PDA

View Full Version : Can i whisper to one channel but also be heard on my current one?

BOO
Mar-16-2017, 13:44
TeamSpeak - gotta love it - no manual and lots of FAQs that are FAU.

So - I have a number of hotkey profiles for different servers - my whispers run from the numbers on my keyboard, my main PTT off a button on the throttle.

If I whisper only the channel I'm whisperg to can hear me (cos its a whisper - I know that :-)) - however, it would be really nice if my whisper could also be heard on the channel that I'm in so everyone knows whats going on.

Ive tried allocating PTT functions in the hotkey profiles but that doesn't work.

Is there a way? can it be done? - eg is there a way of setting something like a "also whisper to current channel" function?

I should that I know I could just drag the current channel into the list but I have one screen and a FFB joystick - Alt Tabbing is not an option unless I want to loose the FFB and/or crash the game trying to reactivate it (in BOS). As such, id sooner have it already set to go

Regards

BOO

SIA_Sp00k
Mar-16-2017, 15:37
TWC have this setup between our command and flight channels Boo. Fatal is the man to speak to about it. I know it is simple answer to your question. As a simpleton, you would think having it setup, I could tell you.

I am reminded of Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder :0

BOO
Mar-16-2017, 18:29
Cheers Sp00k!!

TWC_Fatal_Error
Mar-16-2017, 18:39
You can not send to current channel + whisper to others at the same time.
You must whisper to all targets (while your channel is also target) to let members hear the bot in current and other channels.

1. Open the whisper list feature
2. Create a new list (hotkey is needed but does not matter)
3. Add your target or targets to the list (you may use a server group)
4. Now go into the hotkey list
5. Change the hotkey to "On key down -> Whisper -> Activate Whisperlist"
6. Create a second and different hotkey "On key down -> Whisper -> Dectivate Whisperlist"
--> Press Hotkey one to whisper
--> Press Hotkey two to stop whispering
---> Done

BOO
Mar-16-2017, 19:41
Thanks Fatal!