PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Stats

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-05-2012, 05:52
Just a couple of questions about the stats here: http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/atag/stats.php

1. What does "air abandons" mean? Is that bail-outs? or is it when the player uses the Alt-F2 function (or clicks on the map to re spawn before they die)?

2. Does a failed spawn (i.e. when you spawn at Biggin Hill for example and the plane flips on it's back) get counted as a separate sortie by the stats?

Cheers,
pstyle

Recoilfx
Dec-05-2012, 08:40
1.) I think Colander might be in a better position to explain the bailout/abandon situation.

2.) As for the sorties value, it's using "Entered Vehicle", if you flip your plane during take off, enter another plane, that counts as two sorties.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-05-2012, 10:40
Abandons are when you leave the plane without landing.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-05-2012, 11:04
2.) As for the sorties value, it's using "Entered Vehicle", if you flip your plane during take off, enter another plane, that counts as two sorties.

If you flip your plane.....

AKA, if the map flips your plane ;)

Roblex
Dec-05-2012, 13:35
Abandons are when you leave the plane without landing.

So the next question is 'Does being in the air when the mission ends count as an 'Abandon'? If we start counting stats based on landing kills then we need to know if we need to land quickly as soon as we get a message about the ending (or is it too late by then?)

On the IL2 servers that kept k/d & streak stats etc, being in the air at mission end counted as a successful landing.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-05-2012, 14:02
They should not as you did not leave the plane while the mission was running.

MK.Mr.X
Dec-05-2012, 20:09
Are there are any work to improve the statistics?Will be an improvement or not?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-05-2012, 20:56
Are there are any work to improve the statistics?Will be an improvement or not?

Рекомендую всем сделать два простых действия:
1) отставить панику
2) ждать обещанного официального анонса
Все будет хорошо.

Sounds familiar? :)

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=78038&page=14&p=1937819&viewfull=1#post1937819

Roblex
Dec-06-2012, 16:11
Is there a particular way to exit a plane cleanly after landing? I seem to have a very high number of 'ground abandons' compared to 'landings'. Perhaps it is counting the times I despawn without actually taking off or maybe I am despawning before coming to a full stop. I hope it is not counting despawning while the engine is still running (though I usually shut it down if not in a hurry) I also have a habit of moving off the runway before despawning so I hope a 'landing' does not have to end on the runway itself.

More worrying is 7 air abandons when I have only bailed once this month and never despawn in the air as it is not fair to the person who shot me down (though I will do my damnedest to ditch, however messily, and rob them of the satisfaction of killing the pilot :PP )

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-07-2012, 04:31
Is there a particular way to exit a plane cleanly after landing? I seem to have a very high number of 'ground abandons' compared to 'landings'. Perhaps it is counting the times I despawn without actually taking off or maybe I am despawning before coming to a full stop. I hope it is not counting despawning while the engine is still running (though I usually shut it down if not in a hurry) I also have a habit of moving off the runway before despawning so I hope a 'landing' does not have to end on the runway itself.

Roblex, I THINK (but cannot confirm) that if the message "Roblex has landed" or "Roblex has returned to base" comes up, then you can despawn without abandoning. I think you need to be doing 0 speed for this. Not sure if the engine needs to be off.

The whole airfield should be within he range of the "base". If you land in a field it will normally say "crash landed".. but I'm not 100% sure on that either.

Roblex
Dec-08-2012, 03:12
There is definitely something odd with the stats.

Last night I wrote down all my stats (having not flown for 36 hours so all were up to date).
Spawned and immediately despawned and checked the stats again using the new ATAG stats page but all were unchanged.
Respawned and took off as soon as it was ready but left rads closed so I had engine damage as soon as I got up. Pressed Esc.
No change in any stats so I came out of IL2 and waited an hour.
Still no change in New ATAG or old http://216.52.148.29:2012/ATAGStats/ATAGStatsV1.html
Wanting clean data I did nothing more & went to bed for 7 hours.

Next morning still no change in stats.
Took off and dived in to ground. No change in either stats page
Getting bored of testing stats that wont change I tried free flying but having frame rate problems so despawned (at 0mph) after taxiing out and restarted with new video settings and took off and attacked an enemy bomber but failed to bring it down. Landed with no damage and taxied to hangars and switched off engine & mags & fuel & despawned.

Checked stats and both land and air abandons have increased by 2 each. Landings & Pilot & Plane deaths have increased by one each (which is OK)

So to summarise
Two despawns while stationary before take-off (with engine running but zero velocity)
One mid-air despawn just after take-off
One crash with despawn after death.
One landing and despawn back at hangar with everything switched off.
Result: Two Air abandons & two Land Abandons

From my perspective I would expect only one air abandon as when I crashed I stayed in the plane until after death.
To get two Land Abandons it must have counted both despawns I did without ever taking off; one at spawn point and one at runway end. Is this proof that despawning with engine running, even on the airfield, is counted as a land abandon? Alternatively maybe any despawn that was was not preceded by 'X has landed' or 'X has returned to base' is counted?

I am also a bit puzzled about the stats not changing for so long. I did reload both stats pages when no changes were showing and used F5 to refresh. The first test was between about 20:30 & 21:30 GMT {in Daisy map) and there was still no change at 06:00 next day (on new radar map). First time I saw new stats was about 7:00 after I had come out of COD. With stats not changing it makes it hard to do proper testing. EDIT: Explained by Bliss in next post.

UPDATE: Added a bail (all the way to ground). It incremented the Air Abandoned but not the Plane Deaths which makes me wonder what Plane Deaths is counting. I did see my plane impact long before the chute reached the ground. Stats were not updated 5 minutes after bail but were when I looked about 15 minutes later.

UPDATE 2: Making no sense now. I got shot down by ack (not a pilot kill) trying to bomb Oye-Plage and made a big crater but did not despawn for another minute. Next mission I got my engine shot-out attacking bombers and made a heavy landing on the runway at Hawkinge breaking the undercarriage but getting a 'Roblex has returned to base' message. Did not despawn for a few minutes.
Result from these two flights? Another plane death and another Landing, Correct. TWO more pilots deaths and and another Air Abandon WTF?
I wondered if some of the stats are delayed but since flying on Wednesday evening (when I did not die at all that day) I have only died twice but the stats show three deaths. I assume the bailout does not count as a death and the mid-air escape did not increment the deaths either (though it should IMHO).

Looking back through this post it shows I have gained a spurious 'Air Abandon' twice, both times following a crash with the pilot still alive which does not make a lot of sense.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-08-2012, 17:42
The stats program had crashed last night. And I didn't see it until this morning. I doubt any changes/parsing occurred during that time because the program was crashed.

Roblex
Dec-09-2012, 07:25
OK. I am getting pretty consistent results for Air Abandons; COD counts dying when you crash as being an air abandon.

One successful landing on runway with heavy damage then despawn stationary off runway with engine off and
one death (hitting ground while still alive)
AirAbandon+1, Death+1, Landing+1, Planedeath+1, Land Abandon+1 Neither abandon should be there.

One successful ditch then esc when stationary +
twice shot down (both with pilot alive when impacted ground)
AirAbandon+3, Death+2 All three counted as AirAb Only one plane death despite two being scattered across the terrain and me not despawning for at lest 60 seconds.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-10-2012, 10:10
Roblex,

You might also notice that when you spawn at a bad spawn point and have to try again, it adds a "sortie" to your stats, thus lowering your kill ratio.

Last night, when we had that mad period of hunting around for an actual working spawn point on the operation daisy map, my "number of sorties flown" went up dramatically (by 20!).

So I would not place too much emphasis on the stats.

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-10-2012, 10:48
WE HAVE STATS?!? :stunned:

MK.Mr.X
Dec-11-2012, 02:34
WE HAVE STATS?!? :stunned:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/content.php

BKellem
Dec-12-2012, 00:42
The only reason I risk my neck up there is because of the stats. And they must be down again because all of my glorious kills from last night and tonight (12-10 -12-11) are not scoring. I hope they they come back soon. I love the ATAG servers thanks guys! Hopefully Santa will bring me my new headphones and mic I asked for Christmas so I can shoot down some more. :D

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-12-2012, 00:47
The only reason I risk my neck up there is because of the stats. And they must be down again because all of my glorious kills from last night and tonight (12-10 -12-11) are not scoring. I hope they they come back soon. I love the ATAG servers thanks guys! Hopefully Santa will bring me my new headphones and mic I asked for Christmas so I can shoot down some more. :D

Thanks for letting us know. I just restarted the stats program. We are still trying to keep them integrated with the new website so it's a WIP until all the bugs are ironed out.

BKellem
Dec-12-2012, 14:02
The stats are back! Thanks. Let the hunting begin. Ich werde ewig fliegen und kampfen

ATAG_Colander
Dec-12-2012, 14:21
Bliss,

Did the transfer program die again?

MK.Mr.X
Dec-13-2012, 00:02
Maybe you're interested in will be?
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=78150&p=1942731#post1942731

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-13-2012, 02:36
Bliss,

Did the transfer program die again?

No it's actually not the transfer program. It's the stats program. Seems once its done reading all the db's, it gets an error at the end (in the dos box) and never registers anymore stats. Says something along the lines of unable to connect etc. almost acting like its in Limbo.

Roblex
Dec-16-2012, 06:28
While in no way nagging you to spend your free time fixing things for others, I just wanted to point out in case you needed to know that the stats don't appear to have updated for at least 14 hours.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-16-2012, 12:56
Yeah, it was hung.

It should update in about 20 minutes (is re-reading all the data).

ATAG_Septic
Dec-26-2012, 12:33
Hi,

Is it possible to put ground target kills such as ships and arty back into the Stats page?

It might be too much work but if not I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Septic.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jan-02-2013, 06:57
Just to add that if connection with the server is lost due to steam issues, other connection issues, launcher crashes, etc - these will also count as an 'air abandon'. In addition, from what I have observed, being airborne when a mission ends also counts as an 'abandon'.