PDA

View Full Version : Bonditaria has just uploaded Stick and Rudder; An Explanation of the Art of Flying by

Bonditaria
Jun-06-2017, 14:56
Bonditaria has just uploaded Stick and Rudder; An Explanation of the Art of Flying by Wolfgang Langewiesche (https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=129)!

Stick and Rudder; An Explanation of the Art of Flying by Wolfgang Langewiesche

Bonditaria
Jun-06-2017, 15:27
This book is excellent. It is easy to read and understand, the explanations are in plain language and the author doesn't dazzle with mathematics of flight, just the basics.

How an aircraft flies and what the controls do, and how to use them at various times in flight.

In the real world I would expect a new pilot to have a thorough familiarity with all these truths before ever taking a seat at the controls of an aircraft.

In the sim world you can learn to fly pretty much without any knowledge, just because it is a computer game.

However if you combine your learning from the game with the knowledge in this book and apply the lessons within, you will become a better sim pilot, be sure!

5 stars.:thumbsup:

Baffin
Jun-06-2017, 21:55
deleted

9./JG52 Sturm
Jun-08-2017, 13:29
It's not letting me download this as apparently I don't have the correct permissions. Anyone else been successful?

BOO
Jun-08-2017, 14:22
No issues here James. PM sent with a one drive link from my download to you.

ATAG_Flare
Jun-12-2017, 23:17
Have a hard copy of this. Have yet to read it, but it's on my list for sure.

ATAG_Scones
Apr-04-2019, 18:05
Thanks Bondi.

:salute:

SD_MBen
Apr-05-2019, 06:42
It's not letting me download this as apparently I don't have the correct permissions. Anyone else been successful?
Ditto for some reason?

EAF602_Red
Apr-05-2019, 14:47
Worked for me, clicked on download all files and 30secs later done,,

Cheers Bondi

Waldemar Piec Krawiec
Nov-04-2023, 15:31
Thanks for that, have to check it

ATAG_SchiopulCiung
Nov-06-2023, 09:02
This is such a good read I can't put it down!

Thank you Bonditaria for posting this and thank you Waldemar for commenting on the thread. I would have never come across it if you hadn't commented.

I thought for years that it was a bit silly that the F-16 has an AOA indicator as I thought the AOA is quite an obvious thing. After going through about half of the book the only obvious thing is that I did not understand what the AOA is.

There are many hidden gems in this forum but this just made my week!!! :salute: