PDA

View Full Version : Where are the default Ju88A Do17Z He111 Ju87B and groundcrew pilotskins to be found ?

BOBC
Jul-02-2017, 18:50
Hi,
I wish to modify these aircraft camouflage skins and uniform and equipment of pilots and groundcrew but cant even find them.

Looked in 1C Softclub C drive address for both default install and the MOD one, folders empty, looked in my D drive IL2 game installs, also empty.

they have to exist somewhere, dont understand also how all these aircraft folders are empty, yet game runs.

Where are the Pilot and groundcrew skins , all I see are aircraft folders, Also wish to locate vehicle skins, E pen skins, radar tower skins.

BOBC

BOO
Jul-03-2017, 03:57
This link contains Checkmysix's layered templates for the aircraft (scroll down a little way)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=16274.0

Stuff like uniforms and ground objects are not currently available to modify by users I don't think.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jul-03-2017, 08:45
What Boo said. Other files aren't available besides the skin for aircraft.

Ground crew will be looked at for 5.0 since we have to do desert uniforms for everyone.

ATAG_((dB))
Jul-03-2017, 14:19
Thanks you very much :)

BOBC
Jul-03-2017, 16:33
Hi,
The ground crew and aircrew all need correcting, from helmets to goggles to masks to parachute harnesses, mae-wests, then of course we have no Luft groundcrew at all, no RAF groundcrew at all.

I get limited time slots in life, currently I have the chance to work on them and have that part done for us, if only I had access. I have 30yrs of data, know all the correct appearances needed. Just wish to apply it.

Is there no way I can get at the skins and fix them even for myself., sooner rather than later. I wish to correct these, and if its a question of redoing the artwork I can do so for us, I did redo most of the skins for Rowan BoB by the way. I will willingly make them available to all, for testing.

How did CheckMySix get at the Ju88 for example if they are all invisible to us.
I just want to alter the colours . Any mods to the 3D files can be done by those familiar with such, though I do work with Rhino3D but thats too mesh intensive for a sim.

Could someone uncode them and PM them to me ? Let me get started on them ?

I also want to add the missing platforms to the CH towers, also get their shape right. an important element in the real BoB, crucial in fact.
I want to fix the E pens, have them looking real, and correct, again a key element of airfields.

BOBC

BOO
Jul-03-2017, 17:22
You have the templates (thanks for the work in producing and publishing them Keefy) for CMS.

Have a good look at them. They are all you need an layered for your convenience. . Once you've altered them as you wish, export them into the empty skin folders in your 1C softclub/IL2 Sturmovik CLOD-MOD root in your documents. Then you can use them in the game.

As for the rest - if you have the skills to do 3D modelling, you should approach Team Fusion. This isn't going to happen from the outside at this point in time.

BOBC
Jul-05-2017, 18:08
You have the templates (thanks for the work in producing and publishing them Keefy) for CMS.

Have a good look at them. They are all you need an layered for your convenience. . Once you've altered them as you wish, export them into the empty skin folders in your 1C softclub/IL2 Sturmovik CLOD-MOD root in your documents. Then you can use them in the game.

As for the rest - if you have the skills to do 3D modelling, you should approach Team Fusion. This isn't going to happen from the outside at this point in time.

Hi, many thanks.
I have in the past downloaded the a/c templates, mighty useful and I have thanked CheckMySix in PMs etc, and I am currently working on Me109 and Ju88 accurate rlm colours using merrick 1938 chart captured correctly to AdobeRGB in sunlight, though sim colour engine is not easy. Made some lucky moves on Ju88 yesterday and its looking far better. Wish though I could influence the aggressive weathering layer the sim applies.

I have in the past contacted TF but nothing came about.

Will try yet again, who do I PM please ? With my vast BoB database of 30yrs it is wasted whilst I try and fix the errors for myself. Struggling with files I cant find etc. All skins folders empty, so very odd.

BOBC