PDA

View Full Version : More vibrant colour in STEAM version?

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-18-2017, 15:29
Hi folks...

I have just done a complete re-install of CLOD on my PC...Just a spring clean really...Got it running well after a few usual tweaks which I expected...So all good...and loving the new screenshots in there too by the way...

Just a question...The colours in the version that is now available from STEAM seem to be more vibrant...the game looks lovely...I just wondered if that version has been tweaked?...It could have just been my old setup as I had been playing around with REShade and stuff and not sure if I uninstalled it properly...and obviously I haven't been able to see each version side by side...so may just be my dodgey eyesight...

...Lew...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-18-2017, 16:55
Not as far as I know. :D

ATAG_Colander
Aug-18-2017, 17:11
So you finally switched on your monitor? No wonder you had problems spotting contacts before :)

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-18-2017, 18:45
Yeah...I realised that now...Flying in the server is exactly the same...My bad!

@Col...What monitor?...I use a 7" tablet!....:)

9./JG52_Meyer
Aug-19-2017, 03:47
Hi mate i spent a long time arsing about with reshade and my tv settings 43inch screen. I got it looking spot on with nice colours and can spot contacts a good distance out.
The funny thing is a lot of people i know just have minimal reshade settings on whilst i experimented with mine and have a lot enabled at least 7 off the top of my head and i find it a lot better with more on. Each to their own i suppose. Just thought i would throw this out there . The best thing to do is spent some time looking at various settings on reshade on your screen it takes a while but is worth it in the end

Hals und beinbruch

9./JG52 Mindle
Aug-19-2017, 07:13
Make sure 'full' colour is enabled in your nvidia 'change resolution ' output dynamic range option. Deeper black and more vibrant colours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-19-2017, 11:49
Ok...I'll give Reshade another whirl...I only would like a slight vibrance and contrast tweak I think...and I seem to remember uninstalling it as I couldn't spot contacts...I may have encountered some crashes with it too (I can't remember)

@Mindy...I'll look into those setting too..That sounds like a better option as its not Reshade...

Thanks for the info bros...~S~

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-19-2017, 12:02
Haha...excellent....I just adjusted the vibrancy and contrast in my Nvidia Control panel...and it works great...Instantly...no downloading and installing Reshade...How come nobody told me this before...lol...took me 30 seconds..

I did have to go into 'Adjust desktop colour settings'...I didn't need to go into 'Change resolution'...the option was just below that...I can knock it back for anything else...:)

BOO
Aug-19-2017, 12:43
A little tweak on the digital vibrancy (like 1 or 2 notches) really brings Yellow noses out at a distance for me.

But having just found out my screen has backlighting after 6 years has made something of a different too!

TWC_SLAG
Aug-20-2017, 18:44
Make sure 'full' colour is enabled in your nvidia 'change resolution ' output dynamic range option. Deeper black and more vibrant colours.

The only option I see there is "Limited" color. How would I change it to "Full?

Thanks

9./JG52 Mindle
Aug-20-2017, 18:47
Check the button to allow nvidia card to manage colours then you can select the 'full' option

TWC_SLAG
Aug-20-2017, 18:50

Thanks

9./JG52 Mindle
Aug-20-2017, 18:52

Thanks

See above..

TWC_SLAG
Aug-20-2017, 19:11
Got it in "video color settings", rather than "change resolution".

priller26
Aug-21-2017, 03:16

This is a GREAT tip..thanks for sharing!

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-21-2017, 07:39
This is what I played with...Lots to tweak in there...and you can set it back when not ingame...I had problems with ReShade crashing as I had other programs all working at the same time (ie. MacroGamer, OBS, TeamSpeak)...Something was crashing my game or a conflict somewhere was do it it...This way there's no conflicts...I don't know why I never thought of this before...

I had never bothered to go into Nvidia settings for this....the only problem is that it obviously won't show in your videos for other folks...

http://i.imgur.com/JR91kgC.jpg

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-21-2017, 09:20
Thanks for sharing Lew.

Nearly exactly the same as I had mine set to. :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-21-2017, 09:34
I wasn't sharing that screenshot to show my settings as such...They will be different for different PC's and monitors anyway....Just was to show the actual page of the Nvidia Control Panel as some folks aren't finding it...:)

I think I've now found a setting that works for my desktop and vids AND CLOD so I don't have to tweak anything now...