this before if Team Fusion had not got together in the first place none of us would even know what CloD was let alone be trying to tell them what or what not to do!

Be grateful for what you have now and perhaps if they get the chance TFS will surprise us all. :thumbsup:

~S~ :salute:

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-28-2017, 11:50
I really dont understand the point. If TFS gets the code, finally, great, horrido, jolly good show. Thats what we have to focus on. Theories of evilness in the intents are counter productive. They dont help nothing at all. If someone feels mislead in time, can chose. To get, or not, the offerings that will show up (and like you i have no idea what the future will bring).

S!

Wait, wait this was not what I was intending, mate! :)

I'll try to explain myself better...if the TF will get the source code, independently in which way they will get it, it will be certainly a very good news and achievement, finally and possibly, permitting our " beloved engineers " to fix most of the bugs yet present in the game in a more quick way ( and hopefully without being forced to spend lot of time in trying to fix them ).
The fact that TF could have the source code available is not under doubt or not in question, this can only be seen as an extremely good point in my opinion.
That TF is doing all this to offer to us something better is not in doubt, really.

Somehow, due to my experience in these kind of things due to the fact that often at work I have to deal with big international companies, ( or maybe it's only my exaggerated sense of prudence to give it a different name ), bring me to be naturally less confident toward big companies and, said in general, I prefer to be more diffident toward them than confident just to save, in case of troubles, the part of my back located at my 6 o'clock low. :)
Big companies makes certain steps only if they see some kind of advantages or positive returns I presume... ( at the end they are here to make moneys no? ) otherwise, most of the times, you are completely ignored by them.
What I mean is...I fully trust that TF is making all this in a very good faith and with the better intentions ( be clear I have not any doubts about this ) but on the opposite side, the dark and bad part of my mind, thinks.... are we sure that exploiting the TF good faith this is not only a very smart move by them to delay as much as possible the TF 5.0 patch release and that this not a very smart commercial maneuver to postpone and delay as much as possible in the future possible perilous TF " interference " about the development of other aircraft types or of other theatres of war that may interfere with their actual plans? ( like for example the development of the Pacific and Russian theatre just to make an example )?
As said maybe I'm too much prevented towards big companies aiming at having profits but I think it's better to keep in mind also this possible scenarios just to avoid nasty surprises...( and about this I really really hope, believe me, to be totally wrong about this! )
Please note that I do not intend these thoughts as theories of evilness in the intents...but as we say in Italy...Prevention is better than cure! ;)

Maybe my life has been too hard but I've learned that when something new approaches is always better, just to be safe, keep an hand always well placed over my six o'clock low...just in case! :):):)

To quote a famous phrase " The worst disasters are always made with the better intentions in mind! "...( I hope you get the point of what I mean, because only writing it's more hard to explain it well and precisely )

Salute! :salute:

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-28-2017, 11:53
Fair enough, no need for panic :)

Big companies makes certain steps only if they see some kind of advantage or positive return I presume... ( at the end they are here to make moneys no? )

It has been stated on the announcement that part of the future revenue will go towards the owners of the code. 1c still owns the code, they just allow TFS to work on it.

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-28-2017, 12:23
I was always taught; 'Patience is a virtue'.

An interpretation of this is; THE ABILITY TO WAIT FOR SOMETHING WITHOUT GETTING ANGRY OR UPSET IS A VALUABLE QUALITY IN A PERSON.

~S~ :salute:

At least here fortunately, I'm not angry nor upset at all! I'm fully confident that TF\TFS will succeed rendering CloD the best WW2 simulator available around and they have my full support ( and it's a pity that my knowledge about building 3D models it's like the one of a monkey otherwise I will have already volunteered to join TF and provide some help )!

I have only been here for about twelve months not a number of years like many others.

Trust me that this feeling is different if you are lurking around already by 4 years... :):):) ( I'm just joking...sorry I haven't resisted! )

My best regards! :salute:

Mysticpuma
Jan-28-2017, 13:35
I expect to post some news on the current situation in the next few days.
The sky hasn't fallen, but working out deals with international companies and individuals spread around the world is never going to be as simple as "here you go chaps, have the source code and we trust you implicitly not to lose it".

No dramas going on, paperwork being finalised, the glass is more than half full :)

Cheers, MP

JG6_BigglesCDN
Jan-28-2017, 14:15
Let's all just take a pill and relax. We who enjoy this sim remain dependent, as we have been up to now, on the goodwill, talent and dedication of a group of people who have created the software we enjoy. Donating to ATAG to host the game on its servers is well worth the cost i.m.o. As for TF members wanting to get a bit of payback for their work, who would deny them? If the product is good, I will be happy to pay. I expect I am in the majority here.

Cheers!

B

DerDa
Jan-28-2017, 15:47
My 2 cts

I can really understand your mixed feelings about big companies, Mölders, and indeed they are all about making money.
But flight sims are very small money for a big company like 1C. Still. Small money is better than no money. I remember a poll initiated by Jason here in the ATAG forums, some months ago. The question was whether CloD flyers also own BoS and BoM. The big majority of CloD pilots also bought BoS (the first one, to support the developers etc.) but not the second one.
Thus, the market (and a very small market indeed) seemed to be split. People who did not buy BoM, most probably would not by any other sequels.
Thankfully, they finally decided not to steer towards a confrontation, but to re-join the market by collaboration. Since legally CloD belongs to them it was the wisest thing they could do. Instead of having to develop the game themselves (which was never their intention) or to pay developers to expand BoS/BoM/BoK into the West or to the Med, they get 10.000s and 10.000s of work hours done by TF for free. They can earn money again for a game they thrashed 6 years ago and they own the whole market, making sure the two sims will not compete in the same theatres. This does not sound like a bad deal to me.

And that is absolutely fine with me. Still better for me (and all of us) is that TFS will get access to the source code and man, they worked wonders even without. 1C will make the marketing and set the prices. So I expect something in the range of their Bo… releases (just guessing here), including regular sales after some time.
Now here is the answer to the title of this thread: we, the community can help, by buying the stuff, once it is out.
I certainly will.