PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Moscow and no more patches?

PerFolmer
Nov-20-2012, 07:29
Hello all!
First of all, I'm sorry if I post this in an unsuitable forum.

Well, I've come to wonder a bit about Cliffs of Dover and its patches. Is it really true that no more work is to be done upon this sim?
Little do I know about modding but still wonder about the potential in this area. I've made a few searches on this forum and on others where
you might do so without being member and it's kinda hard to find hard facts, I guess there are few facts and much speculation. I mean, I remember when
I read of this game in like 2006 or so, getting all worked up with the few screenshots that eventually came and the mass of theories based on loose ideas from the developers.
On the other hand, I'm one of those non-technical fellas who wouldn't find a modders goldmine thread if it were smacked upon me gob.
So, with the risk of posing as an idiot I'm asking a few questions on this little thread that I've been wondering about and hopefully somebody can point me to the right direction.

1) The Cliffs of Dover is no more updated by the developers?
2) Will modders have access to what they need to work on updates themselves?
3) What of this Battle for Moscow? I tried so damn hard to find anything else but a statement from the developers only mentioning it.

Thank you very much for your time.
/Per

Tvrdi
Nov-20-2012, 07:38
http://www.midnightreview.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tumblr_l5fn5gJ7Bs1qzurddo1_500.jpg

Doc
Nov-20-2012, 07:57
Tvrdi

Didn't you once apply for membership here?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?2406-1C-need-to-talk-to-the-CLOD-community&p=22631&viewfull=1#post22631

At this point would you not be considered a troll? By your own admission you don't even have the game installed. So may I ask why are you here? This isn't a software company this is server forum and Cliffs of Dover is what they play here.

PerFolmer

The short answer is you are right no more. We don't know anything else officially.

Again this server forums have nothing to do with the developers or the official publisher 1CPublishing (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/). I have included a link to their forums you can feel free to ask over there.

Cheers

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-20-2012, 08:06
Hi PerFolmer,

Unfortunately, we at ATAG are asking the same questions you are, but getting no response from the Maddox Game Development Manager, Luthier. In fact, every query in that forum has been deleted soon after posting, with no explanation.

Rumours abound, but the only official word we have is that with the last patch further work and support on Cliffs of Dover has ceased. Other than rumours, we have no official word from Luthier that work continues on a sequel. We certainly have our doubts due to unofficial notice given us from good friends of ATAG that may have a better chance of knowing than we do, but no word from the man, Luthier, himself.

However, we at ATAG are committed to working with what we do have to further improve the CoD online experience for everyone. This includes new online missions developed by our ATAG design wizards, and increasingly by very talented individuals from outside ATAG who are generous to share their hard work and creativity with the rest of us.

I'm sorry I have no hard facts to answer your queries, but hopefully you'll join us online to enjoy the many features we have now.

Sincerely,

Snapper

Tvrdi
Nov-20-2012, 08:10
Tvrdi
Didn't you once apply for membership
I did (in honest attention). But as I was unable to play with you (unable to join on TS - private reasons, my wife (for some reason) wanted our kid sleepin in living room etc.) I didnt actually join the ATAG. Didnt do harm to anybody. Also , a bit later (in all my fairness) i recently reapplied to my old IL2 46 squadron so it wasnt fair (from my point of view) to apply in two squads. Then, thers another reason - I never got CLOD working without issues...only after latest beta patch I have decent performance and even then - had perf. problems...I need to put most of the settings to med (on my gtx660ti), shadows off, to have decent performance..You know how CLOD looks without shadows right? :)
BUT, I never stopped with supporting ATAG squadron or server and your effort to make this (whatever it is)...sim alive....I still do. Sharing my thoughts (and not only mine) about 1C, their failures and serious problems (cons) this game have doesnt corellate with support for ATAG, in any way

At this point would you not be considered a troll? By your own admission you don't even have the game installed. So may I ask why are you here? This isn't a software company this is server forum and Cliffs of Dover is what they play here.
In fact I had CLOD installed on my system from day one (oh what a launch it was) until few days ago. Also I was (occasionally) playing this sim. So, no, Im not a troll. If you think I dont have the right to post anything about game just because Im not (anymore) playing this sim...let it be....But Im sure in one thing...Im the one some of you venting on....Well I wasnt an 1C team member so I hope this will stop.
Thanks

Dutch
Nov-20-2012, 08:13
Well, I thought Tvrdi's picture was pretty funny, even if it didn't answer the bloke's question! :D

But as stated above, answers are No, dunno and dunno. Sorry mate. :(

PerFolmer
Nov-20-2012, 08:25
Thank you all for the answers.
It was perhaps foolish of me to seek some sort of holy grail of information not discovered by myself and I gladly accept Tvrdi's wonderful post
as a result of it. Many of you have been active in sim communities a long time and know things that may be hard for others to dig up.
There's nothing more to say and from here on I think I shall manage the update hunting myself as I now know pretty much
what's on the table.
Thank you all again!

/Per

Tvrdi
Nov-20-2012, 08:30
Thank you all for the answers.
It was perhaps foolish of me to seek some sort of holy grail of information not discovered by myself and I gladly accept Tvrdi's wonderful post
as a result of it. Many of you have been active in sim communities a long time and know things that may be hard for others to dig up.
There's nothing more to say and from here on I think I shall manage the update hunting myself as I now know pretty much
what's on the table.
Thank you all again!

/Per

I hope you laughed. Its all what we have now. Rather than hard feelings...

PerFolmer
Nov-20-2012, 08:31
I hope you laughed. Its all what we have now. Rather than hard feelings...

With all my heart, yes. =)

JG52_Krupi
Nov-20-2012, 08:33
At this point would you not be considered a troll?

Tvrdi a troll, you can't be serious... Oh hang yes your right he's been trolling away for the past two years.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-20-2012, 08:42
I chuckled when I saw the photo that Tvrdi posted because it pretty much sums up our situation -- waiting for "the word". LOL. Sounds like PerFolmer took it in good humour, too. I hadn't seen Doc's post, so I just jumped in to add an "official ATAG" answer to his good questions -- Doc beat me to it.

But the picture was funny! :)

PerFolmer
Nov-20-2012, 08:48
Oh and btw.
I almost feel that my authority on scorning the game was lost when I bought it only last week for less that 10 euros.
I have followed the development of this game since the early 2000's and it took me a long time to muster up the
bravery to buy this game which I before held in such high regard but was gobsmacked by the news of the very poor release, whereupon I did not dare to buy it
for the possibility it would dash my expectations as it absolutely did to many of the poor joes who bought it pre-release. Had my computer not been so
damned bad in those days I would've been right along with those of you who rightfully complain. I am, however, very glad of the game I have now,
not knowing first hand of the bugs, problems and deficiencies in the first place. For me it is a great simulator worthy, I think, of my money but not that much
more in solidarity to the ones who spent quite a deal more for a horrible release.
Of course I look forward to more online flights and great fun with this game.
I hope that's a fair statement to my feelings of this all.

/Per

Dutch
Nov-20-2012, 09:01
Per, I bought two collector's editions at full price on release and don't regret it for a second. I've had more than my monies worth over the last 18 months, with over 1000 hours racked up in the game.

Don't feel guilty or ashamed that you got it for that price, market forces are market forces. It'll certainly be the best 10 Euros you've ever spent. :thumbsup:

PerFolmer
Nov-20-2012, 09:07
Per, I bought two collector's editions at full price on release and don't regret it for a second. I've had more than my monies worth over the last 18 months, with over 1000 hours racked up in the game.

Don't feel guilty or ashamed that you got it for that price, market forces are market forces. It'll certainly be the best 10 Euros you've ever spent. :thumbsup:

Hehe, I'm very glad for that, Dutch.
I dont feel any guilt whatsoever, perhaps some sort of ugly, filthy neutrality, lol!

Dutch
Nov-20-2012, 09:14
:)

Tvrdi
Nov-20-2012, 09:59
Tvrdi a troll, you can't be serious... Oh hang yes your right he's been trolling away for the past two years.

Dude, even if that is true, your behaviour, your personal attacks - are sick as hell...and as I said before, vent on the devs, not me....Unlike me, you lost compass...wake up! Snap! Snap! RL calling...or, you can continue to squeal on 1c forum...

JG52_Krupi
Nov-20-2012, 10:20
I'm lost? What does that make you... Your on the forum of squad that plays a game you have hated and whined about since it's release. Yeah I'm the one that's lost :doh: go play ROF apparently your blissfully ignorant to the lack of detail and murky washed out greens and brown lsndscape that you so heavily critized the MG team for creating, your double standards are so awful that it beggars belief.

Go troll somewhere else.

Tvrdi
Nov-20-2012, 10:27
I'm lost? What does that make you... Your on the forum of squad that plays a game you have hated and whined about since it's release. Yeah I'm the one that's lost :doh: go play ROF apparently your blissfully ignorant to the lack of detail and murky washed out greens and brown lsndscape that you so heavily critized the MG team for creating, your double standards are so awful that it beggars belief.

Go troll somewhere else.

Never hated CLOD...but look what your saying about ROF...LOL, and you claimed your a supporter. Like I said, your angry. But Im, not the one to take the guilt for it. BTW, ROF looks really nice. Has some limitatons (no of objects etc) thats true...dont you agree? You hijacked this topic for your personal attacks...

JG52_Krupi
Nov-20-2012, 10:32
Never hated CLOD...but look what your saying about ROF...LOL, and you claimed your a supporter. Like I said, your angry. But Im, not the one to take the guilt for it. BTW, ROF looks really nice. Has some limitatons (no of objects etc) thats true...dont you agree? You hijacked this topic for your personal attacks...

Oh I think ROF looks great just like COD I just don't understand how anybody could like one and trash talk the other just like YOU did and continue to do, talk about being pathetic.

I hijacked a thread that you trolled in no I just rises to the bait that you started I am not the one making this personal you are I have never gone into a forum to pick a fight with another member I just react the way I see fit to trolls

ATAG_Colander
Nov-20-2012, 10:37
Thread closed before this escalates further.

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-20-2012, 10:41
Cmon guys. We're all obvious flight sim enthusiasts. There's no need to vent on each other.

My take on Clod: It has more depth and little details than any other flight sim I've ever seen. As a guy that gets inside the FMB / coding etc., you can see it is worlds ahead of other sims. As a player that's only interested in playing the sim, I can definitely see the frustrations. But once you look under the hood (again, comparing to anything else out there / under the hood) you really have to respect what these guys tried to achieve. Ambition is hardly the word for it. It's almost insane.

In a comparison between ROF and Clod I can only say this. ROF is like walking into a perfectly maintained upper class mansion. You start walking around and your jaw drops at all the nice stuff. Next thing you know you've walked around for a few 1000 hours and you've gotten used to all the glitter. You want change. That's when you realize all this stuff in this fancy upper class dwelling is glued/nailed/screwed to the floor. You can't really change much.
Take Clod and it's like walking around in a vast disorganized warehouse space. But you soon find out that you have the ability to organize and change it anyway you like. You have countless amounts of different kinds of objects and you can place them anywhere you want. What you have with Clod is a sandbox that allows you to do anything your mind can think of. That's the way I see it because I like to play with the things under the hood. Both sims have their good and bad points, but I will always choose the one that's a sandbox. Sadly, until we have some sort of official announcement, I feel that the way of IL2 and their sandbox will ever be gone.