PDA

View Full Version : how to adjust weather il2 style ?

dog1
Oct-26-2017, 10:49
hello
how do you adjust the weather and time IL2 style for your mission ? i have not found any drop down menu in game for weather, just an empty dark grey image called weather map with nothing in it .

1lokos
Oct-26-2017, 11:32
In FMB, in "Mission Parameters" you can set the hour of day, wind speed, turbulence - and add wind layers and set clouds to none, few or some, plus their high from 300(?)/500 to 1500 meters.

Basic of FMB there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aijgjKuUIfM

BTW - Add this lines in Confuser.ini inside Documents\1csoftclub... dover - MOD\

[MOD]
ZoomSpeed=2
GameLanguage=English
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

This will show more detailed clouds when you select "medium" (some clouds).

Besides this can add the object "weather" for more advanced clouds formations, but this is somewhat broken (like all the rest of CloD), some clouds disappear at certain angles and some adjusts inside FMB result wrong, need manual edit of .miss file, the best guide about the use is this:

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8360

But, no matter how big - are a limit for their radius, and number of weather fronts (what can "kill" your PC) you add you see clouds only in a "bubble" around you - beyond is always CAVU, but you can cross all the Channel above, under or inside clouds - they will be "carpeting" ahead you... :whacky:

What is a shame because clouds in CloD are beautiful. :cry:

major_setback
Oct-26-2017, 16:14
In mission Builder parameters/weather you can also set 'Add Flow'. Though it seems to give mixed results.

dog1
Oct-26-2017, 16:52
i did all what you mentioned and read carefully what you sent me . However when i tested there are huge gaps and empty spaces just some clouds around me , pls take a look at my image test after i adjusted the weather parameters , , he talks about wind heights and adjustments which i can copy at 3 layers 0-1-2 but there is nothing about adding more clouds that he mentions in point 3 ,then how do you add rain ? finally his tutorial and research and testing is online only does that matter ?3209332094 this is also my first douglas bader skin test , i had no problems with color issues , hope you like it , note you cannot see the grey off the exhaust ! what do i do in this case to make the grey appear ? i will seek advise in the skining section about this.

1lokos
Oct-26-2017, 17:56
The second part of ACG tutorial:

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8373

dog1
Oct-26-2017, 23:29
i have bookmarked this important site related to this game. having read the second part i have a question ,having added the different heights of the clouds i then add the rain ? all this to be above part one which is the 3 layers off wind ? at my discretion do i create different mission templates for my MB ? i'm going to do a test and report back , my desktop gamer pc is very powerful so there is no worry with performances and reactions . thanks support you have been always helping me out from day one .
NB:when is part 3 expected ? 2 weecks !?
Patch 4.5 3 weecks?
patch 5 ? when i'm dead

1lokos
Oct-27-2017, 10:48
CloD have no rain.

I guess that this ACG tutorial - made from online point of view (but valid for single player) don't make much success with "onliner's", because this players want all advantages possible, what include CAVU skies.

It's more certain that we're all dead before CloD be what "could be, if..." :D

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 21:20
here are the images from his set up with cumulus . note the totally empty space . i then flew towards it for a while but nothing starts accumulating rolling carpet style . this is pic one , i will continue in sequence 32148.

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 21:36
here are the images from his set up with cumulus . note the totally empty space , i then flew towards it for a while but nothing starts accumulating rolling carpet style , note the horizon which is cut in two sections with half the clouds shaved , they then take their shape as you approach .here are the pics , i will continue in sequence 32148.321493215032151321523215332154 note in pic 2 you can see clearly the grey i added again to exhaust , i simply added a brighter grey and more highliting .

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 21:38
here are the images from his set up with cumulus . note the totally empty space , i then flew towards it for a while but nothing starts accumulating rolling carpet style , note the horizon which is cut in two sections with half the clouds shaved , they then take their shape as you approach .here are the pics , i will continue in sequence 32148.32149321503215132152321533215432155

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 21:45
i will today evening conduct tests with the alternative 2 cloud settings he gave .

dog1
Oct-28-2017, 11:37
here are the images in overcast flat . it starts very well with dense clouds but again once you get out its open space to the horizon ??!! it doesnt roll forward .32165321663216732168 there is no split horizon in this mod and you can see there are no cut clouds reforming in the distance.,better than cumulus by far but again once out there is no more clouds.

dog1
Oct-28-2017, 11:48
so far my question is how do i go about making the clouds of so many square KM's repeat themselves as i move in any direction? surely the game does'nt just cover the start up area with clouds and thats it .

dog1
Oct-29-2017, 05:58
i have tried all the different cloud settings including rain but they are all the same . there is no rain and big gaps between the clouds and open space everywhere. i am waitting for registration approval to ask on their forum where do you place the codes for each cloud set .