PDA

View Full Version : 4.5 downloadable patch or auto update ?

HurricaneHarvest
Oct-10-2017, 07:51
I have a few releases of CLOd on my computer, based on patch releases, in their own directories, latest being 4.312. i hope when 4.5 is released there will be a 4.5 downloadable patch so i can create a new seperate release. .. hoping .. please. :recon:

=AN=Lobo
Oct-10-2017, 08:26
Will autoupdate by Steam, as TFS said.

Mysticpuma
Oct-10-2017, 09:10
4.5 will be an autoupdate. If you have CloD installed it will upgrade it, if you don't have it installed it will download v4.5.

Cheers, MP

IIJG27Rich
Oct-10-2017, 18:33
OOO.... I like the new avatar :salute:

HurricaneHarvest
Oct-11-2017, 00:49
4.5 will be an autoupdate. If you have CloD installed it will upgrade it, if you don't have it installed it will download v4.5.

Cheers, MP

errrrr .. I have a very old version installed in the Steam directory .. any chance of inputting the install directory when installing ? .. please.

Hyperus
Oct-11-2017, 06:48
You won't (most likely) be able to install 4.312 ever again. BUT you can copy your current folder now and then when it updates you have the old version

flyingfisch
Oct-12-2017, 21:51
Truly curious, why would you want an old version of CloD?

HurricaneHarvest
Oct-12-2017, 22:41
Truly curious, why would you want an old version of CloD?

A number of reasons, first I've always divided patch releases up in most games, just in case a new patch / release has a game breaking bug / or change I didn't like. I can easily keep playing the previous release. 2nd, so i can compare releases . playing the Final release from Maddox, V 1.11.203, compared to 4.3 ATAG is interesting. ATAG 3.0 has some nice backdrop screens that wasn't in 4.3 etc.

Salmo
Oct-12-2017, 23:53
If you want to save a previous game version then just make a copy of your steam/steamapps/common/Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder & name it whatever you want BEFORE updating to 4.5. The 4.5 auto-update will update the steam/steamapps/common/Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder with new files when the 4.5 is released.

FAE_Cazador
Oct-13-2017, 07:50
Hi Salmo, and what about folders in "C:\Users\MyNamel\Documents\1C SoftClub" ? . So far, I had two different subfolders there, "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of Dover" and "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of Dover - MOD", and I ran last Beta update from Steam with Larry's wonderful pictures. Which has been updated, then?, and which will remain after 4.5 patch?

Thanks in advance