PDA

View Full Version : Rearm and Refuel Bug

Doc
Nov-10-2012, 14:25
I tested out this today and was surprised to find that I could take off from England in a Spintfire Ia and fly to Boulogne France, land then rearm and refuel successfully. Is this intended to be so?

This allows a few players to CAP both fighters bases and the bomber base at Ligescourt. Hit planes on the ground, land at any number of close bases and get up and continue. It doesn't seem very intuitive to allow this since you could have 3-4 players cover that entire area and prevent anyone from taking off.

I thought the <rr would only work at a friendly base.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-10-2012, 17:23
I'll check but is certainly not supposed to allow it

Doc
Nov-10-2012, 18:10
Indeed it is. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-10-2012, 18:50
Error found.

The airports don't have an army assigned so I'm now looking at which side of the front the airport is.

I'll probably hold for another changes before putting it live.

Salmo
Nov-10-2012, 21:54
Can you consider allowing mission builders to put the RR in their custom menus (not chat bar) & include a countdown (or up) timer to completion in the player's HUD. Would also be useful (in due course) to attached RR functionality to the presence of 'fuel' & 'rearm' objects at an airfield.

Refuel
1. If an airfield has a fuel store (or similar object) then refuel is allowed. No fuel store, no refuel.
2. Thus when enemy to destroys the refuel object the ability to rarm at the airfield is not available.
3. Refuel rate proportional to distance to fuel store. Closer to the store the faster refuel rate.

Rearm
1. If an airfield has a gunnery store (or similar object) then refuel is allowed. No building object, no rearm.
2. Thus when enemy to destroys the rearm object the ability to rarm at the airfield is not available.
3. Rearm rate proportional to distance to rearm object. Closer to the object the faster rearm rate.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-10-2012, 22:28
Salmo,

I thought of that but I did it like this so is 100% independent of the mission. The reasons, so it works on the missions that already exist and for the mission builders to not have to worry about it.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Nov-11-2012, 07:21
Salmo,

I thought of that but I did it like this so is 100% independent of the mission. The reasons, so it works on the missions that already exist and for the mission builders to not have to worry about it.

Thank you. :thumbsup: