PDA

View Full Version : TF campaign questions

chris draper
May-21-2017, 09:03
Hi All,

Im just wondering what to expect from the TF campaign. So far I have started it twice and done the first mission where I am told to patrol area A4. I take off and fly down there with the ground controller giving me vectors to that area. But I never find anything. My wingmen just fly around Ramsgate. After about 10 minutes I noticed that there was an incoming attack that all my wingmen and some spits where engaging over Ramsgate. I went back and eventually caught a ME110.

The trouble is that Im not sure what to expect from the campaign ??

Are all the missions structured like that ??

How do I get my wingmen to follow me ?

Does the ground controller just vector you to the patrol area rather than contacts.

I saw somewhere that you get medals and promotions, but where do they show up.

Does the starting date matter ? (I've set it to september 1st 1940)

Is it dynamic and just generate missions endlessly ?

Sorry for all the questions but I cannot find information anywhere. If there is a description please can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Chris

I_B_Spectre
Oct-10-2017, 09:56
Chris, sorry you didn't get any replies when you posted months ago. On the chance that you might still have questions, I'll give you what I've observed about the TF campaign. I've focused on flying the smaller "east" map for the RAF and went through the campaign once and have restarted it recently.

It's been my observation that it takes roughly 10 minutes from mission start before enemy forces show up. With this in mind, I've sat on the runway, engine idling, parking brake On and hit time compression while watching the cockpit clock so that takeoff occurs in advance of whatever time-to-climb I need to arrive in the vicinity of the enemy when they show up.

AI wingmen are a pain. I keep messaging my flight to set the formation and sometimes they do, but often they do not.

The ground control generally gives a vector to your next waypoint, the bearing and distance to bombers and fighters. The default distance seems to be 15 miles on the reported bearing to enemy aircraft. When the distance begins to drop below 15 miles, then you can steadily query ground control for updated information. If you've set your map to show aircraft icons, the enemy may or may not show up. I've gotten into fur balls and not seen any blue icons on the map.

I haven't seen any medals mentioned in the TF campaign. I see them in the excellent WWI Rise of Flight, but the only measure of success or failure in the TF campaign is "success" or failure.

I haven't experimented with campaign start dates. Most of the time I start in 1939, but that might have more to do with what aircraft models are available based in historical timeline.

I don't know if the missions are dynamic or not. It's been a few years ago, but I seem to recall completing the campaign.

I hope this helps and my answers are based on my personal impressions. Someone with more experience and knowledge might provide better information