PDA

View Full Version : TFS Update 23-08-2017 - Video footage of v4.5 work in Progress French Landscape

Mysticpuma
Aug-23-2017, 08:27
Had a few minutes today to put a small clip together showing the landscape (and a couple of other features).

Here's the video, cheers, Mysticpuma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJJoVCgZqqs&feature=youtu.be

MightyBouff
Aug-23-2017, 08:33
Looks really nice, especially the clouds rolling over and the damaged parts falling off the poor wellington!

ATAG_((dB))
Aug-23-2017, 08:33
I love the parts that fly off and the colors.

Thanks guys

rel4y
Aug-23-2017, 08:37
Yayyy 64 bit launcher! Love you guys! :)

BlueBirdX
Aug-23-2017, 08:45
Excuse me please, maybe someone else already asked : is there a donation link for TF?
Thank you

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-23-2017, 09:10
Lovely little video to follow up the screenshots from the other day MP. Thank you.

Have to agree with ((dB)), the colours are gorgeous.

@BlueBirdX. I don't know of any way to donate to TFS other than showing appreciation for all the phenomenal work and effort the team have put into making this sim what it is and what it will be in the future.

You can donate, if you so wish, to ATAG so that the servers/TS setup we all use and enjoy continue to be available. Your choice. :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

Ekko
Aug-23-2017, 09:26
:thumbsup:

Thank you gents.

Look´s like the real thing :)

BOO
Aug-23-2017, 09:53
64 Bit :-)

Dx11 :-)

New Shaders :-)

Beautiful Colours :-)

MP back :-)

Maru
Aug-23-2017, 10:08
64xbit? so does that mean we have been using "32 bits" for now?

Will that increase our fps?

Woop
Aug-23-2017, 10:23
Looking very sexy indeed. Please send nudes to my personal inbox. You know the one. ;) ;)

:-)

BOO
Aug-23-2017, 10:35
@BlueBirdX. I don't know of any way to donate to TFS other than showing appreciation for all the phenomenal work and effort the team have put into making this sim what it is and what it will be in the future.

You can donate, if you so wish, to ATAG so that the servers/TS setup we all use and enjoy continue to be available. Your choice. :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

You can also bid on this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112534506097 to help at least one member of TF who we all appreciate. I would but my slim finances were used up on the Air Race prizes and usual ATAG donations this month :-(

Mysticpuma
Aug-23-2017, 10:37
64xbit? so does that mean we have been using "32 bits" for now?

Will that increase our fps?

Hard to say at the moment as it's a bit of a Yin and Yang situation. During my testing I have noticed that I get '0' stutters anymore, everything is smooth. Also though you have to take into account that you will now have e fully working mirrors, new effects, better landscape, etc, etc. Now we are testing features and optimisating as much as we can but there is a likleyhood that eye candy will lose you a few frames.....but it does look great :)

So it will be down to individuals to set the best set-up they can for their system. Reality has to set in at some point and 5-years have passed since CloD was abandoned so hardware has significantly improved. TFS intend to make CloD ask accessable as we can go everyone but if you want the maximum eye candy you have to have the hardware to support it.......but it can run on laptops so you pays your money you takes your choice :)

Just a heads up on my hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K Quad-core Skylake LGA-1151 (@Stock Speed 4.0Ghz)

Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE, Intel Z170, S 1151, DDR4, SATAe/SATA3 6Gb/s, M.2, PCIe 3.0, SLi/CrossFire, ac WiFi, ATX Motherboard

Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz

HD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

Graphics Card: Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC Edition

I am running everything maxed out at 1080p except buildings which are set to High rather unlimited. With V-Sync off and new effects, landscape tiles, reticles, audio effects, airfield effects, map fixes (all of which are still being streamlined) I get: Maximum. 203-fps, Minimum 70-fps, Average 131-fps.

Running it at 4K pushed it to the limit and I get: Maximum 195, Minimum 29 and Average 43. These results are from the "Bomber Intercept - London" Single Player Mission with Extended Clouds on :)

Hope that helps? Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
Aug-23-2017, 10:39
Excuse me please, maybe someone else already asked : is there a donation link for TF?
Thank you

Yes, it will become visible when we release our first paid for update and you can buy as many copies as you want :thumbsup:

=AN=Lobo
Aug-23-2017, 11:49
64 bits = less streaming?

Good work! Nice effects too!

Maru
Aug-23-2017, 11:54
Yup, that helped me to know that I should upgrade my pc soon.. :D

If you need few more testers with medium end pc I can be your laboratory rabbit :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-23-2017, 12:27
Amazing footage MP.. looks beautiful! Wish all those parts flying off could cause damage! I'm hoping with better Ai..and human gunners, those rear guns will be put to better use..Haha I know it's for demonstrative purposes only. S! Keep up the great work, and thanks for putting out these updates for us! Especially the unexpected ones ;)

Mysticpuma
Aug-23-2017, 13:50
Amazing footage MP.. looks beautiful! Wish all those parts flying off could cause damage! I'm hoping with better Ai..and human gunners, those rear guns will be put to better use..Haha I know it's for demonstrative purposes only. S! Keep up the great work, and thanks for putting out these updates for us! Especially the unexpected ones ;)

I lost 4 Aircraft taking on the Wellington's just to create that clip....the gunners weren't taking many prisoners :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-23-2017, 15:41

Right now a mission builder can set the gunners on AI flown aircraft to whatever level he wants.

AI gunners on human flown planes however cannot be adjusted and are set to an generally ineffective level of accuracy.

We are changing that for TF 4.5... the gunners will be set to Veteran level. So if you are flying an bomber online your AI rear gunners will be more effective.

DUI
Aug-23-2017, 16:01
Nice, great news! This will encourage and reward formation flying.

IIJG27Rich
Aug-23-2017, 18:04
Looks wonderful MP :thumbsup: :salute:

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Aug-23-2017, 18:47
Those visual effects are simply stunning...
Fantastic work as always Team Fusion - keep it up! :bravo:

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-24-2017, 04:39
Looks great .. now we need a Fall of France Patch ...:)

Spindinio
Aug-24-2017, 05:24
Right now a mission builder can set the gunners on AI flown aircraft to whatever level he wants.

AI gunners on human flown planes however cannot be adjusted and are set to an generally ineffective level of accuracy.

We are changing that for TF 4.5... the gunners will be set to Veteran level. So if you are flying an bomber online your AI rear gunners will be more effective.

Hi, yes this is true however this is a very time consuming practice because the default ui in the FMB isn't an ideal user experience but hopefully in a future release this can be improved.
Could you please clarify if anything will have changed in the AI behaviour/logic beyond a default of veteran gunner for human flown bombers? I refer to the problem of AI bomber air gunners being mostly useless at all skill levels except for the Do17 nose gunner and He111 waist gunners, who are extremely powerful even on rookie. I believe that the problem is described in the bug tracker here http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/602 and somewhere there lurks a video demonstrating the issue.
Thanks if you are able to respond.

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-24-2017, 06:13
Hi, yes this is true however this is a very time consuming practice because the default ui in the FMB isn't an ideal user experience but hopefully in a future release this can be improved.
Could you please clarify if anything will have changed in the AI behaviour/logic beyond a default of veteran gunner for human flown bombers? I refer to the problem of AI bomber air gunners being mostly useless at all skill levels except for the Do17 nose gunner and He111 waist gunners, who are extremely powerful even on rookie. I believe that the problem is described in the bug tracker here http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/602 and somewhere there lurks a video demonstrating the issue.

From my experience with Defiant AI gunners, ACE is deadly at any range, the rest are brain dead, mostly shooting into space. Not very realistic at all.

This is what I believe should happen;

ACE - Only fires at short/mid range, 1 seconds to accurate lead, short bursts.
VETERAN - Only fires at short/mid range, 3 seconds to accurate lead, short/medium bursts.
AVERAGE - Fires at any range, 5 seconds to accurate lead, med / long bursts.
NOVICE - Fires at any range, 7 seonds to accurate lead, med/long bursts, may (5%) bail out at first contact with enemy.

hh

Taxman
Aug-24-2017, 12:03
Thank you for the update. Looking great :)

Whizkid
Aug-24-2017, 18:48
Most impressive, guys!
What I first noticed was the cloud shadows on the ground and the realistic fogging as the cockpit entered the cloud proper. I've done a little flying and I was absolutely enthralled at the realism shown! You guys are amazing at this stuff!
Thank you so much.

ATAG_Ezzie
Aug-25-2017, 01:28

In the meantime one thing to maybe consider doing if you havent tried it already is to do your own gunnery. It takes a bit of practice to coord flying the aircraft while gunning from the gunners positions but after a while it becomes reasonably straight fwd especially if you have trimmed the aircraft and only do reasonably gentle manoevres while gunning to spoil their aim. And you can become quite accurate with practice.

Not a long term option for many i guess but worth giving it a go while this is being worked on - oh, its fun as well.....

Ezzie

Jeast
Aug-25-2017, 03:27
Stunning! Love the new shaders!

Spindinio
Aug-25-2017, 03:43
In the meantime one thing to maybe consider doing if you havent tried it already is to do your own gunnery. It takes a bit of practice to coord flying the aircraft while gunning from the gunners positions but after a while it becomes reasonably straight fwd especially if you have trimmed the aircraft and only do reasonably gentle manoevres while gunning to spoil their aim. And you can become quite accurate with practice.

Not a long term option for many i guess but worth giving it a go while this is being worked on - oh, its fun as well.....

Ezzie

Yeah I know what you mean but I'm referring to AI only bombers in this case.

DD_Crash
Aug-25-2017, 06:56
Looks stunning, the only way to top this would be Rift/Vive support.

MightyBouff
Aug-25-2017, 07:19
Looks stunning, the only way to top this would be Rift/Vive support.

I think they are hoping to put that into 5.0. By then I'd also hope that Gen2 headsets come out so we can get a bit higher resolution as well.

Topgum
Aug-25-2017, 13:09
Thank you MP for the update, great WIP, good news. I love the impact-fx at the Wellis. But will these debris and lost parts cause any damage on your own plane now when colliding? I am missing that a lot, actually it feels a little bit the same like flying through trees:-P.

keep on TF - salute

ATAG_Flare
Aug-25-2017, 13:27
Looks awesome! Those new gunsight effects look cool, and the oil trailing at 1:14 looks fantastic!

rel4y
Aug-25-2017, 15:36
Hey good TF people!

I remember to have read somewhere that you fixed the wind spinning the prop on the Spit. Does this fix also apply to aircraft sliding around on the ground at very low wind speeds?

S!

specialksl
Aug-25-2017, 16:23
Nice! When will it be available for download?

Kendy for the State
Aug-25-2017, 16:47
Nice! When will it be available for download?I think you can download the video any time.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-25-2017, 19:09
Nice! When will it be available for download?

A release date has not yet been announced by Team Fusion Simulations. A lot of testing and tweaking is going on behind the scenes right now. Hopefully the release won't be too long from now.

:salute:

Mysticpuma
Aug-25-2017, 19:50
Also when it is released it we automatically download from Steam. This will be out first official, non-metal release via Steam and that means it will automatically download if you have it installed in your Steam game library ;)

IIJG27Rich
Aug-25-2017, 20:04
Also when it is released it we automatically download from Steam. This will be out first official, non-metal release via Steam and that means it will automatically download if you have it installed in your Steam game library ;)

Even if it is the multi patched version of 4.312 done before it was available as a single download?

Mysticpuma
Aug-26-2017, 09:47
Even if it is the multi patched version of 4.312 done before it was available as a single download?

Ah, but you had to choose to opt into the beta. This won't be a beta and will automatically update your game whatever version you start from :)

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Aug-26-2017, 13:26

So pilots will have to be a little more creative than sitting on your direct 6? I like!:thumbsup:

IIJG27Rich
Aug-26-2017, 19:24
Ah, but you had to choose to opt into the beta. This won't be a beta and will automatically update your game whatever version you start from :)

Great! :salute:

J2_la00ecrivain
Sep-10-2017, 06:00
Awesome work on landscape looks stunning! But what I think needs some more work are those explosion on an impact on that welli. In my opinion, they are overdone. Also too much debris. The old effects I always admired when playing this simulation and thought " well that looks quite like a real thing" which couldn't be said for most of other simulations out there. SO it would be a shame to lose that realistic feel for gunfire and impact here in CLOD too just to pursue that "woooow" effect on the expense of it being realistic. Is there too much sugar added to this frapoooochino???? Everything else looks great, that oil leak especially :thumbsup:

BOO
Sep-10-2017, 09:02
Aint the mine shells supposed to explode on impact?

As in - its the shell and not the welli makin with the dakka dakka boom bangs...

J2_la00ecrivain
Sep-10-2017, 13:03
Did I say anywhere they are not supposed to explode on impact? I am not an native English speaker and off course wellington doesn't make explosions, shell do, but I guess you can interpret it how you did, missing the whole point of what I was trying to say...

ATAG_Highseas
Sep-10-2017, 13:11
Did I say anywhere they are not supposed to explode on impact? I am not an native English speaker and off course wellington doesn't make explosions, shell do, but I guess you can interpret it how you did, missing the whole point of what I was trying to say...

I really don't think the intent was to antagonise.

:salute:

BOO
Sep-10-2017, 13:28

As Seas said - It wasn't a dig. Apologies if you took it that way.

Gromit
Sep-10-2017, 15:50
Awesome work on landscape looks stunning! But what I think needs some more work are those explosion on an impact on that welli. In my opinion, they are overdone. Also too much debris. The old effects I always admired when playing this simulation and thought " well that looks quite like a real thing" which couldn't be said for most of other simulations out there. SO it would be a shame to lose that realistic feel for gunfire and impact here in CLOD too just to pursue that "woooow" effect on the expense of it being realistic. Is there too much sugar added to this frapoooochino???? Everything else looks great, that oil leak especially :thumbsup:

Have you seen the real thing then?

J2_la00ecrivain
Sep-10-2017, 16:58
Only on the guncams :-) but when discussing about things as this its always matter of personal taste. I am just saying that gun effect were always superb here in CLOD to me... Anyway great work TFS! It will be a joy to install fresh TF 4.5 after no flying for couple of months. Cant wait!:-)

BOO
Sep-10-2017, 18:11
If anyone aint seen the The Real Thing

Heres your chance....

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-real-thing

ATAG_Highseas
Sep-10-2017, 18:15
If anyone aint seen the The Real Thing

Heres your chance....

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-real-thing

Well would you believe it...

I'm busy on ALL those evenings.

:)

Hyperus
Sep-11-2017, 06:30
In my opinion there is too low amounts of sugar, i have so far only seen in guncams a "white cloud of "sugar" (smoke)" puffing up everytime a mine hits

Gromit
Sep-11-2017, 09:24
In my opinion there is too low amounts of sugar, i have so far only seen in guncams a "white cloud of "sugar" (smoke)" puffing up everytime a mine hits

what the hell are you firing?

Sherbet lemons?

=AN=Lobo
Sep-11-2017, 10:53
4.5 ETA? No more updates?

Hyperus
Sep-11-2017, 13:06
what the hell are you firing?

Sherbet lemons?

Yes yes ;), Na seriously. That while puff of smoke kinda looks very good, I'd kinda love to see those. BoS has overdone light brown clouds, ClOD looks good for 20mm but black? really? did they explode in black clouds?

Gromit
Sep-11-2017, 14:13
Yes yes ;), Na seriously. That while puff of smoke kinda looks very good, I'd kinda love to see those. BoS has overdone light brown clouds, ClOD looks good for 20mm but black? really? did they explode in black clouds?

it depends on the filler, different compositions burn with different colour smoke, I believe some earlier filler did produce black smoke?

BOO
Sep-11-2017, 15:47
A lot of the guncam footage ive looked at on You Advert is from late war/Defence of the Reich. I don't watch much as its horrible so its really a just a quick sample.

Interspersed with the 1944 footage it you do occasionally see darker puffs but in the main it does "look" lighter. But this is 3 or 4 years later than the BOB and compounds may well have altered as Gromit points out.

Personally I trust in those who research this game to get it right and nothing I see makes me go "uh?"

BOO

Kling
Sep-11-2017, 15:53
A lot of the guncam footage ive looked at on You Advert is from late war/Defence of the Reich. I don't watch much as its horrible so its really a just a quick sample.

Interspersed with the 1944 footage it you do occasionally see darker puffs but in the main it does "look" lighter. But this is 3 or 4 years later than the BOB and compounds may well have altered as Gromit points out.

Personally I trust in those who research this game to get it right and nothing I see makes me go "uh?"

BOO

Well TFS is here for you guys, if you find evidence of the proper early war "cannon hit smoke", we will change it accordingly ;)

BOO
Sep-11-2017, 17:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqJwHdMDK0

45 secs in there are 3 sequences showing what looks to be an early Mk spit and two Hurris.. Lots of big black puffs. No sherbert Lemon.

Tibsun
Sep-11-2017, 18:02
As black as the Spits, if you think all of them were black. To me it looks like more dark grey, considering the dark lights in these films.

BOO
Sep-11-2017, 18:36
ok very very very dark grey - the hurries show lighter variation to the black explosions as they bank

ATAG_Highseas
Sep-11-2017, 18:36
As black as the Spits, if you think all of them were black. To me it looks like more dark grey, considering the dark lights in these films.

looks more like an off shiney white to me.

or... i dunno...

maybe a polished dull grey

:D

Bonditaria
Sep-11-2017, 19:33
looks more like an off shiney white to me.

or... i dunno...

maybe a polished dull grey

:D

Some people say it's white and gold, others insist on blue and black.

Gromit
Sep-12-2017, 10:23
Hmmm it's either a greyish black or a blackish grey, can't decide! :-)

BOO
Sep-12-2017, 10:27
I'm always too shocked that I actually hit sommat with the 109 canon to notice the colour of the puff . Could be a rainbow sparkle spouting unicorns for all I know...

Kling
Sep-12-2017, 10:33
I'm always too shocked that I actually hit sommat with the 109 canon to notice the colour of the puff . Could a rainbow sparkle spouting unicorns for all I know...

That is exactly what we initially modded however some members complained that if we could not properly create rainbow sparkle spouting unicorns, we might as well go for dark smoke puffs. So that is what we have now. Thank the community...

Kestrel
Sep-14-2017, 18:44
Lots of big black puffs. No sherbert Lemon.

Well, you have to remember that this is Black and White. As long as something's darker than the sky, it will obviously look black or grey regardless of its actual color. A puff could be white, and it could still show up as black on the film if the sun was coming from behind it. It could be pink for all we know.

BOO
Sep-15-2017, 02:57
Well, you have to remember that this is Black and White. As long as something's darker than the sky, it will obviously look black or grey regardless of its actual color. A puff could be white, and it could still show up as black on the film if the sun was coming from behind it. It could be pink for all we know.

Gotta disagree here - If the smoke was lighter I'm pretty sure it would show up lighter in the footage. Given that there is also lighter shades in the footage along with the black I'm sticking with it being similar to the effect TFS and Clod currently models. Additionally, if this was the case, the later war footage with lots of lighter smoke would surely show up as black also wouldn't it?

There been a couple of comments about light sky and black shapes but all seem to ignore the fact that the aircraft isn't black. You can see the differentiated camo, various details and highlights/lowlights. This would show that the exposure in the film is such that is able to show grading. Only an overexposed film (for instance if the aircraft was flying directly into the sun) would possibly exhibit the effects you describe.

Screamadelica
Sep-15-2017, 06:04
That is exactly what we initially modded however some members complained that if we could not properly create rainbow sparkle spouting unicorns, we might as well go for dark smoke puffs. So that is what we have now. Thank the community...

What!!! :(
But I thought that was sorted for the new patch.
I mean I even changed my sig and everything.
No rainbow sparkle unicorns.....sigh, I'm crushed man, crushed.

lil_head
Sep-15-2017, 08:35
I imagine the hits would look different depending on what they hit and how far they penetrated before exploding.

Just don't hit my bags of sugar please.

AKA_Recon
Sep-20-2017, 20:25
Very impressive - wasn't sure if all that was coming in 4.5 or 5.0

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Sep-24-2017, 14:41
Had a few minutes today to put a small clip together showing the landscape (and a couple of other features).

Here's the video, cheers, Mysticpuma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJJoVCgZqqs&feature=youtu.be

I think that occasionally we should see a dude cannonball out the bottom of a bomber. Surely someone did one at least once.

I'm sure there was some training on it. I bet their arms get tucked in but a cannonball would be boss.

Is that you flying Mystic? I use my gunsight the same way. I tried to copy Karaya from his videos and just rammed everyone. Couldn't get the hang of lean to gunsight.

LAst question, the shells where sprenggranatepatron?

BOO
Sep-24-2017, 15:45
I tried to copy Karaya from his videos

I'm good with his technique right until the point I try to do it myself......