PDA

View Full Version : Server 2 Missions

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-19-2012, 17:22
Hi guys,

This is not a gripe, just a query/ request.

I notice that server 2 seems to have a very limited mission/ map list. I was just on there as the "German invasion" map was completing. Then the next map loaded... only for it to be the "German invasion" map again.

Can you advise what has happened to the Channel command mission?

I would like to play something different from the missions that are on server 1, and I'm keen to stick with your servers if I can. Channel Command, and Salmo's new mission would be great on rotation on server 2 I think...

thanks for any replies!
Cheers.

III./ZG76_Chasing Fear
Nov-19-2012, 17:30
Server 2 has typically been a test server. There is usually a reason that a particular mission isn't being run. It's probably undergoing revision or evaluation. A lot of the missions, as ambitious as they are, created performance issues for a lot of people.

Running server 2 as just a different mission set would work against what we are trying to achieve. We are hoping to get/keep the numbers up! Splitting what players we do have between the servers would only increase the complaints about not being able to find people when flying.

-Fear

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-19-2012, 17:36
Server 2 has typically been a test server. There is usually a reason that a particular mission isn't being run. It's probably undergoing revision or evaluation. A lot of the missions, as ambitious as they are, created performance issues for a lot of people.

Running server 2 as just a different mission set would work against what we are trying to achieve. We are hoping to get/keep the numbers up! Splitting what players we do have between the servers would only increase the complaints about not being able to find people when flying.

-Fear

fair points all round.
cheers.

Wolf
Nov-19-2012, 17:55
Server 2 is a test server for long term testing on big missions like Channel Command and Salmo's new mission.

Just to be clear, there is only the one mission running on server 2 at the moment. It is that german one called Operation Daisy I think. Salmo has given Bliss his new mission, but Bliss has not had time to post it on Server 2 yet.

As soon as Bliss posts it I am sure he will make an announcement.

As for Channel Command. Sorry I have shelved it. There has been much learned from it and great scripting to apply to things in the future that I am working on. I play it with all the added features loaded in the evenings with my brother and a few others, but I don't see it going on ATAG again. Nothing to to with ATAG, there is a bug in there that I can not be assed fixing since the final patch that stops the mission / crashes the launcher.

Until I re-visit and remove it, it will not be back online. Since I have not had any interest in playing IL2 COD since the last patch came out I can not see myself fixing it in the near future.

Will have to wait till I get the flying bug back.