PDA

View Full Version : Angry Hedgehog Cancelled

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-01-2012, 11:55
So I've met with vit_unit and Maler. 1C and company will be flying for reds on the 22/12/12 (European date style, I actually like it). We need more pilots please and we can slowly increase the allotted pilots to both sides. I plan to contact squad leads of other squadrons and hopefully we'll have more people. I'm going to begin to line up a more finalized plan for aircraft selections and such. This will all be done on the 1C forum. Flight plans will be sent as PMs to flight leaders.

The time plan is for Americans to fly in the morning, Europeans near midday, and Russians in the evenings, we will be taking time suggestions as for an exact time. Anything reasonable will be accepted.

Please sign up so this can be a much bigger battle like how it was planned. :) If you have any questions, ask me or vit_unit or Maler.

:salute:

Eagle, the Master of Stealth

Dutch
Dec-01-2012, 12:06
1C and company will be flying for reds on the 22/12/12 (European date style, I actually like it).

:)

Excellent. :salute:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-01-2012, 12:07
1C? do you mean Sukhoi?

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-01-2012, 12:36
1C? do you mean Sukhoi?

No, we are flying for Red just due to pilots and Colander, can you fly a Hurricane or Spit for this event?

Sukhoi is flying blue.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-01-2012, 13:11
No, we are flying for Red just due to pilots and Colander, can you fly a Hurricane or Spit for this event?

Sukhoi is flying blue.

Fly, yes. Fly well, no.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-01-2012, 13:20
I suggest the Americans be permitted to fly in the Canadian time slot. :devilish:

Seriously, I've slotted the entire day for CoD, so I'm completely flexible. I always do my Christmas shopping on Dec 24th late afternoon, anyway. :D

Great job, Eagle! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Septic
Dec-01-2012, 16:59
Thanks for your efforts,

I can be fairly flexible on time.

Septic.

310_cibule
Dec-03-2012, 12:25
I am going to inform the rest of the cz company. Hope we will take part massively.

We (people from diffrent Czech and Slovak Il2 virtual squadrons) have joined the CoD battleground of Storm od War as No.310 RAF squad and are able to get some five to ten pilots together at the same time. You can count with us.

Dutch
Dec-03-2012, 19:49
GOOD GOD AND GOOD GRIEF!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this!!

:)

310_cibule
Dec-06-2012, 03:39
Hi Stealth Eagle,

you talk to the Russians sometimes as I understand. Are there any more detailed info about the action? For instance: how many missions and how will they look like? How about planeset? How about respawns? etc etc.

Our cz squad for the Angry Hedgehog consists of seven people so far. We will make it up to ten hopefully :salute:

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-09-2012, 21:11
Hi Stealth Eagle,

you talk to the Russians sometimes as I understand. Are there any more detailed info about the action? For instance: how many missions and how will they look like? How about planeset? How about respawns? etc etc.

Our cz squad for the Angry Hedgehog consists of seven people so far. We will make it up to ten hopefully :salute:

I've been sick and sorry for the lack of updates for this. That's very good that you guys are getting pilots and I'll probably make a rooster for positions and such on 1C by the end of this Saturaday (no free time during the week).

I'm going to see if I can talk to Malar and Vit_Unit (the Russians) sometime then as well so we need a concrete suggested time. I suggest 10:00 A.M. Eastern would be reasonable and I'm going try to get that time completely cleaned for me.

As for your questions, there are as follows: We are flying British aircraft in support of an allied convoy and must defend it while the Russians must try to sink a set number of ships. I will be talking to them sometime to more properly define the convoy and some other stuff. During the week, I will be trying to draw up some basic battle plans in spare time during lunch and present it to the leaders or/ and representatives of each squad. Right now we have the Czech squad and I am going to PM one of the Spanish squad members.

If we could have more people sign up, that would be great.

Thanks,

Eagle

310_cibule
Dec-10-2012, 03:48
Thx for the info Stealth Eagle. Hope you are okey already.

BTW the Czechs are trained for hurricane 100 oct. It would be great if we can get it for this action too.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-11-2012, 00:54
What is this an whats going on?

310_cibule
Dec-11-2012, 05:14

Read this (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35895&highlight=hedgehog) and this (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?2431-Angry-Hedghog-2-Sign-Up-Thread) pls. New pilots are welcome.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-11-2012, 14:53

JT,

There is an attempt to organize a "Russians against the rest of the world" day.

Colander.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-11-2012, 15:13
RGR, keep us informed we will try , date an time very important :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-13-2012, 20:55
JT,

There is an attempt to organize a "Russians against the rest of the world" day.

Colander.

With a soft spoken teenager leading the rest of the world apparently. :recon:

Just as a small for your information (I don't use texting shorthand), I think I have a solid plan but I don't know who to give it to to see what they think. Also, I will be contacting more people. What I am wanting is about 20 spits and 20 Hurricanes for my master plan. :geek:

The soft spoken teenager spoken of above,

Eagle

Dutch
Dec-13-2012, 22:45
I don't know who to give it to to see what they think.

You don't have to give it to anyone to see what they think.
You have to tell them what you think.
You are in charge, me ole mate BugleBeagle Eagle, but if you want to bounce some ideas off me, send me a PM.
I'd be happy to help you take charge, but you are in command. :salute:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-13-2012, 23:32
You are the boss! :salute:

310_cibule
Dec-14-2012, 18:08
+1

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-16-2012, 08:57
JTDawg, do you think you can round up some 71st pilots that fly Spits and Hurris to help with this? I'm going to allow the Russians to bring 40 total pilots but I need more to tie it up.

Dutch
Dec-16-2012, 09:04
RGR, keep us informed we will try , date an time very important :thumbsup:

JTDawg, do you think you can round up some 71st pilots that fly Spits and Hurris to help with this? I'm going to allow the Russians to bring 40 total pilots but I need more to tie it up.

Hallo Eagle old chum. Now we're getting quite close to the event, can you let us know what time the mission or missions are scheduled to commence? As you probably know, I'm on GMT.

Also, is it all organised with regard to running the correct mission on the server on that date? I've probably missed a few updates over at 1C recently. :)

(P.S. Did you send 'The Dawg' a PM?)

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-16-2012, 10:06
still need date an time several 71st interrested , time to fill in the blanks , please post time an day, on a good day 71st could bring as many as 10 or 12 , bad day 5 or 6, pm me or 1 of the other 71st , to see if we can lend a hand :salute:

310_cibule
Dec-16-2012, 12:52
2 jtdawg

so i've met with vit_unit and maler. 1c and company will be flying for reds on the 22/12/12 (european date style ....

The time plan is for americans to fly in the morning, europeans near midday, and russians in the evenings... Eagle, the master of stealth

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-16-2012, 13:03
This is the start time as I understand it:

Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 10:00:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours
Adelaide (Australia - South Australia) Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM CDT UTC+10:30 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 4:00:00 AM NZDT UTC+13 hours
Moscow (Russia) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 7:00:00 PM MSK UTC+4 hours
San Francisco (U.S.A. - California) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 7:00:00 AM PST UTC-8 hours
Indianapolis (U.S.A. - Indiana) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 10:00:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 3:00:00 PM GMT UTC
Dubai (United Arab Emirates - Dubai) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 7:00:00 PM GST UTC+4 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 15:00:00

That means a 10 a.m. start for me (near Toronto), which is 3 p.m. for Dutch near London, and 7 p.m. for our Russian opponents near Moscow. For the early morning risers in sunny California, their start time is 7 a.m.

This is shaping up nicely, Eagle. Do we at ATAG need to set up anything special on the ATAG server specifically for Angry Hedgehog?

=vit_unit=
Dec-16-2012, 13:36
I see, you guys are ready to bounce. That's cool! Let's make it!:thumbsup:

We won't create a new mission due to preparation to New Year.
Not sure exactly but I think for this operation the London's map will be chosen. And the goal of blue side will be told Eagle in TS right before the start of the operation.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-16-2012, 14:50
now i'll see what i can do! thanks for pm Dutch

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-16-2012, 15:09
Sorry in advance for the wall of text.

This is the start time as I understand it:

Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 10:00:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours
Adelaide (Australia - South Australia) Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM CDT UTC+10:30 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 4:00:00 AM NZDT UTC+13 hours
San Francisco (U.S.A. - California) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 7:00:00 AM PST UTC-8 hours
Indianapolis (U.S.A. - Indiana) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 10:00:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 3:00:00 PM GMT UTC
Dubai (United Arab Emirates - Dubai) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 7:00:00 PM GST UTC+4 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 15:00:00

That means a 10 a.m. start for me (near Toronto), which is 3 p.m. for Dutch near London, and 7 p.m. for our Russian opponents near Moscow. For the early morning risers in sunny California, their start time is 7 a.m.

This is shaping up nicely, Eagle. Do we at ATAG need to set up anything special on the ATAG server specifically for Angry Hedgehog?

I think we may need it set up to choose a particular map but other than that, we'll need a password to prevent strays from joining in. I may find a way to just record gameplay but that's it and it would be cool if a couple people did AAR's from this mission and put it on SimHQ or at least an announcement(apparently, I am too young to be on SimHQ, 18 is minimum age and apparently someone that is 16 is running the European side of things for this :PP). Also, I'm going to try to talk to some people that record to see if they want to join in the fun.

I see, you guys are ready to bounce. That's cool! Let's make it!:thumbsup:

We won't create a new mission due to preparation to New Year.
Not sure exactly but I think for this operation the London's map will be chosen. And the goal of blue side will be told Eagle in TS right before the start of the operation.

I honestly don't really care for that map, would it be a possibility to use an existing map that has convoys and I'll count the number of ships that are in total and you'll have to sink let's say 75%? Only Stukas are allowed to carry bombs and we can probably adjust the spawns so that it will be more balanced for the fight. I'll check that when I first can but I'm thinking Lympne and Hawkings for 100 octane Spits and Hurris which will be about 19 total pilots and Ramsgate area for Rotal and IIa for about 20 pilots. You guys can have up to 45 pilots with you choosing the blend but in order to win (limit of 10 E-4's for balance) you must sink the set percentage or else we win. Could someone get me that map and I'll adjust it slightly to represent the above changes?

still need date an time several 71st interrested , time to fill in the blanks , please post time an day, on a good day 71st could bring as many as 10 or 12 , bad day 5 or 6, pm me or 1 of the other 71st , to see if we can lend a hand :salute:

Time would be about what Snapper said and he has the right date, 22/12/12. As for your forces, they will probably be distributed amongst two sections, one lead by Snapper, and the other by me. Spits IIa and Hurricane Rotal are the available choices. I'll start PMing my plan if Vit agrees to my idea regarding ships and such.

Any other questions?

ATAG_Septic
Dec-16-2012, 17:32
Great work Skipper Eagle.

Septic.

=vit_unit=
Dec-17-2012, 08:03
Sorry in advance for the wall of text.

I honestly don't really care for that map, would it be a possibility to use an existing map that has convoys and I'll count the number of ships that are in total and you'll have to sink let's say 75%? Only Stukas are allowed to carry bombs and we can probably adjust the spawns so that it will be more balanced for the fight. I'll check that when I first can but I'm thinking Lympne and Hawkings for 100 octane Spits and Hurris which will be about 19 total pilots and Ramsgate area for Rotal and IIa for about 20 pilots. You guys can have up to 45 pilots with you choosing the blend but in order to win (limit of 10 E-4's for balance) you must sink the set percentage or else we win. Could someone get me that map and I'll adjust it slightly to represent the above changes?

Well, by the London's map I mean this http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/missions.php?mission=Operation%20Daisy
And there are not any ships to sink... All targets are inland.
But the decision what map to play are not made yet. Today or tomorrow all high command of blue side will meet for discussing and making a decision.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-17-2012, 08:58
Well, by the London's map I mean this http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/missions.php?mission=Operation%20Daisy
And there are not any ships to sink... All targets are inland.
But the decision what map to play are not made yet. Today or tomorrow all high command of blue side will meet for discussing and making a decision.

Operation daisy is not a good map.
Too many of the red spawn points are corrupt.

Last time I flew that map (in the last week) I spawned in nearly 10 times before I had access to a safe spawn points that wasn't half way down a hill or in an impossible-to-exit bunker.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-17-2012, 09:29
Good catch, Pstyle. Many of us can confirm the bad spawn points for Operation Daisy. It would be chaos trying to spawn in dozens of Red planes at the same time. My recommendation would be the 1940_Channel Map which already has a Red convoy that starts in St Mary's Bay off Littlestone and steams north towards Ramsgate.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-17-2012, 10:42
Good catch, Pstyle. Many of us can confirm the bad spawn points for Operation Daisy. It would be chaos trying to spawn in dozens of Red planes at the same time. My recommendation would be the 1940_Channel Map which already has a Red convoy that starts in St Mary's Bay off Littlestone and steams north towards Ramsgate.

Agreed.
I suspect (in my cynical fashion) that the blues would prefer not to fly over the channel - hence the love for the daisy map.
Suck it up I say. It's 1940, you HAVE to cross the water.

=vit_unit=
Dec-17-2012, 14:10
Hey guys!
We've made a conclusion that the Battle of Britain map is suitable for the operation Angry Hedgehog.
The winning condition is destroying 2 targets out of 3 which are F9.3 - British Armor, G10.3 - Communications Headquarters near Stelling Minnis and J12.2 Beaifightors.
I suggest to set a password on the server too at time of operation.
Or you can activate this mission only on ATAG server No.2 with a password.
Blue side has 15 J87 and, I think it would be sweet for you, 4-5 He-111.
Others are bf109e 1,3,4. Quantity of fighters is depends of amount of red pilots.

Hoping it will be acceptable for you.
:salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-17-2012, 14:35
Thank you for your fast reply, Vit.

I will check with Bliss to see if Server #2 can be used with a password. I hate to close off the Main Server #1 to the rest of the community, especially during a weekend. If Server #2 can be used and is able to handle approx 60 players, then I and some others will run some quick checks with the Battle of Britain mission to make sure spawns are good for both sides, the necessary aircraft are available at the right airfields, etc.

Will confirm these arrangements with you and Stealth Eagle as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Snapper

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-17-2012, 16:01
How many 71st are needed ? we fly both hurri an spits . thinking we can come up with aleast 6 , if more are needed let me know an i'll work on it harder. an i have not got around to asking a couple public players that normally fly with us . what will be the amount of slots we can have ? or our are numbers good at 6 ?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-17-2012, 17:03
I'm sure I speak for Stealth Eagle when I say that we will find a place for every 71st that wishes to participate. Please advise at earliest convenience who's coming. :thumbsup:

Thanks, JT!

Snapper (for Stealth Eagle)

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-17-2012, 17:39
I will not be able to fly on this mission. My parents apparently have scheduled a Christmas surprise for that day that involves traveling to a 1-hour away place that requires us to be there at 10:30 AM. I have no clue what it is and apparently I am getting a bit more surprises at Christmas over my sister since there really isn't anything that I am wanting (except for perhaps a faithful girlfriend but chances of that are slim to none and my parents will probably keep pestering me about that but that's another story for another time). So it should be interesting and something unexpected.

Sorry for not paying attention to the calendar and failing you guys. But I will try my best to help tactically the plan and I haven't come up with a nomination to replace me but are there any volunteers? (Not vit_unit or Maler :PP)

Best wishes,

The Lonely Eagle

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-17-2012, 18:16
I'm sure I speak for Stealth Eagle when I say that we will find a place for every 71st that wishes to participate. Please advise at earliest convenience who's coming. :thumbsup:

Thanks, JT!

Snapper (for Stealth Eagle)

rgr putting list together , give me a day or 2 :thumbsup:

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-17-2012, 18:26
I will not be able to fly on this mission. My parents apparently have scheduled a Christmas surprise for that day that involves traveling to a 1-hour away place that requires us to be there at 10:30 AM. I have no clue what it is and apparently I am getting a bit more surprises at Christmas over my sister since there really isn't anything that I am wanting (except for perhaps a faithful girlfriend but chances of that are slim to none and my parents will probably keep pestering me about that but that's another story for another time). So it should be interesting and something unexpected.

Sorry for not paying attention to the calendar and failing you guys. But I will try my best to help tactically the plan and I haven't come up with a nomination to replace me but are there any volunteers? (Not vit_unit or Maler :PP)

Best wishes,

The Lonely Eagle

LOL My dad was in the air force 26.5 years. He did give me some good advice once , no matter what never, i repeat never volunteer for anything ! He was correct. , Snapperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr whats up ?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-17-2012, 18:27
Uh oh.......:getaway::recon:

Dutch
Dec-17-2012, 18:38
Uh oh.......:getaway::recon:

Copy!! Roger That!!! :)

=vit_unit=
Dec-17-2012, 21:56
Situation is difficult. So what are we going to do next?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-17-2012, 22:15
The show must go on. We've got a war to fight! :devilish:

I'll work with Bliss and Colander towards having a server ready with the Battle of Britain mission for Saturday, 7 p.m. Moscow time, Dec 22nd. I'll keep you posted here as the arrangements are made. Please let me know when you can how many players you will have flying Blue.

This will be fun! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Septic
Dec-18-2012, 07:42
The show must go on. We've got a war to fight! :devilish:

I'll work with Bliss and Colander towards having a server ready with the Battle of Britain mission for Saturday, 7 p.m. Moscow time, Dec 22nd. I'll keep you posted here as the arrangements are made. Please let me know when you can how many players you will have flying Blue.

This will be fun! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this.

Let slip the dogs etc!

Septic.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-18-2012, 08:37
It's gonna be great! :D

I'm still putting things together. Keeping it simple:

1) Map: The Battle of Britain mission (exactly the same as the one on Server #1). Here's the link:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/missions.php?mission=The%20Battle%20of%20Britain

2) Date/Time: Saturday, Dec 22nd, 3:00 p.m. GMT (= 7:00 p.m. Moscow time, 10:00 a.m. EST).

3) I spent some time last night on this mission charting out all the aircraft types allotted to each airfield. I'll print this up later today with Red squadron assignments. Vit_Unit can do the same with his Russian crew.

4) Targets to hit and targets to defend are laid out in the Mission Briefing at the link above. Each squadron must appoint a Squadron Leader, who will be assigned a task (or two) and an airfield to take off from. I will leave it to the Squadron Leaders which of the airfield's aircraft his squadron will use, and how best to accomplish his squadron's assignment. Anyone who prefers to fly Blue I suggest to contact Vit_Unit directly by PM so he can assign you to a Blue Squadron/airfield/assignment.

5) Rules: Very few. :D

A) Spawn time is 3:00 p.m. GMT. If possible, we'll go to Server #2 (if it can handle all the players) and have it passworded. I'll update this after conferring with ATAG Admin.

B) Deaths: the idea is to have fun, not get sidelined because of a bad spawn or taxiing accident with a fellow team mate (in which case just respawn in a fresh aircraft) We'll go on the honour system here. If you die in combat, please leave the server. That means anything related to combat: shot down, flak, collision (other than taxiing as mentioned earlier), collision with terrain, etc. The idea is to place a high value on your "virtual life", which will affect the chances you'll take when engaging the enemy and/or targets. I won't referee who's alive or who's dead. If you suspect an opponent is "cheating" and has respawned unfairly: shoot him down with extreme prejudice. We'll decide who was right or wrong in Le Havre's International Court later. :D

C) Victory will be decided by which side accomplishes its mission objectives first (the same way the server decides every mission now)

D) Have fun!

That's it for now. Stay tuned on this channel.

Snapper :salute:

=vit_unit=
Dec-18-2012, 11:07
Eagle, have a nice hollyday:thumbsup: Find time and come to ATAG server, we'll fly together sometime.

Snapper, thank you for picking it up!

The list of blue players will be posted here as soon as it's all come together.

As I mentioned above we plan to hit two targets out of three because we don't want to spray out blue and red planes throughout the huge map.
Or are you suggesting to hit all targets on the map?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-18-2012, 11:37
Eagle, have a nice hollyday:thumbsup: Find time and come to ATAG server, we'll fly together sometime.

Snapper, thank you for picking it up!

The list of blue players will be posted here as soon as it's all come together.

As I mentioned above we plan to hit two targets out of three because we don't want to spray out blue and red planes throughout the huge map.
Or are you suggesting to hit all targets on the map?

The map is huge, yes! But the ability of the Russian Blues make it very small! In fact, the only thing that is bigger is the ability of the Red pilots. :D

Do not worry that the mission will be too long. The Red Blenheims will make it go fast as they knock out each target quickly. The Red targets will be easy to find. Look for the smoking holes of crashed Blue bombers and escorting 109's on the way to them. :devilish:

This will be fun, Vit :salute:

Thank you for organizing the Blues on your side. I have asked the pilots here that prefer to fly Blue to contact you for you to assign them airfields/aircraft/assignments. I will send you the list of Blue airfields (with the aircraft available at each airfield), plus a list of the Red targets for this mission (which are the same as in the Mission Briefing).

Vit, I only need a fairly good guess as to how many Blue players you expect on Saturday. I would like, if possible, to use Server #2 with a password for this event. I hate to block out other non-participating regular players from Server #1 if I can use #2 instead.

More information to come.

Snapper

Catseye
Dec-18-2012, 12:18
Hi Snapper,
Will a pilot who is not killed be permitted to re-arm and re-fuel and get back into the fray?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-18-2012, 12:32
Hi Snapper,
Will a pilot who is not killed be permitted to re-arm and re-fuel and get back into the fray?

Absolutely. (Will have to check if <rr works on Server 2). Otherwise, a respawn is fine. Even crash landing or bailing out on friendly soil -- respawn. Crash land or bail out over water: player MUST take a cold shower fully clothed, then return to his PC to respawn. A change into dry clothes is permitted. Again, we rely on player's honour to do this. (A video would be nice). Crash land or bail over enemy soil: you've been taken prisoner -- same as a combat kill, you must leave the server.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-18-2012, 13:08
I'd like to assemble two (or more) Blenheim Squadrons for Angry Hedgehog. You will be the teeth of the Red forces, striking deep into Blue territory at assigned targets to secure victory! (Rah! Rah! Rah!).

Each Blenheim Squadron in the Red Strike Force will have a Squadron Leader who will decide on loadouts, tactics, etc. Each Blenheim Squadron Leader will coordinate with the S.L. of the escorting fighter squadron assigned to him.

Please reply below if you wish to participate in delivering the killing blows! :D

=UAi= Shkrab
Dec-18-2012, 14:58
I understand that. You want to beat your goals --- blue?. And we have to beat their targets and red?
but you have three goals. And we have five goals.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-18-2012, 15:16
I understand that. You want to beat your goals --- blue?. And we have to beat their targets and red?
but you have three goals. And we have five goals.

Hi Shkrab,

This is the Battle of Britain mission which has been running very successfully for some time now. The missions were developed for even game balance. To achieve the mission goals the Blues have flyable 110's, Ju88's, He111's, Stuka Ju87's, BR.20M's, even E3-B's and E4-B's. The Reds have......Blenheims. The Blues have Bf 109 E1's, E3's, and E4's to escort these bombers, plus engage any incoming Blenheims. All of the 109's are faster and far better armed than any of the Spitfires and Hurricanes on the Red side. The only advantage the Reds have is that their pilots are much, much better than the Blue pilots and are used to tackling all odds without question. The targets stand as is.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-18-2012, 18:29
Hi Shkrab,

This is the Battle of Britain mission which has been running very successfully for some time now. The missions were developed for even game balance. To achieve the mission goals the Blues have flyable 110's, Ju88's, He111's, Stuka Ju87's, BR.20M's, even E3-B's and E4-B's. The Reds have......Blenheims. The Blues have Bf 109 E1's, E3's, and E4's to escort these bombers, plus engage any incoming Blenheims. All of the 109's are faster and far better armed than any of the Spitfires and Hurricanes on the Red side. The only advantage the Reds have is that their pilots are much, much better than the Blue pilots and are used to tackling all odds without question. The targets stand as is.

lol roflmao 6 fighter so far , will keep informed trying to get a couple of our bomber pilots , who are some of the allied bomber pilots ?

=vit_unit=
Dec-18-2012, 20:01
Hi Shkrab,

So you offer to use all planes available on the map? Even bf e3,4b? And to end up all targets? Do you we have time limitation?

The first idea of this operation was to fly Stuka and bf e1,3,4 as escort.
Now everything is changed.
Do you confirm these changes?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-18-2012, 20:18
So you offer to use all planes available on the map? Even bf e3,4b? And to end up all targets? Do you we have time limitation?

The first idea of this operation was to fly Stuka and bf e1,3,4 as escort.
Now everything is changed.
Do you confirm these changes?

Yes, we don't have any mission editors available at this busy time of year to custom-design a mission for this event, so we are using the Battle of Britain mission you requested that is in our regular rotation. The time limit is very generous (4 hours I believe). The server will keep track of each side's progress, and the server will end the mission when the winning side completes its objectives first.

ATAG_Septic
Dec-19-2012, 03:27
I'd like to assemble two (or more) Blenheim Squadrons for Angry Hedgehog. You will be the teeth of the Red forces, striking deep into Blue territory at assigned targets to secure victory! (Rah! Rah! Rah!).

Each Blenheim Squadron in the Red Strike Force will have a Squadron Leader who will decide on load outs, tactics, etc. Each Blenheim Squadron Leader will coordinate with the S.L. of the escorting fighter squadron assigned to him.

Please reply below if you wish to participate in delivering the killing blows! :D

Thanks for taking this on Snapper. I'll help any way I can, red or blue, including the Blenheims.

Septic.

=vit_unit=
Dec-20-2012, 21:41
It's very funny about ditching and taking shower after that in order to respawn:D

But I got some question to ask. So do we have "respawn" not only rr's on fighters? So can bombers rearm (respawn) on the home field?
And if my plane is damaged and I made it home, can I respawn?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-21-2012, 07:33
It's very funny about ditching and taking shower after that in order to respawn:D

But I got some question to ask. So do we have "respawn" not only rr's on fighters? So can bombers rearm (respawn) on the home field?
And if my plane is damaged and I made it home, can I respawn?

Yes to all. I think that's only fair, plus it's good motivation to nurse damaged planes back to friendly soil. Even a crash landing back on friendly soil is OK to respawn. Pilots on both sides in the Battle of Britain were frequently flying again in another aircraft the same day after returning in a damaged aircraft.

After conferring with some players on Teamspeak, here's two ideas that I wish your opinion:

1) Bombers on both sides are the most important aircraft in this event. As motivation for players to fly bombers, allow bomber pilots to respawn in the same bomber type if they are killed. Reason: if all bombers on one side are wiped out by flak or fighters, that side can't possibly win the game. They can defend any remaining friendly targets to result in a draw......but it's more fun to keep fighting to win.

2) Rather than ask killed fighter pilots to leave the server (I hate that -- no fun for killed pilots), give the killed pilots two options: a) fly as aircrew/gunner with a bomber, or b) respawn and fly Hurricane DH5-20 (2-speed, 87 octane) or G.50 to continue participating in battle.

I would be happy with that, but only if you approve.

Please let me know and I will edit the rules if you approve.

Thanks,

Snapper

ATAG_Septic
Dec-21-2012, 10:23
Yes to all. I think that's only fair, plus it's good motivation to nurse damaged planes back to friendly soil. Even a crash landing back on friendly soil is OK to respawn. Pilots on both sides in the Battle of Britain were frequently flying again in another aircraft the same day after returning in a damaged aircraft.

After conferring with some players on Teamspeak, here's two ideas that I wish your opinion:

1) Bombers on both sides are the most important aircraft in this event. As motivation for players to fly bombers, allow bomber pilots to respawn in the same bomber type if they are killed. Reason: if all bombers on one side are wiped out by flak or fighters, that side can't possibly win the game. They can defend any remaining friendly targets to result in a draw......but it's more fun to keep fighting to win.

2) Rather than ask killed fighter pilots to leave the server (I hate that -- no fun for killed pilots), give the killed pilots two options: a) fly as aircrew/gunner with a bomber, or b) respawn and fly Hurricane DH5-20 (2-speed, 87 octane) or G.50 to continue participating in battle.

I would be happy with that, but only if you approve.

Please let me know and I will edit the rules if you approve.

Thanks,

Snapper

Some great proposals Snapper. I'm especially pleased about the bomber suggestion.

Thanks,

Septic.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-21-2012, 12:21
Thanks, Septic. I figure many participants have cleared this time to play during the busy Christmas season, and it would be a bummer to get knocked out in combat only 15 minutes into the game. At least you can respawn in a somewhat diminished capacity as bomber aircrew or in a lesser performance fighter and rejoin your mates to continue having fun. :)

310_cibule
Dec-21-2012, 12:26
Does anybody hace an idea how many people take part?

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-21-2012, 20:24
Why does it now say cancelled with there being no news regarding such?

Also, I learned the reason why I can't fly tomorrow and you'll have to wait after I smash some bugs (a hidden reference but I don't know how many will get it and guess it correctly).

S!
Eagle

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-21-2012, 20:25
Hi everyone,

I've been unable to secure a server for this event, so regretfully I must cancel Angry Hedgehog. PM's have been sent to each Squadron Leader, please advise your squad mates and extend my heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment. This is truly a busy time of year, but the New Year holds promise of exciting new things for Cliffs of Dover thanks to the dedicated hard effort of a rapidly growing CLOD-MOD Team. :)

On behalf of ATAG I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Sincerely,

Snapper

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-21-2012, 20:27
Hi everyone,

I've been unable to secure a server for this event, so regretfully I must cancel Angry Hedgehog. PM's have been sent to each Squadron Leader, please advise your squad mates and extend my heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment. This is truly a busy time of year, but the New Year holds promise of exciting new things for Cliffs of Dover thanks to the dedicated hard effort of a rapidly growing CLOD-MOD Team. :)

On behalf of ATAG I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Sincerely,

Snapper

Ok, that's cool. I'll PM you what I really am doing but be quiet about it.

Cassius
Dec-22-2012, 02:13
Salute to all. It's OK. In first Thanks all ATAG team that created and supporting such a wonderful server, for all lovers of CLOD. In second, really, everything else is just beginning.
P.S.
Is it possible to run this mission at a public server at the scheduled time?
If not, it's OK.
Thank you to all. And all with a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

=UAi= Shkrab
Dec-22-2012, 03:23
Salute to all. It's OK. In first Thanks all ATAG team that created and supporting such a wonderful server, for all lovers of CLOD. In second, really, everything else is just beginning.
P.S.
Is it possible to run this mission at a public server at the scheduled time?
If not, it's OK.
Thank you to all. And all with a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
support the request. Discard we can no longer

Maler
Dec-22-2012, 10:01
Who is not involved in the operation that Britney Spears:)

=vit_unit=
Dec-22-2012, 16:55
Who is not involved in the operation that Britney Spears:)

Oops... we'll do it again! :D

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-22-2012, 17:04
Vit, I was so pleased to see the huge turnout you brought with you to the server, even though it was just for regular play. Again, I apologize for failing to get a server lined up. Hopefully everyone had fun, anyway. Wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas and look forward to flying with everyone of both sides in the New Year!

Snapper

=vit_unit=
Dec-23-2012, 01:35
Vit, I was so pleased to see the huge turnout you brought with you to the server, even though it was just for regular play. Again, I apologize for failing to get a server lined up. Hopefully everyone had fun, anyway. Wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas and look forward to flying with everyone of both sides in the New Year!

Snapper

No problem, mate. But I feel sad that other red pilots was not able to come to fight. Maybe it's all about preparation to the Christmas celebration. Don't know. My men was ready to fly anyway even the mission was canceled.
For me, for example, it was hard to participate because I had celebrated two events the day before that: of course the end of the days :D and the powerman's day as my field of occupation.
In Russia Christmas is on 7th of January but we glad to support you on the 25th of December :thumbsup: just give us a reason:D

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!