PDA

View Full Version : Improved CPU / GPU utilization & game performance?

QB.Creep
Aug-23-2017, 17:09
Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if this has already been answered (I searched; I swear!) - so apologies in advance if I am wrong on either account.

Just wondering if the upcoming 4.5 patch or 5.0 release will make any significant improvements to game performance? I'm referring to the stutters that occur when objects spawn into a map, when you're flying through lots of clouds, flying low over cities, etc.

Thanks!

BOO
Aug-23-2017, 17:47
Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if this has already been answered (I searched; I swear!) - so apologies in advance if I am wrong on either account.

Just wondering if the upcoming 4.5 patch or 5.0 release will make any significant improvements to game performance? I'm referring to the stutters that occur when objects spawn into a map, when you're flying through lots of clouds, flying low over cities, etc.

Thanks!

MysticPuma reported "0" stutters in his non release candidate version of 4.5. With 4.5 getting both DX11 AND 64bit goodness I would imagine there will gains.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-23-2017, 17:54
TF 4.5 adds improved technology in the form of DX11 and 64 bits, but also adds to the demands on the computer with the addition of tree collisions, and other eye candy.

I would expect to see a similar level of performance in 4.5 as people got in 4.312.

It is possible Colander will be able to improve on this for TF 5.0... certainly this is an ongoing process.

QB.Creep
Aug-23-2017, 22:56
Thanks for the info!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk