PDA

View Full Version : Idea for TF 5.0 - Smoother +/- % for Keys

SharkBait
Jan-30-2017, 17:26
Good day everyone,

I asked a question about this in another forum and wanted to offer a suggestion / request for the TF team based on the answers I received. If this post should go somewhere else, please point me to it and I'll gladly delete it here and move it there.

I do not have a throttle quadrant, so I have bound all of my engine controls (throttle, radiators, prop pitch, etc.) to the keyboard. The inconvenience I am experiencing is that the up/down inputs seem limited to 5% increments (e.g., I can only go from 0% throttle to 5%, then 10%, and so on). It would be great if the next TF patch would allow us to set the sensitivity settings for these controls so that I can make more fine adjustments (e.g., if 13% throttle seems to be perfect for my landing approach I'd like to be able to set it to 13% without having to go back and forth between 10% and 15% to maintain my airspeed at the sweet spot). The same would go for other controls (e.g. radiators).

Related to this is the ability to adjust how quickly the value ticks up/down. For example, assuming that we are now able to move in 1% increments, it'd be great if I can control how quickly I can go from 1% to 100% (whether it's 5 or 10 seconds of holding down a certain key). This can be linear or exponential (maybe an option to choose). This would also help with the camera zoom settings since at this point the camera zooms seem way too sensitive (zooms in/out too quickly). And things like prop pitch (e.g., in a Bf 109E-1) could tick up/down faster in my opinion.

Please let me know what you guys think and if there is already a way to do this, I'd appreciate the input! Again, if this post should be somewhere else, please point me in the right direction.

o7

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-30-2017, 18:21
i already replyed on the original thread you made about this :)

SharkBait
Jan-30-2017, 18:39
Yes, you are right Lolsav! Your answer was much appreciated (though you said I cannot do what I'd like to do...). That's why I'm making a suggestion to the developers of TF mod 5.0 (if they check these forums at all!) to enable this functionality.

farley
Jan-30-2017, 20:08
Hi SharkBait.

There is a thread inside the "Team Fusion Public Discussion" forum where you can place suggestions on changes you would like to see in Cliffs.

It is found here, under "BUG TRACKING AND ERROR REPORTING".

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101

The lovely bunch at TF follow this thread closely, and do a great job of listening to all concerns.

I was going to add "But they can't work magic", and immediately thought "Well they do all the time!"

So feel free to add your suggestions and hopes and dreams regarding CloD, and they will take note.:thumbsup:

1lokos
Jan-30-2017, 20:49
For example, assuming that we are now able to move in 1% increments, it'd be great if I can control how quickly I can go from 1% to 100% (whether it's 5 or 10 seconds of holding down a certain key). This can be linear or exponential (maybe an option to choose). This would also help with the camera zoom settings since at this point the camera zooms seem way too sensitive (zooms in/out too quickly). And things like prop pitch (e.g., in a Bf 109E-1) could tick up/down faster in my opinion.

You already had commands for "instantly" 100% power, 100% P.Pitch (typical "gamey" options, legacy of IL-2:46)... Look at "AIRCRAFT" section.

SharkBait
Jan-30-2017, 21:16
Thanks farley! I will move this suggestion to the thread you mention.

1lokos, that is a good point. I guess the idea I was trying to get across was the ability to customize the slider sensitivity (i.e., how quickly you want values to change depending on how long you hold down a button).