PDA

View Full Version : ATAG CoD event this friday (ATAGers Please Read)

JG52_Krupi
Dec-19-2012, 14:07
Hi fellas,

This friday marks the final day of operations for the Bristol Filton Airfield... :(

Now I don't expect many of you to have heard of this its not exactly famous but it in both wars this airfield saw a lot of action and since there is little to no true event to mark the demise of this airfield I decided to try and arrange something myself.

I am not sure if anyone cares but I hope to generate some interest from us aviation buffs to get a flight of Blenheims in COD (and perhaps some Brisfits in RoF) as a mark of respect for those that worked on these great aircraft, would ATAG be willing to help set this up?

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Please post below if your interested.

Dutch
Dec-19-2012, 14:32
Always sad to see an airfield go. Be happy to help out flying whatever. Is the idea to make something of a vid clip?

JG52_Krupi
Dec-19-2012, 14:38
I hadn't planned on it, just thought it would be nice to see a huge flight of Blenheims to mark the occasion!

Doc
Dec-19-2012, 14:44
If you're buying the beer then I am there.

ATAG_Deacon
Dec-19-2012, 16:29
If you're buying the beer then I am there.

Doc, you sure that's a good idea?

Remember this?

Then you wake up with this condition where your whole body hurts and you are bused and maybe you suspect you have a broke rib. You're laying on some sort of industrial type floor and the smell of vomit is quickly recognized and the echos of chaos just on the other side of the steel door that keeps you from leaving. Yes! Congratulations my friend! Your ass is in jail! Just about that time your door opens and a jailer tells you its time to go. You've been passed out for the entire time and never knew what happened. What day is it? How did I get here? Did I hurt anyone? Was I with anyone? All these go though your mind. Later when you get home someone shows you news clip they recorded on the DVR that shows the condition you were in last night. Yeah dude....you were that messed up last night.
http://i.imgur.com/Osr3S.jpg

:P

Doc
Dec-19-2012, 16:58
That's really messed up.

Jaws
Dec-19-2012, 17:18
That's sad to hear.

We sure could organize something.......

......we could get 30 Ju-88's and go bomb it to pieces. :D

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-19-2012, 17:35
I'll fly if I am avaliable which should be true. Always wanted to do something like this and I think I may try something to record it if something works.

Peace be with you,
Eagle

Dutch
Dec-19-2012, 19:07

Unfortunately the map doesn't stretch that far. Or to Pembrey in South Wales, which is a shame. or to....oh forget it.

Whatever you think Krupi, it's Christmas, and I'm feeling a bit sort of sentimental. Wistful, you might say. Bring it on. I'm in.

JG52_Krupi
Dec-19-2012, 20:27
That's sad to hear.

We sure could organize something.......

:grrr:

JG52_Krupi
Dec-21-2012, 13:21
Since there hasn't been a large number of ppl sign up for this (It went into it only light heartedly to be fair) I have decided to instead use the time honured British tradition of drinking my issues away and so will be getting exceedingly drunk tonight, you are welcome to do the same of course... :throwup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-21-2012, 21:35
Since there hasn't been a large number of ppl sign up for this (It went into it only light heartedly to be fair) I have decided to instead use the time honured British tradition of drinking my issues away and so will be getting exceedingly drunk tonight, you are welcome to do the same of course... :throwup:

Let's see: if I get drunk, I'll be put under arrest, possibly killed by my parents (not literally, but still), and I wouldn't be able to fly tomorrow. :D

Soon to be smashing bugs,
Eagle