PDA

View Full Version : STEAM version...

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-13-2017, 12:10
Just a question from me...

I have toyed with the idea of doing a re-install of CLOD as I have played around with files and such over the years and thought it might be a good idea to re-install with a clean version from STEAM of the sim with the patches already in there...

Do I gain anything from re-installing again with the new STEAM version of CLOD?...I know that there are some menu screenshots that I don't have at the moment which would be fun to see...but other than that is it a good idea for me to re-install it or 'verify the game cache'...Haven't done either for a long time...

...Lew...

BOO
Aug-13-2017, 13:07
You could:

Copy your existing version wholesale into a brand new folder on whatever drive you want. Call that folder "BOO is BRILLIANT" - its very important to call it this.......(or you can call it OLD CLOD)

Then - copy your existing 1c softclub folder into another new folder called "Hmm I liked it the way I had it" or to the desktop so its safe.

Or you could:

Copy the conf, confuser, user and and control set files (plus paintschemes if you have custom skins) from the my documents/1cSoftclub/IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover -MOD

Conf has the option settings for graphics and sound plus mouse speed and other bits

Confuser has the current set of aircraft controls selected plus stuff like the extended clouds and the zoom speed

User is your ammo - you may also have a folder called "Belts" is you use the loadout tool.

Saving these will save you time resetting controllers and other stuff - you can copy and paste sections into the new stuff bit by bit also.

NOW you can either:

uninstall Clod from steam. Then clean up any remaining folders relating to Clod in the steam steamapps/common.

Then reinstall - now you can always go back if you realise all you did way worth it by just swapping out the original folders for the new.

OR (if there is basically nothing wrong with the game)

Verify the integrity

OR - just uninstall and reinstall and follow this guide to reset everything, its really good https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711) :-)

Hope this helps

REMEMBER "Boo is Brilliant" - very important.

Whats really important though is that whatever you decide its probably better to keep the stuff you settle on in the streamapps root. That way 4.5 and 5.0 if run through steam will find the right target.

Regards

BOO

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-13-2017, 13:30
Haha...thanks BOO...

Very comprehensive answer to my question...

But what will I gain apart from the new menu screenshots (which I really want)?

Thanks buddy...~S~

Kendy for the State
Aug-13-2017, 14:26
Haha...thanks BOO...

Very comprehensive answer to my question...

Thanks buddy...~S~I just did this the other day and it went smooth as silk. Updated splash screens look very nice too, though I agree with others that the menus are harder to read with these new graphics.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BOO
Aug-13-2017, 15:18

https://youtu.be/dpWmlRNfLck?t=17s

Flyingblind
Aug-14-2017, 07:36
I would just wait for 4.5. It'll be out in a couple of days. :thumbsup: