PDA

View Full Version : Operation Daisy - Red spawn bases issues

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-05-2012, 05:39
Hi guys,

Just a quick one.

Is it possible at all to do anything to fix the spawn problems at the red bases, or are they hard-coded into the map architecture?

For example:
1. Spawning at Gravesend or Rochester in the bunkers will result, about 50% of the time in spawning where there is an invisible hole in the ground in front of the aircraft. taxing forward results in destruction of the aircraft
2. Biggin Hill. Some of the spawn points (also in bunkers) result in the aircraft flipping onto its back when you spawn

As far as I can tell, the only two bases which you can safely spawn WITHOUT such problems are Kenley and East church. This reduces the variety of tactics available in this map, and contributes to (but is not solely responsible for) the over-reliance on Eastchurch.

I believe that these issues might occur at some of the french bases too, on other maps (problems for blue pilots???)

ATAG_Septic
Dec-05-2012, 06:22
Thanks for posting this up Pstyle, I've noticed this too but hadn't raised the issue.

Septic.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Dec-05-2012, 11:50
If the map maker is shown exactly which spawns are bad he can place a static plane there and the game will not try to spawn a human player there.

For example, open up the Channel map in the FMB and zoom in on an airbase. You will see a bunch of little nodes with numbers on them. Each one of those is a potential spawn point. Post which #'s are bad at which airbase and they can be blocked off.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-05-2012, 12:35
Super, thanks Notafigner.

I think this is only a problem for that daisy map - which was only supposed to be a one-off, but somehow got left on the server in a rather poor/un-finished condition. ... It's good to know there is a solution.

Roblex
Dec-05-2012, 13:31
I have never had a problem with Biggin Hill unless I tried to cut across the grass. As long as I keep to the taxiways I have never crashed. Therefore I wonder whether the problem is an invisible hole on the grass between tax-way and runway?

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-05-2012, 14:05
I have updated quite a few spawns on this map. Reds also now have objectives. A few airfields have been moved around or removed. Mission time is 3 hours now as well.

ATAG_Septic
Dec-05-2012, 14:58
Thanks muchly Bliss old chum.

Septic.

Catseye
Dec-05-2012, 19:23
I have updated quite a few spawns on this map. Reds also now have objectives. A few airfields have been moved around or removed. Mission time is 3 hours now as well.

Sounds good Bliss,
Looking forward to giving it a whirl.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-07-2012, 14:39
Sounds good Bliss,
Looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Anyone tried the new version out yet? Is it a :thumbsup: or a :doh:

Catseye
Dec-08-2012, 16:23
Anyone tried the new version out yet? Is it a :thumbsup: or a :doh:

Hi Bliss,
Spawn points at Biggin Hill are down in a valley near the airfield.
Entering, the aircraft can be rolling down to the bottom of the hill.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-08-2012, 17:43
Yikes. I put so many spawn objects there it's not funny. Grr at this buggy shit.

Catseye
Dec-08-2012, 19:46
Yikes. I put so many spawn objects there it's not funny. Grr at this buggy shit.

One positive thing is that my aircraft was accelerating downhill straight past a number of others that appeared to be locked in various positions halfway down but regrettably I couldn't start the engine in time as I suspect I could have zoomed up the other side of the hill and catapulted off like a Harrier takeoff. :)

The dynamics of what they've built into aircraft motion still amazes me!

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-08-2012, 19:59
Any chance u can alt f2 when you spawn and take an over head screen shot of when you have a bad spawn? That would help me to try and fix it. The in-game usual bad spawn points at that field have been covered up. Anything else I did there would be just a complete random guess.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Dec-09-2012, 12:14

That is the problem. If you block off the primary spawn points at an airbase the game will spawn players anywhere inside a ~500m radius of the base. Often times it will be in the middle of a town requiring you go cross country. Buggy shit indeed.

Roblex
Dec-09-2012, 18:21
Bit of a nightmare tonight on Daisy map. Our squad failed to spawn safely on Kenley, Biggin & Maidstone and only managed to all get up from Gravesend by respawning 5 or 6 times each because every time someone moved they would suddenly leap in the air (sometimes it happened as soon as we spawned in). At Kenley & Biggin we just kept spawning on the hill and rolling down backwards. During the course of the evening I spawned over 20 times just to take off 5 times!

Salmo
Dec-09-2012, 18:41

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-10-2012, 09:38
Both Kenley and Biggin Hill spawns are, unfortunately, severely broke.

I spawned in 20 times last night before I could get a spawn point where I was able to take off.

I realise it's a game bug, and not a mission-maker's problem.
Maybe we can open up some other bases? Southend?Gatwick?

Salmo
Dec-10-2012, 11:42
I'm not familiar with Op Daisy, but it sounds like you may have run out of hard-spawn points at Biggin Hill, Kenley, Maidstone if planes are spawning in towns or on hillsides. Bliss, have you considered laying a custom base over the top of these airfields to give you more spawn points?

Catseye
Dec-10-2012, 11:54
Bit of a nightmare tonight on Daisy map. Our squad failed to spawn safely on Kenley, Biggin & Maidstone and only managed to all get up from Gravesend by respawning 5 or 6 times each because every time someone moved they would suddenly leap in the air (sometimes it happened as soon as we spawned in). At Kenley & Biggin we just kept spawning on the hill and rolling down backwards. During the course of the evening I spawned over 20 times just to take off 5 times!

Interesting!
Yesterday evening I spawned several times at Biggin and had no problems. Just days before I spawned on the hillside and skidded down.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-10-2012, 12:13
I think the problem goes like this....

The game picks spawn point 1 for you. SP1 is occupied by another plane, then it picks SP2 and so forth until one spot is empty.
So:
if the good spots are taken, you spawn on a bad one
or
if the bad spots are taken, you spawn on a good one

Makes sense?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-10-2012, 12:23
I think the problem goes like this....

The game picks spawn point 1 for you. SP1 is occupied by another plane, then it picks SP2 and so forth until one spot is empty.
So: if the good spots are taken, you spawn on a bad one or if the bad spots are taken, you spawn on a good one Makes sense?

Yup. I think that's how it works.
I would politely suggest opening up more bases for reds to spawn at perhaps?
And Blue could probably do with a couple of bases on France to spawn at too.