PDA

View Full Version : adjusting game display questions

dog1
Jan-11-2017, 23:26
hello

i have just installed the game on my gamer pc and i have just 4 questions:

1) when zooming down on the map in FMB i see a very thin mist layer before i hit the ground , when on the ground the scenery is rich and normal. is this correct ?
2) there are flicking lines across my propeller at any speed and i dont see the cross hair in the gunsight .
3) what do i need the spawn points displayed for since i can set my objects wether static or dynamic anywhere ,can i remove them and how ?
4) i have set antialaising at 4 at random , what do you advise is the correct setting ?
NB) i am using Nvidia 368.81 driver and the scenery and cockpit details are very good .
pls advise
regards
dog1

BOO
Jan-12-2017, 04:25
hello

i have just installed the game on my gamer pc and i have just 4 questions:

1) when zooming down on the map in FMB i see a very thin mist layer before i hit the ground , when on the ground the scenery is rich and normal. is this correct ?
2) there are flicking lines across my propeller at any speed and i dont see the cross hair in the gunsight .
3) what do i need the spawn points displayed for since i can set my objects wether static or dynamic anywhere ,can i remove them and how ?
4) i have set antialaising at 4 at random , what do you advise is the correct setting ?
NB) i am using Nvidia 368.81 driver and the scenery and cockpit details are very good .
pls advise
regards
dog1

I think i can answer 2 of the 4

- The flickering line is screen tear - if you are using full screen mode on (for instance) a 60htz monitor and your card is pushing more frames than 60 it will cause tearing - Vsync stops this. Most find disabling the game vsync and using the adaptive vsync in the nvidia control panel gives the best results. Adaptive vsync seems to stop micro stutters from happening.

- you need to turn the gunsight on. you can do this by assigining a ket in the control (site illumination) or by clicking the switch in game if you can find it.

AA in Clod is bugged at the present - its on or off - anything other than "off" is on.

There are settings and things that you can do to improve in game AA and you'll find threads all over the forum - My suggestion is try 1 thing at once and note down what you did so you can go back and undo it if it has a negative effect on the game. Some people use the FXAA setting in the Nvidia control panel but this has the negative effect of making scenes blurry (you'll notice this on the feilds below you) and affects contact spotting. Some use Sweet FX or its Win 10 friendly versions (look for posts by KELSO). Some live with a bit of jaggle and the best chance of spotting distant contacts.

Hope this helps

BOO

dog1
Jan-12-2017, 05:09
HI BOO
found the gunsight key and the synch was not turned on cause i didnt know what it was for ,"we dont have it in IL2",turning it on solved the issue. For AA i'll just leave it at 4 as on and hope for the better . i have my Nvidia 1060 set on default ,i dont touch the settings anymore since years cause i find the quality at default has improved so much together with improvements in monitors etc ,10-15 years ago we spent more time fooling around to get better FPS ,image etc etc than play,i originally come from CFS2 at SOH website for many years before migrating to IL2 moded . thanks for the help most appreciated .

Mysticpuma
Jan-12-2017, 13:12
Do you have the Team Fusion patches installed yet?

dog1
Jan-13-2017, 02:44
yes offcourse , right from the start and tested in between , cache emptied at start . waitting for your next one with africa map etc...