PDA

View Full Version : 1C need to talk to the CLOD community

Pages : [1] 2

Ivank
Nov-08-2012, 03:41
I have posted the following on 1C and SimHQ. Given that ATAG has put so much effort into keeping CLOD alive (and thank you for the effort) you guys should take an interest in this. It will be interesting to see the response ... or lack thereof.. I post here as well in case the 1C mods decide to delete the thread !

"We all know something is up inside 1C with respect to CLOD and the planned Moscow/Stalingrad sequels.... which I believe have been cancelled. I base that on hard information provided to me by trusted independent sources. These same sources also say that an "arrangement " has been made between 1C and 777 studios. Exactly what this arrangement is not clear. I say not clear because a third credible source provides a slightly different story.

Two options have been suggested. The first a new WWII Sim based on the ROF engine with unique new content. In this case all models and content from the Moscow/Stalingrad sequels will be trashed. The second suggestion is the porting of 3D models etc from the cancelled Moscow/Stalingrad sequels into the ROF engine to be part of the new 1C/777/ROF WWII Sim.

Foobs touched on all this in his Blog not so long ago. Many have lambasted Foobs scoop as garbage however it does actually closely agree with the info I have received from trusted knowledgeable sources.

So what is the TRUE situation ? the community are enjoying the current "Final" release patch of CLOD. It shows the awesome potential that CLOD has to offer. There is still work to be done however. The community anticipation is that improvements that will come with the sequels will flow through to CLOD. Of course if the sequels have been cancelled (which I believe to be the case) then what we have is it !

So 1C please tell the community what the True situation is. At present the community is in a Vacuum still awaiting that Official "sequel" announcement that was supposed to have been be made a couple of months ago."

1C Thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=478788&postcount=1

SimHQ thread:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3677783/1C_Time_to_talk_to_the_communi.html#Post3677783

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-08-2012, 05:23
Interesting development... and thanks for trying to investigate this a little bit.

I see that the slamming has begun on the 1c forum already.
I wonder if we will hear anything back.

The developers do not seem particularly keen to respond to the 1C forums any more, and 1C themselves are only the publishers aren't they?

I wonder if the best bet is to approach the ROF developers directly with this also?

Still, we really have no idea what's going on.
I suppose our best option is to simply try to make the best of CloD, and make it last, working under the assumption that we are unlikely to get any more WW2 combat flight sims for some time.

MadTommy
Nov-08-2012, 06:19
It's all a bit depressing.

Maddox Games treats their community like mushroom, 'in the dark & feed on shit'. So don't expect anything other than having your thread deleted.

Just when i felt the game was worth dedicating time & effort towards the plug might well be getting pulled.

In principle having another developer take over the series might be the best possible solution, MG certainly don't have my confidence or faith.

But its impossible to know if this is a lifeline or another nail in the coffin.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-08-2012, 07:13
Thank you for posting this here, IvanK.

In one respect I find this very disappointing news, since the MG devs under Ilya have achieved so much since its original release last year. The improvements to the Net Code alone have been impressive. Last Saturday I was in the middle of a 40+ dogfight on the deck with nary a stutter and only a slight warping now and then. A few short months ago just the presence of two or more manned multi-engined opponents would bring framerates down to a 1 fps slideshow. Even the much-lamented RAF FM's have been showing promise, in large part due to your persistence with the devs to get it right. I was secretly hoping that a small "hotfix" would finally put paid to this whole FM issue, including some badly-needed fixes to the LW counterparts.

Ultimately, we had all hoped that the sequel would not only present a whole new theatre of war, but retroactively fix other outstanding issues with CoD as well. In view of all the apparent troubles MG has experienced with staff changes, recoding, etc, perhaps a "relationship/partnership/take over - or whatever" was inevitable. Certainly when negotiations are in effect it's too delicate a time to publicly discuss what is actually transpiring.....at least until contracts are signed and the deed is done. All of us hope for the most positive outcome possible for both the game and the MG people involved. The uncertainty and frustration for us players has not been fun, but I can't imagine the havoc it has played on the actual MG employees who depend on their company's success for their living.

Any news back from 1C or MG would be good. Some of us have sometimes expressed a wish that we could have a WW2 flight sim combining the best aspects of CoD, ROF, and, more recently with the advent of the highly detailed P51D....DCS. Ironically this may become a case of, in part, at least, "Be careful what you ask for -- you may just get it!"

Let's see what response your OP may bring.

Doc
Nov-08-2012, 09:20
:pcsux:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-08-2012, 10:47
I'm a firm believer of the phrase "no news is no news". Until we get something official, I will not believe A, B or C.

I sure hope for the series to continue though.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Nov-08-2012, 10:48

This is all that matters to me. I don't really care who develops it.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-08-2012, 12:04
This is all that matters to me. I don't really care who develops it.

Agreed.

Old_Canuck
Nov-08-2012, 12:55
I'm a firm believer of the phrase "no news is no news". Until we get something official, I will not believe A, B or C.

Also agree. We all know that 777 Studios will charge more but if the quality is there, I'm in.

Doc
Nov-08-2012, 13:41
Heck I pay more to live in a community without losers.

If I had to pay double or monthly to reduce the signal to noise ratio in CoD - count me in! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-08-2012, 16:11
If the series really died, I wonder how much would the source code cost if we wanted to buy it and keep developing over it :)

Doc
Nov-08-2012, 19:03
It would get leaked. :)

ATAG_Slipstream
Nov-09-2012, 02:22
Hate to be bearer of bad news, but I don't see that thread now. I just took ages to write something on it whilst trying to fix my joystick and one of the children probably deleted the whole thread, because of the other children turning it into a flame war.

If it has gone I should sue for lost time :grrr:

Thanks for trying to get us an answer IvanK :salute:

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 03:10
Well there you go the 1C KGB have swooped.... must have been a little to close to the truth for them ! Not to worry they cant edit here or SimHQ thats why I started it elsewhere as well :)

Next move I guess will be a possible ban for myself on 1C forum.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-09-2012, 04:19
If the series really died, I wonder how much would the source code cost if we wanted to buy it and keep developing over it :)

Crowd funding?
I would pay Ј10 (at least) if I knew the code was being handed over to a group of skilled and enthusiastic gamers.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-09-2012, 04:20
Well there you go the 1C KGB have swooped.... must have been a little to close to the truth for them ! Not to worry they cant edit here or SimHQ thats why I started it elsewhere as well :)

Next move I guess will be a possible ban for myself on 1C forum.

we've all got the text of the post.
We can each post the entire thing again, until they've banned us all....

just saying it's possible.... :P

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 04:45
Interesting 777 Jason just posted this on the simHQ thread regarding why the thread was deleted in 1C:

"The posts at 1C were taken down because they do not appreciate their forum being used as a conduit to bash 777 and ROF and we agree with them. Such harsh comments do not further this genre at all."

Who was bashing ROF ? if that was an issue why not just delete the offending posts instead of the whole thread ?

MadTommy
Nov-09-2012, 04:59
It's all a bit depressing.

Maddox Games treats their community like mushroom, 'in the dark & feed on shit'. So don't expect anything other than having your thread deleted.

:(

It was unfortunately all too predictable.

if Jason is posting reason why posts on Ic are being deleted.. well that speaks pretty bloody loudly to me, they are in bed in some form or another.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-09-2012, 05:02
Who was bashing ROF ? if that was an issue why not just delete the offending posts instead of the whole thread ?

It's called removing a pin from the wall with a sledge hammer.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 06:27
What I can't get over is the posters that hate the product but seem to post EVERYDAY!!! Mainly Feathered and CMVW they supposedly hate this sim so much they have to drag every thread down.

And I am glad to hear ROF got some bashing, it's got loads flaws but is shown as the holy grail by cod bashers... You just have to ask bliss if 10% of what you guys do on the ATAG server can be done on ROF and you will get an understanding of the flaws that people constantly over look, FM's that are about as realistic as a flying pig and nothing and I mean nothing but dogfighting servers I have never heard if any kind if campaign been run even!!!

Such a pity that people ignore what mg tried to give us, they bit off more than they could chew and instead of slapping them on the back our small community punches them in the face UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-09-2012, 06:30
Such a pity that people ignore what mg tried to give us, they bit off more than they could chew and instead of slapping them on the back our small community punches them in the face UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!

Applause.

Tvrdi
Nov-09-2012, 06:41
Based on rumors and 1C silence on their forum (For now, just a rumors, but its a bit indicative devs are still silent about it) we can speculate that:

1) 1C team is fired/dismissed, take it as you like (or most of them)
2) 777 bought 1C or (more likely) hired some of the fired guys (they need ppl AFAIK) - Jason only said 777 is still in charge for ROF, nothing about buying 1C or vice versa
3) 777 will make WW2 sim (which will probably happen sometimes in the future anyway)....

For me personaly, 1C silence about the matter is just their another unprofessional move....but they lost their credibility anyways...now, I think even amongst the "believers"

Due to dull landscape (washed colors etc., MHO), lack of features and planes, still not perfect netcode and "small dealbrakers" like trees without collision model, no COOPs and almost completely non existant communication with community - I gave up on CLOD entirely...

Here I want to show my gratitude towards whole ATAG team involved in keeping and maintaining the best CLOD (dogfight) server on the planet....Thank you Bliss and CO for that.

The chance to have something which could be the true IL2 46 successor is wasted (for now, IMHO) and maybe we/they (whoever will be) would have another chance in the future....

What I can't get over is the posters that hate the product but seem to post EVERYDAY!!!
Why do you think they hate?. I dont! Ppl are just disappointed. With right. They wouldnt be posting if they dont care. Simple. I never registered on forum of game I dont play or for I dont care. Your fanboysm (even though, I believe, is in a good will) wouldnt make things different.

our small community punches them in the face UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!

Im 100% sure thats the last reason why they failed.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 07:44
They failed to release a polished game I never denied that but the community failed them as well, they failed to see the huge scope of the project, they failed to support a dying genre, they failed to understand 1C needs money to survive and fix the game.

So no the community was not why they failed but it certainly didn't help either, its a part of the reason why CoD ultimately "failed" (Your opinion not mine), but the community factor will be significantly greater when it comes to the sequel... If it's ever released!

I can promise you one thing if the sequel never sees the light of day in the following years afterwards BOM will become a reference to what could have been everyone will look at COD and finially see what huge steps they had taken and I hope all those ignorant assholes who posted nothing but inflammatory BS will finially feel ashamed at what they did, this I promise you.

MG took the hard route unlike war thunder and if they have success or failure they should be praised for trying to raise the bar!

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-09-2012, 09:32
Ignore the attachment if it still shows. I tried to delelte it after I read further. And as for your comment about people having a right to be mad Tvrdi, well there is mad and there is rediculous. I was mad that they were offering me the chance to man an AA gun on the ground or drive a truck around the airfield in a FLIGHT Sim instead of FIXING things that really needed to be fixed. I made my staement (which many here disagreed with) and then, for me, it was done. Too many people over on 1C just will NOT let it go. Over and over and over they spout hate not just discontent. There is a difference there.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 09:58
All I get from the 1C link above is this ....

The thread was removed.

MadTommy
Nov-09-2012, 10:12
Krupi.. Maddox Games shot themselves in the foot in regards to their relationship with the community. Sure there are some total morons bashing the game.

I've never seen a company consistently foul a relationship with their customers like Maddox Games managed. It was a case study for bad PR and moronic customer relations.

I still hope they can pull it around somehow.

Ohms
Nov-09-2012, 10:30
Hi Guys

If this is true which would be a sad developement,we still have a playable sim that is being improved by the community already. People such as Colander and others who have added small but interesting additions have and will hopefully keep us all interest. MG did mess up no question but if it is over for them we have been left with something to enjoy. The real question is what's next? Guess we will have to wait for 1C/777 to talk.

Ohmie

Tvrdi
Nov-09-2012, 10:46
Krupi.. Maddox Games shot themselves in the foot in regards to their relationship with the community. Sure there are some total morons bashing the game.

I've never seen a company consistently foul a relationship with their customers like Maddox Games managed. It was a case study for bad PR and moronic customer relations.

Ofcourse. The thing is I wouldnt expect the two cases are connected. Ppl bashing the devs as you say and them failing in almost every aspect of the game development. PR and optimisation/features being the most affected. I really dont care about haters as Im a fan of the genre (which would be hardcore prop combat sims) and all I care is a good product..not interesred in sickos...

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 10:48
I'll repeat here what I posted at 1C.

1C is to blame for the current status of the game but whiners are to blame for the future or lack of it of the series.

Tvrdi
Nov-09-2012, 12:14

but whiners are to blame for the future or lack of it of the series.

You think the whiners are to blame for still not confirmed abandoning the BOM project? Like I said, I think it would happen no matter what ppl say...at the end, sales are the only parameter of success and not some crazy (or polite) posts at forum...now, it turns out some (crazy or not) customers are to blame for failure...heh

really...

Ill move on...I have ROF, IL2 46 with HSFX and upcoming 4.12 update and.....probably new WW2 sim title which will be "hardcore combat sim"....Then, ARMA3 and DayZ standalone are coming..so many nice things to do.....

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 12:26
You think the whiners are to blame for still not confirmed abandoning the BOM project?

Yes, I do believe they play a big part, specially if all the input the bean counters see is whining, complaints and messages stating that they want their money back and that they will never purchase the sequel.

For example, for every post made by someone thinking about the huge potential of the game, the same 5 to 10 people post 1000 whines and sadly that's what the bean counters see.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 13:10
Yes, I do believe they play a big part, specially if all the input the bean counters see is whining, complaints and messages stating that they want their money back and that they will never purchase the sequel.

For example, for every post made by someone thinking about the huge potential of the game, the same 5 to 10 people post 1000 whines and sadly that's what the bean counters see.

Exactly :(

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Nov-09-2012, 13:17
If the rumors are true (MG closed, B6 fired, Luthier hitting the bottle), who is left to make any kind of announcement?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 13:39
I don't think any one has been fired (at least yet). If they where, I'm sure at least one would have posted something by now.

My theory is that they are in the middle of some negotiations and since they do not have anything solid yet, they have nothing to say. Also, during negotiations, you can not talk as it might bring any deal down.

Doc
Nov-09-2012, 13:41
If the rumors are true (MG closed, B6 fired, Luthier hitting the bottle), who is left to make any kind of announcement?

roflmao

MadTommy
Nov-09-2012, 13:44

1C is to blame for the current status of the game but whiners are to blame for the future or lack of it of the series.

I can't say i agree with that sentiment.

People are whining due to the state of the game combined with how MG/1C have handled communications with the community.. the whining and the state of things can not be separated.. one causes the other and they both lead to MG/1C's door.

I hope its bullshit that the team has been fired, even if a small part feels they probably deserve it, (a game 6 years delayed combined with the last 2 years is not a good track record)... I hope someone else takes on the project. Too much potential to be trashed.

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-09-2012, 13:49
I hope someone else takes on the project. Too much potential to be trashed.

Hmmm....

Bliss = project manager

Colander = head designer

Snapper = communications director

Dutch = refreshments and entertainment (someone has to keep the supply of figgy duffs stocked)

ATAG community = aplha/beta testers

....:geek:

One can at least dream...

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 13:50
I can't say i agree with that sentiment.

People are whining due to the state of the game combined with how MG/1C have handled communications with the community.. the whining and the state of things can not be separated.. one causes the other and they both lead to MG/1C's door.

I hope its bullshit that the team has been fired, even if a small part feels they probably deserve it, (a game 6 years delayed combined with the last 2 years is not a good track record)... I hope someone else takes on the project. Too much potential to be trashed.

You do realize that Luither inherited the doomed project once Oleg left or was shown the door.

His hands have been tied behind has back with COD he deserves a chance to show what he can do rather than be tarred with the shit that someone else has left behind.

Tvrdi
Nov-09-2012, 13:54
If they where, I'm sure at least one would have posted something by now.

And your confidence is based on what experience?:D

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 13:56
Hmmm....

Bliss = project manager

Colander = head designer

Dutch = refreshments and entertainment (someone has to keep the supply of figgy duffs stocked)

Uhm... I'm not sure I want to be paid Russian salaries and work 18 hours 7 days a week just to be constantly bashed because the grass color is too light.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 13:58
And your confidence is based on what experience?:D

In the knowledge of human nature from which I'm part of. :D

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 15:10
I don't think any one has been fired (at least yet). If they where, I'm sure at least one would have posted something by now.

My theory is that they are in the middle of some negotiations and since they do not have anything solid yet, they have nothing to say. Also, during negotiations, you can not talk as it might bring any deal down.

Colander not correct ! They were all fired. This all occurred on Oct 17th. I was with one of them just 6 hrs after he was fired ! His last gift to the community was getting RC2 released as a STEAM patch and that took some doing. Thats why there wern't any differences between RC2 and the final patch ! A number of 3D artists were "picked" up and are now working for 777. The MAIN people who drive and code CLOD are gone !

The whole point behind my original post was to try and get 1C to see the error in their ways and the value of continuing some sort of development of CLOD. The raw beauty and potential of CLOD is there to be seen in the final patch. Just look at the stuff that ATAG has done (Channel command for example). The only way CLOD is going to continue is community support, either to convince 1C its worthwhile or the mod community pick up the ball and run with it. As to getting source code .. as a famous Australian once said ...."tell him he is dreaming". The question has already been asked on 19th of October the answer was no way !

1C's communication with the community throughout CLOD's development has been appalling this is yet another example of that. Contrast that with 777 and ED/DCS who both excel in communicating with their customers.

Well said Krupi. Ilya was handed a poison chalice. What he did considering the resources he had was exceptional.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 15:12
Colander not correct !

:S
Then, who would be left in 1C to do any announcement? Should we be asking 777 for information instead of 1C then?

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-09-2012, 15:16
Hmmm....

Bliss = project manager

Colander = head designer

Before: "BlackSix just posted 3 sentences and we still know nothing!"

After: "Snapper just posted 3 pages and we still know nothing!"

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 15:17
Before: "BlackSix just posted 3 sentences and we still know nothing!"

After: "Snapper just posted 3 pages and we still know nothing!"

3 pages? Keep in mind that you will be required to do posts in Russian on Sukhoi :)

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 15:57
:S
Then, who would be left in 1C to do any announcement? Should we be asking 777 for information instead of 1C then?

NFI .... 1C is a relatively large organisation. The CLOD development team were just a sub division of 1C.... That sub division is gone. Black Six the "communicator" was a member of the team. He did his best in a couple of his final posts to indicate the finality of it all ... but I dare say he had to be very careful what he said. Hopefully Black Six has picked up a gig with the 777 building 3D things.

So someone in 1C management is going to have to come to the party and announce it.... the lights in the cLOD office have been turned off by the last one out.

Asking 777 ? who knows they are denying any tie up with 1c. Time will tell though :)

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 16:06
Uhm...
Maybe we would need to post the same question, not in the CLOD forum but at a higher level in the forum.

Tvrdi
Nov-09-2012, 16:22
In the knowledge of human nature from which I'm part of. :D

What I was trying to say is that I DONT BELIEVE THEM as they wasnt honest from the start (epileptic crap and everything after that including announced, but never seen 50% of perf boost on last patch).

And what about communication? Although Jason is somehow short on the fuse hes team is doing hellofajob to keep the community updated, not to mention his team is releasing new features and content in a surprising short period of time considering all the complexity of the ROF engine. Yeah, I was a bit angry at them not fixing all FM bugs but unfortunately they have one guy doing the FM stuff. Wonder why. Sure CLOD is also advanced sim but not only that it wasnt polished but it was LACKING CONTENT and updates (and proper communication with the community).

After all, time will show what CLOD achieved. I think, there are two paths....first, CLOD and BOM will be abandoned and 777 (or their ww2 division) will make (sometimes in the future) another WW2 sim from the scratch or based on (then) polished CLOD engine or...second path - CLOD will be completely abandoned and the code will be handed to modders, so no new (WW2) sim projects will be made by 1c or 777 team in near future. What will be interesting is to see is how CLOD MP would look alike since even today we have 80 players max and that is on most crowded nights.
Sure ROF has its limitations (number of ground units on server, etc.) but it looks great (btw its DX9), it has more and more features and content (sure it costs, but its still a cheapest hobby one can find) and it has a dedicated team whoch listen teh community and update the folks with news and patches frequently. You have a bunch of visual options in graphic settings which can make it look even greater. Clouds are nice (looks even better with difis mod) and way better than joke in CLOD.....Also, they really did well in optimising all the performance probs they had at the start (which only few had anyways). Yes, I like how cockpits look in CLOD, yes I like FM and DM,...but I dont like how landscape looks, performance is crap sometimes on my 660Ti and i7 3.6ghz and that is with half of the settings on med at 1920. Trees doenst have a collision model and yes that is a big deal since you couldnt call it a realistic sim can you? Also anti aliasing is crap, netcode was crap before last patch and is still weak, the prop wash is a joke...community is divided and only few play in MP as it demands super rgi to be able to play decently (at least when thers no more planes in dogfight). Also thers no COOP mode....communcation from Luthier was cinism, laughing, laying (yes Im sayin it now clearly in fully repons.) and excuses....
For me the 1C is dead..and all of their games after IL2 46....Oleg is gone, the guy answered mony my question only few weeks before CLOD release like it was all ok.....just go back in time and remember how we was updated regarding original Il2....how they listened....

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-09-2012, 16:54
Colander not correct ! They were all fired. This all occurred on Oct 18th. I was with one of them just 6 hrs after he was fired ! His last gift to the community was getting RC2 released as a STEAM patch and that took some doing. Thats why there wern't any differences between RC2 and the final patch ! A number of 3D artists were "picked" up and are now working for 777. The MAIN people who drive and code CLOD are gone !

Ivan...thank you for the information. IMHO it leaves only CloD or 1946 for a viable WWII sim at the moment. :(

I feel bad for those who are no longer working on this project. I hope someday there will be a better, more complete sim...ugh.

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 17:02
They were all fired. This all occurred on Oct 18th. I was with one of them just 6 hrs after he was fired ! His last gift to the community was getting RC2 released as a STEAM patch and that took some doing.

I've held back from posting regarding any of this, pending some hopefully 'official' news from 1C. It seems that quite a few people on all our forums confuse Maddox games with the 1C 'umbrella' company/publisher.

I'm completely gutted by this news, and given your closeness to the team 'IvanK', I don't doubt your word for a moment. I also feel a little guilty, because there have been some occasions when i've lambasted the team myself, notably with non-starting aircraft and also much earlier on, when explosions caused the game to crash. Also when it was announced that there would be no further RAF flyables.

But you could do me a favour if possible, and that's convey my thanks and appreciation to Ilya and the rest of the guys, for providing us with a glimpse of what is possible in the genre. Also my comiserations and best wishes, as I know what it feels like to be made redundant when a job still requires completion and/or continuance.

If someone can pick up the ball and carry on, that'd be great, although porting 3D models into the RoF engine wouldn't be my ideal outcome.

It's just so sad, that after X years of dedication and development from Maddox games (in all it's manifestations), and many years of enthusiasm, enjoyment and anticipation from me personally, the 'IL2 Sturmovik' series of combat flight simulators appears to have had the door shut in it's face.

And in spite of the fact that the Battle of Britain is my primary interest in many ways, I was so looking forward to flying my I-16 in the snow. Here's hoping......

I just hope that whoever picks up the ball, gives the old team a job. Who would know the game better?

Very sad.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-09-2012, 17:02
NFI .... 1C is a relatively large organisation. The CLOD development team were just a sub division of 1C.... That sub division is gone. Black Six the "communicator" was a member of the team. He did his best in a couple of his final posts to indicate the finality of it all ... but I dare say he had to be very careful what he said. Hopefully Black Six has picked up a gig with the 777 building 3D things.

So someone in 1C management is going to have to come to the party and announce it.... the lights in the cLOD office have been turned off by the last one out.

Asking 777 ? who knows they are denying any tie up with 1c. Time will tell though :)

Salute Ivan

Thanks very much for your information on this subject. Behind the scenes you have been one of the best advocates for this game, 1C owes you a great debt.

You have been a very loyal and devoted beta tester, you did everything you could to ensure the game's survival, but considering what has happened, I don't blame you for coming out and letting the community know the issues.

I only hope the people at 1C either sell the game to 777 Studios, and 777 invests the money needed for further development, or open it up for community involvement and development. Both alternatives have the potential to generate revenue for 1C.

I am going to have to disagree with you on the issue of the management of the game.

As I have said on the the CoD UBI boards, the decision to go with a Soviet expansion was clear mistake.

1C could have developed a 1940-41 Malta expansion for very little money, easily done by putting cockpits in the Gladiator and CR42 and building a Malta map. (very simple since it would be mostly water) Releasing that along with the current RC2 improvements, (plus more work on the FM's) could have generated them enough additional money to tide them over. Instead they invested huge amounts of time and money into building this new front, which appears now to be in freefall... foolish.

As you say, we will see what the result will be, let's hope all the useful aspects of CoD are not wasted.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 17:03
What, no way I don't believe that at all.

If there was anything in that the sukhoi forums would have been in overdrive.

I don't believe everyone has been fired or COD has been dropped, surely it would have been mentioned by now.. somewhere!!!

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 17:06
Yes, there is something really fishy going on. I only found 3 or 4 posts about this on Sukhoi but that could be the admins deleting like crazy too

workky
Nov-09-2012, 17:07
Well, I will give thanks for what we have now, its not perfect by any means. As far as im concerned, nothing can touch it. Yea we dont have all the planes, we dont have the bombers, but we do have some really kool stuff that no other game has. I like it, ill fly(Sometime)
Forgive me, i have sinned and come short of the glory of somebody

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 17:08
Yes, there is something really fishy going on. I only found 3 or 4 posts about this on Sukhoi but that could be the admins deleting like crazy too

They are not linked with 1C, if there was any news it would be left up.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 17:12
Moderators of the Sukhoi forum:
Taranov , naryv, LA5-ER , Andric , DnK , BlackSix , Harh , Charger

Besides BlackSix, naryv is a developer so I think they can delete posts if needed/wanted.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 17:15
Moderators of the Sukhoi forum:
Taranov , naryv, LA5-ER , Andric , DnK , BlackSix , Harh , Charger

Besides BlackSix, naryv is a developer so I think they can delete posts if needed/wanted.

Yes and he is still active on the forums...

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/search.php?searchid=1235103

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 17:48
Yes and he is still active on the forums...

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/search.php?searchid=1235103

Sorry Krupi, but that doesn't mean a thing. All the employees (or ex-employees) will have signed some sort of NDA as there are apparently ongoing negotiations with 'a third party'. Until those negotiations result in an agreement we'll be in the dark. It's easy for an employer to say 'speak to the public and you lose your golden handshake' or similar.
Naryv is one of the chaps who obviously enjoy playing the game anyway, as evidenced by his 'air race' mission and the pylons or whatever, for the Su26. His posts at Sukhoi's forum are that of an enthusiastic player and knowledgable participant, not as a developer.

Catseye
Nov-09-2012, 18:06
Here's a thought - complete conjecture on my part and hopefully a bit optimistic.

Is it just possible that - when an organization is being bought out by another, that in some cases staff are let go to enable the bean counters to do their thing and the purchasing company the option to re-hire or hire outside?

What I am saying is that it is just possible that the letting go of employees is part of a much larger process in place that cannot be announced at this time.

Here's hoping.

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 18:08
It is my understanding that the 2 related sequels ... and there were 2, Moscow and Stalingrad were decided on by 1C rather than the CLOD team. Oleg was super keen on a Middle East scenario before he moved on. Both these sequels were at a pretty advanced stage by the end of September. The reason why CLOD development had a huge hiatus before RC1 and RC2/final was the CLOD team were running to deadline/project goal to get the sequel(s) to a specific state. Given it was a small team 99% of the effort was devoted to achieving this. little time was available to concentrate on CLOD. Once the sequel(s) had reached this state or looked like reaching this deadline some team resources could be brought back to address CLOD. We then had RC1 and RC2 in pretty quick succession..... then the axe fell.

There is a lot more that was tried before the axe fell. Alas that is perhaps better left unsaid for the moment. I probably have upset the apple cart sufficiently. I fervently hope that something might come about to save some of what has been done .... though I think sadly its forlorn hope. Fortunately I am pretty Anal when it comes to archiving Emails and communications. I have every thing documented and archived from as far back as 2004.

All 1C need to do is tell the community what the situation is. If they have made a business decision thats their prerogative but let customers and the community know.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 18:15
then the axe fell.

Please can you show something to back this up, I prefer facts and evidence to rumours and panic.

Old_Canuck
Nov-09-2012, 18:20
Jason are you reading this? PACIFIC THEATRE! If you want a run away succes with the American market. :geek:

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 18:24
Please can you show something to back this up, I prefer facts and evidence to rumours and panic.

I am not going to post the contents of personal Emails on Internet forums, and even if I did they would still be open to debate by some.

Sit back and watch the what comes then you can judge the veracity of my statements. No panic just cold hard facts.

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 18:27
Jason are you reading this? PACIFIC THEATRE! If you want a run away succes with the American market. :geek:

Yeah, that's right. I remember Pacific Fighters. 3 hours of flying over the sea before you get to your target, then BOOM!, shot down by AAA. Great fun! :D

Sorry, I digress......

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 18:28
I am not going to post the contents of personal Emails on Internet forums, and even if I did they would still be open to debate by some.

Sit back and watch the what comes then you can judge the veracity of my statements. No panic just cold hard facts.

Fair enough no evidence (I understand why if they are personal) then no buying this rumour, I will wait for an official statement.

Old_Canuck
Nov-09-2012, 18:32
Yeah, that's right. I remember Pacific Fighters. 3 hours of flying over the sea before you get to your target, then BOOM!, shot down by AAA. Great fun! :D

Sorry, I digress......

roflmao Many flights ended just like you said.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 18:34
I decided to stir the pot some more.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35830

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 18:34
Sorry, I digress......

The flying dutchman has struck again... :doh:

Tvrdi
Nov-09-2012, 18:41
It is my understanding that the 2 related sequels ... and there were 2, Moscow and Stalingrad were decided on by 1C rather than the CLOD team. Oleg was super keen on a Middle East scenario before he moved on. Both these sequels were at a pretty advanced stage by the end of September. The reason why CLOD development had a huge hiatus before RC1 and RC2/final was the CLOD team were running to deadline/project goal to get the sequel(s) to a specific state. Given it was a small team 99% of the effort was devoted to achieving this. little time was available to concentrate on CLOD. Once the sequel(s) had reached this state or looked like reaching this deadline some team resources could be brought back to address CLOD. We then had RC1 and RC2 in pretty quick succession..... then the axe fell.

Ahh thats explains alot. Why they couldnt keep up with CLOD. Then again that doesnt make any sence, to work hard on sequel nobody will buy if they dont fix CLOD. Probably the project management was amateurish...I do feel alot like Dutch and completely agree with the guy...

Fair enough no evidence (I understand why if they are personal) then no buying this rumour, I will wait for an official statement.

LOL Krupi....Im affraid what you will become if this goes official.....dayz in RL I guess :-)

sry couldnt resist

EDIT: I bet Colanders (polite) thread will be executed....in their style...

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 18:41
The flying dutchman has struck again... :doh:

Oi! I didn't start it, it was that Canuck bloke. The one who needs to lend me his bandsaw motor. Medicinal purposes only of course. :D

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 18:49
LOL Krupi....Im affraid what you will become if this goes official.....dayz in RL I guess :-)

sry couldnt resist

I have already decided that if there is no sequel then I will no longer be bothering with flight sims, dont worry I will be saying good by before I leave... The smileys below will give you some inclination on what my finial posts will be like :D

:grr: :cussing: :flipoff: :wave: :moon:

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 18:49

Great idea.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 18:50
Great idea.

That lasted long LOL

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Nov-09-2012, 18:51
If everybody was fired in late Oct why did B6 post on Nov 5? That would be like showing up for work still.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=477587&postcount=13

I don't doubt for a moment that something has happened but I found it odd he would still post.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-09-2012, 18:54

Deleted. That didn't take long!

What did you post, Colander?

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 18:59
If everybody was fired in late Oct why did B6 post on Nov 5? That would be like showing up for work still.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=477587&postcount=13

I don't doubt for a moment that something has happened but I found it odd he would still post.

Because when you lose your job, there is a period of time wherein you still feel part of it, even though you know you're not. You go for beers with ex-colleagues, you go to reunion parties, you don't quite want to let go altogether.

Oleg Maddox was still posting long after he 'went'. Human nature.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 19:03
HA! didn't last 20 minutes!!!!

All I posted was a respectful request for information whether there is going to be a sequel or not so we do not keep waiting.

How about every one of us does the same every time the others' post is deleted?

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 19:04
Because when you lose your job, there is a period of time wherein you still feel part of it, even though you know you're not. You go for beers with ex-colleagues, you go to reunion parties, you don't quite want to let go altogether.

Oleg Maddox was still posting long after he 'went'. Human nature.

I am pretty sure he would have said a bit more if had just been fired...

Doc
Nov-09-2012, 19:04
Deleted. That didn't take long!

What did you post, Colander?

Yea please Colander. I missed it.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 19:07
I didn't copy the text but it was nothing that had any excuse to be deleted, in fact, I did not get any infraction or notification whatsoever.

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 19:07
I am pretty sure he would have said a bit more if had just been fired...

You didn't read my post about NDAs, did you Krupi me ole china?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-09-2012, 19:09
Hehehehehe

How about I put in the welcome screen of the server a call to every one to create a thread asking for information. The mods will not be able to keep up unless they ban every one :)

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 19:10
You didn't read my post about NDAs, did you Krupi me ole china?

Ifs he fired NDA are null and void... you can't withhold money to someone you have fired!

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 19:17
Ifs he fired NDA are null and void... you can't withhold money to someone you have fired!

Oh good grief. They weren't 'sacked' or 'fired' in the English sense. None of these people were guilty of gross misconduct. They were made redundant because their product didn't generate enough profit to support the team. Additionally, the parent company didn't have any confidence in any future product generating enough revenue to cover the losses incurred to date.

'Fired' is an emotive term. 'Redundant' occurs in any business when the turnover generated does not result in a profit. Or worse, the turnover is less than the costs, thus generating a loss.

Now you're making me sound like Chivas.

Blimey.....

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 19:18
Oh good grief. They weren't 'sacked' or 'fired' in the English sense. None of these people were guilty of gross misconduct. They were made redundant because their product didn't generate enough profit to support the team. Additionally, the parent company didn't have any confidence in any future product generating enough revenue to cover the losses incurred to date.

'Fired' is an emotive term. 'Redundant' occurs in any business when the turnover generated cannot cover the costs. Or worse, is less than the costs.

Now you're making me sound like Chivas.

Blimey.....

Ah so the kremlin is holding his family in for "questioning", that sneaky Karla...

:PP

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-09-2012, 19:20

An NDA is a legally binding agreement. I'm under one from my former employer. I break the agreement, they haul my sorry butt into court; I can kiss my golden hush money goodbye.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 19:26
An NDA is a legally binding agreement. I'm under one from my former employer. I break the agreement, they haul my sorry butt into court; I can kiss my golden hush money goodbye.

You should have read the small print :getaway:

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-09-2012, 19:30

My lawyer did before I signed anything; he did the negotiating. He said it was a good deal, even after his fee. Just have to keep my mouth shut where the skeletons are buried. :D

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 19:30

I rest my case. :D

Archie
Nov-09-2012, 19:56
Posted today at Sukhoi...

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 20:01
Awesome thanks Hans! :D

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 20:03
Awesome thanks Hans! :D

Pray tell. Where is the 'awesome' bit?

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 20:05
Pray tell. Where is the 'awesome' bit?

The bit that mentions the forum that will be created for the sequel :D

Dutch
Nov-09-2012, 20:07
The bit that mentions the forum that will be created for the sequel :D

Ah. And your interpretation of that comment is......?

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 21:21
Regarding the "sukhoi jpg" post by Hans ... This is today right ? The time date stamp on the post is 11/10/2012 at 16:19 ? so using US date terminology thats 10th of Nov 16:19, using UK date terminology thats 11th of Oct 16:19

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1148&d=1352508977

I live in Australia the time here as I type is 10th Nov at 1320hrs Eastern Australian Summer time thats 0220UTC on the 10th Nov

So accepting that Hans has his Sukhoi forum options set to display his time(since it can be any Euro time) then I figure he must live East of me in fact East of NZ! not far from the dateline actually

Hans post was placed on this forum at 11:56 Eastern Australian time .... i.e about 1hr 26 mins before I posted this i.e at 00:42UTC on the 10th of Nov. The sukhoi post if we accept his time settings are local would be UTC + 15:57 .... now that would put him way past the date line and in fact into "yesterday" the 9th of Nov ! ... Maybe I am missing something but the times don't add up !

What is IL2-WT ? ... Il2 War Thunder ?

JG52_Krupi
Nov-09-2012, 21:42
Regarding the "sukhoi jpg" post by Hans ... This is today right ? The time date stamp on the post is 11/10/2012 at 16:19 ? so using US date terminology thats 10th of Nov 16:19, using UK date terminology thats 11th of Oct 16:19

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1148&d=1352508977

I live in Australia the time here as I type is 10th Nov at 1320hrs Eastern Australian Summer time thats 0220UTC on the 10th Nov

So accepting that Hans has his Sukhoi forum options set to display his time then I figure he must live East of me in fact East of NZ! not far from the dateline actually

Hans post was placed on this forum at 11:56 Eastern Australian time .... i.e about 1hr 26 mins before I posted this i.e at 00:42UTC on the 10th of Nov. The sukhoi post if we accept his time settings are local would be UTC + 15:57 .... now that would put him way past the date line and in fact into "yesterday" the 9th of Nov ! ... Maybe I am missing something but the times don't add up !

What is IL2-WT ? ... Il2 War Thunder ?

WT is the russian title for cliffs, unfortunately it look like it was October not November... :(

Ivank
Nov-09-2012, 22:01
Yep its BS here is the date format on Sukhoi:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/zulu64/Sukhoibs2.jpg

It was oct 11th

Old_Canuck
Nov-09-2012, 23:26
For Dutch. I've gone back to beer and Advils.

Archie
Nov-10-2012, 04:16
Sorry maybe confusion with the date. :(

JG52_Krupi
Nov-10-2012, 05:33
Ivank it looks like you have caused a bit of a stir on the sukhoi forums ;)

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&page=444

Maler
Nov-10-2012, 06:15
This post of B6 was write in september.

MadTommy
Nov-10-2012, 07:27
Thanks for your insight IvanK..

Its all very sad. I feel for the folks whose jobs are on the line.

Regarding Luthier being handed a poisoned chalice, i thought he had been with the team for a long time, well before Oleg left, as 2nd in charge. Its hardly like he had no responsibility.

Awaiting official news.. but not holding my breath. it would not surprise me if we were never told.
+++

I've posted a tread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35845

I have heard that development in the sequel has stopped and the team has been disbanded.

Is this true?

Thanks.

i give it 30 mins. :)

ATAG_Colander
Nov-10-2012, 11:34
In case any of our russian speaking readers wants to try asking directly, here's the email address of Boris Nuraliev "nuralie@1c.ru" :)

fruitbat
Nov-10-2012, 11:42
Thanks for the news Ivan, wonder how long it will take for 1C to actually say anything.

sad times, but not a complete surprise.

vranac
Nov-10-2012, 11:51
Colander not correct ! They were all fired. This all occurred on Oct 18th. I was with one of them just 6 hrs after he was fired ! His last gift to the community was getting RC2 released as a STEAM patch and that took some doing. Thats why there wern't any differences between RC2 and the final patch ! A number of 3D artists were "picked" up and are now working for 777. The MAIN people who drive and code CLOD are gone !

The whole point behind my original post was to try and get 1C to see the error in their ways and the value of continuing some sort of development of CLOD. The raw beauty and potential of CLOD is there to be seen in the final patch. Just look at the stuff that ATAG has done (Channel command for example). The only way CLOD is going to continue is community support, either to convince 1C its worthwhile or the mod community pick up the ball and run with it. As to getting source code .. as a famous Australian once said ...."tell him he is dreaming". The question has already been asked on 19th of October the answer was no way !

1C's communication with the community throughout CLOD's development has been appalling this is yet another example of that. Contrast that with 777 and ED/DCS who both excel in communicating with their customers.

Well said Krupi. Ilya was handed a poison chalice. What he did considering the resources he had was exceptional.

With all due respect for you Ivank and for your contribution to this sim and comunity something don't seem right in your claims.

If you found out what is happening 6 hours after the steam patch release why didn't you start this earlier?

Why is this sentence in the luthiers post?
If there is no sequel he could leave it out and stay secretive.

I know all of you are anxious to know about what happens now. Unfortunately were not ready to post that just yet. We will post announcements and a more detailed roadmap in a very near future.

Why then B6 on 19.10. writes about announcement of a sequel?

On holiday they were all, except for Elijah.
About SDK I have serious doubts about its feasibility, but in any case, accurate information will now be made public only with the announcement of a sequel.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D73239%26s%3D17f7633aa244e50c6 b123bf0cf286d44%26p%3D1911027%26viewfull%3D1&usg=ALkJrhj1cRxh16-KcTZ2j27HHS-v637uuQ#post1911027

If you are right it will be very sad.

6S.Insuber
Nov-10-2012, 13:04

Honestly I was fearing to hear this kind of news since long ago.

Sad.

Catseye
Nov-10-2012, 14:30
roflmao Many flights ended just like you said.

Some of mine ended right off the pointy end of the carrier. :(

JG52_Krupi
Nov-10-2012, 14:31
With all due respect for you Ivank and for your contribution to this sim and comunity something don't seem right in your claims.

If you found out what is happening 6 hours after the steam patch release why didn't you start this earlier?

Why is this sentence in the luthiers post?
If there is no sequel he could leave it out and stay secretive.

Why then B6 on 19.10. writes about announcement of a sequel?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D73239%26s%3D17f7633aa244e50c6 b123bf0cf286d44%26p%3D1911027%26viewfull%3D1&usg=ALkJrhj1cRxh16-KcTZ2j27HHS-v637uuQ#post1911027

If you are right it will be very sad.

Agreed

Ivank
Nov-10-2012, 15:52
Ivank it looks like you have caused a bit of a stir on the sukhoi forums ;)

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&page=444

Good it might prompt some communication from 1C !

Ivank
Nov-10-2012, 15:57
Vrnac

"If you found out what is happening 6 hours after the steam patch release why didn't you start this earlier?"

Because at the time I was asked not to! Re read the time lines I knew of the decision about about 6-12 hours after the pin was pulled. At least 24 hours BEFORE the release of the Steam patch.There was still some attempt to keep things alive going on and getting RC2 published on STEAM as a final patch.

Looking through my documentation I have edited my first post with a date from Oct 18Th to one day earlier Oct 17th. Gets a bit confusing with time zones etc.

Perhaps the real message from Black Six is in posts 1289 and 1290.
Post 1289 has the Thread temporarily closed 16 Oct .... I wonder why ? .... perhaps because big decisions were being made.
Then on the 19th AFTER the STEAM release in post 1290 Black Six posts:

"Thus, our work on the project "Battle of Britain" fully completed and, as you know, the final patch is available to the incentive. Development of the game lasted for several years, during which time he managed a variety of events take place within the company, to replace the head of the project and more than half the team updated. The final result is presented to you in the spring of last year, we got very mixed, but I hope that we have managed to fix most of the errors and at least partially regain your confidence. I would like to sincerely thank all of you for the support and assistance extended to us in difficult times and for what you are all the time being with us.

My work in this section is also finished a few days, I will answer the questions, but in general, that's all. As you well know, I can not tell you now about the future of the series and you have to wait for the official announcement from 1C.

Once again thank you all and good luck in the sky!"

Post 1290:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D73239%26s%3Dbd1f4fa13b0c838f9 0f723b340c80c98%26p%3D1910999%26viewfull%3D1&usg=ALkJrhiIUnwzZFIX0oK5R3jq_nY9TBbiJQ#post1910999

Tvrdi
Nov-10-2012, 18:13
LOL His last posts indicates they are now like "burnin documents and get the f out of there"...what a bunch of...

Doc
Nov-10-2012, 18:22
LOL His last posts idnicates they are now like "burnin documents and get the f out of there"...what a bunch of...

Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSouCR9fJ9E

ATAG_Colander
Nov-10-2012, 18:26
Well, at least I would want an official statement saying:
You are hereby granted the right to mod the living s^$% out of CLOD.

:)

Ivank
Nov-10-2012, 18:53
Who would stop you ... I mean we know the efficacy of VAC :)

Dutch
Nov-10-2012, 19:40
I've posted a tread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35845

Well, it hasn't been deleted, but it has been locked. But that could be because Kongo-Otto said the word 'pussy'. Enough to send some people into paroxysms of disgust over there.

I'd say no-one 'official' would make a response until Monday anyway. But i'm not holding my breath......

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-10-2012, 19:47
Good God! :doh: I just read ALL 4 pages of this and all I can say is WOW! :guilty: .... now only time will tell if they (1C) WILL or WONT say anything. Till then, those that enjoy what we have, let's fly.

My thanks to Ivank for the message (yet to be confirmed), ATAG who does their level best to provide us "OLD" Coots a place to fly CloD. :grandpa ..... And even though this thread is far from over (all of us are waiting for the last shoe to drop), I'd like to remind everyone here, that we are friends and flying companions with but one real goal. To have fun and make friends .... ok two things, so sue me ......:recon:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-10-2012, 20:49
I think there will be no announcement, at least for another 4 months and we will not like the announcement even though they will try to sugar coat it the best they can and leave out all the sad parts.

Anyway, lets enjoy what Maddox Games have worked hard to give us.

56RAF_rumba
Nov-11-2012, 04:28
I think there will be no announcement, at least for another 4 months and we will not like the announcement even though they will try to sugar coat it the best they can and leave out all the sad parts.

+1

Tvrdi
Nov-11-2012, 09:39

Sure. I must say Im fully enjoying Il2 46 with latest HSFX mod playing SEOW campaign..

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-12-2012, 08:04
Added my voice to those asking for some information:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35911

Might be deleted already though....

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-12-2012, 10:57
I added my comment to pstyle's thread also ....:thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-12-2012, 11:05
I wonder if threads are also being deleted on Sukhoi.

eekz
Nov-13-2012, 04:41
Sukhoi is not owned by 1C. Its a community forum like ATAG. So topics are not deleted there. Some discussion of the recent rumors took place in this thread http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&page=448
However, russian community seems to be less informed than the english-speaking. We have no other details than the information provided by IvanK on english-speaking forums.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-13-2012, 06:34
Hi eekz and welcome to the ATAG Forum. Thanks for your post. It seems everyone has many questions and 1C is not providing many answers.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-13-2012, 11:39
Added my voice to those asking for some information:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35911

Might be deleted already though....

The thread is gone now. Time for some one to start another one. Volunteers?

JG52_Krupi
Nov-13-2012, 11:41
Sure :D

JG52_Krupi
Nov-13-2012, 11:47
Done, as time progresses i.e. the threads get deleted I will start to post more vicious threads :devilish:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=480785#post480785

ATAG_Colander
Nov-13-2012, 12:00

Archie
Nov-13-2012, 13:59
Looking at some of the other games at 1c it doesn't seem to be their style to tell people when a game is cancelled...

Doggles
Nov-13-2012, 13:59
I'll help post threads too. I like where this is going.

Ivank
Nov-13-2012, 15:33
Good stuff Gents

Doggles
Nov-13-2012, 16:35
Ivan, have you heard anything new?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-13-2012, 16:41
I don't think there will be further information until 1C comes clean. There is a reason why more details are not public yet.

fruitbat
Nov-13-2012, 17:41
I'm in for battering them with threads until there's an answer as well.

I'm also pretty sure its not the normal mods removing them, from a little chat on TS i had with somebody the other night.

Doggles
Nov-13-2012, 18:24
Speak plainly, friends. This is a safe place.

Doggles
Nov-13-2012, 18:54
Phat is such a *****-***** little mama's-boy *****.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-13-2012, 19:27
Phat is such a ****-**** little mama's-boy *****.

Not helpful. Inflaming the issue with personal attacks does no good. Any moderator on a 1C forum has to live by the rules he signed.

Suggest everyone stick to the issue.

Polite but insistent.

Doc
Nov-13-2012, 19:38
Buzz is right. We all need to keep it real especially me. :thumbsup:

Tvrdi
Nov-14-2012, 08:17
I really doubt CLOD project "failed" because of mean whiny customers or because of lacking money (777 had less even with selling stuff they make) or because of lacking time (god knows how many yrs they spent on this) BUT because of VERY bad management and probably partially incompetence in dealing with advanced sim engine...then, the PR was amateurish in a worst manner (also IMHO they werent honest with customers from day one)...on the forum of the "other advanced sim" is Thank you thread....on 1C is now all (justified) cries and appeals (which are now more like prayers) almighty 1C will say a single word about future of the (still not finished) game......Once bitten twice shy, baby bye bye :salute: At the end, we, customers, are the real loosers and not because some of us spent 50 or 60 bucks on this...game.Then again, who knows, maybe we will live to see another team which will built a sim which could carry a title "the true successor of the greatest IL2 46". Time will tell, one opportunity is lost, at least in my eyes.

@Krupi, you know, taking our different views (half glass full half glass empty bla bla) into count...wer still on the same boat, both passionate about CLOD....and now when I read your newest posts at 1C im afare of how they (amateurishly formed 1C team) is loosing a great and dedicated fans/community because of their ignorance and "incompetence on all fronts"...I first, would be the happiest person all this nightmare never happened and that wer now "arguing" about FM and DM and stuff like that...hehe

JG52_Krupi
Nov-14-2012, 09:09
The problem is that the "glass half full" whiners are u bunch of fools who can't see past the end of there jaded noses we were not given il2: 2 we were given il2: 3 the clickable cockpits the detailed CEM they didn't have to do all of that they could have easily created a new graphics engine and bolted everything from 1946 onto that and it would have sold well. But they went the hard way they tried to give us more and they did now we will have to live with more and more devs sticking with the basics and not pushing the boundaries!

The whiners caused what seems now irreversible damage to the sequel and I will not forget this, the utter ignorance and pig headed stupidity of some of our "community" will NEVER cease to amaze me.

So you can take your "Once bitten twice shy" and "whiners: were fans too" and shove them where the sun does not shine!

Bye bye!

Tvrdi
Nov-14-2012, 10:09
The problem is that the "glass half full" whiners are u bunch of fools who can't see past the end of there jaded noses we were not given il2: 2 we were given il2: 3 the clickable cockpits the detailed CEM they didn't have to do all of that they could have easily created a new graphics engine and bolted everything from 1946 onto that and it would have sold well. But they went the hard way they tried to give us more and they did now we will have to live with more and more devs sticking with the basics and not pushing the boundaries!
Would be better if they made an properly optimised (coded) DX9 game with all the FM and DM candies, content, features....You know, a sim can look very nice even on DX9.....at least ppl wouldnt bitch about bad performance...also, CLOD is unfinished in many ways (no collision model for trees which is embarrassing for hardcore sim, no COOP mode, slim content, etc..)...and they could work on better PR, in fact was non existant if you dont count few haikus from Blacksix...
Talking about boundaries..they had 10 yrs....for everything...It looks like they gone too far to abandon and they needed money for BOM......and now it turns out (most likely) ther wouldnt be BOM at all......thats why we got unfinished product....now we know why we didnt get the demo..nobody would buy the "full" game....

The whiners caused what seems now irreversible damage to the sequel and I will not forget this, the utter ignorance and pig headed stupidity of some of our "community" will NEVER cease to amaze me.
So you can take your "Once bitten twice shy" and "whiners: were fans too" and shove them where the sun does not shine!
Bye bye!

Now your rude. You blame the whiners for failure of the devs work? Thats hillarious! You seemed like disappointed and angry. But, dude, you are venting in the wrong direction it seams....Just wait to see how they will exterminate your appeal at 1C forum...You know heyr gone, they dont care about what their customers want, and your voice will echo...But I wont be fooled twice.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 10:30
Tvrdi,

When a company sees on the official forum (which is the only place for two way communications) 1000 posts of like this:
"Management sucks"
"The programmers should be fired"
"I want my money back"
"I will never buy the sequel"
etc...

for every one like this:
"I can't wait for the sequel, it will be amazing"

it makes the company to reevaluate if they should keep investing more money and time on the project.

Yes, the original release was flawed but the lack of vision of the whiners affects the future of the project.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 10:56
Seems like the 1C thread was deleted again.

Tvrdi
Nov-14-2012, 11:10
Tvrdi,

When a company sees on the official forum (which is the only place for two way communications) 1000 posts of like this:
"Management sucks"
"The programmers should be fired"
"I want my money back"
"I will never buy the sequel"
etc...

for every one like this:
"I can't wait for the sequel, it will be amazing"

it makes the company to reevaluate if they should keep investing more money and time on the project.

Yes, the original release was flawed but the lack of vision of the whiners affects the future of the project.

Here I disagree. The future project is (for now just a rumor) abandoned because the team (partialy?) failed in the first project. The community response was expected and didnt affect much on decisions of the management. Im 100% sure. Then again Im too annoyed by some of the whining posts TBH. But thats another story and I think it didnt do much of an influence on them failing in the task and in cancelling the future projects. Its easy to blame "the whiners". The devs and their management are the reason for all your frustration. I will go further with assumptions and I will tell you Im almost sure some of the former 1C team members are working now for 777 (in whatever relation). After all, 777 sound designer was the guy who drastically improved CLOD sounds.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-14-2012, 11:11
Well, I'm sure Ilya has read many of the 1C posts (if not the BugTracker) and noted both the positive and negative responses, plus gotten summarised feedback from B6. I tend to think as a project manager and businessman that he would be pragmatic -- there's just no pleasing everyone. It's the dollars (Euros, rubles, whatever) that count ultimately. The 1C Forum could be full of happy campers, but if the product doesn't sell -- the plug gets pulled. Conversely, if Cliffs of Dover was a box office hit but the 1C Forum was completely full of obnoxious malcontents -- the decision would be to still go ahead with The Sequel. Yes, certain aspects of positive/negative comments would be noted to influence this sequel -- but only to increase the marketability of The Sequel.

I sincerely believe the decision to close the CoD/BoM project has only served to pour rum and sand on the dog: us fleas are getting drunk and throwing rocks at each other.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 11:14
pour rum and sand on the dog: Us fleas are getting drunk and throwing rocks at each other.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-14-2012, 11:43
It's the dollars (Euros, rubles, whatever) that count ultimately. The 1C Forum could be full of happy campers, but if the product doesn't sell -- the plug gets pulled. Conversely, if Cliffs of Dover was a box office hit but the 1C Forum was completely full of obnoxious malcontents -- the decision would be to still go ahead with The Sequel.

Crikey.. do I detect some actual business analysis being put forward in this discussion?

There is a small proviso though, the negative comments int he forums might have put off some people who would otherwise have bought the game, and contributed to its profitability.
However, I don't expect that would be many. Bad reviews in the popular press would have dealt a blow. And word of mouth (away from the forums) would also have had an effect.

Although, that said, since the last patch my squad has had 4 new guys buy the game. We only had 4 before, so we've doubled our purchases...

JG52_Krupi
Nov-14-2012, 12:23
Too little too late and preciously why I support flight sims I don't even play. Take rof for example it's flaws are well known to me yet I still support it.

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 13:18

Bye bye!

Blaming CLOD's failure on the community is disingenuous at best, tragically misguided at worst.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-14-2012, 13:42
Salute

All these suggestions the posters who complained on the boards are the reason the game failed are red herrings.

There were lots of complaints about the aircraft Flight Models of the original IL-2, and about the flight models in the followup expansions, but there was one difference, IL-2, and IL-2 FORGOTTEN BATTLES etc. were good to go 'out of the box'.

CLIFFS OF DOVER was not a complete product when it was issued. There were too many bugs, too poor flight models, too many omissions in the way of objects, too little in the way of functional campaigns, etc, etc. Those problems were noted by the mainstream Computer Game press, and the game got universally poor reviews. That is a fact. That was the reason it didn't sell well, not because a few players posted complaints on the boards.

The response by 1C was to focus most of its investment on a sequel set on a completely different front, requiring a large investment of money and time, instead of addressing the issues in CoD first, while releasing a smaller update. Remember IL-2? What did Oleg do after the release of IL-2? Within 6 months, he fixed the small issues, got the multiplayer up from 16 to 32, added the FW-190, the Stuka and the He-111 and generally worked out all the bugs. Then he started on FORGOTTEN BATTLES. In CoD this was not the path followed, the game remained in its bug ridden state, and the patience of those who had been loyal began to slip. More complaints on the boards reinforced the games reputation, and those few newcomers who might have considered purchasing the game were scared off.

Now a year and a half later, after a flurry of last minute improvements to the code and flight models, the game is finally approaching proper functionality, but its simply too late for those in management. After putting all this money into building a sequel, they have decided to cut their losses and cancel. Now maybe they know something we don't, maybe the game engine is unfix-able, but somehow I think this is just another one of those poor decisions we've seen out of 1C.

1. Release of the game in unfinished and buggy form
2. Failure to address the issues promptly after release
3. Decision to build an expensive sequel prior to fixing the original

Sad story, but not necessarily the end.

We still have a game engine which has lots of possibilities, given time and hard work. Which at this point seem likely to only come from the community. Its remotely possible, but I don't really believe 777 Studios are going to buy CoD, Jason is pretty straight forward, and he has given no indication he wants to take on the project, why would he be flying RoF all last weekend if he was hot and heavy in negotiations to buy. Meanwhile 1C has shown no indication they want to sell or have a buyer interested. Why would they fire the entire development crew, including the coders who know the engine, and who would be needed for continuity, if they had a buyer lined up?

I think its up to us. In my opinion we should follow these steps:

1. Get a statement out of 1C confirming what the status of the game is.
2. If that statement indicates the game has been scrapped, we should petition the company to release the game to the community. The only way 1C stands to recoup its losses through further sales is by having the game develop a modding community which takes the game further with new aircraft/maps/objects and addresses the issues with the code/flight models/etc. It is in their interest to release the code.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-14-2012, 14:28
Blaming CLOD's failure on the community is disingenuous at best, tragically misguided at worst.

Salute

All these suggestions the posters who complained on the boards are the reason the game failed are red herrings.

There were lots of complaints about the aircraft Flight Models of the original IL-2, and about the flight models in the followup expansions, but there was one difference, IL-2, and IL-2 FORGOTTEN BATTLES etc. were good to go 'out of the box'.

CLIFFS OF DOVER was not a complete product when it was issued. There were too many bugs, too poor flight models, too many omissions in the way of objects, too little in the way of functional campaigns, etc, etc. Those problems were noted by the mainstream Computer Game press, and the game got universally poor reviews. That is a fact. That was the reason it didn't sell well, not because a few players posted complaints on the boards.

The response by 1C was to focus most of its investment on a sequel set on a completely different front, requiring a large investment of money and time, instead of addressing the issues in CoD first, while releasing a smaller update. Remember IL-2? What did Oleg do after the release of IL-2? Within 6 months, he fixed the small issues, got the multiplayer up from 16 to 32, added the FW-190, the Stuka and the He-111 and generally worked out all the bugs. Then he started on FORGOTTEN BATTLES. In CoD this was not the path followed, the game remained in its bug ridden state, and the patience of those who had been loyal began to slip. More complaints on the boards reinforced the games reputation, and those few newcomers who might have considered purchasing the game were scared off.

Now a year and a half later, after a flurry of last minute improvements to the code and flight models, the game is finally approaching proper functionality, but its simply too late for those in management. After putting all this money into building a sequel, they have decided to cut their losses and cancel. Now maybe they know something we don't, maybe the game engine is unfix-able, but somehow I think this is just another one of those poor decisions we've seen out of 1C.

We still have a game engine which has lots of possibilities, given time and hard work. Which at this point seem likely to only come from the community. Its remotely possible, but I don't really believe 777 Studios are going to buy CoD, Jason is pretty straight forward, and he has given no indication he wants to take on the project, why would he be flying RoF all last weekend if he was hot and heavy in negotiations to buy. Meanwhile 1C has shown no indication they want to sell or have a buyer interested. Why would they fire the entire development crew, including the coders who know the engine, and who would be needed for continuity, if they had a buyer lined up?

2. If that statement indicates the game has been scrapped, we should petition the company to release the game to the community. The only way 1C stands to recoup its losses through further sales is by having the game develop a modding community which takes the game further with new aircraft/maps/objects and addresses the issues with the code/flight models/etc. It is in their interest to release the code.

Did I say they were the reason they failed NO. I said they are partialy to blame for the failure of the sequel, a very simple fact

vranac
Nov-14-2012, 14:47
Salute

Of course that the whiners affected sales.

Most of the whiners was people with old weak PCs, some of them was offline players, and some of them PC illiterate people.
Oleg was sayin way before the release that the new sim will be very demanding and that as old Il2 was made for offline play originally
and new one will have online focus.
My friend was playing this sim after release on weak AMD x2 and 9600GT 512MB VRAM and it was not good
but he was capable to jump in on Repka 4 and shoot some planes down.

For me sim was smooth after a few first patches but was not for the most of people(gtx560).

Fixing CloD wouldnt bring any considerable sales.We could say it is almooust fixed now, I don't think 1C would consider
stopping the project if they got sales.

And give it to a modding community is completly unrealistic.Why will they give for free something they financed soo long.
And which modding community ?
I have some insight in relationship between them because I know some of them.

Do you want this small online community to be divided and ruined like old Il2?

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 15:26
The whiners caused what seems now irreversible damage to the sequel and I will not forget this

That's a childish attitude, Krupi. If the game wasn't rubbish, there would have been far fewer "whiners" as you call us. But the game is rubbish, so there are lots of people who aren't satisfied with it.

Public reception and reviews always has an effect on sales, but that public reception and those reviews are direct results of the state of the product.

Blaming "whiners" for CLOD's failure is like blaming Mexicans for not buying the Ford Pinto. Why would Mexicans buy a car whose name translates to Portuguese slang as "small penis"? Why would our friends and squadmates buy a game that crashes constantly, has aircraft that can fly with no wings or tails, and abysmal flight models? The game is awful.

The simple fact is, the game was released in a shamefully bad state (even discounting performance issues), and that is not the fault of the community. It is the fault of the publishers and the developers. Continuing to insist that the "whiners" shoulder some of the blame for CLOD's failure is childish, and demonstrates a severe lack of critical thinking.

Bad games happen. Deal with it, and stop lashing out at those of us who aren't willing to lie and give the game 5/5 stars on some stupid review site. It is not our duty to buy the game, regardless of faults. It is the developers' duty to produce a game worthy of purchase.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-14-2012, 15:35
Errr Pinto does not mean that, thats BS just like the rest of your post.

Please could you tell me what other ww2 sim is out there now?

1946 with or without mods look bad has bad CEM... No thanks.

War Thunder bad CEM F2P, I was reading the other day that some bloke spent $100 just to get the plane he wanted early... WTF!

MG tried to push the genre further FOR THAT SIMPLE REASON THEY DESERVED OUT SUPPORT..

So come on tell me what are you going to play, 777 probably won't be able to produce a ww2 sim for a few years and even then we don't know what kind of CEM it will be getting.

The community should have supported that game more thats all I am saying and if you cannot realise this simple thing then bugger off.

BTW why is the game so err... Awful as you have stated?

I am sure your idiotic reasoning will give me a bit of a laugh at least.

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-14-2012, 15:42
The game is awful.

Doggles,

This has always been a place for open dialog and I can see the argument from both sides. The above is an opinion as in "one mans trash is another mans treasure".

Even with all its warts, CloD is what it is...fun. That is my opinion. I don't think it is awful, just needs a little more work...however at this point it will never have the opportunity to shine. For me, I'm not going to angry or upset, those are emotions that don't serve a purpose.

I'm just going to fly, have fun, and enjoy what we do have.

~S~

Deacon

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 15:43
Errr Pinto does not mean that, thats BS just like the rest of your post.Just looked it up, I was wrong, it's Portuguese, not Spanish. My bad.

Please could you tell me what other ww2 sim is out there now?Why is this relevant? It's not the community's responsibility to prop up a bad product. If there is market demand for a quality WWII sim, one will be made. That's how our economy works.

MG tried to push the genre further FOR THAT SIMPLE REASON THEY DESERVED OUT SUPPORT..Yeah, and they got our support. We bought their buggy game, knowing it was buggy, under the expectation that they would fix it. They haven't fixed it. The game is still f***ing terrible. The flight models are still garbage. The hitboxes and damage models are a joke. The CEM isn't much better than 1946. From what I understand there is still no dedicated server. VAC isn't enabled. The atmospheric model borders on silly. AI commands don't work. Offline is practically nonexistant. Shall I go on?

They used up any support they might have deserved already, and it was up to them to create a product worthy of the Maddox Games name. They failed. Oh well.

So come on tell me what are you going to play, 777 probably won't be able to produce a ww2 sim for a few years and even then we don't know what kind of CEM it will be getting.My life won't crumble around me if I don't have a WWII sim for a few years.

The community should have supported that game more thats all I am saying and if you cannot realise this simple thing then bugger off.I supported it plenty, by buying the game while it was still in Euro-only beta, knowing it was buggy. I'm not obligated to support it any further, and neither is the rest of the community. The game was bad and never got better. Why would I support them any further? Why would I throw more of my money away?

BTW why is the game so err... Awful as you have stated?You think that planes should be able to fly without wings or tail assemblies? I guess we have different definitions of what makes "a good game" vs "a bad game."

I am sure your idiotic reasoning will give me a bit of a laugh at least.Glad I could be of service. You sound like you're really upset; I'm happy I can cheer you up.

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 15:45
Doggles,

This has always been a place for open dialog and I can see the argument from both sides. The above is an opinion as in "one mans trash is another mans treasure".

Even with all its warts, CloD is what it is...fun. That is my opinion. I don't think it is awful, just needs a little more work...however at this point it will never have the opportunity to shine. For me, I'm not going to angry or upset, those are emotions that don't serve a purpose.

I'm just going to fly, have fun, and enjoy what we do have.

~S~

Deacon

Listen, I'm genuinely glad that you are having fun flying CLOD :thumbsup:

For me though, I don't think it's subjective to say the game is awful. It really is.

I'm not angry that the game is dead; I'm angry that certain characters who perhaps need to go outside a little more are intent on blaming myself and others for MG's lack of coding prowess.

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 15:48
Regarding the meaning of "pinto"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3208501.stm

Apologize.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 15:52
Guys,

Please no bashing at each other in this forum.
We all have opinions and we have the right to express them but, we don't have the right to attempt to impose those opinions on others.

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 15:54
Guys,

Please no bashing at each other in this forum.
We all have opinions and we have the right to express them but, we don't have the right to attempt to impose those opinions on others.

I'm not intent on bashing anyone; merely deflecting claims that I am somehow partially to blame for CLOD's demise.

vranac
Nov-14-2012, 15:58
Blaming "whiners" for CLOD's failure is like blaming Mexicans for not buying the Ford Pinto. Why would Mexicans buy a car whose name translates to Portuguese slang as "small penis"? Why would our friends and squadmates buy a game that crashes constantly, has aircraft that can fly with no wings or tails, and abysmal flight models? The game is awful.

The simple fact is, the game was released in a shamefully bad state (even discounting performance issues), and that is not the fault of the community. It is the fault of the publishers and the developers. Continuing to insist that the "whiners" shoulder some of the blame for CLOD's failure is childish, and demonstrates a severe lack of critical thinking.

In almoust 1500 h of flying I never saw planes flying without wings or tails.
FM and DM was in the process of tweaking and FM was never bad when you consider balance between planes and DM is miles away from other sims.

Could you please tell what are you doing here or on 1c forum if CloD is awful to you?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-14-2012, 15:59
Why will they give for free something they financed soo long?

Salute Vranac

We know for sure that CoD is not going to make any money if they don't release it, sales are flatlining now.

The only way that interest in the buying community is going to go up, and copies are going to sell is if the problems are fixed and new aircraft/objects/maps start to appear.

This is not impossible, there are a lot of resources out there and other games in the past have shown the ability to generate income far past the official development end through community creations.

Oleg said at the start that he wanted to open the game to the community to allow players to create maps and aircraft on their own. He built into the game or intended to add tools which could be used. He understood what the potential of the community was, but after he left, unfortunately 1C seemed to drop the ball completely on this. Now is their chance to retrieve something from this debacle.

CLIFFS OF DOVER is a new engine, it is not at the end of development possibilities, there is a great potential inherent in the game. If the company understands this, they stand to profit.

If they don't, I think the community will take charge of development anyway, but it will take a lot longer and be a lot more difficult, AND the interest and sales will be less.

Just looking at the game now, I can see any number of potential avenues where it could go. The simplest of these would not require too much work.

For example:

Malta 1940/41

Build a Malta map, mostly water, two small islands and a portion of the Sicilian mainland.

Add the following aircraft or make flyable:

Blenheim IVF : Only requires gunpod addition under the nose of existing plane, very simple
Flyable CR42: Requires cockpit
Flyable Gladiator: Requires cockpit
Ju-88C2: Requires solid sheet metal nose and underside on existing plane, with nose guns.

Add the existing planeset to the map and voila you have a new game which covers the period May 1940 - March 1941.

Or a night bombing campaign for autumn 1940/spring 1941:

Existing map

Blenheim IVF
Ju-88C2
Beaufighter IF (requires cockpit)

Plus the existing planeset, and a modification for moonlight illumination.

The potential for expansion is impressive, even working with the existing planes.

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 16:01
In almoust 1500 h of flying I never saw planes flying without wings or tails.There's video of it on the 1c forums. Go search.

FM and DM was in the process of tweaking and FM was never bad when you consider balance between planes and DM is miles away from other sims.I don't understand what this means.

Could you please tell what are you doing here or on 1c forum if CloD is awful to you?Ah yes, the "if you don't like what I like, then get out" attitude.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 16:11
requires cockpit

Trust me, is not that easy.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-14-2012, 16:18
Everyone has made their point.

I wish to remind everyone that the ATAG Forum is a friendly place, where there is open discussion, room for disagreement, and a chance to share ideas. It's been pointed out to me that this thread is going downhill a bit -- and as some here will acknowledge, I'm an expert on threads going downhill.....usually I'm at the root of it!

I'm asking everyone to take a deep breath, grudgingly accept that the other guy truly is an asshole, and then move on. :D

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-14-2012, 18:02
I've had requests to re-open this thread since this is the ONLY venue that the OP's topic is being discussed in such a detailed and open manner. I personally do not want, as forum moderator, to be the one to stop this important discussion. I detest having to censor, and will take it as a personal and deep insult to me if anyone forces me to do so.

I remind fellow ATAG members that everyone here are our guests and must be treated as such. It's perfectly fine to disagree with a guest's viewpoint. In fact, it's desirable for there to be disagreement in active discussion. But for any ATAG member to be rude to a guest, or make that guest feel uncomfortable or not wanted here is totally unacceptable. Please base ALL responses accordingly.

To our valued guests I offer a warm welcome, as always, and invite your thoughts, ideas, and discussion. For the sake of everyone here, please remember that we ATAGers are committed to keeping this forum a friendly place where mutual respect is paramount. Posts and responses MUST be based accordingly.

So, after a brief hiatus, please let the discussion continue......

Dutch
Nov-14-2012, 19:08
So, after a brief hiatus, please let the discussion continue......

Ah. Thankyou Snapper. Now I just have to remember what it was I said before the thread was so rudely closed :)

Erm.....hang on a minute...........Oh yes!

The last thing that all of the people who care about this game or games of this genre need, is for people to start hacking at eachother in order to establish 'Who is to blame?'.

We live in a culture of blame, whereby if a Volcano erupts in Iceland, flights are cancelled, and the first reaction from John Q. Public is 'Who do I sue?'

This issue has nothing to do with volcanoes, or fanboys, or whiners. It has to do with a business decision made by people, the names of whom we know not.

If anyone wants to get angry, criticize, swear, or otherwise vent their spleen, let them do it in the direction of the management of 1C. But please let's not take it out on eachother. We are after all 'Brothers in Arms' :sick:

But you know where I'm coming from. I hope. :)

Doc
Nov-14-2012, 19:10
Well said Dutch.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-14-2012, 19:19
Ah. Thankyou Snapper. Now I just have to remember what it was I said before the thread was so rudely closed :)

Erm.....hang on a minute...........Oh yes!

The last thing that all of the people who care about this game or games of this genre need, is for people to start hacking at eachother in order to establish 'Who is to blame?'.

We live in a culture of blame, whereby if a Volcano erupts in Iceland, flights are cancelled, and the first reaction from John Q. Public is 'Who do I sue?'

This issue has nothing to do with volcanoes, or fanboys, or whiners. It has to do with a business decision made by people, the names of whom we know not.

If anyone wants to get angry, criticize, swear, or otherwise vent their spleen, let them do it in the direction of the management of 1C. But please let's not take it out on eachother. We are after all 'Brothers in Arms' :sick:

Yeah I would have said the same thing until I realised what a bunch of ingrates the flight sim community actually has, you can sugar coat your shit anyway you want bad press means no sales and when people visited the forum and all they found was bitching the wall was written in the wall for COD, why do you think I argued so much over there? Certainly wasn't for my health, but I have seen the same thing happen in other games the small faults are pointed out and the achievements are left in the dust.

No ones to blame but the bean counters for closing the sequel down and whiners for making sure they had no excuse when they did it, its that simple.

Doesn't this whole episode strike you as familiar, ROF Neoqb different game same shit only difference is that were not going to get a good ww2 flight sim for a few more years.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 19:20
+1 (although where I come from we don't sue each other due to volcanoes. :) )

MadTommy
Nov-14-2012, 19:21

So it's those bloody Icelandic folk.. I knew we couldn't trust them, I've been saying it for years. :grrr:

Doggles
Nov-14-2012, 19:54
No ones to blame but the bean counters for closing the sequel down and whiners for making sure they had no excuse when they did it, its that simple.No. People who don't like a product are not to be blamed for the product's failure.

If the product was better, people would like it.

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-14-2012, 20:11
Okay, from my perspective there are valid points being made. However, some people need to chill out, agree to disagree and move on. We're an open forum and not everyone will always be in agreement.

What's going on at 1C or 777 or whatever will work itself out. Until we have FACTS the infighting among who is right or why is getting all of this nowhere. Nothing can nor will it be done until things do come to the surface, if ever.

So the bottom line, IMHO, is that we have CloD in its current state running on a wonderful server that always has something for everyone. If you don't fly the Sim because too much is "wrong", then don't fly...but please don't poison it for those who do come here to enjoy what we have.

This thread was locked once for a reason. It was re-opened to provide a needed venue to discuss Ivank's topic on why we need open dialog with 1C...not to nit pick or bitch with each other.

Please be respectful of each other even if you disagree. :ind:

Doc
Nov-14-2012, 20:18
I say we get in our planes and take our frustrations out on each other in a massive air battle. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-14-2012, 20:23
I say we get in our planes and take our frustrations out on each other in a massive air battle. :thumbsup:

I would love to right now, however it's going to be this weekend for me :) I hope there are many huge air battles this weekend :thumbsup:

Dutch
Nov-14-2012, 20:25
I would love to right now, however it's going to be this weekend for me :) I hope there are many huge air battles this weekend :thumbsup:

Which reminds me, when is this 'Angry Hedgehog' thing happening?

Just the kind of tonic required methinks. :D

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-14-2012, 20:36
Which reminds me, when is this 'Angry Hedgehog' thing happening?

Just the kind of tonic required methinks. :D

Don't know...Weds and Thurs are out for me...trying to find time to get back to flying. Finally got moved, had a hurricane followed by a Nor'easter that dumped snow on us, and have my kids every Weds and Thurs...I'm hopeful that things will be sufficiently quiet for some flying Friday & Saturday nights :)

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-14-2012, 20:45
Hello? :recon: For a minute there I thought I had entered the Bannana Forums by mistake ...... WOW!:doh: .... Honestly a couple of twigs (complaints) on the roof doesn't damage it ..... A ton of twigs (lot's of complaints) maybe attached to a small oak tree can very well damage that roof.

Look there is nothing wrong with an opion or a complaint as long as it is in context. There are no stupid people here (that I've seen) but sometime we 'MAY' do stupid things. Every now and then my wife has to call me down for griping, too much. She can only take so much.

As for CloD, we have what we have and IF or TILL something else comes along or the community mods this to a (hopefully) better state, I will enjoy it. I payed $60+tax for mine AFTER I did extensive reading of every forum I could on it. Then, as some of you, I bought it anyway. Now I'm not a terribly good flyer but I am enjoying myself and I do provide for a fair target at times.

IF you are continually mad at any one thing, it is NOT healthy. Things are as they are and unless some miracle appears on the horizon, it's either play CloD as it is or go do something else.

An opinion is SUBJECTIVE. Some may consider me OLD, I consider myself MATURE. What the hell differance does it make. :PP

miky
Nov-15-2012, 02:14
Yesterday I spent the whole evening with the developers in Moscow. You will learn all the details of the situation in a couple of weeks, and may be faster. Meanwhile I will say, that you will find positive information.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&page=452&p=1926423&viewfull=1#post1926423

Post #11299

eekz
Nov-15-2012, 03:13
Just wanted to post this information here, but miky was quicker. Seems we've got some hope!

Krupi, +1.

Ivank
Nov-15-2012, 03:16
Well 2 weeks is traditional ....But lets speculate a little, I reckon maybe a Sept 2013 release of a WWII DX9 based Sim with some limited types.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-15-2012, 04:35
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&page=452&p=1926423&viewfull=1#post1926423

Post #11299

Thanks Milky.

Can we dare to hope?

Tvrdi
Nov-15-2012, 04:40
Well 2 weeks is traditional ....But lets speculate a little, I reckon maybe a Sept 2013 release of a WWII DX9 based Sim with some limited types.

DX9? Well, why not? DX9 can look good too. And if we will have an optimised game with fundamental things working (like collision model for trees, realistic weather, clouds, dynamic shadows, COOP, working netcode, etc.) Im all for it. Last night I had a gret fun on ATAG. I shot down an spitfire 2 hihi. Yes, it was smooth (25 players on the server) although I was not longer than 30 mins there. But thers still so many things to desire like better clouds, collision model for trees, better in game anti aliasing, COOP mode etc. You know, if the game was in this state at the start (or lets say after first patch), all the negative criticism (or most of it) wouldnt happen at all and now we would have a completely different situation. Thats the key thing.
Calling me a whiner who indirectly affected cancelling their next project and contract is silly at least.
I was equally critical towards 777. I said it is unacceptable they didnt fix some of the biggest FM inaccuracies in the ROF. Though they fixed some of it long ago. Their PR is excellent (updates and communication with the community) though Jason could have a longer fuse IMHO and tends to somehow insult ppl who criticize. I pointed that out on SimHQ (with proof link) and the topic was deleted. Entirely. Sadly ATAG forum is the only place where you can speak freely. And like somebody said...we are all sim fans....egos should be left at home. Facts are there, everything else is just someones opinion.

vranac
Nov-15-2012, 05:28
Good news!!!

And a little more from DEDA

Thanks for the kind words about my humble person and the film. I was asked not chatter, and I keep his word. For those who care about the genre, and the veterans community to add that this is not a resuscitation of mummies or pleasant eye makeup. This is a new complex idea for the Eastern Front. The usefulness of the simulator in every sense, to be released not to Sanchez pockets on towns and villages of the country, and to close the target genre niche professional aviasimov. That's all. Enough to swing the censer!

@Buzzsaw I see what you mean,and I agree. B6 revealed yesterday that Oleg planned N Africa as next step after CloD but that idea was abandoned mainly because a wast number of
ships they have to model.

vranac
Nov-15-2012, 06:00
Ah yes, the "if you don't like what I like, then get out" attitude.

No.It was just curiosity.
I don't waste my time on things I don't like.

Ivank
Nov-15-2012, 06:00
So who is DEDA. It is my understanding that he concentrates on producing Videos He produced some for IL2. He was I believe one of the key guys to influence Oleg on using Sims like CLOD as a basis for High Quality video/film work. He is doing similar stuff with Gaijin and ROF sims.

Tvrdi
Nov-15-2012, 06:40

And if the game was released in this state (or even better, a completed game with collision model for trees and COOP, with proper PR with community etc.) there would be only few whiners :)...and most of the whining would be only about FM and DM...be sure... Not ot mention that we would probably have a sequel now in its beta stage. So, it was the reaction not the trigger. Out of 20 ppl from my squad (not ROF but IL2) Im the only one playing the CLOD (occasionally) and almost all of them bought the sim on release and msot of them have new rigs with powerfull cards...this speaks for itself.

vranac
Nov-15-2012, 07:22
So who is DEDA. It is my understanding that he concentrates on producing Videos He produced some for IL2. He was I believe one of the key guys to influence Oleg on using Sims like CLOD as a basis for High Quality video/film work. He is doing similar stuff with Gaijin and ROF sims.

If I understood right he is filming this series.
Very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DEDATV?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/user/DEDATV?feature=watch

Ivank
Nov-15-2012, 15:00
Yes that is him. Where he fits into the "current" 1C corporate structure is a bit of a mystery, though I believe he will be producing PR type game videos etc.

Doggles
Nov-15-2012, 21:01
All right, well now I'm confused. If it's been cancelled, why is DEDA doing video projects?

Tvrdi
Nov-16-2012, 04:53
They will make a tank sim :D

ATAG_Colander
Nov-18-2012, 16:52
The thread asking for information on the news section has been deleted.
Who's up to create the new one?

JG52_Krupi
Nov-18-2012, 18:36
The thread asking for information on the news section has been deleted.
Who's up to create the new one?

Well, that was just rude.

JG52_Krupi
Nov-18-2012, 18:52
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=482247#post482247

:D

MadTommy
Nov-19-2012, 03:56
No rebuke of the rumours in combination with the deletion of threads is looking extremely ominous to me.

The whole thing has put me off loading Clod, not loaded it for a couple of weeks and just feel like this has taken the wind out of my passion for it. :(

Tvrdi
Nov-19-2012, 04:14
I completely deleted CLOD from my rig. In the future who knows...I hope, once, we will all meet in the virtual sky (agaoin) and wont be involved into this absurdity. All the best to all of you and take my appologie if I ever insulted (in any way) anyone. I RL I would buy you a beer. Im just to passionate about things I love lol
Cheers!
:thumbsup:

JG52_Krupi
Nov-19-2012, 11:07
It's gone again, whose turn is it now?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-19-2012, 14:25
They locked the news section! :)
We'll need another place to create the thread.

Dutch
Nov-19-2012, 15:32
I just remembered how long it is since we saw this vid........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHc04iRFFwA

It was back in February. If they've been working hard on the sequel for all the time we were saddled with Beta patches, the sequels must've been well advanced by the 'milestone' point last month. Judging by the series of screenshots also shown, the a/c models must also have been well advanced, although we weren't shown any cockpits as far as I can remember.

Shame.

It's also interesting that Jason Williams posted this 'mini-update' on 18th Oct. Now I wonder why he chose that date?

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=33341

Ivank
Nov-19-2012, 17:01
Well readers of this forum know what happened around 18 Oct :)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-19-2012, 17:07
They locked the news section! :)
We'll need another place to create the thread.

HAH! they locked the whole section!!!
I have found something called the "updates" area of the 1C forum.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=482489#post482489

ATAG_Colander
Nov-19-2012, 17:14
HAH! they locked the whole section!!!
I have found something called the "updates" area of the 1C forum.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=482489#post482489

Hahahaha under "Men of War" :)

JG52_Krupi
Nov-19-2012, 17:16
HA pstyle that the men of war game thread, use this ;)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=87

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-19-2012, 17:18
Hahahaha under "Men of War" :)

ooopS!

Oh well..... They can move it or delete it.
MY interest in that forum is now purely in the category "entertainment".

JG52_Krupi
Nov-19-2012, 17:19
ooopS!

Oh well..... They can move it or delete it.
MY interest in that forum is now purely in the category "entertainment".

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-19-2012, 17:26
OK

I have added one more:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=482497#post482497

Note the spelling mistake in my sign-off.

Dutch
Nov-19-2012, 19:35
OK

I have added one more:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=482497#post482497

Note the spelling mistake in my sign-off.

Best spelling mistake I've seen for a long time. :thumbsup:

Old_Canuck
Nov-19-2012, 19:59
I completely deleted CLOD from my rig. In the future who knows...I hope, once, we will all meet in the virtual sky (agaoin) and wont be involved into this absurdity. All the best to all of you and take my appologie if I ever insulted (in any way) anyone. I RL I would buy you a beer. Im just to passionate about things I love lol
Cheers!

No hard feelings Tvrdi [slides hari kari knife back in drawer].

Tvrdi
Nov-20-2012, 07:35
No hard feelings Tvrdi [slides hari kari knife back in drawer].

6S.Insuber
Nov-24-2012, 06:11
I've the feeling that 1:C now considers us CloD customers a PITA. The combat flight sims have proven to be no longer profitable for them, and this bunch of choosy, noisy, finicky arseholes (us) is a dead horse for them. Not customers - creditors .... Maybe it's my delusion, but I feel like that ... ;-)

Doc
Nov-24-2012, 08:34
I've the feeling that 1:C now considers us CloD customers a PITA. The combat flight sims have proven to be no longer profitable for them, and this bunch of choosy, noisy, finicky arseholes (us) is a dead horse for them. Not customers - creditors .... Maybe it's my delusion, but I feel like that ... ;-)

We all do join the club! We're getting pitch forks and torches and meeting behind the barn at noon!! Lets go! :)

ATAG_Colander
Nov-24-2012, 11:51
We all do join the club! We're getting pitch forks and torches and meeting behind the barn at noon!! Lets go! :)

We can't. The pitch forks and barns where only modeled for the sequel in Russia.

Doc
Nov-24-2012, 11:58
We can't. The pitch forks and barns where only modeled for the sequel in Russia.

Tha's true. :doh:

Tvrdi
Nov-29-2012, 08:15
Im feelin better now when I learned theres no hope for CLOD and that ROF wouldnt see FM revision anytime soon. However I know there will be more hardcore sims for me in the future along with the Oculus 3D virtual headset! ahahahah

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-29-2012, 10:05
Im feelin better now when I learned theres no hope for CLOD and that ROF wouldnt see FM revision anytime soon. However I know there will be more hardcore sims for me in the future along with the Oculus 3D virtual headset! ahahahah

Just for my curiousity Tvrdi, what did you pay for your CloD?

Tvrdi
Nov-29-2012, 16:34
Just for my curiousity Tvrdi, what did you pay for your CloD?

You mean, how much? Around 45 bucks....which is (translated to our economics and standard) around 300 bucks

ATAG_Colander
Nov-29-2012, 16:42
Hi Tvrdi,

Yes, we tend to forget the difference in cost of living in many countries and how $50 can be not much in one and a lot in another one!

Colander.

Edit: The same applies to people!

Tvrdi
Nov-29-2012, 17:12
Hi Tvrdi,

Yes, we tend to forget the difference in cost of living in many countries and how $50 can be not much in one and a lot in another one!

Colander.

Edit: The same applies to people!

But, TBH its not the money I regret for....

ATAG_Colander
Nov-29-2012, 17:16
But, TBH its not the money I regret for....

And that's why this thread was started, to ask for information about the future, if any, of the series.

miky
Nov-30-2012, 04:08
From DEDA from Sukhoi.ru (Google Translate :) )

Information on the new simulator is being prepared. As far as I'm concerned, to hold it no one is going, and resolved technical issues. For example, the site should be done. Date, no one called, and I did not ask. Give technical information on cues from Novosibirsk. Delve into the history of the problem and looking for interesting facts. Something like this ...

Информация по новому симулятору готовится. Насколько я могу судить, придерживать ее никто не собирается, а решаются технические моменты. К примеру, сайт делать нужно. Дату никто не называл, а я и не спрашивал. Даю техническую информацию по репликам из Новосибирска. Копаюсь в истории вопроса и ищу интересные факты. Как-то так

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&page=467&p=1934734&viewfull=1#post1934734

New simulator - Sequel.

Tvrdi
Nov-30-2012, 04:09
And that's why this thread was started, to ask for information about the future, if any, of the series.

Let us hold our hands in a circle, eyes at the moon :)

Kidding aside, I would like to hear wtf is going on too, but my hope is weak..

ATAG_Colander
Nov-30-2012, 09:29
I'm not holding my breath.
Why do they send the "camera guy" to do status updates?
Why has no one been able to tell us "hey, we are still working on it"?

There might be news but not the ones we would like to hear (read)

Doc
Nov-30-2012, 12:00
Cuz you know why? Most of the people believe it and hang on ever vowel. And they're laughing their asses off. And I mean big-o-shaky belly laughing laugh.

Dutch
Nov-30-2012, 12:29
All I know, is that I'm getting exceedingly cheesed off with scouring forums for any info, and the best anyone can highlight is some vague hint from a bloke who says he has vague links to what are now vague developers.

It's all just too damned vague and it's spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-30-2012, 12:42
All I know, is that I'm getting exceedingly cheesed off with scouring forums for any info, and the best anyone can highlight is some vague hint from a bloke who says he has vague links to what are now vague developers.

It's all just too damned vague and it's spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

Dutch,

Just remember the acronym FIDO... as in "F*%K It Drive On" ... we'll know what we know when we know it. Until then, nothing is gospel. This attitude will allow you to wash yourself of your sins and fly with wretched abandon :devilish:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-30-2012, 12:47
My attitude is more "what we have is all we'll get".
If latter on we get something more, I'll be happy, if not, I will not be disappointed.

Ivank
Nov-30-2012, 17:28
Total speculation on my part :)

"New Simulator" ...means ROF based WWII sim , will include some 3D stuff from BOM/BOS target release date Sept 2013. Announcement of same mid to late December 2012. .... I hope I am wrong.

Dutch
Nov-30-2012, 20:41
Total speculation on my part :)

"New Simulator" ...means ROF based WWII sim , will include some 3D stuff from BOM/BOS target release date Sept 2013. Announcement of same mid to late December 2012. .... I hope I am wrong.

A Russian Government Sponsored conglomeration of 'experts' in the form of an entirely new organisation financed by Viktor the World of Tanks Bloke in partnership with the Russian Aerospace and History Federation is my speculation.

Released by Spring 2013, and featuring the La7 FM from the original IL2 series, versus 109Fs which fly like herniated dog poo. And including a transonic version of the I-16. But there will be snow.

On the other hand, nothing will happen, Rise of Flight will release it's Channel Map, which doesn't extend as far as London because the engine wouldn't cope with the number of buildings, but they'll tell us it's because no-one wants to fly that far anyway. Then they'll release some WWII a/c and say 'Well we couldn't build an entirely new map just for this. Anyone fancy a mug of Borscht?'.

There again, nothing may happen. At all.

Edit: Sorry about that folks. :D

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-30-2012, 20:46
a russian government sponsored conglomeration of 'experts' in the form of an entirely new organisation financed by viktor the world of tanks bloke in partnership with the russian aerospace and history federation is my speculation.

Released by spring 2013, and featuring the la7 fm from the original il2 series, versus 109fs which fly like herniated dog poo. And including a transonic version of the i-16. But there will be snow.

On the other hand, nothing will happen, rise of flight will release it's channel map, which doesn't extend as far as london because the engine wouldn't cope with the number of buildings, but they'll tell us it's because no-one wants to fly that far anyway. Then they'll release some wwii a/c and say 'well we couldn't build an entirely new map just for this. Anyone fancy a mug of borscht?'.

Edit: Sorry about that folks. :d

winner!!! :pp

Dutch
Nov-30-2012, 20:52
winner!!! :pp

Thanks mate!

ATAG_Colander
Nov-30-2012, 20:53
A Russian Government Sponsored conglomeration of 'experts' in the form of an entirely new organisation financed by Viktor the World of Tanks Bloke in partnership with the Russian Aerospace and History Federation is my speculation.

Released by Spring 2013, and featuring the La7 FM from the original IL2 series, versus 109Fs which fly like herniated dog poo. And including a transonic version of the I-16. But there will be snow.

On the other hand, nothing will happen, Rise of Flight will release it's Channel Map, which doesn't extend as far as London because the engine wouldn't cope with the number of buildings, but they'll tell us it's because no-one wants to fly that far anyway. Then they'll release some WWII a/c and say 'Well we couldn't build an entirely new map just for this. Anyone fancy a mug of Borscht?'.

Edit: Sorry about that folks. :D

That sounds great (compared to the alternative) :)

eekz
Dec-01-2012, 17:35
Not a speculation, but a word from a man who helps the developers:
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&p=1935516&viewfull=1#post1935516

Translation (i'll make the post more formal, as I dont know approriate English idioms to replace Russian ones, and don't want to distort the sense of his post due to this).
DEDA writes:
"I cant give you any detailed information, as I am not in competence to do so. The only thing I can advice you is to wait until official announcement. Yes, I know exact details of what is planned, but I cant publicly disclose them. I've already said it enough about the simulator that is under development. Everything about it have been decided. It will be Eastern Front. Genre, budget, setting - everything is decided and approved. The development is going on. However any details are secret information. Announcement? It will happen when the time will come and when everything is ready for it. In regular regime. There is no point to ask for it every day. I personally know the producer of the project and can assure you that the main goal is the quality of the final product. After Oleg left the team, there was a major issue with that."

DEDA is reliable source. Many of you may know his films about Russian aircrafts of WWII ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDOz7tvXvk ) and now he helps the developers with technical documentation.

In my humble opinion the main thing we would like to know is there. New simulator is under development.

Doc
Dec-01-2012, 17:48
Not a speculation, but a word from man who helps developers:
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&p=1935516&viewfull=1#post1935516

Translation (i'll make the post more formal, as I dont know approriate English idioms to replace Russian ones, and don't want to distort the sense of his post due to this).
DEDA writes:
"I cant give you any detailed information, as I am not in competence to do so. The only thing I can advice you is to wait until official announcement. Yes, I know exact details of what is planned, but I cant publicly disclose them. I've already said it enough about the simulator that is under development. Everything about it have been decided. It will be Eastern Front. Genre, budget, setting - everything is decided and approved. The development is going on. However any details are secret information. Announcement? It will happen when the time will come and when everything is ready for it. In regular regime. There is no point to ask for it every day. I personally know the producer of the project and can assure you that the main goal is the quality of the final product. After Oleg left the team, there was a major issue with that."

DEDA is reliable source. Many of you may know his films about Russian aircrafts of WWII ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDOz7tvXvk ) and now he helps the developers with technical documentation.

In my humble opinion the main thing we would like to know is there. New simulator is under development.

I believe it when I see it. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-01-2012, 18:24
I believe it when I see it. :thumbsup:

+1

Thank you for the update, eekz.

Dutch
Dec-01-2012, 19:32
DEDA is reliable source.

Thanks very much. As you recommend him so highly, I can guarantee you that I will hang on his every past, present and future word. And yours as well. In fact I give you full credence such that, if you should amalgamate a sufficient following of '+1s', I could possibly even allow the use of the collective nomenclature of ' a cult'.

Catseye
Dec-02-2012, 18:50
snip . . . . I personally know the producer of the project and can assure you that the main goal is the quality of the final product. After Oleg left the team, there was a major issue with that."

Now this is a very telling statement!
Is the implication that the management team did not live up to the quality expectations and there will be changes there?

Hmmmmm, just thinking out loud.

Doc
Dec-02-2012, 19:08
You could look at this this way.

What other way would you tell your boss? Quantity over quality? What he said is the only answer.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-02-2012, 19:42
Careful how you read that. Is not the same producing a quality silver spoon than producing a quality steel spoon.
I'm afraid we'll be offered the steel spoon instead of the silver spoon we are hoping for.

Tvrdi
Dec-04-2012, 04:39
After theyv been told there wouldnt be FM revisions in Rise of flight, North Korean ppl received their first copies of CLOD (without suspicious antiepileptic filter) and was asked to watch Titanic to cheer up....but all that was too much for them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kPCnSK7f0gk#t=4s

Cassius
Dec-04-2012, 05:32
Only good or nothing about the dead. Original post here
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=78038&p=1936600&viewfull=1#post1936600

"Let's remember CLOD and unborn Battle for Moscow.
The team fired.
Luther ran away back to the United States."
Who knows about it?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-04-2012, 10:40
Thanks Cassius,

And the user got banned. You can see how "independent" from 1C that forum is.
So, don't expect any real information to appear on that forum.

Colander.

vranac
Dec-04-2012, 15:31
He was banned by B6 because of the insulting tone( word) in the last sentence.
For example he could have writen "went to States" and nothing would happen to him.

Posted by Harh
Look, I do not know whether to close, or leave ... Why this thread,why all of that ... About Luthier everything long ago said. A friend Youss 4.00(probably infraction points in the past) can still remember

Posted by Blacksix
Yes,with this topic is difficult to do something as no official info, denying or confirming. But here's the last sentence from this fellow, I clearly see the card of 10 points for the insult that I gave him with pleasure.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D78038%26s%3D414592169b016e9ae b7fe008df8b4333%26p%3D1936668%26viewfull%3D1&usg=ALkJrhjO0ruCsS5VNIAnq5jMgRuCLUME3Q#post1936668

There is no connection between 1C and sukhoi , just friendly connections with developers( for years).

Also if I remember right Youss was with MG and was fired.

But what I can't understand is flood of guys playin ROF resurrected in that thread beating the dead horse.

Cassius
Dec-04-2012, 15:51
He was banned for the impolite phrase of Luther's departure to the States. Not for the actual information about the project. I think it just tired of all the readers and moderators and even developers. However ... Lack of SDK in CLOD is impossible to create a full project with the front line and active combat with bombers. Now CLOD is war fighters only. Official information about the game is missing. And now we have what we have. If on December 22, we will meet to do some fighting with each other, then it will be something ...
P.S. Vranac was first when I typed.))

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-04-2012, 17:41
"Luther (sic) ran away back to the States".

That apparently gets you banned at Sukhoi, that would NOT get you banned from this forum. I'm with Colander on this one.

JG52_Krupi
Dec-04-2012, 19:14
So your comparing the Sukhoi forum with the ATAG forum :recon:

Might want to check that, last time I looked we didnt have any members (or former members :PP ) of MG acting as moderators!

ATAG_Colander
Dec-04-2012, 19:41
The main difference is this:
If not written in russian, is not true.

Hence, the above line is not true.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-04-2012, 19:47
Hmm, there's NO comparison to the two forums, Krupi. The ATAG forum has no affiliation whatsoever with 1C. Short of libel or slander, you can express an honest opinion on 1C's handling of Cliffs of Dover without fear of ban or infraction. Not so with the Sukhoi Forum, as we've just seen.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-04-2012, 20:33
...Not so with the Sukhoi Forum, as we've just seen.

And the ones we have not seen

miky
Dec-05-2012, 01:43
Short of libel or slander, you can express an honest opinion on 1C's handling of Cliffs of Dover without fear of ban or infraction. Not so with the Sukhoi Forum, as we've just seen.
You're wrong. "Сдристнул" it's not "ran away". It was said in an insulting manner. Earlier I posted a message of Ivank (from here) on sukhoi and was a long discussion without interference of moders.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-05-2012, 08:57
You're wrong. "Сдристнул" it's not "ran away". It was said in an insulting manner. Earlier I posted a message of Ivank (from here) on sukhoi and was a long discussion without interference of moders.

So, the poster got BANNED for that? And that makes ME wrong? Gimme a break. :doh: