PDA

View Full Version : Steam updated version, game no longer starts *FIXED*

Dirty
Apr-13-2017, 13:39
Sorry if this has been posted already but last night I was searching around for a fix and finally figured it out, so I hope this helps someone.

So, I deleted/unistalled IL2CLOD from the version where u had to download all the mod patches separately. I just wanted a clean install with the updated steam version only. After I downloaded steam version the game would no longer start.

I figured out that I needed to first run the game in the "beta" mode in steam options and download the update that comes with that. Second I needed to reinstall all my microsoftVisualC++ I had in my control panel, and also delete versions that were there but no longer being used.

I also deleted any files that were IL2CLOD related that were still there after the uninstall including the "1C folder" in "my documents" then I reinstalled through steam.

Took me like 2 hours to figure this out, so hopefully if anyone is having problems with the steam version this helps.

PS.Save your old confUser.ini and conf.ini files from your 1cfolder and replace the new ones created after the new install.

If this has been covered I'm sorry I looked but couldn't find this solution, so delete this if its already posted.

Chivas
Apr-20-2017, 13:23
I deleted everything as well, and loaded the COD beta thru Steam. COD wouldn't start until I selected Run as Administrator.