PDA

View Full Version : First Il2 Planes Moded

il_corleone
Dec-20-2012, 14:08
so if I modified the game, and added some planes like hurricane mk2 whit his cannons and respective fligth model or a spit mkv (cw) its illegal? i saw some of that in the banana forums, like modified the game was illegal stuff and like that, so , if I hypothetically made that, can i post that here?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-20-2012, 14:22
Hi Il Corleone,

I don't know the answer to that, I'll let Bliss respond to your query. Obviously, we don't want any modded aircraft on our server, but what you're describing sounds great for offline play. About a year ago (and several patches/versions ago), Das Attorney posted some mods similar to what you describe on his website -- the Spitfire 2b with cannon -- for offline play. I tried it and it worked great. The artwork wasn't changed, you visually had the standard 2a wing, but the cannon effects were awesome visually, in sound, and destructive effects. Also, Jafa had released very, very good Rolls Royce Merlin engine sounds that actually SOUNDED like Merlin engines, not the diesel semi-tractors that externally they sound like now. None of them work with the current version, though. Had to always remember to knock out the mod files before playing online, which was a necessary pain in the butt.

Since this forum is dedicated to our online ATAG Server, I would guess that posting these mods here would not be a good idea. I could be wrong, though.

Snapper

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-20-2012, 14:49
From what I've read in the quesation and answer about CloD they are not ready to give up the code OR rights to the code just yet. I figure it will have to be milked by them first and then only in time will it become avaiable. Just my guess here ...

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-20-2012, 15:20
so if I modified the game, and added some planes like hurricane mk2 whit his cannons and respective fligth model or a spit mkv (cw) its illegal? i saw some of that in the banana forums, like modified the game was illegal stuff and like that, so , if I hypothetically made that, can i post that here?

il_corleone,

We are looking for modders for our team. We are hoping to get away from the 1000's of various mods and the different mod group debacle that plagued IL2-46. People that have in interest in historical accuracy and wanting to improve the sim (via, map work, flight modeling, 3d work, programming etc, and historical data) should send a private message to me. We may very well add security to our patches so other mods may not be able to be used. We don't want people to have free reign, especially in the online world. So it's much better if you have proposals and ideas to work with us so everyone's work is protected and secure for everyone else.

Doc
Dec-20-2012, 15:28
The is ground floor stuff here. 10 years from now a new generation that doesn't even think about flying will be reading the names of the persons involved with their beloved sim and how it all came together.

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-20-2012, 21:08
Good for you and your "Secret" Co Workers Bliss. If I was smart enough I might volunteer. As it is I'll just cheer you guys on ...... Hell in 10 years I'll only be 75 .... :doh:

il_corleone
Dec-21-2012, 06:35
il_corleone,

We are looking for modders for our team. We are hoping to get away from the 1000's of various mods and the different mod group debacle that plagued IL2-46. People that have in interest in historical accuracy and wanting to improve the sim (via, map work, flight modeling, 3d work, programming etc, and historical data) should send a private message to me. We may very well add security to our patches so other mods may not be able to be used. We don't want people to have free reign, especially in the online world. So it's much better if you have proposals and ideas to work with us so everyone's work is protected and secure for everyone else.

Hi bliss Thanks for the answer, and dont worry i never used, or meant to use some of that modified files if i had it, i was only testing the possibilities and for my surprise is some "easy" i am not a good moder, im gonna test some more offline, and when ready i will contact you , i think i am not ready to work whit experience moders now, but if i can help or something i will send you mp, thanks!

bongodriver
Jan-02-2013, 14:44
If it ever gets to the stage where we have tools and ability to add 3d aircraft models to a modded CoD then I'd be interested in contributing, I know my way around 3ds max fairly well.

Tonester
Jan-03-2013, 11:01
Id be happy just to fly the defiant with a hurri cockpit...or even better, a defiant cockpit....but there are far more important things that need fixing i guess before we worry about such frivolity...im sure whatever the team come up with, CLOD will be all the more gooder for it :thumbsup:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-04-2013, 00:48
Id be happy just to fly the defiant with a hurri cockpit...or even better, a defiant cockpit....but there are far more important things that need fixing i guess before we worry about such frivolity...im sure whatever the team come up with, CLOD will be all the more gooder for it :thumbsup:

I think there is every possibility of your wish coming true... Might be some time, but...

In fact, a Defiant Nightfighter campaign for No. 264 Squadron as part of a 'Blitz' expansion would seem to be a logical followup to our initial offerings...

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.com/luft1939/newald_files/410%20RCAF%20Squadron.jpg

Defiants shot down more aircraft at night during the early Blitz than any other type.

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.com/luft1939/newald_files/blocks_image_2_1-2.jpg

'Nuff said... :D