PDA

View Full Version : Please can we get rid of the AAA on the Gatwick course

BOO
Jul-27-2017, 17:18
Hi

As the title says. Please?

Its really irritating and needless on a race curcut and save for grabbing something from Redhill and killing it first, is an ever present menace that just gets in the way of anyone wanting to use the course. Its especially problematic in slow flying Tiger Moths.

Please - enough with the dakka dak.

Thanks

BOO

ATAG_Freya
Jul-29-2017, 17:22
Gimme a week or so...since you said please. If you're really polite I can make some other changes to the track too if wanted. I'll just have to get the file from Pan cause I'm not sure if I have a up to date copy anymore.

Dakka dak!
:salute:

PanTast
Jul-29-2017, 18:01
Files sent to Freya :thumbsup:

BOO
Jul-30-2017, 03:42
Thanks Freya

I really like the course as it is. I think its the perfect mix of challenges and the gate positions match so well with the SU26 performance that you don't have to be overly concerned with settings and can get on with flying it. No, to me its perfect. Even the Dakka dak is easy to get rid of quickly with a hurri or spit from red hill (I just keep forgetting).

Perhaps one ask (if its possible) is to make the mission from the server available off line so those of us who race can do so without having to rely on S2 being available. That would be great.

Thanks Again Freya!

Regards

BOO

ATAG_Dave
Jul-30-2017, 04:29
If you're really polite I can make some other changes to the track too if wanted. I'll just have to get the file from Pan cause I'm not sure if I have a up to date copy anymore.

Dakka dak!

Pretty please with knobs on :D - the only change the course would benefit from IMO is that the spawn points not be laid out behind each other on the run way but rather side by side spread across the field - this was talked about ages ago and maybe its already been fixed as i havnt flown in a while? but it would make race evenings when there are several of us much better at the start.

S!

PanTast
Jul-30-2017, 06:14
Boo: server2 should always be available. If it is not running feel free to drop me a note and I will restart it.

o7

BOO
Jul-30-2017, 09:52
Good idea Dave

Thanks Pan

Bondis pointed out the problem with sharing mission files that make ATAG unique and I agree with him. Please disregard request to share the mission.

Cheers

BOO

BOO
Jul-30-2017, 10:11
The other "uh-ho" on the horizon are collidable trees. If that's gonna a fixed game feature (as its right to be) it will affect the course dramatically. I dunno if there is an ability to remove trees in the FMB but I'm guessing not.

ATAG_Freya
Jul-30-2017, 10:31
The other "uh-ho" on the horizon are collidable trees. If that's gonna a fixed game feature (as its right to be) it will affect the course dramatically. I dunno if there is an ability to remove trees in the FMB but I'm guessing not.

That's gonna require a whole new track, I'm afraid! We better use Gatwick now before its gone forever. You can remind racers to turn trees off before the event for now though. I know I always forget, and thats totally the reason I always crash before finishing. (ha, yeah right) :D

I'll see what I can do about a new start pattern too.

BOO
Jul-30-2017, 10:38
I also going to remind my fellow competitors to turn off the trees AFTER 4.5 too... :devilish:

PanTast
Jul-30-2017, 11:41
we can stick poles into some of the trees. Or these tall lamps. :D

o7

ATAG_Freya
Jul-31-2017, 01:22
Changes made and I'll send it to Pan within 24hrs.

I put 8 side by side for the start, with 5 spots in a second row, if needed. If everyone spawns in an orderly fashion it should go smoothly. Once on server 2, will need some test pilots because I had to change the last few gates of the course to make room for the new start. Should be OK though, nothing major was changed, just kinda shifted them over a bit, just need to make sure the gates are still flyable/readable.

The flak gun was removed - could only find 1. Red flak positions are still there, for spectators spots (3-4?). Once live, lemme know how it goes...remember to turn trees off! (user preference)

~S~

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-31-2017, 03:26
You da man, Frey! :salute:

BOO
Jul-31-2017, 03:48
Thanks Freya - ill fly it tonight

Yu da Man!

ATAG_Dave
Jul-31-2017, 09:47

I put 8 side by side for the start, with 5 spots in a second row, if needed. If everyone spawns in an orderly fashion it should go smoothly. Once on server 2, will need some test pilots because I had to change the last few gates of the course to make room for the new start. Should be OK though, nothing major was changed, just kinda shifted them over a bit, just need to make sure the gates are still flyable/readable.

The flak gun was removed - could only find 1. Red flak positions are still there, for spectators spots (3-4?). Once live, lemme know how it goes...remember to turn trees off! (user preference)

~S~

Nice one Freya :thumbsup: Im away for a few days and havnt flown for 7 months but Ill give this a go once i get back - will be good to fly the course again, or at least crash into various elements of it :)

BOO
Jul-31-2017, 11:02
Be great to hear and see you back now and then Dave (preferably when the "now" coincides with the "then" of the moment that Im flying on the same side)

BOO
Jul-31-2017, 11:49
Still looks like the original course on at the moment (AAA at the start of the second tower bridges) but ill keep looking in.

PanTast
Jul-31-2017, 13:37
New version is life.

May the testing begin ...

o7

BOO
Aug-01-2017, 10:04
Course is great Freya! - Thanks!!

ATAG_Dave
Aug-04-2017, 12:51

~S~

Just tried it out Freya - Nice job :thumbsup: Very neat how you have re configured the start and (near to the) finish areas. Think the course is a couple of seconds quicker than the previous version

BOO
Aug-04-2017, 13:04
Just tried it our Freya - Nice job :thumbsup: Very neat how you have re configured the start and (near to the) finish areas. Think the course is a couple of seconds quicker than the previous version

Speak for yourself! :-)