PDA

View Full Version : Nooby needs guidance in installing Teamspeak 3

pilgrim
Feb-26-2017, 05:39
I downloaded and installed TeamSpeak 3.1.1.1 yesterday and was surprised to find that a program called 'Overwolf' had been simultaneously installed alongside teamSpeak3. I don't understand what 'Overwolf' is for and was surprised to see it appear.

I have uninstalled both programs.

Can a forum member please tell me if 'Overwolf' is required to play 'Clod'?

Once TeamSpeak 3 has been re-installed can I delete 'Overwolf' if the latter program is not required to play 'Clod'?

Guidance would be appreciated. I run W10 64 bit.

SIA_Sp00k
Feb-26-2017, 06:28
Forum member....I qualify ! Huzzah.

Clod hates overlays. Overwolf, being an overlay is one which "may" cause a variety of issues, I dont reccomend it. It doesnt hurt to have Overwolf installed with Teamspeak. Why they went with that program as a partner is beyond me, but having it on your system, wont affect your game. Just dont turn it on. You can start teamspeak normally and Overwolf wont auto start unless you want it to.

Some have managed to get TS Notifier up and running with older versions of Team speak. Several posts on it in the forums. Its similar in purpose to Overwolf in that teamspeak participant names will show in your game. Again its an overlay and you take your chances with it. Its probably not as troublesome as Overwolf, Steam overlay and others.

BOO
Feb-26-2017, 06:45
Hi

Overwolf appeared because you likely ticked the box for it to be installed when you installed TS3 without realising.

I run win 10 and use TS notifier without a hitch - takes a little setting up but doesn't everything? :-) The current installer version of TS notifier seems to work out of the box (previously a required vc 64 dll wasn't installed sometimes)

I use the latest version of TS3 also.

With notifier - you will need to start it intially from your start menu. Once started, start TS3, log in THEN run the game. Nothing will happen at first but this will register the launcher.exe in the "gamesettings.ini" file of TS Notifier. You will also need to configure TS notifier to start with TS3 (tick box in the general settings of the app) in fuutre.

Once the game has run, if you right click on the TS notifer icon in the "show hidden icons" thing on the bottom right of your desktop task bar, you'll see the "games settings ini" - in there, look for "launcher.exe" and change the 0 to a 1 then save. TS notifier should now work when you start a mission or join multiplayer provided your TS3 is running.

In The general options having Show speaker, Show channel and show self is probably all you need.

Regards

BOO

pilgrim
Feb-26-2017, 10:53
I found Chuck Owl's tutorial dated Dec. 14th 2014 very helpful. Managed to install Teamspeak3.1.1.1 without "Overwolf" and a quick connection to test earphones with silent mike worked. Many thanks to all who assisted.

As a first exercise may listen out later this evening.

farley
Feb-26-2017, 11:19
Once you are happily into TS, you might want to go into Plugins (at the top), and if RadioFx is there, try it out. It gives a more realistic radio transmitter sound to the voices, and you might find it adds a bit to the realism.
Pilgrim, it's so long ago now that i can't remember if i had to add on the RadioFx, but i think i did.