PDA

View Full Version : How does one start to skin the Do17Z He111 Ju88 Ju87as cant see any default jpg files

BOBC
Jan-01-2017, 15:14
Hi,
Itching to create my own Do17Z skins, as well as Ju87B-2, He111 and Ju88A1 and apply my accurate researched Luft colours, then make available to all, but the skins folder for the Do17Z-2 also the Do17Z-1 has no jpg default files, unlike the Me109E folder which does. I see only .mrk files for all these aircraft.

I need a starting point as currently there is nothing to start with at all.

As folk have created skins for such, there has to be a way into it.

BOBC

KeefyBoy
Jan-01-2017, 16:21
Hi,
Itching to create my own Do17Z skins, as well as Ju87B-2, He111 and Ju88A1 and apply my accurate researched Luft colours, then make available to all, but the skins folder for the Do17Z-2 also the Do17Z-1 has no jpg default files, unlike the Me109E folder which does. I see only .mrk files for all these aircraft.

I need a starting point as currently there is nothing to start with at all.

As folk have created skins for such, there has to be a way into it.

BOBC

Hi BOBC
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Buddy.
There were no Default Skin JPGs supplied in the original Game for these particular aircraft even though they appear in-game.
I managed to create my own from My own Layered Templates [which have the Lines and Rivets you requested in the previous thread].
Use these templates to create the skin you want then save it in the same folder as the .mrk files.
Should work fine but if not let me know.
Regards
Keith

Here is link to ALL My Layered Templates for Cliffs Of Dover http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=34594

BOBC
Jan-01-2017, 19:40
Hi Keefy,
you have a PM by the way.
wow yes, I must be slipping, somehow I forgot these, awesome work, days and days of work there.
How did you do the weathered layer by the way ?
Did you recreate all the rivet and panel lines from scratch or somehow select them from original skins ?

BOBC

Hi BOBC
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Buddy.
There were no Default Skin JPGs supplied in the original Game for these particular aircraft even though they appear in-game.
I managed to create my own from My own Layered Templates [which have the Lines and Rivets you requested in the previous thread].
Use these templates to create the skin you want then save it in the same folder as the .mrk files.
Should work fine but if not let me know.
Regards
Keith

Here is link to ALL My Layered Templates for Cliffs Of Dover http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=34594

KeefyBoy
Jan-01-2017, 20:11
Hi Keefy,
you have a PM by the way.
wow yes, I must be slipping, somehow I forgot these, awesome work, days and days of work there.
How did you do the weathered layer by the way ?
Did you recreate all the rivet and panel lines from scratch or somehow select them from original skins ?

BOBC
Cheers Mate.
Weathered layer and Rivet and Panel layer selected them from original skins.
BTW...the PM hasn't shown up in Notifications.
Regards
Keith :salute:

BOBC
Jan-02-2017, 19:41
Hi KeefyBoy,
resent the PM,
let me know if it arrives.

BOBC

Cheers Mate.
Weathered layer and Rivet and Panel layer selected them from original skins.
BTW...the PM hasn't shown up in Notifications.
Regards
Keith :salute:

KeefyBoy
Jan-03-2017, 13:56
Hi KeefyBoy,
resent the PM,
let me know if it arrives.

BOBC

Hi BOBC
Got it, Cheers Mate.