PDA

View Full Version : Dynamix Part III - Historical photos

FightingSteel1
Feb-03-2017, 16:37
I'm posting some of these photos that were provided to me as a companion to my Dynamix developer articles. These photos were to be used in game/documentation/manuals for the company. I don't know if some of these have been posted before, but I think they are pretty interesting. Some good views of Luftwaffe aircraft and several are from North Africa.

See here for Part III of my article and a story about the usage of these photos: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/entry.php?b=192

FightingSteel1
Feb-03-2017, 16:38
Some more photos.

FightingSteel1
Feb-03-2017, 16:40
And some more.

FightingSteel1
Feb-03-2017, 17:01
I've got more.

FightingSteel1
Feb-03-2017, 17:13
I'm not done, here is the last bit.

ATAG_Ezzie
Feb-04-2017, 00:11
Thanks for posting these images and the article FS. Sad that the game never made it out the door as it sounded very interesting.

Ezzie

JG4_Thorwald
Feb-11-2017, 10:56
Hello FightingSteel1!
These are really very interesting and successful photos.
I do not know if they are subsequently colored afterward (it seems obviously and I think so), in any case they are very "Impressive!"
In particular, I am always happy to see good pictures of the 110 ...

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Bewolf
Feb-11-2017, 12:05
The FW200 is such a beautiful plane and as the first transatlantic passenger aircraft it imho deserves much more recognition in aeroplane history.

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!

FightingSteel1
Feb-11-2017, 17:31
Hello FightingSteel1!
These are really very interesting and successful photos.
I do not know if they are subsequently colored afterward (it seems obviously and I think so), in any case they are very "Impressive!"
In particular, I am always happy to see good pictures of the 110 ...

Thanks for that :thumbsup:
Thank you everyone for checking these out!

They do seem like they were colorized, but I don't really have any details. My understanding is that the images came from a period Luftwaffe photo album/book the company found, hence the "copyright" issue mentioned in my article. I really like the image of the 110's flying by the Cliffs in the third post above.

wheelsup_cavu
Mar-02-2017, 00:29
Some pretty amazing photos. :thumbsup:
Had Desert Fighters shipped and worked pretty close to what was intended it would have been awesome.

Wheels

Bart_NL
May-20-2017, 13:48
Thank you everyone for checking these out!

They do seem like they were colorized, but I don't really have any details. My understanding is that the images came from a period Luftwaffe photo album/book the company found, hence the "copyright" issue mentioned in my article. I really like the image of the 110's flying by the Cliffs in the third post above.

These pictures are most probably from the Nazi propaganda magazine "Signal". At least the picture of the 110's is: http://www.ioffer.com/i/wwii-german-magazine-signal-13-numbers-magazines-1940-612245882

Google for "signal german propaganda magazine".