PDA

View Full Version : Eagle's First Mission Spitfire Ia Campaign

71st_AH_Eagle
Nov-12-2012, 15:14
So I have flown my first mission for my campaign that I took conclusive screens with but I attempted one earlier but forget screens. :doh:

So I was getting ready to take off from Hawkings for my first flight.
I then proceeded to activate the fuel cock and engage my ignition to start my aircraft. Waited inside of my hanger while I warmed up.
I then promptly taxi out of the hanger and take off into the skies just above tree level, getting ready to climb up to higher altitudes.
Then suddenly my engine starts dying on me. I forgot to open my radiator and my engine overheated. You can see the orange flame on it from the overheating. :doh:
I then am able to make it back to Hawkings and successfully crash land. But isn't any landing that you can walk away from a good landing? :)

So there you have it my first sortie in this Campaign. So far, no kills and one damaged airframe. Hopefully I can make it decently far. I'm not a fighter pilot really, I am more of an attack/ bomber pilot and there are time that I will be doing that but I think that the next time one will be uploaded will be on Friday. Hopefully I can get at least 1 kill in this campaign before I die. After this set is complete, I'll probably start one for a bomber type aircraft that I'll probably will choose myself but it will probably be something unique. Feel free to ask any questions regarding this series of missions. All are flown online on ATAG.

:salute:
Eagle, Master of Stealth

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-13-2012, 09:30
Ha! Good report! I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to open my rad on take off -- usually when tired or the airfield is under attack! :doh:

I can tell you've come under the influence of our esteemed American RAF fliers: Hawkinge (not "Hawkings") is pronounced Hawk-inj (as in Honest Injun!). Then again, I still call Lympne "Limp Pony" instead of "Limm" -- so who am I to teach phonetics? LOL

Good to see you in that most beautiful of fighters.....our beloved Spitfire! :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Nov-13-2012, 22:43
Ha! Good report! I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to open my rad on take off -- usually when tired or the airfield is under attack! :doh:

I can tell you've come under the influence of our esteemed American RAF fliers: Hawkinge (not "Hawkings") is pronounced Hawk-inj (as in Honest Injun!). Then again, I still call Lympne "Limp Pony" instead of "Limm" -- so who am I to teach phonetics? LOL

Good to see you in that most beautiful of fighters.....our beloved Spitfire! :thumbsup:

Thing is, we were not under attack so I pretty much have no excuse for it other than me being forgetful. Oh well.

Snapper, I'm an American teenager with a mind of an older European due to influence of my own and this game. I couldn't remember which one it was so I just guessed on which one and I got it wrong. :ind:Oh well, I'll have to remember that for next time.

I in all honesty, love the Hurricane a lot more. Better turn radius, easier to land, better focused shooting spread, etc. just don't know why I don't like.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-13-2012, 22:47
a mind of an older European

Older people tends to forget things like opening the rads :)

Old_Canuck
Nov-14-2012, 02:57

Hey - I resemble that remark.:grrr:

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-14-2012, 08:49

You young whippersnappers think you're so......um.......forgot what I was going to say.....:ind:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 10:34
Hey - I resemble that remark.:grrr:

I apologize :)

Old_Canuck
Nov-14-2012, 11:03
I apologize :)

:bsign:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 11:10
:bsign:

I don't know which one you like so here you go:

http://blogsensebybarb.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/beer.jpg

71st_AH_Eagle
Nov-14-2012, 15:02

What I mean by that is a lot of the music that I listen to comes from Europe in the 17th to 19th century and other styles that I somehow adopted, not in physical age and abilities. :PP

I don't know which one you like so here you go:

http://blogsensebybarb.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/beer.jpg

:ind: Of course, really Colander? I'm underaged by 5 years and the smell of alcohol makes me almost pass out. :stunned: Now I'm going to hide behind my little fence. :recon:

:salute:
Eagle

ATAG_Colander
Nov-14-2012, 15:13
Eagle,

The beers are not for you but for Old_Canuck. Underage drinking is not allowed at the ATAG forums!! :D

71st_AH_Eagle
Nov-14-2012, 22:01
Eagle,

The beers are not for you but for Old_Canuck. Underage drinking is not allowed at the ATAG forums!! :D

Good because I don't want to pass out (almost did when my father invited some friends over). I guess I'll just have blueberry soda then.

Anyone have an idea on what I should try to target for my next mission (fighters or bombers)?