PDA

View Full Version : New arrival 9./JG52

9./JG52_Meyer
Mar-07-2017, 18:00
Salute all
It is with great pleasure that I announce the arrival of a new pilot at the Karaya Staffel
Welcome 9./JG52 Ketterian Fox.

This flieger has been granted 3 days home leave before rejoining the Staffel and
Commencing combat operations in rotte 2 .

Hals und beinbruch

ATAG_Pattle
Mar-07-2017, 18:47
Like you blokes werent deadly enough! :-)

Look forward to flyer with a nd against you guys soon. Mission a month or so ago was my favourite 109 flight.

Congrats Ketterian Fox.

Pattle:salute:

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-07-2017, 18:53
Not another one!....NOOOOOO!!!

Have fun buddy...~S~

BOO
Mar-08-2017, 01:50
Yikes!

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-08-2017, 01:53
Not another murderer :shoot:

9./JG52 Mindle
Mar-08-2017, 07:19
Welcome Foxy!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170308/94323e9240f0ec9fe12eea2771a77c6c.jpg

[emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9./JG52 gr00ve
Mar-08-2017, 14:24
welcome fox, good to have you! :salute:

9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox
Mar-08-2017, 15:28
Seems I'm a bit late to my own party)

This'll likely read like one of those "He's got his Oscar, now he's droning on for 20 minutes straight and even thanked his dog for the win 5 minutes ago oh my god when will it end arggh", however this really feels like a big deal to me, so here it goes:
Firstly - I'm humbled and honoured that you guys will have me. What an awesome bunch of pals you are to fly with. I've played this regularly online for nigh three years now, with some breaks for life stuff and some rare great singleplayer experiences (looking at you Witcher 3 for eating all of my free time for a total of like 3.5 months) few and far between. But I've been lonewolfing almost all that time, sporadically winging up with guys on TS from time to time. Great experiences those flights were, though almost always something was missing, something that made it not enough for me to seriously consider going for a regular teamplay over solo stuff. It is after all extremely exhilirating getting your kills alone, or escaping from/defeating your pursuers often without any teammate assistance. That feeling when you successfully land after 1.5 hours of flying and scoring several kills in the process - I thought it was the best stuff there is. It's just not there when you fly together with someone. Sure there is teamwork to replace it, and teamwork gives you possibilities and experiences pretty much impossible otherwise - setting up traps, quickly and efficiently dispatching large groups of enemies sometimes to a point of disrupting the other team's flow, for the lack of a better word. What I mean to say is - you can do things that you feel matter in a bigger picture, things relevant to how the current map will end, things that, not only in the moment but over time influence other players and therefore the whole community a little. Your enemies get the bitter end of you teamwork - and at least some of them adapt and evolve, which in turn forces you to adapt and evolve. Your friendlies see the example and at least some of them think "Cool stuff, I might need to fly a bit different get better - let's start the learning process". Through nigh three years of playing on this server I've seen a lot of changes to how people play on both sides, but I've never been a part of the force behind the change, always forced to follow it in order to survive. And I feel units like 9./JG52, JG4, 71st, TWC and many others, each with their distinct philosophy and tactics (on the scale from extremely adherent to realism to maximizing the sheer fun) are, all of them, make up a force that does it, together with esteemed members of ATAG and TFS.
Then there is comraderie - when you feel you got something out of the game even if you never got to press the trigger and see your shots connect.
You helped your pal to get his kills.
You helped your pal out of a tight spot.
You just flew with your pal around the map for an hour chasing random tab 7-1 stuff that you never saw and you had a blast just because you were doing it together.

Thing is each and every one of us is looking for something specific to get out of this game, and it isn't as simple as "Survival above all else" vs "Kills above all else" (though these extremes serve the purpose of illustration well enough). What we looking for affects how we play greatly and the reason almost always something was missing for me in those flights with guys I just teamed up with on TS over the years is simple - different goals. I don't want to go suicidal and dogfight on deck near Canterbury when it's the busiest Red airfield, and it ain't fun when your wingman does it, forces you to go down there to save him and get shot at and bail out over enemy territory. It's valid fun in it's own right, just not the kind of fun I'm looking for. Me and this guy or guys might've had plenty of fun time before that but the moment they did that we stopped being a coherent group in my mind cause it turned out our goals were different all alone, and that somewhat invalidates the previous experiences.
What a joy it is then to find people whose goals seem so similar to mine, and with whom I can consistently get the different, and arguably the better part of the experience this amazing sim has to offer.
Groove, Mindle, Meyer - I've been flying with you guys almost exclusively for the last like 2 months and it has been nothing but a blast. Thank you.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in the sky again.

Secondly - as I've written above I've been playing this for almost three years. I've never played anything online for so long before, and believe you me I tried a lot of games. So why this one? Simple - the Community. Never have I experienced before such a healthy community as the one cultivated on ATAG server and forums. Thank you guys for keeping this thing running and may it run for years ahead. Looking forward to becoming one of the "older guys" here in like 40 years or so:)

Thirdly - there is another reason for staying, and it's The Sim. A game with enormous potential which had been rescued from the brink of oblivion by a group of superheroes that call themselves TFS. You guys did a miracle, and I salute all your members past and present for this achievement. May this Sim have many happy years ahead of it, with you guys at it's tiller.

Last, but not the least I want to publicly acknowledge my gratitude towards one of the members of our big Community, who was the reason for my discovering of this Sim and this server early at the start of my simming career.
Keep that youtube channel alive, JG4_Karaya. I've no idea how I stumbled on it years ago but the vids you put up there, being as entertaining as they are, intrigued me enough to give The Sim a try. The style of energy fighting, picked up subconciously from them, though at first very ineptly replicated, allowed me to grind through that starting curve with relative ease - and the rest is history.
Been subbed for all those years now and that gunnery continues to be a inspiration to train more, try harder and get better.
S mate!

P.S. Judging by the wall of text, officially joining might seem like a big deal to me - and it is.
But it is also a convinient opportunity for a rather reticent member of this Community to express his feelings about this game and the people that play it.
Thank you.
All of you.

P.P.S. I humbly ask the Admins to change the nickname to 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox

PreyStalker
Mar-08-2017, 16:08
Very well said !

So many echoes of my own, shorter experience in CLOD. Karaya and Groove inspired me to improve my flying and gunnery skills. The videos showing the JG4 and 9./JG52 boys in action push me further away from a lonewolf mentality and more towards being a squadron member.

Have a blast with 9./JG52 and hope to fly with you all again soon...

...sporadically of course...

....for now !

:devilish:

ATAG_Pattle
Mar-08-2017, 17:23
What an outstanding post mate.

You experiance is replicated in mine and I am sure coyntless others. TFS have given the sim a body to wprk with. Our community is the heartbeat. Whether one flies blue or red doesnt matter.

Your post should be one that all new to our community and sim should read.

Well done.

Pattle:salute:

9./JG52_Meyer
Mar-08-2017, 18:05
Well said Fox that's a great post and as Pattle says above every new player should read it as a sort of guide.
Now I know we chose the right person to recruit

Hals und beinbruch

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-08-2017, 19:13
Wow...what a post...It echoes so much of what we have here as a community...Brilliant!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Kett....~S~

SharkBait
Mar-08-2017, 19:21
Congratulations!! :salute:

Sunny
Mar-09-2017, 08:02
I already said to him but now i say again, congrats mate! Very happy for you, and the JG52 couln't get better person to the squad. ~S~

Enviado do meu SM-J500FN através de Tapatalk

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-09-2017, 08:28
Congratulations !!

:salute:

ATAG_Vampire
Mar-09-2017, 10:21
:salute: 9/JG52 Kettarian_Fox.

Horrido Jäger!

DUI
Mar-09-2017, 12:52
Congratulations Fox! You chose wisely for sure! :salute:

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-09-2017, 16:20
Oh yeah.....and Congratulations!!...

I forgot that bit...~S~

BOO
Mar-10-2017, 02:18
Really nice post Fox - kinda softens the blow for my inevitable and numerous deaths at your hands... :-)

Vlerkies
Mar-10-2017, 19:21
Salute all
It is with great pleasure that I announce the arrival of a new pilot at the Karaya Staffel
Welcome 9./JG52 Ketterian Fox.

This flieger has been granted 3 days home leave before rejoining the Staffel and
Commencing combat operations in rotte 2 .

Hals und beinbruch

3 days leave, jeez you guys are easy :)

Nice one K Fox :salute:
A really top class Squadron, and you will no doubt contribute handsomely to that with the flying prowess you already have and more importantly, teamwork, that you bring.
Don't forget me when i am alone, mid channel, pissed, and in the sh!t

thx
:-)

ATAG_Marlow
Mar-11-2017, 18:31
Hi Kettarian...I'm even later to the party but I just had to say how much I enjoyed your post. As others have said, it very deftly communicated what so many of us feel about this very special community of ours. We may all belong to different squadrons but we do indeed share a camaraderie that binds us into one unique whole.

I am not at all surprised that you have joined JG52 and I have no doubt you will be a perfect addition to their awesome strength. We flew together on one...possibly two sorties....many months ago, when I had only been flying maybe five or six weeks. Those sorties made a very big impression on me and I remember you, very clearly, as a very determined, precise pilot and team flier. And I was dead impressed! I thought: 'Gordon Bennet, Marlow! You'd better 'up' your game, Mate!'
Ha ha!

Many congrats on your well deserved 'promotion.' Salute! :thumbsup:

9./JG52_Meyer
Mar-19-2017, 19:05
Salute Kameraden , another flieger has joined 9./JG52 . Welcome to the Karaya Staffel 9./JG52 Hackl
Yellow 6 awaits you at the airfield.

Hals und beinbruch

9./JG52 Mindle
Mar-20-2017, 05:54
Welcome Hackl! S!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOO
Mar-20-2017, 05:55
A fine outfit you joined there Hackl

ATAG_Vampire
Mar-20-2017, 08:09
:salute:9/JG52 Hackl