PDA

View Full Version : mission building mission file set up

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 01:50
i do not find a default mi.1 template to make missions though there is one appearing in MB , why ? pls explain . I found a 1 notepad mission file in the documents il2 COD MOD missions folder and added my parameters gave a name and saved but it wont save as notepad and does not appear as such in MB , how do i go about this since this is the base for any mission building . in my first test i used 1.mis to save and this does appear but cannot change the name..

1lokos
Oct-27-2017, 11:04
".mis" files don't open with Windows Notepad if you double click in the file, but open if right click and select in "Open with" menu.

Anyway, install Notepad++ is more suitable to edit non plain .txt files, Windows Notepad can corrupt the file.

You don't need template for create missions in MB, but can use any exiting Single Mission and Quick Mission (1) as template if want.

(1) CloD FMB see only missions in the folder:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions

Quick Missions and Campaign missions are stored in different folder

(default path) ... \steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\ > in sub-folders Quick, Campaign and Training.

Since FMB don't see this folder, copy their contend for a folder - example create one, name "To edit" inside:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions

Now you can edit or use Quick and Campaign missions as template.

Campaign missions has several examples of ".cs" files together (script files in C++) necessary to add events in CloD missions, like victory conditions, spawn sub-missions, objects, etc. This ".cs" is what exclude from "common mortals" the ability to make detailed missions in CloD FMB.

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 12:38
i am using in the missions folder mis file 1 and i put in all the parameters but when i try to save i can only save as text i have the notepad you mentioned installed but i dont get the option right clicking to save the text as notepad therefore it wont appear in MB this is my problem.i cannot save to notepad .after closing the text file i am using the notepad you mentioned to edit as and then trying to save as notepad but it gives a big list but none are notepad.32103 here is the image off what you see in my missions folder when i try to save .

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 12:53
i must go to bed its midnight , hope to read your solution in the morning . goodnight .

1lokos
Oct-27-2017, 17:23
...but when i try to save i can only save as text

This is because your Windows settings is not showing file extensions.

If you try save a file in Notepad as "weather test1.mis" will be saved: "weather test1.mis.txt", hence is not see by game as mission file.

dog1
Oct-27-2017, 21:41
by adding .mis it converts to notepad and does appear in MB.thanks.