PDA

View Full Version : Volume?

Campbell
Mar-07-2017, 18:42
Guys how do you set your volumes for team speak? I played online for the first time today but had problems hearing the comms over the engine and other sim sounds.

Bonditaria
Mar-07-2017, 19:04
Full volume in the game options slider! Then in the Windows volume mixer I leave TeamSpeak on full volume and reduce the volume of CloD to suit.

https://s27.postimg.org/5uzfd38ab/clod_ts_volume_mixer.jpg

Campbell
Mar-07-2017, 19:19
Full volume in the game options slider! Then in the Windows volume mixer I leave TeamSpeak on full volume and reduce the volume of CloD to suit.

Ok, I will try that! Thank you.

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-07-2017, 19:32
I think a lot of folks have it set up differently but the important thing is that you MUST have ingame 'Sound Volume' to Max...A sound guy at TeamFusion told me this to get the best results from the ingame sounds that the TF have installed for realism...I personally have the Music and Voice to zero....

You then alter your sounds outside of the game in the Windows Volume mixer like Bondi has above...This setting will be specific to your rig and headset/speakers...For instance I have to have CLOD set VERY LOW at 2 in order to hear TeamSpeak when I have my canopy open...A few of us fly with the canopy open in aircraft such as Spits and Hurris as it gives you better visibility for contact spotting and keeping eyes on...

Thanks for uploading that screeny Bondi...~S~

Bonditaria
Mar-07-2017, 19:48
If you set the Voice volume to zero you will miss some enemy aircraft callouts from the ground controllers. The Voice information is often about aircaft that do not appear on Tab-7-1, eg. very low aircraft, bombers. I'd suggest listening to the Voice for better situational awareness!

DoubleStandards
Mar-07-2017, 20:21
A few of us fly with the canopy open in aircraft such as Spits and Hurris as it gives you better visibility for contact spotting and keeping eyes on...

Love ya Lewis, but I am really looking forward to this being corrected by TF. :)

:salute:DS

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-07-2017, 20:36
If you set the Voice volume to zero you will miss some enemy aircraft callouts from the ground controllers. The Voice information is often about aircaft that do not appear on Tab-7-1, eg. very low aircraft, bombers. I'd suggest listening to the Voice for better situational awareness!

I have had 'Voice' in my game set to zero since the beginning and never knew you got this info on it...I'll turn mine on and check this out...Could be a revelation for me...~S~

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-07-2017, 20:44
Love ya Lewis, but I am really looking forward to this being corrected by TF. :)

Isn't it correct at present?...In what way is it going to be corrected?...I thought it was realistic...

I know many allied pilots opened canopies during dogfights for fear of fire too...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-07-2017, 22:44
Isn't it correct at present?...In what way is it going to be corrected?...I thought it was realistic...

I know many allied pilots opened canopies during dogfights for fear of fire too...

Myth... Russians perhaps, never heard that in accounts from RAF or USAAF pilots.

1lokos
Mar-08-2017, 00:55
Sometimes this is not good idea - The Hardest Day book:

"Newton slid back his cockpit hood, so that it could not jam shut and trap him inside if it was hit, then pushed down his nose and swooped down to attack.
Unger's rear gunner, Unteroffizier Franz Bergmann, had seen the Hurricane curving after him and swung his machine gun to engage.
Newton saw the tracer rounds coming towards him but thought 'You've got one gun, I've got eight—you don't stand a chance!'
He fired one burst at the Dornier but the tracer seemed to go over its starboard wing tip. Newton continued, 'I thought "Just a slight correction and I've got him!"
But just at that moment he got me, because my cockpit seemed to burst into flames.'
With his hood open, the slipstream drew the flames backwards and upwards, right over the unfortunate pilot.
Then the oxygen in his mask caught fire, burning it on to his face."

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-08-2017, 02:10
Sometimes this is not good idea - The Hardest Day book:

"Newton slid back his cockpit hood, so that it could not jam shut and trap him inside if it was hit, then pushed down his nose and swooped down to attack.
Unger's rear gunner, Unteroffizier Franz Bergmann, had seen the Hurricane curving after him and swung his machine gun to engage.
Newton saw the tracer rounds coming towards him but thought 'You've got one gun, I've got eight—you don't stand a chance!'
He fired one burst at the Dornier but the tracer seemed to go over its starboard wing tip. Newton continued, 'I thought "Just a slight correction and I've got him!"
But just at that moment he got me, because my cockpit seemed to burst into flames.'
With his hood open, the slipstream drew the flames backwards and upwards, right over the unfortunate pilot.
Then the oxygen in his mask caught fire, burning it on to his face."

You beat me to it. I just finished to read it last month. Very good book

ATAG_Marlow
Mar-08-2017, 06:44

Thanks for this, Bondi! I've also been fiddling about trying to get that optimum balance between voice and engine/gun sounds and this will help a lot! Cheers ! S!

farley
Mar-08-2017, 06:58

And all this time I've been thinking these voices were special guidance just for me to hear......
Guess I'm not so special after all.....:ind:

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-08-2017, 09:12
You beat me to it. I just finished to read it last month. Very good book

sounds ghaslty !

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-08-2017, 09:13
And all this time I've been thinking these voices were special guidance just for me to hear......
Guess I'm not so special after all.....:ind:

Special?.... oh the pain....

I weep everytime I don't get a welcome screen.

:(

Baffin
Mar-08-2017, 09:26

Very interesting... I've never heard of this so I must try it. Doesn't the radio chatter become disruptive? (Machine, TeamSpeak & Voice all together) :talk:

EDIT: I just remembered why "Voice" doesn't work for me. I listen to CLoD sounds through a speaker system and TeamSpeak through ear buds from a different Windows source. This makes CLoD voices hard for me to understand. I also use text window "voice" frequently. Every time I ask for [TAB-7-1], in text, I must also listen to "Nigel" read it to me. It becomes to much to bear on my setup. It sounds like a nice plan for headset users, though... :lala:

farley
Mar-08-2017, 09:46
Special?.... oh the pain....

I weep everytime I don't get a welcome screen.

:(

I feel your pain bro.......:ind:

Hard to believe we can fly at all under such conditions isn't it?!
And some of the real pilots probably thought that they had it tough....
They never would have made it in the virtual world.......

Scuze me while I get another beer......
Then we can continue exploring how bad things are for us......:(

farley
Mar-08-2017, 09:52
Very interesting... I've never heard of this so I must try it. Doesn't the radio chatter become disruptive? (Machine, TeamSpeak & Voice all together) :talk:

Yes, give it a try. It only comes on occasionally, so you might not find it too intrusive. It is, for example, an advantage to hear about planes that are at cherubs 2.

Bonditaria
Mar-08-2017, 10:21

It is a lot of noise - that's why I adjust the volume way low down so I can only just hear it.

Most of the Voice messages are repeated in the Voice info-window text if you set one up, but not all of them. (I'm only referring to ATAG server here). It gets stale and repetative but you can filter it out like background chatter at a party.

But very Occasionally there will be a message like ""Bf110 in sector so-and-so at cherubs 3 heading 330!" You check the map and it's sector Leigecourt or somewhere, this 110 has probably just taken off and is heading north - and will never be mentioned again by the Voice, and this message doesn't ever appear in the Voice info-window text. It's very random but it does help.

Recently I got Voice message referring to an He-111 in my grid-square when I was flying way out over the North Sea, and found it and damaged it enough to make it break off its approach towards the UK, but I wouldn't have found the bomber without the Voice! There was one single Voice message without any info-window text. The aircraft wasn't shown on tab-7-1 or Chain Home. I don't know what mission map it was, or if they behave differently regarding this.

However, just as it is perfectly possible to fly with no text, it is very enjoyable to fly about without the radio on!

Perfesser
Mar-08-2017, 10:37
Go get the teamspeak plugin - Goreki's volume control.
Whenever someone in your TS channel keys their mic the volume of game sounds is turned down a notch or two.

farley
Mar-08-2017, 10:52
Whenever someone in your TS channel keys their mic the volume of game sounds is turned down a notch or two.

That sounds good Perfesser!:thumbsup:
Will give it a try later.
It would be nice to be able to put the game sounds up a bit louder, presently they are turned down some so I can hear TS, and I'd like to hear the engine noise etc a bit better - or maybe then I'd hear the hits on the wings.

But jeez..... you could have spoon fed us and given the link and installation hints etc..... :)

DoubleStandards
Mar-08-2017, 14:41

This sound cool. Is there a way to make it so when someone on my whisper list talks it lowers everyone else?

Perfesser
Mar-08-2017, 14:42
Your quest will make you stronger....

Oh very well....

In teamspeak, settings, plugins, at the bottom "get more plugins".
Search for volume control. I guess that one is no longer supported but I see 3 more there.

ATAG_Torian
Mar-10-2017, 05:58
Hi jlcambell,
As Baffin has pointed out, some of us use our headset (mine is a Logitech USB headset) and map TeamSpeak to use it while we plug in desktop speakers (mine are just plugged into the speaker jack on the pc) to hear the game.
This makes everything easy as u can manually adjust the level of in-game sound by adjusting the volume knob of ur speaker. USB headsets are pretty cheap now as are desktop speakers.

Hurricane
Mar-10-2017, 06:16
Mine has two volume controls for "game" and "chat", which controls the headset separate to the speaker volume control.

I can turn off the main volume control for the speakers and the headset still gives in game sound.

What i cannot do is control the volume of "chat" on that particular control.

Chat volume increases and decreases only with the "game" volume setting.

Which means i cannot hear anything over the roar of my trusty Hurri :D:D

Best regards,
Mike.

BOO
Mar-10-2017, 07:14
I thought the reason we turned off the voice in game (and renamed a file somewhere I seem to remember) was due to a stutter it caused. I dunno - I think I did the file thing the first time but never after so I guess its not that important.

Hurricane
Mar-13-2017, 08:17
Sorry Boosterdog i missed this.

When i said "chat" i meant TS voice volume sorry.

I'll get my coat................ :D

Best regards, :salute:
Mike.