PDA

View Full Version : The in flight map, needs a major makeover, decent scale, show white flag autoscroll

BOBC
Jul-01-2017, 19:42
Hi, I find the in flight map distracting, by the time I have zoomed it bigger to first of all find myself, then to see individual a/c to find out where the enemy are, and my compatriots who I have managed to lose yet again, then managed the fiddly task to get mouse to drag map corner wider, and obliterated my view from the cockpit with it, I have crashed.

It needs to default to view scale with individual a/c visible, and autoscroll to keep the player in the map middle.

Also ideally to have it translucent., it takes up too much screen before it is truly useable .

Are there plans to sort this map out ?

BOBC

SIA_Sp00k
Jul-01-2017, 23:24
Bob you need to realise that since the TF patches, the game isnt being designed with the single player version in mind. (Maybe TF5 I dont know). For most here, the focus is on multiplayer and I presume the various fixes and things are done with that in mind while trying to sort out the odd furphy on the single player side, IF, it also helps the MMP game. The single player game is thought of at present as the lead in to the MMP arenas for new players. (understand some only want the single player game) Not sure you will see a vestitude of patches for that side of things anytime soon.

Mind you, I have no insight into future plans. Just my thoughts.

BOO
Jul-02-2017, 05:14
Not sure that's right Sp00K.

There is a far larger SP base than MP. MP wont butter the bread and never will. CLod will likely live or die by being a good SP game since it will need to turn a profit for further development/publishing. I gathered TFS recognise this and are working hard to make the SP experience as good as it can be.

1lokos
Jul-02-2017, 11:29
...to see individual a/c to find out where the enemy are, and my compatriots who I have managed to lose yet again,

If instead search aircraft's in 2D MAP (like a "GPS") you start search then in the sky, will have a better situation awareness. :D

Talisman
Jul-02-2017, 12:59
Hi, I find the in flight map distracting, by the time I have zoomed it bigger to first of all find myself, then to see individual a/c to find out where the enemy are, and my compatriots who I have managed to lose yet again, then managed the fiddly task to get mouse to drag map corner wider, and obliterated my view from the cockpit with it, I have crashed.

It needs to default to view scale with individual a/c visible, and autoscroll to keep the player in the map middle.

Also ideally to have it translucent., it takes up too much screen before it is truly useable .

Are there plans to sort this map out ?

BOBC

Hi BOBC,

You can set the map to the place you want it on the screen by default and you can change the size/scale you want in the cockpit on the ground before you start flying. Then each time you toggle it open it will open as you want it and all you have to is zoom in or out for more detail using mouse and/or move the map up/down/left/right within the size you have set for your convenience beforehand. I find the CloD map the best map to use in flight, better than any of the other flight sims I use. I only wish that some of the other flight sims I use would provide an in-flight navigation map as good as CloD.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

SIA_Sp00k
Jul-02-2017, 17:20
Not sure that's right Sp00K.

There is a far larger SP base than MP. MP wont butter the bread and never will. CLod will likely live or die by being a good SP game since it will need to turn a profit for further development/publishing. I gathered TFS recognise this and are working hard to make the SP experience as good as it can be.

Hmm, well we live and learn. I would never have guessed that. I tried SP, even downloaded multiple player made missions. Couldn't stand it. Different strokes I guess.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-02-2017, 17:55
Bob you need to realise that since the TF patches, the game isnt being designed with the single player version in mind. (Maybe TF5 I dont know). For most here, the focus is on multiplayer and I presume the various fixes and things are done with that in mind while trying to sort out the odd furphy on the single player side, IF, it also helps the MMP game. The single player game is thought of at present as the lead in to the MMP arenas for new players. (understand some only want the single player game) Not sure you will see a vestitude of patches for that side of things anytime soon.

Mind you, I have no insight into future plans. Just my thoughts.

Hello Spook

Just to let you know, prior to us getting the Source Code, it was extremely difficult to make changes to the AI routines and improve Single Player. We did make a number of changes, including preventing the 'lawn-darting' tendency of AI, but that took a huge effort to decrypt the game and find the problem.

Since we have received the SC, and now that we can actually see the code in un-encrypted form, we have started work on the AI Routines and fixes for many of the issues... but this requires a lot of code writing/testing/code writing/testing/etc. and likely won't be done for TF 4.5. We do expect to have this completed for TF 5.0.

We would also like to make changes to allow easier mission building as well as better COOP online play.

So please understand, Single Player gaming is a big priority. It all takes time though.

Thanks for your interest. :salute:

PS: There are a number of Single Player campaigns out there which work quite well... Desastersoft has some pay to play and Heinkill made some free campaigns. Do a search and you'll find them.