PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

deviant400
Nov-24-2012, 12:20
Hi I'm Jim I'm 40 live in the UK

Had il2 years ago and went through all the addon's over the years but my pc at the time was mid/low range and just about played it on mid settings, my internet connection was slower than dial up so i kind of gave up with it through frustration, so when i saw the release of CoD i knew i could never run it until i upgraded, so i've just managed to sort out a half decent laptop (after many years) ...

windows7 64b
Intel i7 up to 3.4ghz
8Gb ram
2Gb Nvidia GT650m
killer wireless N1202

the missus has bought me trackir5 for crimbo but wont let me have it till then BITCH!! lol
i kind of have a little bit a clue of whats going in the cockpit from my previous versions of the game , but im no expert at all so go gentle on me (ill be the one in the 109 thats wiped out doing a flat spin towards the ground :)

ohh one more thing using fraps i seem to have between 50-30fps with a high setting in game does this seem acceptable to you guys , whats the minimum fps would you guys be happy with online .
so there it is , hope to get familiar with some of you aces as i intend to stick around as i've always loved this series (i fly rc 109's as a hobby)
thanks for reading , jim (psydeviant)

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-24-2012, 12:33
Hi Jim and welcome!

I suggest you steal that track ir :)

As far as your frames, it might be worth it to make sure SSAO is off and setting buildings/grass to lower settings should help your FPS online. With your setup I'd think you should have around 50-60 all the time.

And make sure to hop on coms. That's when the fun really starts!

:salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-24-2012, 12:37
http://imageshack.us/a/img546/5221/willeyspit002109.png

deviant400
Nov-25-2012, 08:19
Thanks for the welcome chaps, finding myself getting a little frustrated at the moment with handling the 109, i guess i just have to learn at the deep end on full real settings.

Take off + landings are fine and i believe im setting up the motor for flight ok , on take off prop pitch set to 12,00, rads open , flaps down about 1/3, once in the air flaps up, rads half closed (but keep eye on temps adjust if needed) then i course the pitch to anywhere between 9,30 and 11,00 keeping an eye on the revs trying to keep them 2,300ish. (i've mapped rads open/close and pitch fine/course to some buttons around my hat switch to make life a bit easier) im guessing this is acceptable engine managment as ive not popped a motor yet,

My inflight handling is where i suffer as i've yet to shake off a 6 without getting blown to bits, and vice versa, im yet to survive a chase on a enemy without washing out just about every time to the point i spin to an early grave. now i know you cant just throw it around but finding that fine line between excessive flight maneuvers and survival is eluding me. im starting to think if my joystick is a bit too sensitive maybe (logitech Freedom 2.4) but then while im being chased even my most excessive to the point of washing out maneuvers the enemy is right on my tail and in apparent full control.
but i guess we all have to start somewhere and ill remain easy pickings for some of you till i find my feet , any tips are most welcome :geek:

Chair1
Nov-25-2012, 10:30
welcome deviant......I wish I had your frame rate...I have been flying since the COD came to the States and I either can't see the enemy or get too excited when I do get on his tail that I screw up my advantage. I only fly the 109 and after a lot to being shot down by the spits or hurricane I found that keeping your speed up is first and if you pick up an enemy on your tail you will not out turn him so I reduce my pitch and head for the sun. Watch your speed and when your about to stall nose over and increase the pitch while you head for the ground. Once I saw the spits stall behind me and I was able to get on his tail . But again I got so excited I forgot to watch my tail and his buddy made my sight go red. I have yet to shoot down a fighter only a few hits.

:grandpa

deviant400
Nov-25-2012, 21:45
well today seems much better , got a few hits in and escaped a few times , its a slow learning curve , my tactics are get in quick, shoot, and f**k off quicker, handling has improved a bit too but really need my track-ir , looks like im gunna have to do something nice to get her to hand it over
:grrr:

Doc
Nov-25-2012, 22:45
well today seems much better , got a few hits in and escaped a few times , its a slow learning curve , my tactics are get in quick, shoot, and f**k off quicker, handling has improved a bit too but really need my track-ir , looks like im gunna have to do something nice to get her to hand it over
:grrr:

roflmao

deviant400
Nov-26-2012, 16:38
That wasn't a euphemism doc :)

deviant400
Dec-04-2012, 18:52
can some one help me please , im having trouble with the chat /info window, i see people adding code like <rr and <tl plus others , i dont know what all these mean, ive been told that <rr is refuel ,
After taking the Stuka out a fair few times ive managed to actually get over a target scream down drop me bombs and escape back to my field and land, how do i re arm/re fuel , i alt and click to enter the info window and type <rr but nothing happens, am i doing this wrong?
also i was told to shift/tab to bring up the console (whatever that is) to get frame rates and such but it only brought up steam till i unchecked it , but still it does nothing,
so please can someone tell me what all the little codes are and how to input them otherwise i end up dumping my plane at the airfield and re spawning and i believe thats not cricket as it were , cheers jim
:recon:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-04-2012, 19:43
Deviant,

Rearm and Refuel only work for fighters (except the G50).

Colander.