PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Simulations Update - In-game footage of the Gladiator MK.II

Mysticpuma
Mar-24-2017, 12:38
Well now the news that we have signed the deal has gone public, get ready for the all-in-one patch to go live!

Initially our patches from v3.00 to v4.312 will be made into a single download patch and available via Steam. This should be available in the next few-days and do away with the need to download multiple patches. Just head to Steam and download the single patch (although if you already have our patches installed there is no-need as it's the same version).

One thing you will need to do is to go into 'Beta' downloads on in Steam as this is what the official v4.312 patch is listed under. Here's a picture to show how to do it. Make sure to select the teamfusionmod:

THE UPDATE IS NOT LIVE YET!

Now that we're moving forward at a much faster pace, here's a short video showing just one of the many aircraft we intend to bring to the Simulator this-year.

The research that went into modelling the Gladiator MK.II cockpit has spanned hundreds of hours from gathering the smallest details (like writing on fuse-boxes) to how the canopy and handles operate. Please note this is a Work in Progress but close to ready :)

I took the aircraft for a ride and had a look around the cockpit, also some external shots showing the exhaust flames matching throttle control and finally a little dogfighting, which, you'll see that if you are an enemy against me, you are quite safe in the skies! I couldn't hit a barn door with a baseball at 2-feet :)

Anyway, here's the video, hope you like it, cheers, Mysticpuma/Team Fusion Simulations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwfnr6PZ-y8&feature=youtu.be

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for more news and updates:

https://www.facebook.com/teamfusionmod

ATAG_Vampire
Mar-24-2017, 13:01
Things just keep on getting better!!!

Really enjoyed the video, thanks for taking the time and sharing MP. :thumbsup:

o7

IIJG27Rich
Mar-24-2017, 13:12
Fantastic stuff. You shoot better than I do MP :salute:

Whizkid
Mar-24-2017, 13:24
You guys are just bloody amazing!
Thank you so much!

ATAG_Ribbs
Mar-24-2017, 13:33
Awesome work! All the people that worked on it did a fantastic job! Loved the video thanks for sharing it! That thing is going to be a handful in a turn fight..With anyone that dares to try. Haha Great stuff TFS!

ATAG_Ribbs
Mar-24-2017, 13:57
I'm curious on what version are we getting, and what armorment? I see versions with one 12.7/ and a 7.2. I also see a version with 2 12.7s. and a version with bomb racks that can carry 2 50 or 100lb bombs. If you believe wicky. That's what I'm going off of.

So don't kill me if it's not correct..Haha the video sounded like 303's

DUI
Mar-24-2017, 14:15
Amazing, outstanding, superb! :gourmet: :bravo:

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-24-2017, 14:25
Absolutely love it !!!

Taxman
Mar-24-2017, 14:43
[QUOTE=Mysticpuma;260362]Well now the news that we have signed the deal has gone public, get ready for the all-in-one patch to go live!

Initially our patches from v3.00 to v4.312 will be made into a single download patch and available via Steam. This should be available in the next few-days and do away with the need to download multiple patches. Just head to Steam and download the single patch (although if you already have our patches installed there is no-need as it's the same version).

One thing you will need to do is turn 'Beta' downloads on in Steam as that is what the official v4.312 patch is listed under. Here's a picture to show how to do it:

Now that we're moving forward at a much faster pace, here's a short video showing just one of the many aircraft we intend to bring to the Simulator this-year.

The research that went into modelling the Gladiator MK.II cockpit has spanned hundreds of hours from gathering the smallest details (like writing on fuse-boxes) to how the canopy and handles operate. Please note this is a Work in Progress but close to ready :)

Boy did I goof. I just updated steam, COD was running just fine. I read this post and decided to go to Steam Library and get ready for the upcoming updates, and a down load started so I just let go. I now cannot launch COD in any way, my old short cut, in folder icon or any other way. When I go to task manager it shows that the launcher is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:(

Hurricane
Mar-24-2017, 14:49
OMG, totally amazing. I am always a sucker for something different. :cool:

Great work guys.

Best regards, :salute:
Mike.

DUI
Mar-24-2017, 14:53
@Taxman: As the new TF beta patch is not released yet you probably installed the old (non TF) beta patch from end of last year. This one did not work with the TF patches and afaik only produced problems.

I would assume that you have to reinstall the TF patches separately the good old way. Or you trust in MP's "next few days"-statement and wait until TF beta patch is released.
If you have not done so already, better copy all the config-files in your Mod-folder. To assure that you can recover your settings in case something goes wrong with them.

DerDa
Mar-24-2017, 15:14
In the light of taxman's (understandable) mistake:

Would there be someone now with the power and ability to remove this catastrophic last years non-TFS 'update' from steam?
Just to avoid that other people do the same mistake.

Otherwise:
Wonderful update! I already fell in love with the Gladiator :)

Barone
Mar-24-2017, 15:25
Good to see the first step out. Now looking forward for dx11 patch.
S!

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk

Taxman
Mar-24-2017, 15:30
@Taxman: As the new TF beta patch is not released yet you probably installed the old (non TF) beta patch from end of last year. This one did not work with the TF patches and afaik only produced problems.

I would assume that you have to reinstall the TF patches separately the good old way. Or you trust in MP's "next few days"-statement and wait until TF beta patch is released.
If you have not done so already, better copy all the config-files in your Mod-folder. To assure that you can recover your settings in case something goes wrong with them.

In the light of taxman's (understandable) mistake:

Would there be someone now with the power and ability to remove this catastrophic last years non-TFS 'update' from steam?
Just to avoid that other people do the same mistake.

Otherwise:
Wonderful update! I already fell in love with the Gladiator :)

Thanks guys, I will wait for MP's "next few days" TF beta patch release, even though I do have all the patch's. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Laser
Mar-24-2017, 15:40
Thanks for sharing this update with us MP.

Gotta say I can't wait to try out the Gladiator after seeing this, it looks awesome:thumbsup:

Thank you to all at TFS for your hard work, and attention to detail to continually improve this great sim for us all, and the official signing of the agreement is great news too.

Onwards and upwards :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-24-2017, 15:59
Hello Fellas

Please understand, the Gladiator will not be available in the soon to be released 'Beta' patch... that is just TF 4.312, the same as it is now.

After TF 4.312, we will release TF 4.5... which will replace it. TF 4.5 will be updated to DX11 and will have a few extras, including some new flyables and improvements. (not the Gladiator)

After that, we will release TF 5.0... which will include the Gladiator and Fiat CR-42 among other new flyables.

Thanks

FAE_Cazador
Mar-24-2017, 16:52
Very nice footage, MP, and very good work, TF!. Thumbs up! And don't worry about your shooting skills, MP, many of us wouldn't hit the rainbow, if we tried....:)

One question about the cockpit: what a weird position the tachometer has, there on the right side of the panel, and so tilted, isn't?

Sorry for my English, not my native language.

BR

Mysticpuma
Mar-24-2017, 16:57
It's accurate though ;)

Regarding updating CloD. Just wait a few days at most, v4.312 will arrive and kill off the last patch that caused issues :)

ATAG_Laser
Mar-24-2017, 17:04
Hello Fellas

Please understand, the Gladiator will not be available in the soon to be released 'Beta' patch... that is just TF 4.312, the same as it is now.

After TF 4.312, we will release TF 4.5... which will replace it. TF 4.5 will be updated to DX11 and will have a few extras, including some new flyables and improvements. (not the Gladiator)

After that, we will release TF 5.0... which will include the Gladiator and Fiat CR-42 among other new flyables.

Thanks

Understood Buzz,

I had actually assumed that we would have to wait until patch 5.0 for the Gladiator, but it's good to know that we will be getting some interim extra's in patch 4.5.

Would you be able to say if patch 4.5 will be released soon?, not that I am being impatient or anything, these things take as long as they take, and I really appreciate all the hard work that TFS have done, and continue to do for us.

You guys rock :thumbsup:

Taxman
Mar-24-2017, 17:07
It's accurate though ;)

Regarding updating CloD. Just wait a few days at most, v4.312 will arrive and kill off the last patch that caused issues :)

Great, thanks for the confirmation. :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-24-2017, 17:18
Would you be able to say if patch 4.5 will be released soon?

We are hoping to release TF 4.5 in a number of months... not soon.

We have not yet received the Source Code... the transfer is still in process.

Once we get it, everyone must understand it will need some time for our coders to look at it and familiarize themselves... it is a very complex piece of software.

Then all of our current mods... which are work arounds and less than optimal have to be written to the SC properly.

We then have to enable DX11, we have to add a number of other elements... not simple.

We have to be systematic about this, not rush or botch the job... we are now expected to provide a professional level product.

So it will be some time.

Vlerkies
Mar-24-2017, 17:27
Blah blah fishpaste.

Leave the gin, stop chasing the old ladies in their zimmers round the bowling green, and in about '2 weeks' I reckon it's done and dusted.

No problems here, moving along
:salute:

EDIT: re-reading, Bugger, hope that was seen as all a bit of tongue in cheek. Just having a laugh, not at TF's expense, just he old il2 2 week thing.
:)

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-24-2017, 19:01
Thanks MP and Buzz and TFS. Of all the new 'stuff' coming i think im most excited by the Gladiator so thanks for the video. Its pretty much the end of the develomental line of British fighters that started with the Sopwith Pup in WW1 and it will be interesting to see how well people can fly it against the monoplane fighters it came up against. Looking fwd to the challenge and Looking fwd to a nice 3 Sqn RAAF skin in the future hopefully.

Thanks again.

Ezzie

buster_dee
Mar-24-2017, 19:09
Nice but, as an old mechanic, seeing yellow flame makes me cringe. I want to pry the pilot's hands off and get the bird into the shop before it's too late. Basically, blue is good and yellow is bad--with lots of permutations in between as an engine "catches up" to a new power setting (Air Ministry Air Diagram 2490 of Jan 43 depicts the basics nicely). I mention it because it shows up on several sims these days. Yellow must have a cool factor.

Oh, the other slice in the sandwich: love the work.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-24-2017, 19:28
Nice but, as an old mechanic, seeing yellow flame makes me cringe. I want to pry the pilot's hands off and get the bird into the shop before it's too late. Basically, blue is good and yellow is bad--with lots of permutations in between as an engine "catches up" to a new power setting (Air Ministry Air Diagram 2490 of Jan 43 depicts the basics nicely). I mention it because it shows up on several sims these days. Yellow must have a cool factor.

Oh, the other slice in the sandwich: love the work.

The yellow in fact is a indicator the engine is not running correctly.... you will notice when the throttle is backed off it appears... when the engine is running at normal throttle and at normal rpms and boost, you will see blue flame... when the engine is running too hot at too high rpms, the flame will start to go red or yellow.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-24-2017, 19:34
Thanks MP and Buzz and TFS. Of all the new 'stuff' coming i think im most excited by the Gladiator so thanks for the video. Its pretty much the end of the develomental line of British fighters that started with the Sopwith Pup in WW1 and it will be interesting to see how well people can fly it against the monoplane fighters it came up against. Looking fwd to the challenge and Looking fwd to a nice 3 Sqn RAAF skin in the future hopefully.

Thanks again.

Ezzie

Actually if the mission setup is done correctly, the Gladiator will never be matched up against modern German types.

In the Desert and Greece, where the Glads saw most of their service, they were matched against Fiat CR-42's and a few Fiat G-50's. By the time the 109E's arrived in the Desert, the British had converted their front line aircraft to Hurricanes.

On Malta, where actually despite the legends, very few Glads saw service, (total of 7 planes) they were matched against Fiat CR-42's, Macchi C-200's and at the very end of their service as front line combat aircraft, against Bf-110's.

So the main opposition for the Glads with be Fiat CR-42's... which I believe will be a good one... and a lot of fun. :D

On the other hand, the Fiat CR-42 saw service against Hurricanes, P-40's, Martlet's and Sea Hurricanes on Carriers, even Spits.... as it was used as a Fighter-bomber by the Italians right up to 1942. After that, it was primarily used as a Nightfighter.

ATAG_Dave
Mar-24-2017, 20:48

Thanks again.

Ezzie

RELUCTANT SALE:

1 Messershmitt BF110 - One carefull owner. Only flown at weekends and never below 17,000 feet. Full service history. Hardly any bullet holes....

S!

DUI
Mar-24-2017, 21:52
Did you have to change anything on the exterior model of the Gladiator or was the quality of the original developers on such a high level to just keep it as was?

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-25-2017, 00:54
RELUCTANT SALE:

1 Messershmitt BF110 - One carefull owner. Only flown at weekends and never below 17,000 feet. Full service history. Hardly any bullet holes....

S!

Ha ha - very nice Dave.

I might have to drop the price a bit as i cant remove all the blood stains in the rear seat though.

Ezzie

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-25-2017, 01:03
Actually if the mission setup is done correctly, the Gladiator will never be matched up against modern German types.

In the Desert and Greece, where the Glads saw most of their service, they were matched against Fiat CR-42's and a few Fiat G-50's. By the time the 109E's arrived in the Desert, the British had converted their front line aircraft to Hurricanes.

On Malta, where actually despite the legends, very few Glads saw service, (total of 7 planes) they were matched against Fiat CR-42's, Macchi C-200's and at the very end of their service as front line combat aircraft, against Bf-110's.

So the main opposition for the Glads with be Fiat CR-42's... which I believe will be a good one... and a lot of fun. :D

On the other hand, the Fiat CR-42 saw service against Hurricanes, P-40's, Martlet's and Sea Hurricanes on Carriers, even Spits.... as it was used as a Fighter-bomber by the Italians right up to 1942. After that, it was primarily used as a Nightfighter.

Thanks Buzz.

You raise a good point about mission balance. I wonder how a 1940 western desert map mission (ie before the Luftwaffe turned up) would be received by the community when there would be no Spits and 109s to fly?

Do you think most would enjoy flying something other than a 109/spit or would they prefer to not fly at all if they arent available?

I'd like to think players would welcome the chance to fly something new but i know when i made London Ruft a fair chunk of people found it too different and stopped playing when it came on in the rotation. So its hard to know what people like sometimes. I guess we'll find out if we do make one.

Ezzie

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-25-2017, 01:48
Thanks Buzz.

You raise a good point about mission balance. I wonder how a 1940 western desert map mission (ie before the Luftwaffe turned up) would be received by the community when there would be no Spits and 109s to fly?

Do you think most would enjoy flying something other than a 109/spit or would they prefer to not fly at all if they arent available?

I'd like to think players would welcome the chance to fly something new but i know when i made London Ruft a fair chunk of people found it too different and stopped playing when it came on in the rotation. So its hard to know what people like sometimes. I guess we'll find out if we do make one.

Ezzie

Indeed. I'd hope people would be willing to try something new, because if they aren't, what's the point of making new things. :D

I had never bombed from high and figured today since I had two hours to fly why not try something new rather than the same. After reading the guides and climbing to 20k, 30 minutes later I noticed, "hey this doesn't look like Dover which my protractor line predicted...it looks much more like Scotland".

The one time I use a compass in CloD I get lost... go figure. Point being I tried something new and failed. So next time I fly you bet I'll try it again. Until I get it I won't stop. By venturing off into something new I've opened yet another corner of CloD I didn't know existed or better put I didn't know could be fun regardless of the outcome. Once I get this down I'm off to the BR20, then the 111, then the G50...still untouched for me.

I understand wanting to fly how you love in something you adore (me + wildcat) but we miss so much of this sim with that mentality. We need to branch off, some of us do, a lot dont.

I think with you and Freya you can come up with something nice and rounded for all. :thumbsup:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-25-2017, 01:58
Thanks Buzz.

Ezzie

You know what Ezzie.... you might be right. Some people have rigid concepts... they are unable to adapt, they are unable to conceive of anything being 'fun' except what their pre-conceived notions tell them. They probably won't like a map with nothing but CR-42's, Gladiators, G-50's, early Hurricanes, Blenheims and BR-20's. (on the other hand I think the bomber guys would... since the bombers are nearly as fast and have nearly comparable armament :) )

On the other hand, those who have open minds and are willing to try something a little different might be surprised at their level of enjoyment in flying a 'crap' plane. :idea:

Personally I find it interesting and a challenge to fly all types... I think it makes me more adaptable when I come back to a favourite and a better virtual pilot. ;)

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-25-2017, 02:49
Thanks Buzz and Spiritus.

Just had a thought about a way to approach this for an online mission. For the first 2 hours only the pre-Feb/April 1941 plane set is available so it would be as you describe Buzz re CR42 v Gladiator and early Hurris etc. And then at the 2 hr mark Luftwaffe aircraft and updated RAF/RA plane set become available so there would be 109s and Tomahawks etc. Players could still continue to fly Glads/ CR42 in the second 2 hrs if they wanted to see how they would go against 109s etc.

Anyway just a thought about one way to approach this.

Ezzie

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Mar-25-2017, 05:39
Can't wait to mach up CR.42s and Gladiators to see how they compare - I see much fun in the future with these...

Keep up the good work TFS! :salute:

buster_dee
Mar-25-2017, 05:55
The yellow in fact is a indicator the engine is not running correctly.... you will notice when the throttle is backed off it appears... when the engine is running at normal throttle and at normal rpms and boost, you will see blue flame... when the engine is running too hot at too high rpms, the flame will start to go red or yellow.

Agreed. If the vid backed that up (got on my horse when I thought I saw lean at stable rpm) I'm glad to eat crow on this one.

Now, pop on cut would be AWESOME.

Let me guess: that's already in too.

Hurricane
Mar-25-2017, 07:26
On the other hand, those who have open minds and are willing to try something a little different might be surprised at their level of enjoyment in flying a 'crap' plane. :idea:

Buzz, i hope you are not calling the Gladiator, "a crap aircraft" ? :) :D

Best regards, :salute:
Mike.

1lokos
Mar-25-2017, 11:44
Nice work, this Gladiator cockpit maintain the good CloD cockpit visuals.

But - sorry to be "Pedantic" :D - Gladiator will use the same broken (https://postimg.cc/image/kq7gbcah7/) Spit/Hurri P-8 compass? :S

https://s4.postimg.org/9p88twvbh/P-8.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/w161naufd/)hosting image (https://postimage.org/)

ATAG_Colander
Mar-25-2017, 11:53
Nice work, this Gladiator cockpit maintain the good CloD cockpit visuals.

But - sorry to be "Pedantic" :D - Gladiator will use the same broken Spit/Hurri P-8 compass? :S

Someone once said, if is broken, don't fix it.
;)

1lokos
Mar-25-2017, 11:57
Someone once said, if is broken, don't fix it.
;)

Nah, you hidden a word in this quote. :-P

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-25-2017, 13:54
You know what Ezzie.... you might be right. Some people have rigid concepts... they are unable to adapt, they are unable to conceive of anything being 'fun' except what their pre-conceived notions tell them. They probably won't like a map with nothing but CR-42's, Gladiators, G-50's, early Hurricanes, Blenheims and BR-20's. (on the other hand I think the bomber guys would... since the bombers are nearly as fast and have nearly comparable armament :) )

Personally I find it interesting and a challenge to fly all types... I think it makes me more adaptable when I come back to a favourite and a better virtual pilot. ;)

I'm really really excited about the Gladiator !!

farley
Mar-25-2017, 13:58

So am I seas. Going to be great fun, even if i end up being a "gladiator" thrown to the lions!:)

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-25-2017, 14:27
I really like bi-planes... I've taken the Moth up from Hornchurch a few times before on the Axis Allies server... just for kicks...

At least the Glady will have guns !!

Just looks like a great little plane.

ATAG_Dave
Mar-25-2017, 16:06

They have one of these at one of my local airfields - great plane to watch fly aerobatics. Looking forward to flying one in the virtual skies :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-25-2017, 17:35
Stunning cockpit details...I am blown away again!

Thanks for the update ...~S~

BOO
Mar-25-2017, 17:56
Hi

I know DX11 is coming but is the game 32 or 64bit currently?

And does that make a difference (like it did to bos) and if it isn't already is it going to be 64bit eventually?

Finally, whilst I love the Gladiator my anal side is a bit "meh" about the "TF" on the bolts under the gun sight. I can live with "Maddox" on the bolts behind me in the hurri but these are in too prominent a position for such treatment for my tastes. Picky and ungrateful I know. :recon:

Blitzen
Mar-25-2017, 18:32

ATAG_Laser
Mar-25-2017, 21:04

I pretty much always fly Spits and Hurricanes, mainly because I am still relatively inexperienced with flight sims and think it is probably better to concentrate on getting better at one or two types than trying to learn them all at once, but I would jump at the chance to try flying the Gladiator, just so long as the opposition is flying comparable aircraft such as the CR42.

Taking to the skies in a Gladiator if the blues are all in 109's or 110's would be suicidal

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-25-2017, 21:08
I pretty much always fly Spits and Hurricanes, mainly because I am still relatively inexperienced with flight sims and think it is probably better to concentrate on getting better at one or two types than trying to learn them all at once, but I would jump at the chance to try flying the Gladiator, just so long as the opposition is flying comparable aircraft such as the CR42.

Taking to the skies in a Gladiator if the blues are all in 109's or 110's would be suicidal

It wouldn't be suicidal... the Gladiator can outturn anything, and would be able to avoid any attack it saw... but a 109 flown by an experienced pilot would be in zero danger. There would be no opportunity for the Gladiator pilot to do anything but try to avoid being killed... he couldn't counter.

And if you get a pair of 109's teaming up... which can happen very quickly when an aircraft as slow as a Glad is involved, then things get quite a bit more dangerous for the Glad.

On the other hand if an inexperienced 109 pilot let himself get caught on the deck by a Gladiator with more 'E', then he'd had a nasty 4 gun hornet stuck to his tail permanently, unless a friendly could shoot it off.

The CR42 would be somewhat similar in relation to a Spit... but the CR-42 has the advantage of being a little faster than the Glad and climbs better too... all while being able to turn circles around a Spit. A smart Spit or Hurricane pilot would never mix it up with a CR-42.

ATAG_Ribbs
Mar-25-2017, 23:23
Hi

I know DX11 is coming but is the game 32 or 64bit currently?

And does that make a difference (like it did to bos) and if it isn't already is it going to be 64bit eventually?

Finally, whilst I love the Gladiator my anal side is a bit "meh" about the "TF" on the bolts under the gun sight. I can live with "Maddox" on the bolts behind me in the hurri but these are in too prominent a position for such treatment for my tastes. Picky and ungrateful I know. :recon:
I totally disagree with the bolts. I love the little touch..They have earned that with all the hard work and free time dedication they have put in. I know some purists will have a problem with it. I personally think they have earned it and its a nice touch. It needs to be updated to TFS now tho!

EAF331 Starfire
Mar-26-2017, 06:21
When will we see aircraft for allied CAS/Interdiction pilots?
Like Hurri-bombers and Beufighters?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-26-2017, 15:16
When will we see aircraft for allied CAS/Interdiction pilots?
Like Hurri-bombers and Beufighters?

In 1941 when they appeared historically... ;)

With TF 5.0 patch... until then you will need to use Blenheims if you want to drop bombs.

kashiide
Mar-26-2017, 16:43
Finally, whilst I love the Gladiator my anal side is a bit "meh" about the "TF" on the bolts under the gun sight. I can live with "Maddox" on the bolts behind me in the hurri but these are in too prominent a position for such treatment for my tastes. Picky and ungrateful I know. :recon:[/QUOTE]

So don't worry about it. removed.

BOO
Mar-26-2017, 17:11

So don't worry about it. removed.[/QUOTE]

I have accepted "live with it" after all the hard work to date but thanks for listening!

EAF331 Starfire
Mar-27-2017, 06:50
In 1941 when they appeared historically... ;)

With TF 5.0 patch... until then you will need to use Blenheims if you want to drop bombs.

I thought that the idear with the desert map was going to be '41-42. P-40's, HurriBomber, SpitVb/Vc, 109E7, 109F, 109G2, 110G2.
I guess I will have to stick to BoX/DCS, then.

DerDa
Mar-27-2017, 07:00
I thought that the idear with the desert map was going to be '41-42. P-40's, HurriBomber, SpitVb/Vc, 109E7, 109F, 109G2, 110G2.

TFS 5.0 is the desert map with P-40's, HurriBomber, SpitVb/Vc, 109E7, 109F ... (nobody talked about 109 G up to now as far as i know).

Mysticpuma
Mar-27-2017, 12:10

Not expecting the Spitfire Vc nor 109-G2 (we have never mentioned the G2), but there is considerably more content and aircraft than we have listed yet :)

farley
Mar-27-2017, 12:41
Maybe this is an obvious thought, but the thing I am looking forward to the most with TFS 5.0 is not only to be flying a totally different map with new aircraft, but to be flying with the same great group of people!

To me, that's the clincher..... :thumbsup::)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-27-2017, 13:21

Yes, those will be available... all the P-40's will carry bombs, so will the Hurricane II's.

The Spit V's were used for air superiority in '41 and '42, didn't carry bombs.

109E-7 will carry bombs, so will the 109F... There will be no Bf110G-2... that was more of a late '42 early '43 aircraft.

Fiat CR-42 will also carry bombs, and at this point if we can find the data files, the G-50 may also be able to carry bombs.

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-27-2017, 13:41
Maybe this is an obvious thought, but the thing I am looking forward to the most with TFS 5.0 is not only to be flying a totally different map with new aircraft, but to be flying with the same great group of people!

To me, that's the clincher..... :thumbsup::)

That's it in a nutshell.

I'm going nowhere

(Not in the way my teachers at school thought though)

(possibly)

IIJG27Rich
Mar-27-2017, 14:45
Not expecting the Spitfire Vc nor 109-G2 (we have never mentioned the G2), but there is considerably more content and aircraft than we have listed yet :)

I aint havin nothin to do with any of them gull dern G models...when I have my lovely F :)

Akula93
Mar-28-2017, 06:11
Yes, those will be available... all the P-40's will carry bombs, so will the Hurricane II's.

The Spit V's were used for air superiority in '41 and '42, didn't carry bombs.

109E-7 will carry bombs, so will the 109F... There will be no Bf110G-2... that was more of a late '42 early '43 aircraft.

Fiat CR-42 will also carry bombs, and at this point if we can find the data files, the G-50 may also be able to carry bombs.

This picture probably shows G.50 with bomb rack and MGs on wings.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/8296-The-Italian-aircraft-armament?p=165286#post165286

Additional info with pictures here:

http://www.alieuomini.it/AJAX/catalogo/dettaglio2_catalogo/6/

"FIAT G.50 bis A
motore: FIAT A.74 RC.38 - potenza: cv. 840 a 3.800 m. - apertura alare: m. 12,38 - lunghezza: m. 8,03 - altezza: m. 2,96 - superficie alare: m2 21,00 – pesi: a vuoto kg. 2.318 - massimo: kg. 3.338 - velocità massima/minima: km/h. 422/126 - tempo di salita: 8’ 12” a 6.000 m. - tangenza massima: 10..500 m. - autonomia: km. 1.000 - armamento: 4 mitragliatrici da 12,7 mm. (2 in fusoliera, 2 alari) - carico bellico: 2 bombe da 100 kg. - progettista: Giuseppe Gabrielli - primo volo del prototipo: MM. 8595 il 3 ottobre 1942 - località: Torino"

"PRODUZIONE

MM. 334 - primo prototipo (CMASA)
MM. 335 - secondo prototipo (CMASA)
MM. 479 - prototipo G.50 V (CMASA)
MM. - G.50 ter (modifica CMASA da G.50 bis)
MM. 855 - G.50 bis-A
MM. 3570-3614 - n. 45 (ottobre 1938-luglio 1939, CMASA) I serie
MM. 4721-4756 - n. 36 (settembre-dicembre 1939, CMASA) II serie
MM. 4937-4966 - n. 30 (dicembre 1939-marzo 1940, CMASA) III serie
MM. 5361-5460 - n. 100 (marzo-agosto 1940, CMASA) IV serie
MM. 5461-5485 - n. 25 (CMASA) bis V serie
MM. 5933-6247 - n. 315 (novembre 1940-aprile 1942, FIAT) bis V serie
MM. 6328-6414 - n. 87 (CMASA) bis VII serie
MM. 6953-6962 - n. 10 (ottobre-novembre 1940, CMASA) bis VI serie
MM. 8561-8595 - n. 35 (aprile-maggio 1942, FIAT) bis VII serie"

"L’Africa settentrionale

Il primo uso dei G. 50 in Libia, è comunque molto travagliato. Gli italiani volano in questo Paese dal lontano 1911, ma quando in un momento critico, nuovi velivoli debbono essere gettati nella lotta, non c'è che il G. 50, ma nessuno ha pensato di predisporlo per un eventuale uso in Africa. Le macchine, sprovviste di filtro antisabbia, non fanno in tempo ad arrivare che sono inutilizzabili. Solo in seguito vengono inviate macchine appositamente predisposte.

Vediamo la successione cronologica degli arrivi: 358a squadriglia il 23 dicembre, 2° gruppo (150a – 152a) il 30 dicembre, 155° gruppo (351a-360a-378a) il 29 gennaio 1941, per un totale di 76 velivoli. Di essi, al 6 febbraio, resta molto poco. Alla perdita della Cirenaica, ha corrisposto infatti un logorante impiego dei mezzi aerei.

Più delle perdite dirette, in combattimento, o gli aerei distrutti al suolo, contano gli incidenti dovuti al particolare teatro operativo e la difficilissima situazione logistica alle -spalle di un fronte in continuo ripiegamento. Non c'è il tempo materiale per poter eseguire le riparazioni sui velivoli danneggiati che debbono essere abbandonati e distrutti, se non consentono un sia pur precario volo di trasferimento verso sedi aeroportuali più sicure.

Fiat G.50 bis/AS (VII serie CMASA) 151a squadriglia (20° gruppo autonomo)
Martuba (Libia), novembre 1940

Riconquistata la Cirenaica, il 18 novembre 1941 comincia la seconda offensiva britannica. Per contrastarla, i G. 50 del 200 gruppo, si spostano dalla loro sede di Martuba al campo trampolino di Sidi Rezegh. Durante il rifornimento, il campo è investito da truppe corazzate nemiche penetrate per oltre 80 km. nel nostro schieramento senza essere contrastate e, quel che è peggio, neppure segnalate. Otto piloti riescono ad avviare i motori degli apparecchi, ma solo tre conducono a termine il decollo e possono attaccare le forze avversarie. Il 19 novembre vengono così perduti ben 18 G. 50.

Contenuta inizialmente l'offensiva nemica, verso il 7 dicembre si è costretti ad iniziare il ripiegamento nel tentativo di stabilire una linea difensiva da Bengasi ad Agedabia. La notte del 22 dicembre l'aeroporto di quest'ultima località viene attaccato da commandos inglesi infiltratisi attraverso i nuclei dell'Afrika Korps. E' un'altra ecatombe di velivoli italiani e tedeschi: tra essi, 5 G. 50 del 20° gruppo.

FIAT G.50 bis/AS (V serie Aeritalia), 352.a squadriglia (20° gruppo autonomo), Libia.
Fiat G.50 bis/AS (V serie Aeritalia), 352a squadriglia (20° gruppo autonomo), Libia

Il 25 dicembre rimangono in Libia solo i G. 50 dei 12° gruppo, a Castelbenito. Nel luglio 1942, quando le forze italo-tedesche, dopo la seconda riconquista della Cirenaica, sono quasi giunte al canale di Suez, il reparto di G. 50 ha in carico 43 velivoli; in novembre essi si riducono a 23. Dopo El Alamein, il resto delle forze dell'Asse abbandona definitivamente la Cirenaica e la Tripolitania, per attestarsi in Tunisia. All'inizio di gennaio, la 368a squadriglia è a Sfax, con 12 G. 50. Le ultime quattro macchine efficienti vengono distrutte al suolo, sullo stesso campo, in data 30 marzo 1943. La 368a squadriglia assalto è l'ultimo reparto su G. 50 in terra d'Africa.

La dizione « assalto » non è nuova per il velivolo; già in Libia esso è stato attrezzato con porta-bombe sub-alari. Alla fine della carriera, radiato come caccia, vede finalmente l'uso di quell'armamento di caduta, previsto in sede di progettazione.

Fiat G.50 bis/AS MM.6236, V serie Aeritalia 368a squadriglia 151° gruppo 53° stormo “Asso di Spade” Sfax Tunisia 1943
Fiat G.50 bis/AS (MM.6236, V serie Aeritalia)

368a squadriglia (151° gruppo, 53° stormo “Asso di Spade”) Sfax (Tunisia) 1943
La mimetizzazione del velivolo è del tipo a “ramarro” propria ai velivoli prodotti dalla Fiat nel 1942
ma non ritenuta idonea dalla Regia Aeronautica e pertanto non adottata su altri velivoli.
L’ogiva dell’elica, a protezione dalla sabbia, racchiude interamente mozzo e dispositivo di calettamento

Libia, primavera 1941; Fiat G.50 bis Freccia della 352a squadriglia (20° gruppo, 51° stormo) in volo sul deserto
Libia, primavera 1941; Fiat G.50 bis Freccia della
352a squadriglia (20° gruppo, 51° stormo) in volo sul deserto
Libia primavera 1941 Fiat G.50 bis Freccia
Libia, primavera 1941; un pilota di un Fiat G.50 bis Freccia
si accinge al decollo

Fiat G.50 bis Freccia 161° gruppo autonomo
Egeo, rifornimento con pompa a mano per un Fiat G.50 bis Freccia del 161° gruppo autonomo.
Il reparto è operante nel possedimento con dotazione mista di Fiat CR.42"

CG_Justin
Mar-28-2017, 11:07
I hope there will be a pre-order for TF 5.0. I will support in any way I can. I will even buy a couple as gifts and do a couple raffles for new people if it's even possible. This project and team deserves all the help and support of the ENTIRE community, no matter whether you prefer to fly here, BoS, RoF, or even whats left of the sim community over at that arcade game that shall not be named. The Gladiator is EASILY on par, if not better quality than what was shipped in the original sim. There should be some sort of award for you TFS guys! :bravo:

IIJG27Rich
Mar-28-2017, 14:51
I hope there will be a pre-order for TF 5.0. I will support in any way I can. I will even buy a couple as gifts and do a couple raffles for new people if it's even possible. This project and team deserves all the help and support of the ENTIRE community, no matter whether you prefer to fly here, BoS, RoF, or even whats left of the sim community over at that arcade game that shall not be named. The Gladiator is EASILY on par, if not better quality than what was shipped in the original sim. There should be some sort of award for you TFS guys! :bravo:

It would be nice to have at least two weeks notice before it comes out. reason be the time it takes cash to clear through paypal:sobbing:

Mysticpuma
Mar-28-2017, 15:01
There will be plenty of news in the lead up to release :)

Tibsun
Mar-28-2017, 18:58
Sorry offtopic, but I searched for the Gladiator Pro Mk.II Joystick thread to announce that its available to pre order for europe customers, and discovered that it got almost the same name as this plane :D

IIJG27Rich
Mar-28-2017, 20:52
There will be plenty of news in the lead up to release :)

That's good..Nothing would be more torturous than sitting around waiting 8 days for cash to clear while everyone else is flying new aeroplanes over the Sahara.:)

ATAG_Flare
Mar-28-2017, 20:53

There will be P-40s (C and E I think), Spit Vb (no Vc I think), 109E7, 109F, no 109G-2 or 110G-2 though, I think the Hurri II will be added? Not sure on that one. The Martlet will be added also.

TF 5.0 is generally regarded as the IL2: 1941 expansion. Not 1942, but included most of the planes we'll see in the west and in Italy in 41.

VII.Racetrack
Mar-29-2017, 02:24
Hey MP,

can you show us something regarding the new sounds in the next update?

Keep it going, hope to see and fly the new patch soon!

=FI=Murph
Mar-29-2017, 16:52
I think we'll also be getting a flyable Beaufighter, Yes? That one's got me really excited.

kashiide
Mar-29-2017, 17:10
Yes

Hurricane
Mar-29-2017, 17:25
The man from Delmonte, he say yes. roflmao

Brilliant, look forward to having another aircraft to crash. :)

Best wishes, :salute:
Mike.

rel4y
Mar-29-2017, 17:27
Two quick questions that have been burning on my mind:

Are there any plans to enable native 4K texture & normal map support with the introduction of the DX11 rendering engine? Especially the liveries of large bombers could profit highly from such a modification.
Also is the change from 32 to 64 bit application planned sometime down the road? I would guess that being able to address more RAM would enhance performance on these huge open worlds that flight sims are bound to have.

Thanks TF! :salute: