PDA

View Full Version : TS overlay not working

Pans
Feb-12-2017, 19:05
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I've read various threads, both on here and other forums and I'm struggling to get a working Teamspeak overlay to show who is talking in the channel while playing.

I did originally (and very briefly) get the Team Fusion TS3 plugin working by downgrading to an old version of TS3 (I think 3.0.11.1) when I was running Win7x64 but that was the day my graphics card went up the swanny. After a convoluted troubleshooting process that involved reinstalling Windows, I ended up with a shiny new card and running Win10x64. Now when I try the same combination of contemporaneous TS3 with TF plugin, Cliffs of Dover just won't start.

I also tried installing TS notifier and following some instructions on configuring for ClOD, but I just couldn't get that to work. The game ran fine, just nothing seemed to happen. :grrr:

I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but it feels like I've done everything that I can think of and its driving me to distraction!

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-12-2017, 22:07
When i get you on TS i will talk you through if you dont figure it out til then :D

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Feb-12-2017, 22:17
I imagine this is has already been tried but you do have to be actually flying for TSNotifier to be working...
Check the config files and ensure that this is in gamesettings.ini:

[Launcher.exe]
game.enabled=1
Also, check this thread (theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18996) out. It helped me with my setup a lot.

EDIT: This thread (theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15463) too.

Baffin
Feb-13-2017, 10:19
I successfully use the latest release of TeamSpeak 3 Client and TSNotifier, running both as Administrator. For some reason, I must start CLoD first, exit to desktop next, then start both TS programs and then return to the game. If I start TS first (like I used to), CLoD refuses to start. :pcsux:

Pans
Feb-13-2017, 17:24
I imagine this is has already been tried but you do have to be actually flying for TSNotifier to be working...
Check the config files and ensure that this is in gamesettings.ini:

[Launcher.exe]
game.enabled=1
Also, check this thread (theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18996) out. It helped me with my setup a lot.

EDIT: This thread (theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15463) too.

Hi Kiwi,

TSNotifier for Beginners [Definitive Guide] was one of the threads I worked through... as far as I know, to the letter. I'd not come across Baffin's thread though. I'll have to give it a go when I next fancy another round of hassle!

BOO
Feb-14-2017, 13:28
I believe TS notifier requires both the 32 bit and 64 bit TS3 Notifier helper dlls to be located in the Teamspeak plug ins folder for it to work.

The standand "does it all" download installer doesn't install both sometimes.

There is another zip file that has just the components into (same TS notifier site - click on other files and scroll down to Zip in installer section) - download the latest zip and follow the instructions given to paste the missing dll.

Effectively, if you have already downloaded the installer its just copy/paste the missing dll across to (usually) C:/programs/teamspeak/client/plugins

This worked for me but the more i understand the logic of binary the more i believe that its witchcraft that actually powers it and trhere is no logic at all.

Good luck