PDA

View Full Version : TFS Update 04/28/2017. Just a note

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-28-2017, 14:26
As we begin our push into Spring in the North and Autumn in the South, work is ramping up in all departments as things for the next patch begin to solidify.

Before moving on, I'd like to address the issue of me not being Neil, aka MysticPuma. As most of you know, MP decided to take a leave of absence from his work with TFS. We hope that Neil enjoys his time off and gets some good stick time in, and we are hopeful that his absence is a vacation rather than a retirement. While he is swinging in a hammock sipping on umbrella drinks, you all will have to deal with me for today, so be gentle. Don't get too attached however, as updates may not come from me every time.

And one final point on this.

There is no ill will between us and work continues as normal. So for those of you posting doom and gloom, or hoping for it, I'm sorry to disappoint.

With that said, things are rather fluid right now in both work and finalizing company details, but we will provide the community with a road map of what will be included in TFS 4.5 as well as TFS 5.0 in the near future. We want to be more transparent and give you fine ladies and gents out there more of a clear picture but for this update, we can't.

Because...

Things are still being finalized within TFS as we begin to understand the SC and tools. We don't want to promise something for 4.5 but then find out that it would take a delay of 4.5 to implement it. Nobody, including us in TFS want any more delays. You all deserve 4.5 ASAP, and we want to deliver it ASAP, just know that things are becoming much clearer on our end so we hope to be able to share that with the community soon, so stay tuned.

Before I bore you all to death, here are some shots of some work that yes, I know you already know about but have been progressing quickly the last few weeks. New members have been joining TFS in a lot of different departments, so bottlenecks and workloads are finally easing off for some of us. I've heard some comments in the last few updates about why is TFS wasting their time on trucks or this and that... just know a lot of the work being shown has been finished, or has been close to being finished for a while, it was just waiting to be imported or whatnot because it was in fact, like some mentioned, less important. Five other models or changes that weren't mentioned that were in the pipeline took precedence. Now that those are finished, the less important things were showcased. I hope that makes sense.

That said, we hope to provide a 4.5 specific update soon, but in the meantime, here is some info on numerous projects the members of TFS are working on.

----------------------------------------

The Bristol Blenheim IV, IVF, and IV-NF Late will feature a twin .303 turret as well as the ability to carry eight 40 lbs bombs on wing racks. The internal or cockpit view model and texture is finished, and is in the early stages of getting finalized for import. The same goes for the external model's changes.

------------------------------------

Work continues on improving the existing map and fixing issues with it. While our map team is also populating the new theater, we have been continuously creating or discovering important map files/tools that are making the job on the channel map easier. Being able to adjust, create, or remove the location of lakes, rivers, coastlines, ponds, and swimming pools is just one small area where things have progressed. Being able to ID and adjust where buildings and trees are is a major step forward as well. The English countryside updates were shown last time, and the French landscape is continuing to get improvements and updated textures. One thing being worked on is improving the visibility and crispness of towns/cities/ports from altitude. This first shot was taken at 5000 and shows the early improvements of that, and the second shows some new texturing.

-----------------------------------

A few new shots of the CR.42 cockpit, which is in the texture shop and progressing nicely.

---------------------------

A few more details added to the M.C. 202. External is getting closer and closer to completion at a breakneck pace.

------------------------------------------

Panels and rivets being added to the external P-40E.

--------------------------------------

And a few new skins. Please remember that these skins are probably too light at the moment, but were made prior to the new map and will be adjusted once the desert colors, lighting, and shaders have been finalized. Some of the skins also have added dirt, dust, and sun bleaching added to them.

-----------------------------

From the Team Fusion Bugtracker

The bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf) keeps accumulating data: Since the last published update on December, 1st, 27 new users brought the total up to 973 registered users of which 66 have been active since then. We currently have 277 open issues (201 bugs and 76 feature requests). 3 have already been resolved with patch 4.312 and 32 are currently in progress to be fixed or implemented.

New issues and feature request have been raised since the last update, among them are (no judgment implied):

Reported Bug #855: "Hurricane Mk1 (all types) Undercarriage and Flap Control." (New)
Feature Request #852: "Change default title for info-windows to "alt + klick to edit"" (New)
Reported Bug #849: "Grond units being in shelter gets damaged from bombs without destroying the shelter." (New)
Feature Request #845: "Setting start HDG for airstart on Spawn Area" (New)
Reported Bug #844: "Bf 110: Starboard cowling seemingly not linked to damage model" (New)
Feature Request #838: "Blur the Blackout" (New)
Reported Bug #836: "Extra railway tracks visible near Theville" (Confirmed)

Now, please note that many of the "reported bugs" are in fact not bugs at all, and are actually correct. Fixes to the existing game are just as important as new content is, and we continue to note your reported ones as well as find and fix others. Things are looking good for CloD.

And lastly, I apologize for the lack of a video in this update, I know we all like moving still frames but hopefully there are some photos or nuggets of info in this update to make everyone smile a little or stroke their chins in a thoughtful manner. In the meantime, please be patient while we push forward with the next patch (4.5) and the next major update about that patch's details and release date.

:salute:

DerDa
Apr-28-2017, 14:37
Thank you very much indeed for all the news!

S!

DerDa

Continu0
Apr-28-2017, 14:42
Guys, it's really sad that our mystic panda left, and I hope he will come back.

But having said that: Great update, Spiritus/TF! It's very encourageing to see that you are also fixing all the old bugs and improving existing content. The french landscape looks great and the better visibility for buildings looks just killing (has the gras-rendering-bug maybe been fixed?). From what I can see, the spirit to make a great game is there, and that's all that matters!

Go on like that, it looks terrific!:thumbsup:

SD_MBen
Apr-28-2017, 15:15
Hi 69th_Spiritus_Mortem,
Nice to hear from you and thanks for stepping into the breach! (breech, lol)

It all looks great work, I am so glad the map's are being improved and the Kittyhawk is coming along!

My best regard's to all the modder's!
Ben

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-28-2017, 15:30
Overall a great update. I was most impressed with the 5k altitude one. It adds a new dimension to the game i think. With some Photoshop talent some guys will make it almost real!

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Apr-28-2017, 15:44
Great work once more TFS - keep it up! :thumbsup:

Quick question - as far as I can remember with these Italian fighters the C.202 was in fact an upgraded version of the earlier C.200 Saetta (which also served in North Africa with mixed success), the main difference being that the C.200 was fitted with the same radial as the G.50, whereas the C.202 had an Italian licence-built version of the DB-601. Does this mean that we are getting the C.200 as well?

keeno
Apr-28-2017, 15:59
Thanks,

a really great update, it's looking fantastic.

Cheers

IIJG27Rich
Apr-28-2017, 16:03
I'm relaxed now :salute:

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-28-2017, 16:04
Hey Spiritus! Great job stepping in and giving us an awesome update, and proving to the Neysayers..that the sky isn't falling! Like you said I hope it's more of an extended well deserved Vacation. Everything looked amazing..why do I feel like all the 69th leadslingers out there are smiling ear to ear at the sight of that twin 303's..all I can say is going to be alot of suprised fighter pilots that decide to crawl up behind any of the guys on the rear guns. So many good gunners out there right now. Landscape looks amazing at altitude also. GJ TFS!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-28-2017, 16:08
Great work once more TFS - keep it up! :thumbsup:

Quick question - as far as I can remember with these Italian fighters the C.202 was in fact an upgraded version of the earlier C.200 Saetta (which also served in North Africa with mixed success), the main difference being that the C.200 was fitted with the same radial as the G.50, whereas the C.202 had an Italian licence-built version of the DB-601. Does this mean that we are getting the C.200 as well?

We will not be building the C.200 for TF 5.0.

We had a decision between doing a C.202 and a C.200. The already existing Fiat G.50 has very similar performance to the C.200, but we lack a late '41/early '42 Italian fighter, so the decision was made to go with the C.202.

Perhaps if TF 5.0 is successful, we may see a C.200 in the future... or we could see a C.205. Those decisions will be made later.

FightingSteel1
Apr-28-2017, 16:48
I have a question as well...regarding "Battle of France" content, I thought I saw something about the Dewoitine D.520, but what about something like the French used Curtiss Hawk? Also, I thought I had read that the Hawk was also used by Vichy French forces in the North African desert as well later.

Follow up question...with the P-40 already being done by TF, and with that plane being based on the Hawk, would that make modeling the Hawk easier?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-28-2017, 16:59
I have a question as well...regarding "Battle of France" content, I thought I saw something about the Dewoitine D.520, but what about something like the French used Curtiss Hawk? Also, I thought I had read that the Hawk was also used by Vichy French forces in the North African desert as well later.

Follow up question...with the P-40 already being done by TF, and with that plane being based on the Hawk, would that make modeling the Hawk easier?

Although the P-40 was based on the P-36, there are a lot of differences, not just the engine.

There is a possibility of this aircraft being done... but again, dependent on the success of TF 5.0, modeling time and other priorities.

There were no Curtiss Hawks in the British Syrian Campaign versus the Vichy French that I am aware of. There was however, a Squadron of Dewoitine D.520's. The Curtiss Hawk was used in Algeria and Morocco during the TORCH invasion. But that is late '42... out of the range of the TF 5.0 timeframe.

We will definitely be including the Dewoitine D.520 in TF 5.0.

69th_LazyE
Apr-28-2017, 17:15
As a Blenheim driver, this update makes me happy! 69th_Lucky}{awk is going to have a ball in the turret! More bombs is great too!

Good update!

69th_LazyE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DUI
Apr-28-2017, 17:36
Thanks a lot for this nice update! :clap:

Lythronax
Apr-28-2017, 17:49
It's all sounding good so far! One question though, how many new marks of Spitfire and Hurricane can we expect in 5.0? Will there be any new ones in 4.5?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-28-2017, 17:52
As a Blenheim driver, this update makes me happy! 69th_Lucky}{awk is going to have a ball in the turret! More bombs is great too!

Good update!

69th_LazyE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, this will make the Blenheims far more competitive, the eight 40 lb bombs in the wings, although not huge, will be useful against unarmoured vehicle columns etc., and the twin rear turret will make it very dangerous for a 109 to try to sit on the Blenheim's six o'clock and blast away... also, no changing of magazines in the rear gun anymore... just one long belt of ammo.

FightingSteel1
Apr-28-2017, 17:57
Although the P-40 was based on the P-36, there are a lot of differences, not just the engine.

There is a possibility of this aircraft being done... but again, dependent on the success of TF 5.0, modeling time and other priorities.

There were no Curtiss Hawks in the British Syrian Campaign versus the Vichy French that I am aware of. There was however, a Squadron of Dewoitine D.520's. The Curtiss Hawk was used in Algeria and Morocco during the TORCH invasion. But that is late '42... out of the range of the TF 5.0 timeframe.

We will definitely be including the Dewoitine D.520 in TF 5.0.

Thanks for the response. I wasn't expecting any of that for 5.0, but I'm glad it's an option for the future. The Hawk would be a fun early war American plane.

I think it was Torch I read about, battling F4F Wildcats during the invasion.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-28-2017, 18:04
It's all sounding good so far! One question though, how many new marks of Spitfire and Hurricane can we expect in 5.0? Will there be any new ones in 4.5?

That has already been posted... go through the updates.

ATAG_Lewis
Apr-28-2017, 18:43
Wonderful update by SM...Brilliant job...~S~

So much info...Thanks Fellas...Its like I'm peaking in my christmas box...lol

...Lew...

69th_Zeb
Apr-28-2017, 19:48
Sweet. So nice to be able to see updates when typically this type of stuff stays hush-hush.

Love the M1919! My friend just recently gave me an original grip from one that he had just converted to spade style. Gonna have to make a functioning (er...uh tableworthy) tailgunner's station now. Wohoo!

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Apr-28-2017, 21:02
Thanks Spirtus!!!

I am looking forward to your next map scenario as well! Maybe with some extreeeme weather. :P

Things are still being finalized within TFS as we begin to understand the SC and tools. We don't want to promise something for 4.5 but then find out that it would take a delay of 4.5 to implement it. Nobody, including us in TFS want any more delays. You all deserve 4.5 ASAP, and we want to deliver it ASAP, just know that things are becoming much clearer on our end so we hope to be able to share that with the community soon, so stay tuned.

I'm 10 again and Santa is coming!

I have a bug question. Has the Force Feedback bug for 109 cannons been looked at?

Perhaps if TF 5.0 is successful, we may see a C.200 in the future... or we could see a C.205. Those decisions will be made later.

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

JG4_Thorwald
Apr-29-2017, 03:52
Thank you very much for the update Spiritus!

The pictures from the landscape and the town are looking great:thumbsup:

ATAG_Dave
Apr-29-2017, 04:42
Nice debut SM :thumbsup: Thanks for the update - all looks excellent.

S!

ATAG_Vampire
Apr-29-2017, 05:19
Thank you for keeping us in the loop Spiritus.

As Dave says, excellent stuff. :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-29-2017, 05:50
Looking good.

Man I love this sim. Cheers fellas.

JÄGER_Hans
Apr-29-2017, 10:56
Awesome work guys! I would like to congratulate and thank you for all your work! You guys are amazing!
On the side note, are we going to see captured D520s or something of the sort in the future for the germans in the multiplayer? It would be very interesting to see, since many french aircraft were captured and used by both sides.

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-29-2017, 13:39
Awesome work guys! I would like to congratulate and thank you for all your work! You guys are amazing!
On the side note, are we going to see captured D520s or something of the sort in the future for the germans in the multiplayer? It would be very interesting to see, since many french aircraft were captured and used by both sides.

Map makers could do that now..with different skins and German markings

Diamondaxe
Apr-29-2017, 15:01
Sweet. So nice to be able to see updates when typically this type of stuff stays hush-hush.

Love the M1919! My friend just recently gave me an original grip from one that he had just converted to spade style. Gonna have to make a functioning (er...uh tableworthy) tailgunner's station now. Wohoo!

Have you seen the Novint Falcon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PS_vu-WBb0

Swoop
Apr-30-2017, 14:16
Thanks for the update SM. Being more transparent with a road map must be hard with you lads all volunteering your time, especially if it includes timeframes, but will help keep the dream alive.

Topgum
May-01-2017, 04:30
Great Update, good news, amazing content :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ATAG_Flare
May-02-2017, 19:52
Who needs Puma when Spiritus can do the job just as well! Great update SM! (Note: I still am sad that Puma left - don't take any offence anyone!)

Awesome pictures.

DoubleStandards
May-02-2017, 22:55
Thanks for the update SM. Being more transparent with a road map must be hard with you lads all volunteering your time, especially if it includes timeframes, but will help keep the dream alive.

I imagine that TF (now TFS) fully expected this. Once the project went commercial they were going to have a responsibility to be more transparent. They are no longer making a mod for loyal fans but a commercial product for paying customers who will have the final say when it comes to the success of the project. I bet the changes they are experiencing right now are as taxing on them as trying to fix the high altitude bug without the source code.

:salute:DS

P.S. @ Flare, maybe too soon?

♣_Spiritus_♣
May-03-2017, 01:48
I need MP!

I just copied his style and format, still hoping he returns.

:salute:

vitabutch
May-05-2017, 17:39
Any news about VR support? MP kept his mouth shut about it every time I asked. Does it mean VR is slipped off the roadmap for 5.0? I am desperately waiting for VR support to start flying with ATAG.

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

ATAG_Colander
May-05-2017, 17:41
Any news about VR support? MP kept his mouth shut about it every time I asked. Does it mean VR is slipped off the roadmap for 5.0? I am desperately waiting for VR support to start flying with ATAG.

We keep our mouths shut for a good reason...
If we say something will be there and then is not, hell will break loose. So, nothing is confirmed until is confirmed even if progress has been made on it.

So, to answer your question, we can't confirm or deny that VR will be included in 4.5.

DoubleStandards
May-05-2017, 19:54
If we say something will be there and then is not, hell will break loose. So, nothing is confirmed until is confirmed even if progress has been made on it.

So, to answer your question, we can't confirm or deny that VR will be included in 4.5.

Wait! Did you just give a hint? Vitabutch was asking if it slipped off the map for 5.0, but you mention 4.5 in your response. :devilish:

:salute:DS

Oersted
May-07-2017, 19:26
Thanks a lot for the update spiritus, well done, cracking read and great screenies. Here's hoping for VR with 4.5: that would be a-we-so-me!

Vlerkies
May-08-2017, 04:01
Thanks for the update and keep up the good work fella's.

Very interested in the map texture shots of France.

HurricaneHarvest
May-08-2017, 05:01
Great Update. If you can fix the AI i will be happy, tired of my defiants being rammed by AI Ace Emil pilots. And gunners shooting into space.

Plane - Defiant, Weak spot - 6 Low, not 6 Hi Emil Aces ! :grrr:

Mysticpuma
May-08-2017, 13:41
Great Update. If you can fix the AI i will be happy, tired of my defiants being rammed by AI Ace Emil pilots. And gunners shooting into space.

Plane - Defiant, Weak spot - 6 Low, not 6 Hi Emil Aces ! :grrr:

We all live in hope :)

Hurricane
May-13-2017, 05:23
Can i ask please, am i right in thinking (sure i read it somewhere). That TF is not really interested in the single player aspect of CLOD ?

The major focus being MP development, for further versions of the game.

I have no real interest in MP, as i find it unrealistic. In regards, blue team bomber formations on servers (it has been explained to me why) the lack of realistic numbers.

If i am wrong, please feel free to shoot me down (literally). :)

Best regards, :salute:
Mike.

kashiide
May-13-2017, 08:52
Can i ask please, am i right in thinking (sure i read it somewhere). That TF is not really interested in the single player aspect of CLOD ?

No sir,we do care of single players,most of players are single players,and people will have the proof of TFs s commitment on this subject soon enough:salute:

ATAG_Colander
May-13-2017, 09:01
The major focus being MP development, for further versions of the game.

Funny thing is that:
1.- FM work is not MP only as SP players will use it too.
2.- Map work is not MP only as SP players will use it too
3.- New planes is not MP only as SP players will use it too.
etc..etc..

So, the correct way to word it would be (I'm not saying that this is correct):
"TFS is not doing work which would only benefit the SP players"

When I'm sitting hours in front of a computer (and I'm sure I talk for all of the TFS members), I'm thinking "how can I improve the game so the community can enjoy it". I'm not thinking, "how can I improve the game for MP only".

Hurricane
May-13-2017, 11:51
Thank you kashiide, i really didn't need the sarcasm from elsewhere. :grrr:

ATAG_Snapper
May-13-2017, 12:21
Thank you kashiide, i really didn't need the sarcasm from elsewhere. :grrr:

Colander was not being sarcastic, he meant every word of it. The "elsewhere" is the man who is -and has been- doing the coding for all the TF patches, including the upcoming TFS patches. He is currently deciphering the newly acquired Source Code to improve Cliffs of Dover for multiplayer and single player alike.

BOO
May-13-2017, 12:30
I didn't detect any sarcasm.

♣_Spiritus_♣
May-13-2017, 17:55
Single player is just as important to us as multiplayer is. :thumbsup:

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
May-13-2017, 21:09

You don't have to say anything out loud Colander...

Just blink twice if it's true!

:)

We will not be building the C.200 for TF 5.0.

We had a decision between doing a C.202 and a C.200. The already existing Fiat G.50 has very similar performance to the C.200, but we lack a late '41/early '42 Italian fighter, so the decision was made to go with the C.202.

If only it were as simple as swapping out the engine :( , but clearly there are more changes to the air frame than just that.

I'm amazed at how much progress you guys have made on all of these new aircraft though. Incredible work!

Is the 205 so different than the 202 that it would need additional 3d modeling work, or is it mostly FM and CEM changes?

(Don't mean to sound like I'm demanding a 205, obviously you'd have to finish the 202 before even considering starting work on a 205)

And considering all of the additional aircraft under development... I'm surprised to see a 202 on the list in the first place!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-13-2017, 21:15
You don't have to say anything out loud Colander...

Just blink twice if it's true!

:)

If only it were as simple as swapping out the engine :( , but clearly there are more changes to the air frame than just that.

I'm amazed at how much progress you guys have made on all of these new aircraft though. Incredible work!

Is the 205 so different than the 202 that it would need additional 3d modeling work, or is it mostly FM and CEM changes?

(Don't mean to sound like I'm demanding a 205, obviously you'd have to finish the 202 before even considering starting work on a 205)

And considering all of the additional aircraft under development... I'm surprised to see a 202 on the list in the first place!

There are significant differences which mean the 3D model has to be re-worked. The C.202 airframe from the nose back is actually much more like the C.200 than the C.205.

And re. single player, we hope to have positive news for the community soon.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
May-13-2017, 22:38
Interesting. I thought it was only minor tweaks to the nose section to fit the newer engine for the 205, didn't realize there were changes to the rest of the body. The 200 obviously has a very different nose and radiator setup... so that I could see as quite a bit of modeling to complete.

IIJG27Rich
May-14-2017, 00:59
Just a question...I'm just wondering if anyone knows if any simulator has ever had an outstanding reputation for great offline play? I'm almost always online so it's hard for me to know. Thanks.

ATAG_Flare
May-14-2017, 01:06
Just a question...I'm just wondering if anyone knows if any simulator has ever had an outstanding reputation for great offline play? I'm almost always online so it's hard for me to know. Thanks.

Falcon 4 (now BMS) is known for is AWESOME dynamic campaign that basically simulates an entire war. It makes for really good singleplayer that's different every time, and it can be flown multiplayer as well. It really is the top flight sim experience out there in terms of missions and campaigns. I wish there was something similar in a WWII setting.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-14-2017, 02:15

The original RED BARON 3D had the best single player campaign I have ever seen.

Game is still available out there, but obviously a little limited in graphics by today's standards... although there are mods which improve it.

ATAG_Ezzie
May-14-2017, 02:44
I thought MiG Alley was pretty good.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiG_Alley_(video_game)

Ezzie

Mysticpuma
May-14-2017, 02:48

Battle of Britain : Wings of Victory II is as far as I am aware, has the best Artificial Intelligence in a WW2 simulation to this date. Coded by a guy called Buddeye it is truly an amazing Single Player experience, especially when you end up in a rolling scissors against an enemy or yo-yo.

Buzzsaw's comment about positive news for the community gives us hope that a fix to. The Ai and Radio Commands is underway :)

Cheers, MP

IIJG27Rich
May-14-2017, 04:44
Thank you MP:salute:

BOO
May-14-2017, 07:26
At the risk of sounding like a certain younger member of our community......You know what id really like to see?

Some, at least the larger, WW1 cemeteries modelled for France. They were there in the most part at the outbreak of WW2. I know TFS have a gzillion things to do that are more important to the game but in this, the centenary decade of that conflict, it would be a nice touch perhaps to have some acknowledgement of the other great conflict of the 20th century.

I think I may have said this before. Apologies if I have.

IIJG27Rich
May-14-2017, 11:53
I found this..

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=cr&ei=ABKTUufVDuivjAKp2YCoBw#q=War+cemeteries+in+fran ce&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=49660484,324764,86190&tbm=lcl&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2

Babar89
May-15-2017, 09:34
Yes I can confirm that Red Baron and Falcon 4 had very good dynamic campaigns indeed. I also enjoyed very much the one from Tornado (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_(1993_video_game)) .
The mission planner screen allowed the gamer to plot strategies, gather intelligence data, pin-point targets, study mission briefings, draw flight plans (way points and air patrols), etc. :-)
The complete source code (in Assembly!) has been released a few months ago.

Mysticpuma
May-16-2017, 07:25
Managed to find the short video I created using Battle of Britain Wings of Victory II. It's called "Interception"

I uploaded it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxRTkjCB7y4&feature=youtu.be

This was created 9-years-ago and you can see the challenge the enemy put up including a Rolling Scissors!

Of particular note to me was that the Ai was/is fallible. Check out the guncam footage at 9m 12s and watch the 109 that I am chasing (and had damaged) as it tried to manoeuvre away. Rather than the Ai pulling perfect moves and taking into account the damage it is flying with, this 109 tried to out manoeuvre me but ended up stalling and crashing. Quite incredible!

Love great Ai, who doesn't!? :)

Cheers, MP

invictus84
May-16-2017, 17:57
Managed to find the short video I created using Battle of Britain Wings of Victory II. It's called "Interception"

I uploaded it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxRTkjCB7y4&feature=youtu.be

This was created 9-years-ago and you can see the challenge the enemy put up including a Rolling Scissors!

Of particular note to me was that the Ai was/is fallible. Check out the guncam footage at 9m 12s and watch the 109 that I am chasing (and had damaged) as it tried to manoeuvre away. Rather than the Ai pulling perfect moves and taking into account the damage it is flying with, this 109 tried to out manoeuvre me but ended up stalling and crashing. Quite incredible!

Love great Ai, who doesn't!? :)

Cheers, MP

Rowan made great sims with great AI. I always found the AI in MiG Alley was great....or maybe I was just terrible. :D

Cotoi
May-16-2017, 21:04
Thank you very much for your work, is looking really great. Hope to see the new DLC on pre-order soon.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-17-2017, 00:46
Rowan made great sims with great AI. I always found the AI in MiG Alley was great....or maybe I was just terrible. :D

Rowan didn't make the great AI in BoB II, it was done by the community modding group which took over. (in fact Rowan had abandoned the game in a highly bugged state)

ATAG_Highseas
May-17-2017, 03:18
Abandoned? Highly bugged state?

Sounds like it could be awesome

;)

Catseye
May-18-2017, 19:40
Thanks Spiritus,
Thanks for a very good update.

I've been away from COD for a bit and I look forward to what the possibilities could be.

I'm really hoping for a SIM with the detailed "cockpit" management of DCS and the quality of game-play, aircraft choice, map, and damage modelling of COD.

Things appear to be heading in that direction and Kudos to TF for taking on the challenge.

Cheers,
Cats . . . .

♣_Spiritus_♣
May-18-2017, 19:48
Thanks Spiritus,
Thanks for a very good update.

I've been away from COD for a bit and I look forward to what the possibilities could be.

I'm really hoping for a SIM with the detailed "cockpit" management of DCS and the quality of game-play, aircraft choice, map, and damage modelling of COD.

Things appear to be heading in that direction and Kudos to TF for taking on the challenge.

Cheers,
Cats . . . .

Make sure you stop by more often for news. :thumbsup: