PDA

View Full Version : Custom skins??

IIJG27Rich
Aug-12-2017, 16:21
I've noticed that there aren't too many custom skins for the 109s ...or are there and I'm just not finding them. I'm thinking about buying DCS but I'm a big fan of detail as far as the Jagdeschwaders and I think it would be great to see more 109 skins out there or as I said before are there lots out there already and I'm not finding them..Thanks:salute:

KeefyBoy
Aug-13-2017, 15:42
I've noticed that there aren't too many custom skins for the 109s ...or are there and I'm just not finding them. I'm thinking about buying DCS but I'm a big fan of detail as far as the Jagdeschwaders and I think it would be great to see more 109 skins out there or as I said before are there lots out there already and I'm not finding them..Thanks:salute:

Hi IIJG27Rich
Here is a link to the User Files where the custom skins are uploaded
hope this helps Buddy
Regards
Keith

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=6&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=149&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

BOO
Aug-14-2017, 03:29
Have a look for Porco Rosso's normal maps too. They add a lot off "nice" to the view from the pit. If his skins work in 2.1 they are amongst the best for an eye for detail.

Just remember that skins pre dating the Normandy Map (May 2017?) may not look right with new shaders - usually its clear if the skin has been updated in the title.

If you fancy doing your own, have a look over on the BOS forums at Detcord 12b's thread - hes based a lot of his 109 kins on late war defence of the Reich aircraft. Whilst the skins wont fit on the DCS model they will give you some inspiration and act as a good reference. Just credit their use a reference if you publish them.

Regards

BOO

IIJG27Rich
Aug-17-2017, 20:30
That's great guys. Thanks very much:salute:

BOO
Aug-18-2017, 02:32
There's a lot of nice stuff you can do to personalise the cockpits as well in some aircraft - dial markings, pictures, graffiti etc - I tended not to bother after a bit though as updates tend to affect whether or not the user changes work any longer. Still worth having a play though for the final stable release..
F

or instance this is a pic that Gr00ve put up about deflection turned it into a pic that sits on the rear face of the REVI with a bit of added tape (a little rough as ive just quickly cut it from the original flattened image)...