PDA

View Full Version : A treat from ATAG and a request to the community

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-14-2012, 22:26
Thanks to Colander programming and Keller's skin work we have now this little utility to enable the historical markings (hakenkreuz) on the German planes.
This is a client side change and will only be visible by who ever enables them. In other words, this is completely independent of any online server and will also work fine offline/SP.

Download it here: http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/utils/EnableHistoricalMarkings.7z

To use it just open the program, select "Enable" and close the program. The changes are permanent until you run it again and select "Disable" (or verify the integrity of the game through Steam).

Should be fairly self explanatory once ran ;)

And before anyone asks, this in no way, shape, or form will get you banned from steam (even if VAC worked).

__________________________________________________ _______________

And to the request:

We are looking for modders of any type (programming/code, 3d design, textures, clouds, cockpits, airframe, you name it)

If you are interested in helping us fix some problems that the development team were not able to get to please send me a PM. Work has been under way for some time, but it is slow moving with only a small amount of dedicated individuals.

Thanks,
Bliss

Koala63
Dec-15-2012, 04:47
Thank you ATAG. Cheers to you all and absolutely the best of luck with modding this baby into what it could have been. S!

Stirwenn
Dec-15-2012, 04:59
Thx !!!!!!!!!

Roblex
Dec-15-2012, 06:09
Thank you. Without ATAG I would have got bored of ClOD a long time ago and it is the only thing giving me any hope that ClOD still has a future.

Curious; What parts of ClOD are you actually able to change now? I thought that 1Cs parting comments were basically saying 'We might not be supporting ClOD any more but it all still belongs to us so you cant alter anything.'

I am hoping that we can at least fix existing map problems and add objects and brand new maps. The bad spelling of 'Croydon' is an irritating but harmless bug but I would love to see Chatham Dockyard and St Pauls & Canterbury Cathedrals added (Canterbury especially as it can be a bugger to find the field; while you are at it, add the circular medieval city walls :-P)

I have some nice wartime aerial photographs of Chatham Dockyard showing the layout and how it covers that whole loop North of Rochester & Chatham that is currently portrayed as a swamp.

Archie
Dec-15-2012, 06:31
Well CoD was always going to be open to modding. The future is not as bleak as it was a couple of days ago.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-15-2012, 06:32
Thank you. Without ATAG I would have got bored of ClOD a long time ago and it is the only thing giving me any hope that ClOD still has a future.

Curious; What parts of ClOD are you actually able to change now? I thought that 1Cs parting comments were basically saying 'We might not be supporting ClOD any more but it all still belongs to us so you cant alter anything.'

I am hoping that we can at least fix existing map problems and add objects and brand new maps. The bad spelling of 'Croydon' is an irritating but harmless bug but I would love to see Chatham Dockyard and St Pauls & Canterbury Cathedrals added (Canterbury especially as it can be a bugger to find the field; while you are at it, add the circular medieval city walls :-P)

I have some nice wartime aerial photographs of Chatham Dockyard showing the layout and how it covers that whole loop North of Rochester & Chatham that is currently portrayed as a swamp.

I can't really promise anything. I am simply getting all the pieces into place for this to all happen. This really needs to be a community effort with the amount of work that is involved.

But I will throw you a bone on the 1st thing on the agenda (that is being worked on now) How about flight models that are historical? How about being at 30000 feet in your spitfire? (high altitude bug squashed) That is the 1st line of tasks. And I realize even talking about the FMs are a great way to get into a heated debate. There is always bias from both sides. I can just tell you this. Our entire agenda is making the FMs 100% historically accurate based on the best data we have. That is for both sides. There will be not one iota of bias in what we do. But realize, this will not happen over night. It may not happen in 6 months. But that's what's going on in the actual work department right now.

This is very early days, and at this time (for the rest of the modders we are assembling) it hasn't even started yet. I literally posted less than 5 hours ago. Again, I know we can't make any promises for anything, but I can tell you we have one of the best programmers on the planet. If you could only see the tools he's created to work with this sim, let alone getting into the code you would be blown away. I know we all are here. And judging by what I have received in PMs thus far, the entire Russian modding community (who is also deeply saddened over the new news) wants to merge into one. Things are looking good from the initial end of it.

Just know that we realize just how much potential there is in this sim. It's mind boggling what was put into it. To let it go to waste is simply not acceptable to a WWII flight simmer IMO.

Hopefully that should wet your appetite a bit. (no promises though :D)

ATAG_Naz
Dec-15-2012, 07:17
Wow, this all sounds great Bliss. My sincerest thanks and best wishes to all of you involved. I wish I wasn't a complete muppet when it comes to computers so I could offer to help. Alas I am so I can't! :)

Seriously good luck guys, looking forward to what may be achieved :salute:

Long live Cliffs and ATAG!

vranac
Dec-15-2012, 07:43
I can't really promise anything.
This is very early days, and at this time (for the rest of the modders we are assembling) it hasn't even started yet. I literally posted less than 5 hours ago. Again, I know we can't make any promises for anything, but I can tell you we have one of the best programmers on the planet. If you could only see the tools he's created to work with this sim, let alone getting into the code you would be blown away. I know we all are here. And judging by what I have received in PMs thus far, the entire Russian modding community (who is also deeply saddened over the new news) wants to merge into one. Things are looking good from the initial end of it.

Just know that we realize just how much potential there is in this sim. It's mind boggling what was put into it.
To let it go to waste is simply not acceptable to a WWII flight simmer IMO.

Hopefully that should wet your appetite a bit. (no promises though :D)

Great news :thumbsup:

Meusli
Dec-15-2012, 07:48
I am as excited as a little girl here, I really hope you guys can pull this off. Unfortunately I am no modder or programmer so I can't help with that, but I make a mean cup of tea if that helps. :)

Roblex
Dec-15-2012, 08:53
I would love to help and used to be a vastly overpaid c++ programmer but I am very rusty and have no idea of what is behind ClOD :-(

I could love to look into building map objects. Can anyone suggest a good resource to show me how to build things for ClOD?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Dec-15-2012, 10:46
Could this kind of thing be used to skin all enemy aircraft so they are bright pink?

Cat is out of the bag now... but just wondering if this kind of tool can be used by people to exploit...

ATAG_Colander
Dec-15-2012, 11:22
Could this kind of thing be used to skin all enemy aircraft so they are bright pink?

Cat is out of the bag now... but just wondering if this kind of tool can be used by people to exploit...

Glass half empty?

310_cibule
Dec-15-2012, 11:27
Thx a lot for the fantastic utility. Any improvement of CoD is vastly welcome. The game would have been lost without ATAG and the guys around and it would have been pitty.

P.S. I know nothing about programming. Some projects may require money though. I will be happy to donate if people from the ATAG organize a collection.

Catseye
Dec-15-2012, 14:20
ATAG is in a unique position to centralize the modding process for COD.

Having seen what happened to IL2 with the different modding communities, I'm pleased to see an early effort in reaching out to the Russian community. Organization will be very important here and I think that ATAG, from the get-go has been the group that has kept COD alive.

I will support this any way I can.

Good-on-ya!!

Tvrdi
Dec-15-2012, 16:53
Great news.
@Bliss - is it too early to ask if the modding team will be capable of dealing with collision model for trees (thers no collision model right now)?

Ohms
Dec-15-2012, 17:11
Thx Guys:thumbsup:

Hot_Pursuit
Dec-15-2012, 17:16
Thanks to Colander programming and Keller's skin work we have now this little utility to enable the historical markings (hakenkreuz) on the German planes.

Bliss

Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing to improve CoD.

For me this utility works for all German planes except:

Bf 109E-3 & 109 E-3B

Can you confirm this?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-15-2012, 17:19
Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing to improve CoD.

For me this utility works for all German planes except:

Bf 109E-3 & 109 E-3B
BF 110C-7
He 111H-2

Can you confirm this?

Strange, should work on all (as long as they are not static planes)

56RAF_klem
Dec-15-2012, 18:02
Sounds like a great idea not letting this go to waste.

I guess we will have to hear what 1C say about it if it is to have a chance of success but I can't help thinking there'll be something in their 777 collaboration contract.

The most I ever did was build a Tangmere airfield and a few objects in ADE for FSX and managed to get a FM reasonably close for the EE Lightning before someone more capable overtook me. If there's anything I can contribute I'd be pleased to try although like everyone else my time is a bit limited. If you can clear it legally I'd even contribute the cost of a game or two.

Hot_Pursuit
Dec-15-2012, 18:08
Colander I've only tested offline (single and quick missions) and for me it now works on all german planes except the 109E-3's for some reason.

I'll let you know if I find the problem.

II./JG1_Baron
Dec-15-2012, 18:18
Amazing. :ilike:This is very good news. :salute: :flying:

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Dec-15-2012, 18:57
Bravo, nicely done. :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Vertigo
Dec-17-2012, 12:55
IL2 will never die!!

:D

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-17-2012, 13:00
IL2 will never die!!

:D

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

Despite what's being said on some other forums, news of CLOD's demise have been greatly exaggerated! :D

(with apologies to Mark Twain)

:)

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-17-2012, 13:32
Thanks to all involved with this , this is way better then to kill it ! the way 1c did, to me very stupid !! pstyle there will always be guys that go an find or make cheats , thats how they play, But i know Bliss an the guys are not going down that road, from what i have heard an read they will be trying to fix an repair stuff that is already in the code. making what we have , better . Lets be honest about this game , lack of content an many broken things (to many things) i've been around when game was new = it was amazing in looks an effects , with patch after patch slowly killing the looks an game . it would be nice to see the game the way it came out , minus the exe crashes , planes were better looks were great , To me a modder trys to make what we have , better for all. a hack is only interested in the advantage it gives him an a few of his buds . i'm all in for what Bliss an the boys are up to , :thumbsup:

ATAG_Headshot
Dec-17-2012, 14:24
While I don't have any coding or modding know how I would be more then happy to try make a few advertising style movies as things progress. On that note I almost have time to get flying again too!

Kodoss
Dec-18-2012, 13:07
I would like to upload a corrected plane.txt (27KB).

This solves a bug in the german version: the "Bf 109 E-4" would be no longer "Bf 109 E-4/b" in the selection menu.
Also renamed/corrected the "G.50" to "G.50 bis"
corrected "Bf 109 E-4 B" to "Bf 109 E-4/B", same for "Bf 109 E-3/B" and "Bf 109 E-7/B" (looks like they gave up on this one)

But as I see it we need a structure for patching/modding the game or it will really end up like 1946 with X mods.

Mission_bug
Jan-06-2013, 16:30
Thank you very much Bliss for providing the link to the enabler, not tried all aircraft but it seems to be working.:thumbsup:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Mission_bug/Markings.jpg

Sorry to say it took me a few downloads before I actually figured out how to extract it properly.:doh:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:)

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-06-2013, 17:50
Hey Pete - glad you got it sorted.

That tool can also be used online without worry :)