PDA

View Full Version : Missions in general

helvetic
Dec-08-2012, 07:15
I really enjoy flying on your server. In the last time it became little bit boring. The missions do not change for hours, all players are flying their own "missions". That makes that all are somewhere else. When we try to fly serious in formation bombing the targets no one cares about. In addition, the London-Mission(german landed in england) is now a vulching-party on both sides. Its fun but for this I go to Repka Dogfight.

Suggestions:

1. Missions not longer then 2hours
2. Just one side is attacking, other one is defending

For exemple:
Mission 1 Canal Map, Convoy Mission
- red defend their ships at littlestione and the beaufighters at Ramsgate
Mission 2 Canal Map, Convoy Mission
- blue defend their ships and the tanks at oyeplage

Unfortunately, the community is not big enough for the "big" mission at the moment.

greets.

JG4_Helvetic

MK.Mr.X
Dec-08-2012, 09:00
I really enjoy flying on your server. In the last time it became little bit boring. The missions do not change for hours, all players are flying their own "missions". That makes that all are somewhere else. When we try to fly serious in formation bombing the targets no one cares about. In addition, the London-Mission(german landed in england) is now a vulching-party on both sides. Its fun but for this I go to Repka Dogfight.

Suggestions:

1. Missions not longer then 2hours
2. Just one side is attacking, other one is defending

For exemple:
Mission 1 Canal Map, Convoy Mission
- red defend their ships at littlestione and the beaufighters at Ramsgate
Mission 2 Canal Map, Convoy Mission
- blue defend their ships and the tanks at oyeplage

Unfortunately, the community is not big enough for the "big" mission at the moment.

greets.

JG4_Helvetic

People mulling all this for months, and you come and you want to adjust the server for themselves ... not nice!
1. What do you give the 2 hours?
2. You think someone needs only ships?

No one is forcing you to take off from the airfield ,which is under attack!

Doc
Dec-08-2012, 12:16
It's not a big mission. It's a big map.

Which is exactly what the community desires.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-08-2012, 12:30
It seems to be hard for many to grasp the issue of making missions that fit every one's style of play and do this when there are 2 players in the server as well as when there are 90.

If we had a server that targeted a specific type of play, mission designing would be a lot easier. Gladly for the community, our server tries not to limit any type of playing style.

If one wants to dog fight and only dog fight, it does not matter what map is on or if the next one comes in 10 hours or 10 minutes. One will DF on either map.
If one wants to drop bombs on targets, one needs some time to do so. Bombers can take 1 hour to reach the target just to miss or be shot down and start all over again.

My $0.02.

Colander.

Little_D
Dec-08-2012, 15:39
Hi gents,

i am a little bit with helvetic in 1 point, i is boring to fly 5 or more hours the same map. I think 2 hours are to short, 3 hours would be better, so you can fly on a long weekend night mor than 1 map.
The situation for me in the moment is, that i play 2 maps from out of 6, because the other maps dont show up often at my time when i have time to fly. the dunqurk map i dont fly for the last to week or more.
there are still 2 missions i dont know, because of the long time the maps are running.

its ok when ATAG say: we dont limit the way of flying on our server, so everybody can fly like he wants.
maby its agood idea to let the ai-bombers win the map if they are not stopt by the defender ore be protected by the atackers and not only as targetpractise, so the acardeguys can make dogfights and the
missionflyers have something to do, to winn/loos the map. in this way we have even in a 5 hours map the change that the maps will end after 2/3 hours, when nobody cares about the targets.
as colander says a dogfighter dont care about the map that is running. with this the missionflyers get the change to fly more than 1 map in his flyingtime.

only my 2 cent.

regards

Little_D

ATAG_Colander
Dec-08-2012, 19:31
Uhm....
Just thinking out loud:
- Random order map rotation ?
- Random map lengths (i.e. +-3 hours)?

Thoughts?

helvetic
Dec-09-2012, 10:54
Its not a attack from my side. Just a suggestion and giving my opinion. I think constuctive feedback helps to keep the server atractiv. @ mr.x

I think the reason of the popularity of ATAG is the "full realismus" and the historical touch. So every efforts in this direction are good. I know that its difficult. I dont have the solution.

Maybee it helps to try out the different possibilitys. More map rotation would be nice. I have not seen dunkirque mission for weeks. This map is good bc it combines every desire. Dogfight, Bomber, real everything.

What is about my suggestion with the mission where just one Side has to attack and the other defend?

Little_D
Dec-09-2012, 11:40
Hi gents,

@ yes Colander, maby we can put it up wow Level. If it is possible from the server, somthing like:

Lets start with the dunqurke mission we have, as example. If blue wins, next mission dunqurke_1 is easyer for blue to win. If red wins first mission, next mission dunqurke_2 comes and its easyer for red to win. This for other maps we have or can be made: like battle of france, Kanalkampf, eagle day, up to battle over over london. A maximum of 2 maps from each type of map could be run. so we get for the dogfigters central doghfighting points, for the simmer mission-maps, where you need 2 victorys to win this map-battle, still with the change that it ends 1:1.

I know we all dont have the time to bild this map in 2 weeks, but i think we have some good mapbuilders that have realy knowleg in building maps and have realy a good knowleg in making waypoints for the IA. There are other people like me out there, that like to build a map or better to bring a map alife, like nice looking airfields and targets with defence, based on historry as far as it is possible in CoD., it is called teamplade or so i think.

If i find a mapbuilder or a person that can make the other thing, like setting up the points, the airfields with the right planes to spawn for a online server map, waypoints for the IA, the spawn intime, etc., when i write him or talk to him, how i want it to run, if it is possible to build. i would like to offer to bild a teamplade for 3 maps as 2 map rotation battle, if ATAG is interested and i find a person that know to make the rest.

Maximum time for the map 2,5 hours so we still fly a map 5 hours, but we have 2 differend missiongoals for the simmer and 2 doghfighthotspots for the doghfighter.

regards

Little_D