PDA

View Full Version : Steel Division 1944

hnbdgr
Apr-09-2017, 13:27
Steel Division: Normandy 44

http://store.steampowered.com/app/572410/

developed by Eugen/Paradox seems a nice mix of close combat, wargame and possibly company of heroes. worth checking out.

that is all.

Hurricane
Apr-09-2017, 13:51
Yeah my kind of game, i was looking at it yesterday thanks buddy. :thumbsup:

Best regards,
Mike.

ATAG_Flare
Apr-09-2017, 16:29
I am just about to buy this one. Was a fan of Wargame even though I was terrible at it, but this seems like it is slower paced and a bit easier, so I'm gonna try it out.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-09-2017, 22:51
Historical accuracy obviously not a priority...

Stukas in Normandy... :wtf:

Pz Mk III's... (very few if any)

But no doubt a fun arcade game.

ATAG_((dB))
Apr-10-2017, 03:30
I really like the Wargame series it was very detailed and I receive an Eugen email about this game a few month back I put it on my Steam basket and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me it's downloading right now :thumbsup:

hnbdgr
Apr-10-2017, 05:57
No worries! Got it yesterday didn't get a chance to play for long but from what I've seen it's got lots of potential.

As far as historical accuracy, obviously some liberties were taken but for instance I didn't see any Ju87 or Pz III in the panzer division composition. Just IVH, J's and JU88.

What's more important is the general realism of the battlefield with realistic movement (maybe a tad too fast at default), realistic ranges, etc.

Btw buzz if you're into eastern front at all, check out Graviteam Mius Front - dev's are obsessed with historical accuracy, very good game though!

Hurricane
Apr-10-2017, 06:33
I am terrible at all RTS games, but i still enjoy them ;)

Best regards,
Mike.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-10-2017, 14:38
No worries! Got it yesterday didn't get a chance to play for long but from what I've seen it's got lots of potential.

As far as historical accuracy, obviously some liberties were taken but for instance I didn't see any Ju87 or Pz III in the panzer division composition. Just IVH, J's and JU88.

What's more important is the general realism of the battlefield with realistic movement (maybe a tad too fast at default), realistic ranges, etc.

Btw buzz if you're into eastern front at all, check out Graviteam Mius Front - dev's are obsessed with historical accuracy, very good game though!

Haven't played the game... no time... but the promo video shows Stukas and Mk III's.

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-10-2017, 18:54
If you guys like these kinds of games you should check out the men of war series and allied assult squad.1-2 The o my other game I play besides CLOD. I'm going to check this one out as well thanks!

No.401_Wolverine
Apr-11-2017, 19:19
I have this and it's quite good. I liked the Men of War series too and it reminds me of that a little bit, but with less emphasis on 'capture points' and more on simply conducting a solid front line.

Buzz saw, the player creates 'battledivisions' that basically create 'decks' of units to draw from from point caps. If players want to use only historical units for a battle, they can create groups of units that reflect this. Obviously if you are playing in the wildwest of online, you don't know what you'll run into, but with groups of likeminded folks, arrangements can certainly be made.

Looking forward to getting the Canadian units on full release.

My biggest complaint with any of these games is that the objectives always seem to emphasize just steamrolling the opponent. There's very little 'hold this city and keep it resupplied, or other more interesting objectives. Games with 'capture points' seem to simply use those as a means to the end of making more units and continuing to roll over the map. There's a mode in this that makes the objective simply destroying a certain number of 'points' worth of enemy units. So if you read the map a certain way and feel that you can hold a certain point strategically, it's a valid way to win that mode.

In general, it seems much more interesting than, say Company of Heroes - which is basically Command and Conquer WWII as far as I'm concerned.

9./JG52 Sturm
Apr-12-2017, 06:22
I've purchased it. Like Eugen's work on Wargame. Realism seems pretty on point, and I like the fact there's no hit points like Wargame. It's hard, still playing against medium AI but I'm improving slowly. Looking forward to further divisions being released. One plus is is a bit easier making a deck than in Wargame. Should be good, hopefully the community will be less L2P than it was in Wargame. Learning curve online is almost as steep as CLOD!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ATAG_Flare
Apr-22-2017, 00:57
Just purchased it. I beat the Germans on easy as the Scottish division, but when I played as the Germans against the Scots on Medium AI I got destroyed! I have a bit of work to do I guess. It is a very fun game though!

9./JG52 Sturm
Apr-22-2017, 14:27
Big step up from Easy to Medium. Get online, I think you learn more. It's like CloD, steep learning curve and you'll get beaten loads. Just got to keep going back to it!

ATAG_Flare
May-23-2017, 22:12
Game is fully released now. It's still very tricky for me but I'm improving. Can't wait to try all the divisions in the full release, like the 3rd Canadians and the Panzer-Lehr. Also the singleplayer campaigns look really fun.

9./JG52 Sturm
May-24-2017, 03:41
Game is fully released now. It's still very tricky for me but I'm improving. Can't wait to try all the divisions in the full release, like the 3rd Canadians and the Panzer-Lehr. Also the singleplayer campaigns look really fun.
Flare if you want to go online 2v2 sometime, drop me a message, it would be much easier coordinating things with TS.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Volunteer
Nov-28-2017, 17:10
Pretty cool game which remains well supported by its Devs.

Mark Arno
Dec-26-2017, 04:15
Game is fully released now. It's still very tricky for me but I'm improving. Can't wait (https://mybaccaratguide.com) to try all the divisions in the full release, like the 3rd Canadians and the Panzer-Lehr. Also the singleplayer campaigns look really fun.

I've played few hours. It resembles RUSE a bit.

hnbdgr
Apr-02-2019, 08:32
Hey guys,

in case it hasn't been posted in here yet, Steel Division 2 is out in beta and coming out soon!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/919640/Steel_Division_2/

Briways
Nov-25-2019, 11:19
Hey guys,

in case it hasn't been posted in here yet, Steel Division 2 is out lord of the ocean kostenlos (https://bookofra-games.com/lord-of-ocean-slot-machine-mit-unglaublichem-sound/)!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/919640/Steel_Division_2/

Can't wait!