PDA

View Full Version : Chunks of polystyrene bouncing about during bombing ?

BOBC
Jul-20-2017, 18:35
Hi,
what is all the white stuff bouncing about like chunks of rubber, as Hawkinge gets bombed ? Also looks like large scrunched up wads of paper, floating around.
Sizeable pieces of white and grey blocks rolling around, though its rolling in the opposite direction to its travel ! and it rolls for many seconds.
I think this is supposed to be chalk perhaps but as these particles hit the deck they would embed more so than roll and bounce as much as they do.

It just doesnt look right at all though. the explosions ae brilliant but this stuff is spoiling it.

Can such parts of the effects be turned off ?

How do I post the trk video file here ?

Cheers

BOBC

Bonditaria
Jul-20-2017, 20:32
I think it's chunks of chalk rock, but anyway it's all going to change in TFS Patch 4.5 including

EFFECTS: (Nearly all “particle effects” have been reworked, below are some)

- Engine damage smokes

- Exhaust flames

- Oil leaks

- Dust/Dirt

- Muzzle flashes

- Shell casings

- Weapon smoke

- Projectile impacts on all surfaces

- Tracer effects

- De Wilde impact flashes

- Bomb/Artillery explosions

- Vehicle explosions

- Flak effects

- Fuel fires

- Fuel explosions

- Aircraft crash explosions/fires

- Environmental smoke

- Chimney smoke

- Ship wakes

so that'll be fun!

:thumbsup:

BOBC
Jul-21-2017, 15:56
Hi,

Sounds great, cant wait ! One realises how much work is going on behind the scenes with a list like that !

Meanwhile is there any chance of turning off that polystyrene at all, in the tick boxes ?

TF5 is a long way off yet , especially with that list ! ...so I wish to not see that some other way and capture a realistic video and stills.

Cheers

BOBC

Mysticpuma
Jul-21-2017, 18:01
There isn't a way to turn off the polystyrene white blobs by untiring/ticking boxes. The effect is annoying and it has been fixed by the effects guys already (for, as I understand it, v4.5)

Cheers, MP

BOBC
Jul-21-2017, 18:31
There isn't a way to turn off the polystyrene white blobs by untiring/ticking boxes. The effect is annoying and it has been fixed by the effects guys already (for, as I understand it, v4.5)

Cheers, MP

Ooooh I wants wants wants.... TF4.5 :jump:

If done, just wish,...can we not have TF4.5a then TF4.5b etc, get hold of the parts that have been fixed as they get fixed ?

- Shell casings
dont tell me....we can read the date on the end of the casing :faint:

BOBC

1lokos
Aug-17-2017, 00:26
Caution with those things, they can kill you - 0:18s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlhWHJgXAN0