PDA

View Full Version : TFS Update 07/29/2017: FPS with mirror and tree collisions

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jul-29-2017, 11:21
We wanted to release a video to you all showing the FPS counter on when showing the mirror and tree collisions, two new features we will have for TFS 4.5.

I'll be asking other members to get similar video to show different computer specs but for this one, the computer specs are below. In game options are all set to max with buildings being set to high.

Testing computer specs: (Bottleneck on this machine is the 5 year old CPU)

Vizio HDTV 1080 w/ 60hz refresh rate.
Windows 10
Intel Core I7-3820 3.6 GHZ 10M LGA
24 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti w/384.94 drivers
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD

As you will see in the video, the mirror and tree collisions are not hitting the FPS as one might think. This is still in internal alpha testing, so we hope to make things even better and optimized where possible but even as is things are looking awesome. Other elements are also being tested at the same time, such as new landscape textures and hedges. We are aware of the reflections on the aircraft, and everything is being tweaked at this stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xonmZ1hHEFc

Maru
Jul-29-2017, 11:44
Wow, I really love how the new Clod looks like, the textures.. just wow, thank you for sharing your achievements! well done.

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-29-2017, 11:56
Amazing! Didn't look like much of a hit at all.Also didn't see any studders turning it off and on. Ground textures look awesome, and great work on the tree collisions Colander. I cant wait! Thanks for sharing SM :thumbsup:

Cassius
Jul-29-2017, 12:16
Nice answer! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-29-2017, 12:17
Hehehe....I very excite!

Yo da men!

SD_MBen
Jul-29-2017, 14:13
A great post and vid!
I really like this load screen!
Ben

II/JG77_RC
Jul-29-2017, 15:10
Am I seeing this correctly . . . . .

Does this also mean the end of "The Jaggies" on the horizon we have had to put up with when flying low over the CLOD landscape for so long ?

Screamadelica
Aug-03-2017, 03:50
Am I seeing this correctly . . . . .

Does this also mean the end of "The Jaggies" on the horizon we have had to put up with when flying low over the CLOD landscape for so long ?

I think it does.
Break out the lager for a celebration when the patch comes out! :thumbsup: