PDA

View Full Version : Tannenberg: WWI Eastern Front FPS

Cybermat47
May-24-2017, 08:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE32n9kUddU

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-24-2017, 14:35
Why would they want to recreate this battle??> :crazyeyes:

It was a massacre... Russians were surrounded and pounded to death with artillery... was not a close battle.

ATAG_Flare
May-24-2017, 18:46

It was a massacre... Russians were surrounded and pounded to death with artillery... was not a close battle.

The game will probably encompass the whole eastern front, so things like the Brusilov offensive and the siege of Premzyl (spelling on that one?) will probably be in the game also, just like "Verdun" included most of the main battles of the west front, not only Verdun itself. Tannenberg is just probably the name that most people will recognise.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-24-2017, 21:51
I own Verdun... and much prefer RED ORCHESTRA 2 and RISING STORM for FPS's.... if I had the time I'd buy Rising Storm.

But I don't have the time... :doh:

ATAG_Flare
May-25-2017, 10:19
I own Verdun... and much prefer RED ORCHESTRA 2 and RISING STORM for FPS's.... if I had the time I'd buy Rising Storm.

But I don't have the time... :doh:

I have looked at Verdun but I don't think it can compete with Red Orchestra, which is fantastic. I think I may get Rising Storm 2, I played the beta for it and it was quite good.

Verdun on the other hand, I don't think it looks as immersive. Too much HUD, clunky animations.

ATAG_Highseas
May-25-2017, 10:21

was not a close battle.

To some gamers that's the holy grail... !

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
May-31-2017, 09:59
I have looked at Verdun but I don't think it can compete with Red Orchestra, which is fantastic. I think I may get Rising Storm 2, I played the beta for it and it was quite good.

Verdun on the other hand, I don't think it looks as immersive. Too much HUD, clunky animations.

I've played both. Verdun isn't terrible, but yeah, it just isn't quite as immersive as Red Orchestra with all the extra HUD nonsense: "Hit" indicator (+15 points... woohoo -.-), Crosshairs, minimap, ect... and it still lacks 64 player servers. Oh well, it is what it is.

Like I say, it isn't terrible, but I would basically play it for a little bit... and then load up RO2 and play that instead lol

nathaniel
May-02-2018, 04:23
To some gamers that (https://clubofpassion.com/mobile)'s the holy grail... !

It does for me.